Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Bunney and the subs 17:03 - Apr 6 with 11177 viewsoddjob007

Not knocking his work rate or commitment, but frankly he’s not good enough. All their attacks came down our left side, it was a matter of time before they scored, and they did from that side.

Subs were a little baffling.., why take Hendo off? Dooley is like a headless chicken.

However, we looked good and matched them, could have even nicked it. Left side is an issue.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 17:23 - Apr 6 with 7093 viewsShun

I’d have to say if there’s one flaw in BBM’s impressive work so far it’s his usage of subs. Every game he’s taken he’s made subs that made us weaker and our performance levels have dipped late on as a result. I didn’t go today but my sources tell me that was the case again. Henderson especially... I don’t think Hill sub’d Henderson once in his career yet BBM seemingly does it every game. Granted, he hasn’t been playing as well since having a (Hender)son but he’s still by far our best player and as fit as anyone, so barring injury he shouldn’t ever be sub’d off!

I’d love to hear a report from those who went because it sounds like we were hard done by today!
Joe Bunney and the subs on 17:29 - Apr 6 with 7059 views442Dale

The subs were strange, Henderson especially, and we had no threat after he went off. They always looked to have a bit more quality but our endeavour was causing them problems and with a bit more luck could have scored again ourselves.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Joe Bunney and the subs on 17:30 - Apr 6 with 7053 viewsisitme

First half we played well. Second half we sat back a bit. For both goals we didn't close the ball quick enough. Their first was a great turn and finish right in the corner and the second Dooley should have pressured the ball better.

We worked hard but their extra bit of quality, especially from the bench cost us. Our options from the bench are a bit limited. We lack pace to stretch the game.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 17:50 - Apr 6 with 6867 viewsD_Alien

Agree with all the above. It's just that extra bit of quality that did for us, bringing on someone like Oviedo for instance

Our subs started at 1-1 when i thought BBM was trying to be positive and go for the win, but it backfired. He'll learn, and today was as good a day as any to learn from

Overall, i like the way we're set up and that showed in the way we tested them until the last 10 minutes. Each player knows what they have to do and by and large they're performing. Thought McNulty was outstanding today. We're good enough on that showing to be in L1, but if we have to regroup in L2 next season i'm confident BBM is good enough to take us back to this level - more confident than i would've been under the previous management
[Post edited 6 Apr 2019 17:51]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Joe Bunney and the subs on 17:51 - Apr 6 with 6863 viewsmikehunt

Joe Bunney and the subs on 17:30 - Apr 6 by isitme

First half we played well. Second half we sat back a bit. For both goals we didn't close the ball quick enough. Their first was a great turn and finish right in the corner and the second Dooley should have pressured the ball better.

We worked hard but their extra bit of quality, especially from the bench cost us. Our options from the bench are a bit limited. We lack pace to stretch the game.

I’m not having any blame put on Joe. He is an asset to our team. Remember we were winning until the subs. That is something I will agree with: our subs weakening the team. We really don’t have a goal threat.
Surprised t’other Ethan didn’t get a look in if he was on the bench. But we gave them a game. Play like this for the remainder of games and we have a sniff of survival

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Joe Bunney and the subs on 17:51 - Apr 6 with 6857 viewsdeeplishblue

Joe Bunney and the subs on 17:30 - Apr 6 by isitme

I thought JB was isolated today. Kosi sat back and done drifted into the middle. Joe plays his best when he has help down the left. Can't really be blamed for anything today.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Joe Bunney and the subs on 17:57 - Apr 6 with 6791 viewsJames1980

The thread title sounds like a rock & roll group.
Now on The Ed Sullivan show its JOE BUNNEYYYYY AND THEEEEEE SUUUBBBBBBSSSSS

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:03 - Apr 6 with 6753 viewswelshdale

Bunney was exposed to their left back (13) all afternoon. The 13 was the out ball and had 15 yards to run forward before having a one-on-one with JB

Tough one to take but they lads are working their socks off but it was added quality that won the game for them today

Huge game now on Tuesday
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:07 - Apr 6 with 6722 viewstony_roch975

Joe Bunney and the subs on 17:51 - Apr 6 by deeplishblue

I thought JB was isolated today. Kosi sat back and done drifted into the middle. Joe plays his best when he has help down the left. Can't really be blamed for anything today.

