Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Portsmouth away 14:16 - Apr 13 with 15896 views442Dale

Ntlhe not involved. Four at the back again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 08:36 - Apr 14 with 2751 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 07:51 - Apr 14 by BaffinsBlue

Being in the away end you would not have been able to see the big screen above your heads. The random cheers were every time it flashed up that Coventry had scored at Sunderland. That was a big result for us.

As regards the game l was impressed with Rochdale despite the scoreline. You play good, attacking open football. I was worried when you got it back it back to 2-1 because of your excellent movement and passing. At the end of the day though you were too open at the back and our forwards always looked capable of scoring more. Hope you stay up,
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 7:53]

Ah right, thanks for that. I thought it might be summat like that or Southampton getting beat somewhere but I didn't know where you were getting the info from.

Our defence has been a problem all season, I wasn't expecting much from yesterday but at least was hoping to keep the score down so the already terrible GD didn't get another hammering. Should really have had a punt on Pitman to score at any time because he always fills his boots against us, I doubt the odds were great though.

From a selfish point of view, I hope you don't go up because if we stay up it's a relatively local game for me to get too and it's a great old school ground to visit. To get 18,000 and create a good atmosphere for a run of the mill (for you) league game shows your potential. You should be a Championship club at least and I think you'll get there this season, all the best.
Match thread: Portsmouth away on 09:13 - Apr 14 with 2675 viewsBaffinsBlue

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 08:36 - Apr 14 by richfoad32

Ah right, thanks for that. I thought it might be summat like that or Southampton getting beat somewhere but I didn't know where you were getting the info from.

Our defence has been a problem all season, I wasn't expecting much from yesterday but at least was hoping to keep the score down so the already terrible GD didn't get another hammering. Should really have had a punt on Pitman to score at any time because he always fills his boots against us, I doubt the odds were great though.

From a selfish point of view, I hope you don't go up because if we stay up it's a relatively local game for me to get too and it's a great old school ground to visit. To get 18,000 and create a good atmosphere for a run of the mill (for you) league game shows your potential. You should be a Championship club at least and I think you'll get there this season, all the best.

Thanks for your good wishes. You got one thing wrong though. It was not a run of the mill game. We may need to win every one of our last 6 games including yesterday's to get a top 2 spot and automatic promotion. Every game is a cup final for the rest of the season and our game at Sunderland in 2 weeks time will be like a World Cup final for us .
Match thread: Portsmouth away on 11:30 - Apr 14 with 2465 viewsShun

This was always going to be the toughest fixture we had left and there is no shame whatsoever in being beaten at Fratton Park. I think (hope!) Charlton will have their playoff place well secured by the time we play them so hopefully they’ll rest a few of their better players, meaning that every game we play now is someone around our periphery.

Southend (1 point from the last 6 games) and Wycombe (3 points from the last 6 games) are both in the bottom 4 of the form table and Brovers aren’t much better off. We have a full squad list to select from (with the only absentees being a couple of anonymous loanees), and regular players such as Rathbone, Wilbraham and McLaughlin are well in form. We can bloody do this!
Match thread: Portsmouth away on 12:08 - Apr 14 with 2386 views442Dale

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 11:30 - Apr 14 by Shun

This was always going to be the toughest fixture we had left and there is no shame whatsoever in being beaten at Fratton Park. I think (hope!) Charlton will have their playoff place well secured by the time we play them so hopefully they’ll rest a few of their better players, meaning that every game we play now is someone around our periphery.

Southend (1 point from the last 6 games) and Wycombe (3 points from the last 6 games) are both in the bottom 4 of the form table and Brovers aren’t much better off. We have a full squad list to select from (with the only absentees being a couple of anonymous loanees), and regular players such as Rathbone, Wilbraham and McLaughlin are well in form. We can bloody do this!

Charlton have the play-offs sorted, the issue is they could have a chance of going straight up.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 12:46 - Apr 14 with 2300 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 12:08 - Apr 14 by 442Dale

Charlton have the play-offs sorted, the issue is they could have a chance of going straight up.

Also surely Charlton will want to keep the momentum up if they are going into playoff matches after playing Dale.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 12:54 - Apr 14 with 2281 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 12:46 - Apr 14 by James1980

Also surely Charlton will want to keep the momentum up if they are going into playoff matches after playing Dale.

By the time we play Charlton on 4th May much of the final positions will have been determined....(hopefully, we might be safe).....they might have been pipped for Automatic Promo and will rest any players carrying the slightest knock in anticipation of a trip to Wemberlee.
Match thread: Portsmouth away on 16:25 - Apr 14 with 2033 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 12:54 - Apr 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

By the time we play Charlton on 4th May much of the final positions will have been determined....(hopefully, we might be safe).....they might have been pipped for Automatic Promo and will rest any players carrying the slightest knock in anticipation of a trip to Wemberlee.

Agree they would rest players in preparation for playoff matches. They won't want to go into those games on the back of a poor result/performance. Therefore agree that we really need to be safe by 5pm on the 27th April.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 07:42 - Apr 15 with 1650 viewsEllDale

I'd have settled for having this league position at this stage of the season when BBM took over to be honest.
The Sunderland and Portsmouth fixtures were always hanging over us and it's just nice to get them out of the way.
Going back to the Joe Bunney situation; wherever we are playing next season we need a left back. Not Joe, not Matty Done, not any other converted midfielder/forward.
Bunney can't play as a conventional left back.
We could still have played 3-5-2 on Saturday despite the absence of Nthle because MJ Williams was available as was Delaney. As an aside, I thought that the Irish lads would have flourished under BBM but he doesn't start any of Delaney, Dooley, Holden or Keohane.
It's interesting to wonder where we might be if we'd kept Sam Hart.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 11:39 - Apr 15 with 1496 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 07:42 - Apr 15 by EllDale

I'd have settled for having this league position at this stage of the season when BBM took over to be honest.
The Sunderland and Portsmouth fixtures were always hanging over us and it's just nice to get them out of the way.
Going back to the Joe Bunney situation; wherever we are playing next season we need a left back. Not Joe, not Matty Done, not any other converted midfielder/forward.
Bunney can't play as a conventional left back.
We could still have played 3-5-2 on Saturday despite the absence of Nthle because MJ Williams was available as was Delaney. As an aside, I thought that the Irish lads would have flourished under BBM but he doesn't start any of Delaney, Dooley, Holden or Keohane.
It's interesting to wonder where we might be if we'd kept Sam Hart.

If we'd kept Sam Hart, we'd have had the best fullback pairing for several years, probably stretching back to when Kennedy/Wiseman were at their best

Hart seemed to be another victim of Hill's very sad collapse in man-management

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 11:53 - Apr 15 with 1478 viewsDareToCalvin

Match thread: Portsmouth away on 16:25 - Apr 14 by James1980

Agree they would rest players in preparation for playoff matches. They won't want to go into those games on the back of a poor result/performance. Therefore agree that we really need to be safe by 5pm on the 27th April.

2 wins and I think we're safe. Filled in a league 1 table predictor and gave us losses against Bristol and Charlton and wins against Wycombe and Southend. Then, even if pretty much all the future results don't go our way with the other teams, 51 points is still enough to stay up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024