Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stewie Day 11:47 - Apr 9 with 10166 viewselectricblue

Its been reported that a huge chunk of Stewie Days business as collapsed with debts of £27m......

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/17560478.former-bury-fc-chairman-stewart-days-e
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 11:48]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stewie Day on 12:28 - Apr 9 with 8313 viewsJames1980

Medereco more like Merdeco

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Stewie Day on 12:28 - Apr 9 with 8312 viewsdeeplishblue

I believed him.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Stewie Day on 13:16 - Apr 9 with 8155 viewsBass1

The people from this board have been posting on Burys board for years, warning them that their club could go under if the fans just sat back and did nothing.
Well, the chicken really has come home to roost.

Stewie Day on 13:50 - Apr 9 with 8041 viewsnordenblue

#enjoytheride
Stewie Day on 14:54 - Apr 9 with 7892 viewsToffeemanc

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Stewie Day on 22:17 - Apr 9 with 7394 viewsdownunder

Stewie Day on 14:54 - Apr 9 by Toffeemanc

Glad you posted that, been a long time since I have had a trip to Blackpool.
Stewie Day on 22:48 - Apr 9 with 7294 viewsrochdale_ranger

Stewie Day on 13:16 - Apr 9 by Bass1

The people from this board have been posting on Burys board for years, warning them that their club could go under if the fans just sat back and did nothing.
Well, the chicken really has come home to roost.

As deluded as some of the Bury lot are ( I know a couple of them personally) what could they as fans actually do?
Stewie Day on 22:58 - Apr 9 with 7239 viewsDaley_Lama

Stewie Day on 22:48 - Apr 9 by rochdale_ranger

As deluded as some of the Bury lot are ( I know a couple of them personally) what could they as fans actually do?

Forever Bury could have block voted against share dilution and constitutional change as they had said they would when they requested shareholders give them proxy voting power.

Nothing to say that would have made any difference, but they lost any credibility that night as representatives or safeguarders of bury FC fan base.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Stewie Day on 10:43 - Apr 10 with 6811 viewsoff2div1

You try and get £200,000 mortgage and it's a right pain yet people like Day manage to get hold of money easy.Then leave loads of people in debt.Bar Stewie.
Stewie Day on 10:55 - Apr 10 with 6779 viewsColDale

adjourned until 15th May
Taxman now wants £277,000 off them but has accepted a payment plan from them
Stewie Day on 13:06 - Apr 10 with 6566 viewspioneer

Stewie Day on 22:58 - Apr 9 by Daley_Lama

Forever Bury could have block voted against share dilution and constitutional change as they had said they would when they requested shareholders give them proxy voting power.

Nothing to say that would have made any difference, but they lost any credibility that night as representatives or safeguarders of bury FC fan base.

There has been a lot of dissatisfaction from fans about the changes at the board and management level at Spotland this season, what exactly could the fans have done about that?

The fans have little if any influence over decisions of the football club, whether that be Bury or Rochdale. Some may have drunk the coolaid at Burybut those that didnt could do nothing tostop what has happened.

The blame is not with the fans but with the footballleague for approving these clowns to be right and proper people to be owners.
Stewie Day on 13:13 - Apr 10 with 6544 viewsJames1980

To think The Buckets fans thought he was

Stewie Day on 13:21 - Apr 10 with 6517 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stewie Day on 10:55 - Apr 10 by ColDale

adjourned until 15th May

They do seem to have a knack of dodging a bullet......how do they get away with it?

Yet another reprieve (for now).......how will they fund another payment plan,with limited turnover through summer?
Stewie Day on 13:51 - Apr 10 with 6420 viewsdeezel

Stewie Day on 10:55 - Apr 10 by ColDale

adjourned until 15th May

My understanding of events today are...

