Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland game - Question(s) for the Trust 16:27 - Mar 31 with 2336 views100notout

Apologies for starting a new thread on this - I appreciate there is a very long thread on this issue and apologies if I've missed it but I have a specific question - why oh why oh why didn't the club just give the Sunderland the Sandy Lane as well as the Wilbutts?

It would solve the segregation / safety issue and generate more income for the club. Away fans could exit the Sandy at the Wilbutts exit.

Of course there would still be some disgruntled fans but its one game and fans would have a chance to upgrade for no extra cost. I stand in the Sandy but would move for one game and I suspect a lot of others would also.

Was this option considered?
If so, why was it not put into place?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Sunderland game - Question(s) for the Trust on 16:55 - Mar 31 with 2283 viewsNerazzurri

The reason given was that the safety authorities would not allow that as the main stand turnstiles are right next to the Sandy turnstiles & they did not want the two sets of fans entering in such close proximity.

Forza Nerazzurri

Sunderland game - Question(s) for the Trust on 16:57 - Mar 31 with 2264 viewswindowsbug

One could always argue why not give up all of Pearl street.
Sunderland game - Question(s) for the Trust on 17:04 - Mar 31 with 2236 viewsD_Alien

Sunderland game - Question(s) for the Trust on 16:57 - Mar 31 by windowsbug

One could always argue why not give up all of Pearl street.

That would've been my preferred solution, plus half the Willbutts - a stand designed with segregation in mind

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sunderland game - Question(s) for the Trust on 17:19 - Mar 31 with 2198 views100notout

Sunderland game - Question(s) for the Trust on 16:55 - Mar 31 by Nerazzurri

The reason given was that the safety authorities would not allow that as the main stand turnstiles are right next to the Sandy turnstiles & they did not want the two sets of fans entering in such close proximity.

ok - thanks Neruzzi

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Sunderland game - Question(s) for the Trust on 20:58 - Mar 31 with 2044 viewsisitme

Sunderland game - Question(s) for the Trust on 17:04 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

That would've been my preferred solution, plus half the Willbutts - a stand designed with segregation in mind

Evethough I sit in the Pearl Street that option makes sense if I was offered a seat in the main stand/willbutts before they went on general sale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024