Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Pitch 18:05 - Mar 24 with 2914 viewsNinco

I know we are contracted with Hornets to let them play their games on the pitch, but we played on it yesterday, and Hornets played on it today, then I heard that Hornets allowed two school games on it at lunchtime, so four games played in a weekend and now it's raining, meaning it will be in a right mess. Surely the club can insist that school games are played somewhere else to give the pitch a chance to recover.
The Pitch on 18:33 - Mar 24 with 2827 viewsjudd

Seriously?

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Pitch on 18:45 - Mar 24 with 2800 viewsmingthemerciless

The pitch was fine. The 7 year old kids hardly made any impression on it at all. It looked exactly the same at 4.45 as it did at 3.00. You're worrying about nothing. Anyway I always thought that if you we're playing teams of superior technical ability IE Sunderland, the rougher the pitch the better.
It wasn't raining at any point in the game.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 18:49]
The Pitch on 18:57 - Mar 24 with 2752 viewsNinco

The Pitch on 18:45 - Mar 24 by mingthemerciless

The pitch was fine. The 7 year old kids hardly made any impression on it at all. It looked exactly the same at 4.45 as it did at 3.00. You're worrying about nothing. Anyway I always thought that if you we're playing teams of superior technical ability IE Sunderland, the rougher the pitch the better.
It wasn't raining at any point in the game.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 18:49]

So the pitch was fine was it? It's got more sand on it than Blackpool Beach. I know that was on it yesterday, but playing unnecessary games on it will just cause it to deteriorate further. As for it not raining, it was bouncing down at 5pm which would have affected the pitch.
The Pitch on 19:10 - Mar 24 with 2704 viewsjudd

The Pitch on 18:57 - Mar 24 by Ninco

So the pitch was fine was it? It's got more sand on it than Blackpool Beach. I know that was on it yesterday, but playing unnecessary games on it will just cause it to deteriorate further. As for it not raining, it was bouncing down at 5pm which would have affected the pitch.

7 year old kids?

Really?

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Pitch on 19:12 - Mar 24 with 2701 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets finished playing at 4.40 as per usual. It wasn't raining then. I had a pint in the bar and then left the ground at at about 5.30 to 5.40. There was a very fine drizzle just starting to come down by then. I carried on walking home and half an hour later I hadn't even bothered putting on my baseball cap

Maybe you should take the issue of rain up with that bloke with a long white beard up in the sky. We used to joke Hornets get blamed when it rains but you appear to be serious.

The pitch always has sand on it at this time of year, what else is new ?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 19:14]
The Pitch on 19:48 - Mar 24 with 2596 viewsdownunder

Should be grass growing season by now. Need a bit of rain. To be fair, if the pitch is like Blackpool Beach, 7 year olds will not make any difference. It is the Red White and Blue Donkeys that do the damage.
The Pitch on 20:04 - Mar 24 with 2566 viewsTVOS1907

Where was it bouncing down at 5pm?

I was walking near to Hollingworth Lake and it was spitting for about five minutes.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

The Pitch on 06:40 - Mar 25 with 2303 viewshammerdale

The Pitch on 19:48 - Mar 24 by downunder

Should be grass growing season by now. Need a bit of rain. To be fair, if the pitch is like Blackpool Beach, 7 year olds will not make any difference. It is the Red White and Blue Donkeys that do the damage.

And the Widnes thoroughbreds of course.
Login to get fewer ads

The Pitch on 08:56 - Mar 25 with 2170 viewsdingdangblue

The Pitch on 20:04 - Mar 24 by TVOS1907

Where was it bouncing down at 5pm?

I was walking near to Hollingworth Lake and it was spitting for about five minutes.

5.20 it started raining (fairly heavy) in Heywood. It was fine all day up till then.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Pitch on 10:25 - Mar 25 with 2073 viewsmingthemerciless

Once this sun gets going the players will be coming out with machetes to fight their way into the pitch !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024