Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington match thread 19:05 - Apr 9 with 22747 viewsfitzochris

Bunney to the bench and Keohane into the starting XI. Clough makes the bench.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Accrington match thread on 21:47 - Apr 9 with 6073 viewsD_Alien

Accrington match thread on 21:45 - Apr 9 by Sheffdale

Presumably our first double as well?

Thwarting Coleman. I'll bet he was looking forward to turning us over after his experience here

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Accrington match thread on 21:48 - Apr 9 with 6077 viewsDorsetDale

Accrington match thread on 21:41 - Apr 9 by D_Alien

Takes some of the pressure off at Portsmouth now. A draw there would be just great

Indeed although win lose or draw, with Wycombe playing Southend on Saturday we stay out of the bottom four whatever the scores.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Accrington match thread on 21:51 - Apr 9 with 5994 viewsoddjob007

11 points from 6 games.

11 points from the previous 15 games.
Accrington match thread on 21:54 - Apr 9 with 5899 viewsSuddenLad

Hendo got his 5th yellow card tonight. Will it affect his availability for Saturday ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Accrington match thread on 21:57 - Apr 9 with 5817 viewsfitzochris

Accrington match thread on 21:51 - Apr 9 by oddjob007

11 points from 6 games.

11 points from the previous 15 games.

That’s the telling stat for me. Same group of players, different approach.

Accrington match thread on 21:57 - Apr 9 with 5809 viewsoddjob007

False information.

If 2 of Southend, Wimbledon, Walsall win and we lose we go back into the bottom 4
Accrington match thread on 21:58 - Apr 9 with 5786 viewsmacro

Brilliant result, all the little snippets I hear are how the players are far happier and everyone is united.

Hendo won’t be suspended - 10 needed now
Accrington match thread on 22:05 - Apr 9 with 5637 viewsSuddenLad

Accrington match thread on 21:58 - Apr 9 by macro

Brilliant result, all the little snippets I hear are how the players are far happier and everyone is united.

Hendo won’t be suspended - 10 needed now

Thanks.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Accrington match thread on 22:24 - Apr 9 with 5420 viewsleedsdale

Highlights (with a random clip from the Sunderland v Burton game thrown in too)

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11

Great finish from Ollie!
Accrington match thread on 22:33 - Apr 9 with 5311 viewsrich_dale

Accrington match thread on 21:57 - Apr 9 by fitzochris

That’s the telling stat for me. Same group of players, different approach.

Biggest change is that we can defend now and we're much more resilient - only game we've conceded more than one in was vs a team that will probably get promoted, and we nearly held them to one.
Accrington match thread on 22:34 - Apr 9 with 5300 viewsDaley_Lama

15: Ross Sykes

Poll: DF in or out

Accrington match thread on 22:43 - Apr 9 with 5197 viewssweetcorn

Massive 3 points. Survival is back in our hands..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Accrington match thread on 23:14 - Apr 9 with 4892 viewsandyk

Coleman not happy
Accrington match thread on 23:26 - Apr 9 with 4792 viewsfitzochris

Accrington match thread on 23:14 - Apr 9 by andyk

Coleman not happy

That thumbnail makes him look like the owner of a JCB-leasing company being interviewed about Brexit.

Accrington match thread on 23:33 - Apr 9 with 4734 viewsDorsetDale

Accrington match thread on 21:57 - Apr 9 by oddjob007

False information.

If 2 of Southend, Wimbledon, Walsall win and we lose we go back into the bottom 4

You are of course correct, I clearly didn't think that one through!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Accrington match thread on 23:42 - Apr 9 with 4678 viewsDaley_Lama

Thought Accy were decent first half, liked the look of 39 Luke Armstrong.

Couldn’t tell on their early penalty shout for handball.

Second half we came out much better and played a lot more in their half. Albi did excellent for our goal.

We then did our usual backs to the wall stuff. When not elbowing or stamping Nthle off the ball, their lanky defender (15) looked quite decent as a wing back.

Losing Key for them was a bonus for us, I reckon he would have snaffled an equaliser if on the pitch.

Thought Camps and Oli both had belting games.

Poll: DF in or out

Accrington match thread on 23:56 - Apr 9 with 4604 viewsShun

Such a pivotal win. And with the atmosphere in the ground at full-time and the way the whole squad spent quite some time celebrating with the fans it was clear that everyone recognised the significance. I don’t think we deserved to win, but on a pitch that could never be conducive to football the result was more important than the performance.

Great work by Wilbraham for the goal (I still to this day have no idea where ‘Alby’ comes from). Is he the same player we had under Hill? He’s unrecognisable! Good performances by Rathbone and Done, and their 15, Sykes, was the most petulant player I’ve seen in ages.
Accrington match thread on 01:10 - Apr 10 with 4426 viewspioneer

Accrington match thread on 21:57 - Apr 9 by oddjob007

False information.

