Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington match thread 19:05 - Apr 9 with 22748 viewsfitzochris

Bunney to the bench and Keohane into the starting XI. Clough makes the bench.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Accrington match thread on 10:35 - Apr 10 with 2978 viewsdingdangblue

Not a bad record at Accrington.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/accrington-stanley/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Roch

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Accrington match thread on 10:57 - Apr 10 with 2875 viewsNorthernDale

Accrington match thread on 07:34 - Apr 10 by Boss_Hog

We just need to do all we can to survive this season and then go again in the summer. BBM has worked miracles in his shirt time as Manager but we have a woefully poor squad, that needs clearing out. We need to hope that hard work can triumph over quality over the next 4 week's.

Last night's game epitomizes effort over quality. Of all the players on the pitch last night, how many would you keep if they were all out of contract? For me it would be Lillis, McLaughlin, Ebanks-Landell, Henderson and Hamilton.
The rest could go on free transfers.

It is interesting to see people's views on the game at Accrington. People saying Rathbone had a good game, but I thought he was woeful. I appreciate that it was a difficult pitch, but I counted how many times he retained possession in the 2nd half and it was a mere 3. Every other time he lost the ball, or scored lol. A hard worker for sure, but like so many others, he lacks any quality IMO.

On to Portsmouth now, a free hit in many ways. Anything in the way of points would be fantastic, but our survival depends on upcoming home games. We need to be right behind the team, like the end of last season, hoping that allows BBM time to get the broom out over the summer ahead of another League 1 campaign.

I would keep most of our midfield (Rathbone, Camps, MJ Williams, Adshead, Morley), I would keep (Hendo, Done and possibly Wilbraham on short-term contract), but it is the defence that needs rebuilding, with only McLaughlin and Nlithe (who I convert into a midfielder) stopping. Josh Lillis I would also keep, besides the young kid Wade.

I would look to sign either permanent or on loan for the season Ethan Ebanks-Landell and Hamilton (who needs to stop giving away stupid fools and getting yellow cards) I would also consider Zac Clough on a season long loan.

Everyone else can go and if they are under contract like Andrews, I would give them free's or arrange for them to go out on loan for the season. They are not good enough for league 1 and in some cases for league 2.

But last night brilliant result gives us some hope of surviving and keeps Accy in the dogfight as well.
Accrington match thread on 13:01 - Apr 10 with 2628 viewspioneer

Accrington match thread on 10:57 - Apr 10 by NorthernDale

I would keep most of our midfield (Rathbone, Camps, MJ Williams, Adshead, Morley), I would keep (Hendo, Done and possibly Wilbraham on short-term contract), but it is the defence that needs rebuilding, with only McLaughlin and Nlithe (who I convert into a midfielder) stopping. Josh Lillis I would also keep, besides the young kid Wade.

I would look to sign either permanent or on loan for the season Ethan Ebanks-Landell and Hamilton (who needs to stop giving away stupid fools and getting yellow cards) I would also consider Zac Clough on a season long loan.

Everyone else can go and if they are under contract like Andrews, I would give them free's or arrange for them to go out on loan for the season. They are not good enough for league 1 and in some cases for league 2.

But last night brilliant result gives us some hope of surviving and keeps Accy in the dogfight as well.

If Andrew is under contractwe cannot ‘give’ him a free, unless we pay him off. He holds all the cards...thanks to Keith.
Accrington match thread on 13:08 - Apr 10 with 2597 viewsoddjob007

Accrington match thread on 13:01 - Apr 10 by pioneer

If Andrew is under contractwe cannot ‘give’ him a free, unless we pay him off. He holds all the cards...thanks to Keith.

From what you see and hear, it appears Calvin is good to have around the place, and he does have his uses (even in central defence.) Paying him off would be daft.
Accrington match thread on 13:54 - Apr 10 with 2509 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Accrington match thread on 23:42 - Apr 9 by Daley_Lama

Thought Accy were decent first half, liked the look of 39 Luke Armstrong.

Couldn’t tell on their early penalty shout for handball.

Second half we came out much better and played a lot more in their half. Albi did excellent for our goal.

We then did our usual backs to the wall stuff. When not elbowing or stamping Nthle off the ball, their lanky defender (15) looked quite decent as a wing back.

Losing Key for them was a bonus for us, I reckon he would have snaffled an equaliser if on the pitch.

Thought Camps and Oli both had belting games.

Loosing Kee was the key.......I once described Kee as "decent player",but the know all clique on here did n't like it.

Would love Accy to retain their L1 status along with us......we really do well against them.
Accrington match thread on 14:41 - Apr 10 with 2419 viewsfitzochris

Accrington match thread on 13:54 - Apr 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Loosing Kee was the key.......I once described Kee as "decent player",but the know all clique on here did n't like it.

Would love Accy to retain their L1 status along with us......we really do well against them.

People tend to tire of being told what they already know.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Accrington match thread on 14:49 - Apr 10 with 2407 viewssweetcorn

Accrington match thread on 13:54 - Apr 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Pretty sure that anyone who’s seen Billy Kee play knows he’s a good player..

Still can’t believe Burton had zola and kee as a strike partnership, lethal.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 14:50]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Accrington match thread on 16:15 - Apr 10 with 2220 views49thseason

Accrington match thread on 13:08 - Apr 10 by oddjob007

From what you see and hear, it appears Calvin is good to have around the place, and he does have his uses (even in central defence.) Paying him off would be daft.

Jimmy Cricket would probably be good to have around the place, and would cost less than 2 grand a week.
Login to get fewer ads

Accrington match thread on 17:07 - Apr 10 with 2118 viewsDaleiLama

Is the fella turning round just above Oliie and to his left putting a contract on him, making the slit throat gesture?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024