Absolutely - Done's wandering ( he was as often on the right wing as the left) unbalanced the team & left JB exposed. We haven't had a dependable left side midfielder since Joe Thompson.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:10 - Apr 6 with 6679 viewsDaley_Lama

Fools got done like a kipper twice before the fatal third time for the winner.

Joe B getting booked for time wasting early 2nd half didn’t help.

Great effort against a very strong team.

Poll: DF in or out

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:17 - Apr 6 with 6609 views442Dale

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:07 - Apr 6 by tony_roch975

Absolutely - Done's wandering ( he was as often on the right wing as the left) unbalanced the team & left JB exposed. We haven't had a dependable left side midfielder since Joe Thompson.

We weren't playing with a left-sided midfielder. With a back three and wing-backs it relies on the midfield three, of which Done was playing further forward behind Henderson and Wilbraham, to shift across and help out wide.

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:32 - Apr 6 with 6504 viewstony_roch975

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:17 - Apr 6 by 442Dale

We weren't playing with a left-sided midfielder. With a back three and wing-backs it relies on the midfield three, of which Done was playing further forward behind Henderson and Wilbraham, to shift across and help out wide.

Who were the 'midfield 3' by your definition?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:37 - Apr 6 with 6466 views442Dale

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:32 - Apr 6 by tony_roch975

Who were the 'midfield 3' by your definition?

Camps, Rathbone with Done ahead of them. Wilbraham and Henderson the front two. It's a fluid system that can see the midfield three become a front three, but with wing-backs you don't then have a natural wide midfielder, otherwise it negates the wing-back pushing on.

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:41 - Apr 6 with 6438 viewsD_Alien

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:37 - Apr 6 by 442Dale

Camps, Rathbone with Done ahead of them. Wilbraham and Henderson the front two. It's a fluid system that can see the midfield three become a front three, but with wing-backs you don't then have a natural wide midfielder, otherwise it negates the wing-back pushing on.

The other aspect to that is the three at the back, the wider two being required to support their wingback. EEL does a sterling job supporting McLaughlin, and have to say he's turning into a very good signing now his fitness has improved

On the other side, Ntlhe isn't able to provide the same degree of defensive protection, although he's another player who's made strides recently

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:47 - Apr 6 with 6391 viewsSandymandy

Hendo has been carrying muscle injuries but wants to play through them BBM has said. For me taking alby off for William's was the cost of the game for us. William's isnt football league player for a start he can run with the ball but unless he stops and has 5 seconds to think he cant do anything with it, alby was our only threat against a team with plenty of height he brought enough experience from a higher level to even the odds. Poor tactical decision for and It cant be put down to his age he looked like he still had 90 minutes in him
Joe Bunney and the subs on 18:54 - Apr 6 with 6321 viewsShun

The exciting thing about the remainder of the season is that we have 6 games left - 2 of them against teams firmly in the playoffs with little chance of dropping out of them and only slightly more chance of challenging the top 2. And our remaining 4 games are all against teams fighting relegation.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 20:10 - Apr 6 with 6079 viewsNorthernDale

I was generally pleased with our performance, I went expecting a defeat, but left disappointed that we did not get at least a point, such was our performance . However I have to agree with the general view that Bunney is the weak link in the team at the moment and it as been the same the last few games.

The subs were baffling to say the least, why was Dooley introduced, yet Hamilton was left on the bench. Hamilton has the ability to open the opposition defence and also is not feared of shooting. Even worse as taking Wilbraham off, it was a mistake, in that he caused problems for the Sunderland defence and Henderson is our only nature goalscorer. So the subs forced us on the back foot, with little bite up front. I would have taken Bunney and Done (he seemed tired at the end) and introduced Inman at wing back and Hamilton in midfield.

But overall the performance, rather then the result gives us hope and I just e repeat it on Tuesday and in every game between now and the end of the season.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 21:03 - Apr 6 with 5955 viewsNinco

What puzzled me was Bunney wasting time every time he got a throw in. I could understand it if we were 1-0 up with 15 minutes left, but to do it in the first half was bizarre and for me, it spoilt the game a bit. It ultimately ended up with him getting a yellow card and had the referee interpreted him booting the ball angrily at the advertising hoardings as kicking the ball away, he could have been sent off.