Out of interest when was the last time two of them won on the same day? I'm not saying it wont happen....but you will get good odds if you want to put money on it.

The big difference is current form (results wise) we are on the rise with consistently good results, even with the disruption of some injuries to key players, losing an outstanding goalkeeper etc. Nothing seems to phase us at the moment. Most of the teams around us are in the midst of strings of very poor results.

It doesnt guarantee us safety, but Id rather be in our shoes then theres at the moment.

UTD
Accrington match thread on 05:39 - Apr 10 with 4289 viewsDaleiLama

Accrington match thread on 01:10 - Apr 10 by pioneer

Out of interest when was the last time two of them won on the same day? I'm not saying it wont happen....but you will get good odds if you want to put money on it.

The big difference is current form (results wise) we are on the rise with consistently good results, even with the disruption of some injuries to key players, losing an outstanding goalkeeper etc. Nothing seems to phase us at the moment. Most of the teams around us are in the midst of strings of very poor results.

It doesnt guarantee us safety, but Id rather be in our shoes then theres at the moment.

UTD

Take care of our own results - that's the key. We aren't reliant on anyone else anymore. A place in L1 is ours to lose now (even with that GD).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Accrington match thread on 07:34 - Apr 10 with 4060 viewsBoss_Hog

We just need to do all we can to survive this season and then go again in the summer. BBM has worked miracles in his shirt time as Manager but we have a woefully poor squad, that needs clearing out. We need to hope that hard work can triumph over quality over the next 4 week's.

Last night's game epitomizes effort over quality. Of all the players on the pitch last night, how many would you keep if they were all out of contract? For me it would be Lillis, McLaughlin, Ebanks-Landell, Henderson and Hamilton.
The rest could go on free transfers.

It is interesting to see people's views on the game at Accrington. People saying Rathbone had a good game, but I thought he was woeful. I appreciate that it was a difficult pitch, but I counted how many times he retained possession in the 2nd half and it was a mere 3. Every other time he lost the ball, or scored lol. A hard worker for sure, but like so many others, he lacks any quality IMO.

On to Portsmouth now, a free hit in many ways. Anything in the way of points would be fantastic, but our survival depends on upcoming home games. We need to be right behind the team, like the end of last season, hoping that allows BBM time to get the broom out over the summer ahead of another League 1 campaign.
Accrington match thread on 08:04 - Apr 10 with 3937 views1907

Accrington match thread on 07:34 - Apr 10 by Boss_Hog

We just need to do all we can to survive this season and then go again in the summer. BBM has worked miracles in his shirt time as Manager but we have a woefully poor squad, that needs clearing out. We need to hope that hard work can triumph over quality over the next 4 week's.

Last night's game epitomizes effort over quality. Of all the players on the pitch last night, how many would you keep if they were all out of contract? For me it would be Lillis, McLaughlin, Ebanks-Landell, Henderson and Hamilton.
The rest could go on free transfers.

It is interesting to see people's views on the game at Accrington. People saying Rathbone had a good game, but I thought he was woeful. I appreciate that it was a difficult pitch, but I counted how many times he retained possession in the 2nd half and it was a mere 3. Every other time he lost the ball, or scored lol. A hard worker for sure, but like so many others, he lacks any quality IMO.

On to Portsmouth now, a free hit in many ways. Anything in the way of points would be fantastic, but our survival depends on upcoming home games. We need to be right behind the team, like the end of last season, hoping that allows BBM time to get the broom out over the summer ahead of another League 1 campaign.

Rathbone woeful? Wow. Just wow.
Accrington match thread on 08:30 - Apr 10 with 3838 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Last night was not about quality, it was all about the result and we got it. There was so much at stake for both sides, it was never going to be a classic and the most dreadful referee of the season (who was so blatantly biased in Accrington`s favour) made sure it was a stop start game.

You couldn`t honestly say that any player had a great game, but at this stage it doesn`t matter, what matters is how much you want it and seeing the way we defended the last 15 minutes, every player putting his body on the line for the cause, you can`t say we didn`t want it.

There wasn`t a player on the pitch who passed the ball particularly well, but Ollie was everywhere trying to break up their attacks. Kosi deserves special mention for keeping his cool under great pressure and foul play by their 15, Eric Sykes, who was comically poor and missed a sitter at the end.

Josh Lillis pulled off a couple of great saves, McNulty dithered as usual but did most things right, eventually. Ebanks was immense yet again and held the defence together. For me Ryan McLaughlin was MOM, although his crossing was not the usual standard, he used his brain in the second half and cleared when constantly under pressure from two and sometimes three of theirs.

