Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National League North Update 08:08 - Apr 21 with 3320 viewsBartRowou

1. Chorley beat Stockport 2-0 in yesterday's top of the table clash to go two points clear.
2. Bradford (Park Avenue) must be the only team with punctuation in their name AND....
3. If they get through the play-offs, they would only be one division away from Bradford (City).
4. Looks like relegation to the Northern Prem for FCUM.
5. Plenty of former league teams in the table below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league-north/table

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

National League North Update on 10:16 - Apr 21 with 3170 viewsmikehunt

I used to despise FCUM as much as their big brothers but,after visiting them in the pre-season game, they have risen a peg or two in my estimation. There was a really nice buzz about the place and none of the arrogance I had expected. Got talking with a few people whom I would normally shy away from and their tales of visits to far flung non-league outposts in various cup competitions really showed what a dedicated and knowledgeable bunch they were. Ok, the "Glory Days" banners dotted about the ground are a bit sad but it didn't mask what appeared to be a well run little club.
Don't know what has caused this downturn in their steady rise. Is it the Salford effect, I wonder?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

National League North Update on 18:58 - Apr 22 with 2851 viewsBartRowou

Stockport won and are now in the driving seat as Chorley lost.
FCUM relegated.
B(PA) still in poffs.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

National League North Update on 21:01 - Apr 22 with 2638 viewsD_Dale

National League North Update on 18:58 - Apr 22 by BartRowou

Stockport won and are now in the driving seat as Chorley lost.
FCUM relegated.
B(PA) still in poffs.

I'd not mind Stockport, and their fans (they seem to have 4-5000 regular supporters), taking another step towards League status, though some Daleys would disagree. Similarly, if we avoid relegation (!), I'd not be disappointed at bury getting promotion (rather than MKD).

Sobering that so many sides who, not all that many decades ago, played Dale (York, Chester, Darlo etc.) are now three tiers below.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024