Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread 14:43 - Apr 22 with 20298 views100notout

https://twitter.com/officiallydale?lang=en

A few changes

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match Thread on 19:01 - Apr 22 with 3458 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread on 18:31 - Apr 22 by judd

Does anyone remember the headline "Premature Jock elation " ?

Apologies for the pessimism but that could be us.

That's definitely me from north o' t' border

I've soiled my Tam'o'Shanter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread on 19:24 - Apr 22 with 3287 viewsSandyman

Highlights

https://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-r-vs-rochdale/report/393613

Match Thread on 19:52 - Apr 22 with 3150 viewsBartRowou

Match Thread on 19:24 - Apr 22 by Sandyman

Highlights

Glad that's the end of that kit; not one for the ages.

Does anyone know the exact ruling re the back pass rule in the Lillis second-half incident (the one where he miskicks the back pass and runs back to stop the corner with his hands)? Was it given as an indirect free-kick?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match Thread on 19:56 - Apr 22 with 3116 viewsSaxonDale

Match Thread on 19:52 - Apr 22 by BartRowou

Does anyone know the exact ruling re the back pass rule in the Lillis second-half incident (the one where he miskicks the back pass and runs back to stop the corner with his hands)? Was it given as an indirect free-kick?

No free-kick was given, don’t know why though.
Match Thread on 20:10 - Apr 22 with 3012 viewsBlueDales

By the letter of the law, I'd assume it would be considered that Lillis took a poor first touch and then picked up the ball. I suppose it's a backpass?
Match Thread on 20:21 - Apr 22 with 2946 viewsBartRowou

Match Thread on 20:10 - Apr 22 by BlueDales

By the letter of the law, I'd assume it would be considered that Lillis took a poor first touch and then picked up the ball. I suppose it's a backpass?

At least it cancels out the dubious one given at the end of the Wimbledon match (further proof that we don't need VAR).

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Match Thread on 20:33 - Apr 22 with 2861 viewsD_Dale

Match Thread on 19:24 - Apr 22 by Sandyman

Highlights

Thanks for posting those. If Josh's kicking had been exploited by the Rovers' players, the knives would have been out for him (though he shouldn't have been put under pressure by the back passes). I think we did get away with the ref not awarding a free kick.

Still, that's Lillis's third clean sheet in his last four matches. It's tempting to look forward on which players' contracts will get renewed - but maybe not until L1 survival is 100% sure.
Match Thread on 22:20 - Apr 22 with 2562 viewsDaley_Lama

Fantastic win.

First 30 minutes was like a training match, Brizzle didn’t press our back line at all. I think they went out there thinking a point put them safe.

Last 15 was more what I expected as they stopped our defence passing it to and fro, created a couple of sniffs and the home crowd went from asleep to interested.

I fully expected the second half to be a backs to the wall effort as they kicked towards the noisy end. As it was, all they seemed to do was kick it beyond their man for throw in after throw in. They really had no rhythm to their game at all.

Crowd never got into it, aside from the back pass incident which by the letter of the law should have been an indirect FC in my opinion.

Goal came at a great time and we coped easily with anything they could throw at us. Throw is too strong a word really, they barely tickled us.

Albi was up for this one and was excellent at winning free kicks when going up for challenges to give us free-kicks up front.

Keohane my man of the match, especially the last 8 + 4 mins where he broke up their play time and again down their left.

Good touch from players giving their shirts to fans at the end, saw a couple of buzzing kids.

£18 to watch an away match? Well done Brizzle!

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread on 22:21 - Apr 22 with 2562 viewsoddjob007

Match Thread on 20:33 - Apr 22 by D_Dale

Thanks for posting those. If Josh's kicking had been exploited by the Rovers' players, the knives would have been out for him (though he shouldn't have been put under pressure by the back passes). I think we did get away with the ref not awarding a free kick.

Still, that's Lillis's third clean sheet in his last four matches. It's tempting to look forward on which players' contracts will get renewed - but maybe not until L1 survival is 100% sure.

Lillie got away with a couple today - but we still look so weak down our left side!
Match Thread on 22:50 - Apr 22 with 2436 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match Thread on 22:21 - Apr 22 by oddjob007

Lillie got away with a couple today - but we still look so weak down our left side!

Who was it on the bench that took his shirt off to celebrate- normally I would moan but tonight, carry on fella!!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match Thread on 23:06 - Apr 22 with 2384 viewsShun

A keeper is allowed to pick up a back-pass if they take a touch with their feet (or head, or chest, etc.) first, as Lillis did. Correct decision not to award a free kick. At least that’s always been my understanding of the rule!
Match Thread on 23:07 - Apr 22 with 2375 viewsDaley_Lama

Match Thread on 22:50 - Apr 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

Who was it on the bench that took his shirt off to celebrate- normally I would moan but tonight, carry on fella!!!!!

Rathbone I think, he gave his shirt to a little one once he knew he wasn’t coming on.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread on 23:10 - Apr 22 with 2365 viewsjudd

Match Thread on 22:50 - Apr 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

Looks like Rathbone to me

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread on 23:27 - Apr 22 with 2316 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match Thread on 23:10 - Apr 22 by judd

I love that. Passion back. Players now care again. Guess what. I do now!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match Thread on 23:30 - Apr 22 with 2305 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match Thread on 18:07 - Apr 22 by kiwidale

Thanks for doing your analysis Thacks have you given any thought to what the cut off for safety will be? Im still going for 49/50 points.

I think 49 on goal difference bud but I prefer 51 with a lousy gd 👍👍👍

Match Thread on 00:26 - Apr 23 with 2159 viewsdale4ever

Match Thread on 23:10 - Apr 22 by judd

He was preparing to come on just as we scored. Once we scored we brought Andrew instead on to protect the lead.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 0:26]
Match Thread on 00:27 - Apr 23 with 2150 viewskiwidale

Match Thread on 23:30 - Apr 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

I think 49 on goal difference bud but I prefer 51 with a lousy gd 👍👍👍

we needed the 51 because of GD but some one will survive on 50 points and possibly 49.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread on 13:24 - Apr 23 with 1602 viewswimborne_dale

Match Thread on 22:20 - Apr 22 by Daley_Lama

Fantastic win.

First 30 minutes was like a training match, Brizzle didn’t press our back line at all. I think they went out there thinking a point put them safe.

Last 15 was more what I expected as they stopped our defence passing it to and fro, created a couple of sniffs and the home crowd went from asleep to interested.

I fully expected the second half to be a backs to the wall effort as they kicked towards the noisy end. As it was, all they seemed to do was kick it beyond their man for throw in after throw in. They really had no rhythm to their game at all.

Crowd never got into it, aside from the back pass incident which by the letter of the law should have been an indirect FC in my opinion.

Goal came at a great time and we coped easily with anything they could throw at us. Throw is too strong a word really, they barely tickled us.

Albi was up for this one and was excellent at winning free kicks when going up for challenges to give us free-kicks up front.

Keohane my man of the match, especially the last 8 + 4 mins where he broke up their play time and again down their left.

Good touch from players giving their shirts to fans at the end, saw a couple of buzzing kids.

£18 to watch an away match? Well done Brizzle!

If I had a shirt like that, I'd be keen to get rid of it too. :)

Edgar Allan's Crow

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024