I thought the decision to bring on Hamilton at half time won us the match. He made a difference in the second half and his stature was useful in the middle than Keohane, who was bypassed too often in the first half.

All in all we did the job and the history books will say we won 1-0 away at Accrington Stanley and that`s all that matters to me. Well done to all the players and to BBM for galvanising players who couldn`t buy a win under Hill.(Who?)
Accrington match thread on 08:34 - Apr 10 with 3818 views100notout

Accrington match thread on 08:30 - Apr 10 by RooleyMoorBlue

Last night was not about quality, it was all about the result and we got it. There was so much at stake for both sides, it was never going to be a classic and the most dreadful referee of the season (who was so blatantly biased in Accrington`s favour) made sure it was a stop start game.

You couldn`t honestly say that any player had a great game, but at this stage it doesn`t matter, what matters is how much you want it and seeing the way we defended the last 15 minutes, every player putting his body on the line for the cause, you can`t say we didn`t want it.

There wasn`t a player on the pitch who passed the ball particularly well, but Ollie was everywhere trying to break up their attacks. Kosi deserves special mention for keeping his cool under great pressure and foul play by their 15, Eric Sykes, who was comically poor and missed a sitter at the end.

Josh Lillis pulled off a couple of great saves, McNulty dithered as usual but did most things right, eventually. Ebanks was immense yet again and held the defence together. For me Ryan McLaughlin was MOM, although his crossing was not the usual standard, he used his brain in the second half and cleared when constantly under pressure from two and sometimes three of theirs.

I thought the decision to bring on Hamilton at half time won us the match. He made a difference in the second half and his stature was useful in the middle than Keohane, who was bypassed too often in the first half.

All in all we did the job and the history books will say we won 1-0 away at Accrington Stanley and that`s all that matters to me. Well done to all the players and to BBM for galvanising players who couldn`t buy a win under Hill.(Who?)

Good summary. A scrappy game between two poor sides but you can’t fault the effort of our lads and the 3 points is all that ,matters

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Accrington match thread on 08:50 - Apr 10 with 3767 viewsColDale

I think its hard to judge anything on that pitch last night. It was dreadful and almost cost us a penalty in the opening two minutes when it bobbled up and hit McNulty (acc to Coleman the ref had his whistle in his mouth ready to blow).

Accy were their usual selves. I think they get so many things right at that club off the field, and you can see the clear direction of the club. That new stand with the bar at the back and large space was great, even if the lager was a bit iffy. Was a shame that due to further ground improvements that their pre-match marquee wasn't available.

But their team had Coleman written through them like a stick of rock. Much to be admired in punching above their weight, and harassing our players giving them little time on the ball, but we knew what would be happening., Ref surrounded time after time, every decision appealed for, jumping into players every time they contested a header and the clear plan to get our players sent off. You saw it with the Hendo throw in, and they couldn't remind the ref quick enough after Hamilton had a foul given against him following his yellow card.

Understandably, they coped with the conditions much better than we did. If there's one criticism of the BBM's very short (and excellent) reign so far is we have struggled to deal with things out of the ordinary. Both in the Oxford game and last night, it was as if we were ignoring the conditions and playing on a perfect surface.

Players wise, we had some fine performances. I thought EEL was quietly magnificent. There were few goal saving challenges or tackles from him, but he did everything right and never looked in danger of losing out. It's a big ask, but if I was BBM, he'd be top of my shopping list in the Summer though wages will no doubt be the biggest issue there.

Matty Done looked finished a month ago, and Wilbraham looked finished by about the start of September, but both are playing a massive part in our renaissance.

I think two wins will be more than enough to stay up now, even with our goal difference. There'll be about thousand ups and downs before the end of the season, similar to the Camps double penalties at Oxford last season. We'll have times where we are definitely safe and times where we are definitely down, and if we have any more spells like that five minute period following our goal last night, it's going to be a long five games.
Accrington match thread on 09:41 - Apr 10 with 3594 viewsjonahwhereru

At this level of football work rate and desire can compensate for lack of technique and vision. I didn’t travel to last nights game, but from reports on here it sounds very similar to Gillingham. Where Camps and Done where shattered with ten minutes to play because of the huge efforts they put in when, especially when note in possession.
Given the current position of most of the teams we have left to play I think that desire and commitment alone will be enough to get us to 48 / 49 points with two games left, which would be enough for it to be in our own hands going into the Southend game.
As for the future squad changes, the promotion of BBM has smashed a hole in the budget. Wherever we end up be prepared to be underwhelmed by the next round of recruitment.

We have hit our straps at exactly the right time and I just hope we are safe with a game to spare this year.

UTD
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024