Original WUP was from Chris Brass - he has accepted a payment plan (no idea what period)

HMRC piggy-backed onto the WUP with a new claim for £277k which was adjourned until 15 May

Apparently there were other creditors in attendance but the Judge only added the new HMRC claim. The others will have to raise new Petitions
Stewie Day on 14:09 - Apr 10 with 6378 viewsSuddenLad

Stewie Day on 13:51 - Apr 10 by deezel

Original WUP was from Chris Brass - he has accepted a payment plan (no idea what period)

HMRC piggy-backed onto the WUP with a new claim for £277k which was adjourned until 15 May

Apparently there were other creditors in attendance but the Judge only added the new HMRC claim. The others will have to raise new Petitions

Which they probably will.

£277,000 for HMRC, other creditors queuing up, no wages paid to players & staff, a 'payment plan' in place to keep Chris Brass at bay.

What about the existing massive debts ? The stewarding bills ? The day-to-day running of the club ?

They're in more doo-doo than they have ever been at any time in their history. They need snookers on a massive scale to get out of this one. Can't see a happy outcome I'm afraid.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stewie Day on 14:17 - Apr 10 with 6333 viewsdeeplishblue

Chris Brass has done the right thing by agreeing with the payment plan. If he hadn't then it could have been an own goal. The last thing anyone wants to see is a Chris Brass own goal.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 14:18]

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Stewie Day on 14:47 - Apr 10 with 6247 viewsToffeemanc

Stewie Day on 14:17 - Apr 10 by deeplishblue

Chris Brass has done the right thing by agreeing with the payment plan. If he hadn't then it could have been an own goal. The last thing anyone wants to see is a Chris Brass own goal.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 14:18]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Stewie Day on 16:07 - Apr 10 with 6098 viewselectricblue

Stewie Day on 13:51 - Apr 10 by deezel

How long before Chris Brass doest get paid and another WUP is forth coming..
Bury seem to collect WUP....

Stewie Day on 17:57 - Apr 18 with 5185 viewsaleanddale

I have a serious question.

if I set up a posh web site and advertised 300 car parking spaces at £10 000 in return for 10% a year interest and then just basically pocket £3 000 000 would I get into trouble?

Just WTF how is this allowed to happen?.

Three Million Quid!!!

Stewie really is some piece of work isn't he!
Stewie Day on 06:14 - Apr 19 with 4787 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Who would have thought Chris Brass and Ronaldinho could ever be mentioned in the same sentence?!
Stewie Day on 08:00 - Apr 19 with 4704 viewsHK_Dale

Stewie Day on 17:57 - Apr 18 by aleanddale

if I set up a posh web site and advertised 300 car parking spaces at £10 000 in return for 10% a year interest and then just basically pocket £3 000 000 would I get into trouble?

Three Million Quid!!!

It's a valid point and I'm surprised the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) wouldn't have something to say.

Seems very much like a Financial Promotion, i.e. for encouraging people to participate in a high risk collective investment scheme, and therefore would need to meet certain conditions...

The FCA took action against a similar scheme last year / late 2017. https://www.ftadviser.com/investments/2018/01/10/parking-investment-claims-fca-a
Stewie Day on 11:07 - Apr 19 with 4507 viewsJames1980

Stewie Day on 17:57 - Apr 18 by aleanddale

Three Million Quid!!!

At least it wasn't some sort of ponzi scheme. He wouldn't do something like that surely? Would he?

Stewie Day on 13:57 - Apr 19 with 4315 viewselectricblue

I would not that past him at all.....

I also heard this morning that he placed a lot into his wifes name which will be untouchable i presume....

Stewie Day on 19:07 - Apr 19 with 4008 viewsMolly

Stewie Day on 13:57 - Apr 19 by electricblue

I would not that past him at all.....

I also heard this morning that he placed a lot into his wifes name which will be untouchable i presume....

Please can you explain why it will be untouchable.
Stewie Day on 19:49 - Apr 19 with 3928 viewselectricblue

That assets will classed as belong to his missus and her name will not be on any part of the debts accrued in stewies name...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024