Had he played it quickly, we may have had more opportunity to get a second goal. We will never know of course.

He looked angry about something today, and I heard BBM trying to spur him on a lot. Not his usual self, but I wouldn't say he is 'not good enough' on the basis of today's game alone.

Regarding BBM's substitutions, I always wonder what they do with the data from the heart monitors, and if someone is relaying that data back to BBM, which they should be, he may simply be taking players off as a precaution if they are close to their heart rate threshold.

The result didn't go our way, but it was good to see the players putting the effort in and looking like they wanted to win.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 21:18 - Apr 6 with 5901 viewsrich_dale

There may have been reasons for each substitution but making all three probably cost us a point. That said, if we come out firing Tuesday having saved a few legs it will be forgotten.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 21:19 - Apr 6 with 5895 viewsnordenblue

Joe Bunney and the subs on 21:03 - Apr 6 by Ninco

What puzzled me was Bunney wasting time every time he got a throw in. I could understand it if we were 1-0 up with 15 minutes left, but to do it in the first half was bizarre and for me, it spoilt the game a bit. It ultimately ended up with him getting a yellow card and had the referee interpreted him booting the ball angrily at the advertising hoardings as kicking the ball away, he could have been sent off.

Had he played it quickly, we may have had more opportunity to get a second goal. We will never know of course.

He looked angry about something today, and I heard BBM trying to spur him on a lot. Not his usual self, but I wouldn't say he is 'not good enough' on the basis of today's game alone.

Regarding BBM's substitutions, I always wonder what they do with the data from the heart monitors, and if someone is relaying that data back to BBM, which they should be, he may simply be taking players off as a precaution if they are close to their heart rate threshold.

The result didn't go our way, but it was good to see the players putting the effort in and looking like they wanted to win.

That's the first time EVER I've heard of a possible substitution based on a possible heart rate threshold?
As one of the fittest members of the team id guess Hendo would be the least one affected by your thinking mind..
Joe Bunney and the subs on 21:53 - Apr 6 with 5781 viewsrochdale_ranger

Joe Bunney and the subs on 21:03 - Apr 6 by Ninco

Individuals weren’t running to receive the ball. We played well today but that aspect was hillesque, Joe had a good game.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 22:05 - Apr 6 with 5748 viewsNinco

Joe Bunney and the subs on 21:19 - Apr 6 by nordenblue

That's the first time EVER I've heard of a possible substitution based on a possible heart rate threshold?
As one of the fittest members of the team id guess Hendo would be the least one affected by your thinking mind..

then what is the point in them wearing heart rate monitors?
Joe Bunney and the subs on 22:23 - Apr 6 with 5700 viewsmacro

Bunney did well in patches, good assist for the goal. Lost his way after getting booked - a bit like McGahey in the Scunny game he seemed to scared to challenge, afraid of getting a second yellow.

On the subs, personally I wouldn’t have taken either Wilbraham or Henderson off. We did miss the likes of Calvin coming on today - it just shows what an ineffectual footballer Joradn Williams is
Joe Bunney and the subs on 23:36 - Apr 6 with 5528 viewsrochdale_ranger

JUst watched the goals back. Lillis is sub standard.
Joe Bunney and the subs on 23:58 - Apr 6 with 5495 viewsYouTubeDale

Our whole team were playing for time from the off and that was game management per BBM. Via this approach Rochdale dictated play and frustrated the sh@t out the Black Cats. We could n’t match them going toe to toe so this was our tactic. Lillis taking an age with his goal kicks, EEL an age with his throw-ins and the ref didn’t stamp down on it, so we carried on. And when we scored, I thought BBM came up with a great plan. Alby was at it too, with his head injuries, taking time out of the game.

I agree, we had the best of the chances and deserved at least a point. But full marks to BBM with his tactics, although I agree taking Alby and Hendo off weakened us but BBM thought he had to protect them. And I agree Hamilton would have made more of an impact than Inman and Williams.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2019 0:12]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024