Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back in bottom 4 15:27 - Apr 19 with 12994 viewsDale23years

Look nervous, not playing well at all

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Back in bottom 4 on 09:34 - Apr 20 with 2506 viewsaleanddale

Back in bottom 4 on 22:14 - Apr 19 by Creepy

Can't remember a day before when I looked at a set of fixtures in the morning and by the evening every result in the division had gone exactly how I would have wanted. Just need Luton to finish it nicely tomorrow.

Agreed Creepy yesterdays set of league 1 results really could not have gone any better.

Up the Dale.

Big Jim was simply magnificent yesterday!

Akenfenwa is a top player at this level - how I have no idea but he caused us all sorts of problems yesterday.

Onto Bristol now One more win should be enough or in true Dale style 3 draws
Back in bottom 4 on 11:24 - Apr 20 with 2349 viewsD_Alien

Back in bottom 4 on 09:34 - Apr 20 by aleanddale

Agreed Creepy yesterdays set of league 1 results really could not have gone any better.

Up the Dale.

Big Jim was simply magnificent yesterday!

Akenfenwa is a top player at this level - how I have no idea but he caused us all sorts of problems yesterday.

Onto Bristol now One more win should be enough or in true Dale style 3 draws

Agree about Akinfenwa. It's easy to ridicule him but yesterday EEL & Big Jim had a right battle on their hands. On a difficult surface, his first touch and distribution were outstanding. Battling on with a crocked knee shows how much influence he can exert

EEL & Big Jim just about contained him, and what was even more pleasing, they seemed to enjoy it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Back in bottom 4 on 12:12 - Apr 20 with 2275 viewsfrenzied

Back in bottom 4 on 11:24 - Apr 20 by D_Alien

Agree about Akinfenwa. It's easy to ridicule him but yesterday EEL & Big Jim had a right battle on their hands. On a difficult surface, his first touch and distribution were outstanding. Battling on with a crocked knee shows how much influence he can exert

EEL & Big Jim just about contained him, and what was even more pleasing, they seemed to enjoy it

couldn't agree more.

I like the big fella..has great awareness of whats going on around him..some very subtle lay

offs..i enjoy watching players who don't look like footy players..even Messi wouldn't give you confidence he can play just by his small stature..Modric is another ..oh to see a front two of Messi And Akinfenwa !!!!!!!!!
Back in bottom 4 on 12:23 - Apr 20 with 2253 viewsSuddenLad

Back in bottom 4 on 12:12 - Apr 20 by frenzied

couldn't agree more.

I like the big fella..has great awareness of whats going on around him..some very subtle lay

offs..i enjoy watching players who don't look like footy players..even Messi wouldn't give you confidence he can play just by his small stature..Modric is another ..oh to see a front two of Messi And Akinfenwa !!!!!!!!!

Akinfenwa IS a front two. He has his weight in stones on his shirt. 😂

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Back in bottom 4 on 12:35 - Apr 20 with 2232 viewsD_Alien

Back in bottom 4 on 12:23 - Apr 20 by SuddenLad

Akinfenwa IS a front two. He has his weight in stones on his shirt. 😂

Shirt? SHIRT? That ain't no shirt, it's been stitched together from a discarded hot air balloon

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Back in bottom 4 on 09:38 - Apr 23 with 1691 viewsDaleiLama

Few quick posthumous reflections on this game ……. to the 442 Wycombe fans who made the trip, most of whom clapped Hendo off even after scoring against them (probably glad to see the back of him in truth).

Akinfenwa is a massive handful in more ways than one but such a seasoned pro. Uses his body and position so well to outwit his opponent, just like Hendo and Calvin and often gets the first nudge in so is first to a 50:50 ball. How such a big man can have such a positive impact still mystifies me somewhat. I always thought this was lacking in Alby's game, but we are starting to see some of that from him now too and not a moment too late.

Final thought - like the Sunderland game when we deserved more than a defeat, Wycombe deserved more than a defeat from that too. That's football though and we've been on the wrong end of too many of those this season and last, so nice to be on the right end for a change.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Back in bottom 4 on 10:16 - Apr 23 with 1605 viewsdingdangblue

Back in bottom 4 on 09:38 - Apr 23 by DaleiLama

Few quick posthumous reflections on this game ……. to the 442 Wycombe fans who made the trip, most of whom clapped Hendo off even after scoring against them (probably glad to see the back of him in truth).

Akinfenwa is a massive handful in more ways than one but such a seasoned pro. Uses his body and position so well to outwit his opponent, just like Hendo and Calvin and often gets the first nudge in so is first to a 50:50 ball. How such a big man can have such a positive impact still mystifies me somewhat. I always thought this was lacking in Alby's game, but we are starting to see some of that from him now too and not a moment too late.

Final thought - like the Sunderland game when we deserved more than a defeat, Wycombe deserved more than a defeat from that too. That's football though and we've been on the wrong end of too many of those this season and last, so nice to be on the right end for a change.

This is great from Gareth Ainsworth after our game.
So positive they will get the points to keep them up and that they would win yesterday. They did.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Back in bottom 4 on 10:31 - Apr 23 with 1563 viewsnordenblue

Back in bottom 4 on 10:16 - Apr 23 by dingdangblue

This is great from Gareth Ainsworth after our game.
So positive they will get the points to keep them up and that they would win yesterday. They did.

Great positive interview and i quite like the bloke,but he was watching a different game to me if he honestly thought they deserved to win 3 or 4-1
Login to get fewer ads

Back in bottom 4 on 10:49 - Apr 23 with 1530 viewsfitzochris

Back in bottom 4 on 10:31 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

Great positive interview and i quite like the bloke,but he was watching a different game to me if he honestly thought they deserved to win 3 or 4-1

They didn’t deserve to win by that margin for sure, but we certainly got away with a few. Lillis blocking Akinfenwa’s shot with his leg, and McNulty clearing a goal bound effort, are just two that spring to mind.

As I said on the Bristol thread, we didn’t wow the crowd with our display on Friday (which I attended), or yesterday (which I saw on iFollow), but we hung in there and grabbed our chance when it came.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Back in bottom 4 on 10:52 - Apr 23 with 1513 viewsDaleiLama

Back in bottom 4 on 10:31 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

Would agree with all of that. They would have won on points if it was boxing (thank God the game wasn't on Wednesday?) but they didn't batter us either. Barnsley did. The gulf between Barnsley and Wycombe was wide.

That said, the players gave everything and their "visiting dignitaries" all shook our hands as we left and accepted defeat graciously. I said we didn't really deserve all three points but good luck to them for staying up. There was a lot to like about a lot of what they did as a club.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Back in bottom 4 on 14:22 - Apr 23 with 1340 viewsaleanddale

Can the OP change the thread title to "Up to 14th"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024