Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National League 16:40 - Apr 8 with 2410 viewselectricblue

Just thought that a change from whats being posted recently and a chance to view possible opponents next season..

Enjoy.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

National League on 16:47 - Apr 8 with 2379 viewsEllDale

Salford may be top at the moment but there are several teams in contention for automatic promotion.
As mentioned on another thread recently the EFL's regulations won't allow them to spend as recklessly as they do currently.
Some familiar faces in their squad as well like Scott Wiseman and Lois Maynard.
Is Redshaw still there?
National League on 16:50 - Apr 8 with 2360 viewsEllDale

I forgot that Danny Livesey is there as well......
Always rated him when he was with us on loan from Bolton.
National League on 18:36 - Apr 8 with 2197 viewsscarrow

Have developed a completely irrational dislike of Salford. Hope they don't go up

Poll: Final position

National League on 19:21 - Apr 8 with 2084 viewsfitzochris

Solihull Moors are the success story of that division this season, as far as I’m concerned.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

National League on 20:01 - Apr 8 with 2011 viewsjoecooke

I hope Salford get promoted,obviously im a little biased as ive lived here for 30 years!

They have spent huge sums of money but have also set up an academy setup from scratch,set up a womens team and do quite a bit in the community.

I have been a couple of times this season and the way they approach match day has impressed me.

Using local business to sell such things at craft beer from the seven brothers brewery and great indian food from local indian suppliers gives supporters a choice and is decent.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

National League on 22:14 - Apr 8 with 1872 viewsscarrow

National League on 20:01 - Apr 8 by joecooke

I hope Salford get promoted,obviously im a little biased as ive lived here for 30 years!

They have spent huge sums of money but have also set up an academy setup from scratch,set up a womens team and do quite a bit in the community.

I have been a couple of times this season and the way they approach match day has impressed me.

Using local business to sell such things at craft beer from the seven brothers brewery and great indian food from local indian suppliers gives supporters a choice and is decent.

Don't like clubs who just buy their way to success, fair play for the community work but I really hope they do not go up.

Poll: Final position

National League on 06:12 - Apr 9 with 1756 viewsnordenblue

National League on 22:14 - Apr 8 by scarrow

Don't like clubs who just buy their way to success, fair play for the community work but I really hope they do not go up.

Don't most successful clubs buy their way to success though?
National League on 06:42 - Apr 9 with 1748 viewsjoecooke

National League on 19:21 - Apr 8 by fitzochris

Solihull Moors are the success story of that division this season, as far as I’m concerned.

Doing well are Solihull,but i think they are also being bankrolled .

Login to get fewer ads

National League on 07:21 - Apr 9 with 1721 viewsfitzochris

National League on 06:42 - Apr 9 by joecooke

Doing well are Solihull,but i think they are also being bankrolled .

This article from November describes them as having one of the smallest budgets in the National League:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46199516

“While Yates left Macclesfield after just 12 league games, Solihull have gone from strength to strength since promoting Flowers, despite one of the smallest budgets in the National League.

"At the start of the season our aim was not to go down," said Flowers, whose team are classed as full-time and train on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.”

National League on 07:34 - Apr 9 with 1702 viewsjoecooke

National League on 07:21 - Apr 9 by fitzochris

This article from November describes them as having one of the smallest budgets in the National League:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46199516

“While Yates left Macclesfield after just 12 league games, Solihull have gone from strength to strength since promoting Flowers, despite one of the smallest budgets in the National League.

"At the start of the season our aim was not to go down," said Flowers, whose team are classed as full-time and train on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45274905

Think the new investors previous tells me theres more to it.

National League on 07:42 - Apr 9 with 1693 viewsScunnydale

Being Salford-born, I've always wanted to see a Salford team do well. I never expected one to be on the edge of the Football League. However, the way they've gone about it rankles massively. So much so that I'd rather not see them in the EFL. And yes, who they're owned by doesn't help.
National League on 07:46 - Apr 9 with 1685 viewsEllDale

Salford aren't the only club in the National League with lavish owners.
AFC Fylde and Harrogate are two more.
And don't forget that this is how the likes of Fleetwood, Stevenage and Crawley all came through the leagues.
National League on 08:59 - Apr 9 with 1615 viewsfitzochris

National League on 07:34 - Apr 9 by joecooke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45274905

Think the new investors previous tells me theres more to it.

Regardless of how the shareholding is broken down, they haven’t invested massively in the playing squad. They don’t have a striker who was playing at Hampden and pushing for an SPFL Premier League title last season, for example.

Looks to me that they’ve assembled a decent team within their means and are soundly managed. The sustained results they’ve achieved, given they claim to train only three times a week, is astounding.

National League on 10:01 - Apr 9 with 1565 viewsEllDale

They had a decent cuprun as well, taking Blackpool to a replay in which they ran them close.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024