Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilbraham 20:52 - Apr 11 with 3839 viewsfinberty

Late to bring this up, but was both intrigued and impressed by the sight of Wilbraham, after being subbed v Sunderland, standing on the touchline urgently trying to get Bunney's positioning sorted out. He gave the impression that he really cared about the result.

What was needed was some experienced game management to hold up and run the clock down, like Davies v Charlton last season. Unfortunately the most experienced duo were no longer participating on the pitch.
Wilbraham on 21:25 - Apr 11 with 3737 viewsnordenblue

To be fair to the lad he did very similar at Accrington too,I commented on it at the time against Sunderland and good to see, he seems like a different player since Mr Hill left and he's not on his own either.
Wilbraham on 22:15 - Apr 11 with 3608 viewsD_Alien

Wilbraham on 21:25 - Apr 11 by nordenblue

To be fair to the lad he did very similar at Accrington too,I commented on it at the time against Sunderland and good to see, he seems like a different player since Mr Hill left and he's not on his own either.

tbf if he'd tried anything like that whilst Hill was still in the dugout he'd have been told to stfu

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wilbraham on 23:00 - Apr 11 with 3485 viewsscarrow

He seems to be enjoying his football again that's for sure.

Poll: Final position

Wilbraham on 10:29 - Apr 12 with 3120 viewsnordenblue

Wilbraham on 22:15 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

tbf if he'd tried anything like that whilst Hill was still in the dugout he'd have been told to stfu

Along with anyone else who dared step out of line and offer advice
[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 10:29]
Wilbraham on 10:43 - Apr 12 with 3092 viewsAncoats_Blue

Didn’t someone post on here a few weeks before Hill’s sacking to say that he was a friend of Alby and Hill and Alby had fallen out?
Wilbraham on 11:08 - Apr 12 with 3048 viewsD_Alien

In his Accy post-match interview, BBM refers to the move that led to our goal, saying it's something that'd been worked on in training. Shows imagination, and confidence in the players involved - justified confidence

We're starting to see the results of work on the training pitch, not least in some variety with free kicks, usually involving Kgosi, which have also led to goals. This is after several years when we've been scratching our heads and asking "What the hell do they practice in training?"

Still work to be done defensively, but BBM seems prepared to listen & learn. It's like the albatross has fallen from our necks - no more albydross

[Post edited 12 Apr 2019 11:14]

Wilbraham on 11:28 - Apr 12 with 2989 viewsEllDale

Makes you wonder how Perkins might have flourished under the new regime and been a real asset?
Wilbraham on 11:56 - Apr 12 with 2942 viewsnordenblue

Wilbraham on 11:28 - Apr 12 by EllDale

Makes you wonder how Perkins might have flourished under the new regime and been a real asset?

Said exactly the same thing,he was dire for us and very strange going from very good to so crap in no time,didn't quite add up
Login to get fewer ads

Wilbraham on 12:01 - Apr 12 with 2932 viewselectricblue

Is it possible that Alby may take up the position that BBM had under hill now that BBM as moved up.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Wilbraham on 12:16 - Apr 12 with 2891 viewsD_Alien

Wilbraham on 11:56 - Apr 12 by nordenblue

Said exactly the same thing,he was dire for us and very strange going from very good to so crap in no time,didn't quite add up

Only need to look at how Tranmere have flourished since his arrival, going from outside the playoffs to contenders for auto. Been ever-present, i believe, which tells you something in itself, not least about his fitness

If they go up, he'll still be an asset for them in L1. Just not for us, under Hill

Wilbraham on 12:38 - Apr 12 with 2827 viewsjudd

Wilbraham on 12:16 - Apr 12 by D_Alien

Only need to look at how Tranmere have flourished since his arrival, going from outside the playoffs to contenders for auto. Been ever-present, i believe, which tells you something in itself, not least about his fitness

If they go up, he'll still be an asset for them in L1. Just not for us, under Hill

I'm not so sure that Perkins was cut out for us, whether at league 1, or just against the opponents he faced when he was here.

I thought he got caught in possession far to easily, but look at his outlet ball at Tranmere and that has made a big difference being able to link with a pacey, goal scoring forward who has defences worried.

One thing he could not be bettered at, though, was pointing and ranting.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Wilbraham on 13:16 - Apr 12 with 2734 viewsD_Alien

Wilbraham on 12:38 - Apr 12 by judd

I'm not so sure that Perkins was cut out for us, whether at league 1, or just against the opponents he faced when he was here.

I thought he got caught in possession far to easily, but look at his outlet ball at Tranmere and that has made a big difference being able to link with a pacey, goal scoring forward who has defences worried.

One thing he could not be bettered at, though, was pointing and ranting.

The latter no doubt borne out of frustration at finding himself in a position where every defect in the setup of the team becomes magnified (no reflection on his stature)

You're right in that it was the wrong time to be here. I'll bet his pointing and ranting has since diminished (again, no reflection on his stature)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024