Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St.Georges Day 12:44 - Apr 23 with 3559 viewsDiddyDave

With all the hoo hah about Dale`s almost certain great escape,I hope you Daleys haven`t forgotten that today,23rd April,is St.Georges Day,a day we always celebrated back in the day. Maybe not so much these days,but a date that says we`re English and it needs to be remembered. If it`s good enough for the Taffies,Micks and Jocks to celebrate there Saints days,it`s good enough for us to still remember ours.
St.Georges Day on 13:07 - Apr 23 with 3515 viewswimborne_dale

In Broadstone, Dorset, there are St George's flags flying all down the main street, both sides.

Edgar Allan's Crow

St.Georges Day on 13:10 - Apr 23 with 3501 viewsrochdale_ranger

Only shitty little countries go mad for their patron saint days.
St.Georges Day on 13:41 - Apr 23 with 3431 viewsrod_leach

I don't remember people going that mad for it back in the day, and I'm mid fifties now. How far back are we going?
St.Georges Day on 14:34 - Apr 23 with 3349 viewseitoof

St.Georges Day on 13:10 - Apr 23 by rochdale_ranger

Only shitty little countries go mad for their patron saint days.

What? Like the country of BBM? F**k off....
St.Georges Day on 18:54 - Apr 23 with 3109 viewsJimmyRustler

It's sad that as a nation, we celebrate Paddy's day more than our "own".

It's even sadder that this is because the latter is just a glorified pissup
St.Georges Day on 19:00 - Apr 23 with 3081 viewsrochdale_ranger

St.Georges Day on 14:34 - Apr 23 by eitoof

What? Like the country of BBM? F**k off....

Do you put an Irish accent on after you’ve had a few?
St.Georges Day on 19:03 - Apr 23 with 3079 viewssampadale

Sporting my Lancashire red rose badge anyway, and busy making bangers and mash followed by a rice pudding with a strawberry SG cross and washed down with very nice beer.

Catholics get to celebrate all over again next week as SG is moved because of Easter!
St.Georges Day on 19:03 - Apr 23 with 3075 viewsJames1980

Is the issue the PERCEPTION is, St George's day has been hijacked.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

St.Georges Day on 19:10 - Apr 23 with 3065 viewssampadale

St.Georges Day on 19:03 - Apr 23 by James1980

Just ignore them. If we didn't have the painters in we'd have our remain bunting jostling with a red rose in the front window.
St.Georges Day on 19:59 - Apr 23 with 2969 viewsrochdale_ranger

St.Georges Day on 19:03 - Apr 23 by James1980

Hijacked by who?
St.Georges Day on 21:00 - Apr 23 with 2879 viewsBigDaveMyCock

St.Georges Day on 19:59 - Apr 23 by rochdale_ranger

Hijacked by who?

Shed Seven.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

St.Georges Day on 21:13 - Apr 23 with 2836 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I was living in spalding in Lincolnshire about 7 years ago and my local had flags up everywhere and the local council asked for them to take them down immediately as it was offending the large amount of Eastern Europe people in the area.

They did not and ended up being harassed for months.

Ironically they never did anything about the Portuguese owned European bar that had a sign on the door for 4 years saying “no English”

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

St.Georges Day on 21:34 - Apr 23 with 2781 viewsDiddyDave

St.Georges Day on 13:41 - Apr 23 by rod_leach

I don't remember people going that mad for it back in the day, and I'm mid fifties now. How far back are we going?

Well,I was in the 1st Rochdale Cubs/Scouts late fifties,early sixties and can clearly remember joining other Scouts groups,Church Lads Brigades,Girl Guides/Brownies and a whole lot more juvenile organisations marching through town on the nearest Sunday to 23rd,April. Surely there must be many more on here who can recall that.
St.Georges Day on 07:28 - Apr 24 with 2652 viewsrod_leach

St.Georges Day on 21:34 - Apr 23 by DiddyDave

Well,I was in the 1st Rochdale Cubs/Scouts late fifties,early sixties and can clearly remember joining other Scouts groups,Church Lads Brigades,Girl Guides/Brownies and a whole lot more juvenile organisations marching through town on the nearest Sunday to 23rd,April. Surely there must be many more on here who can recall that.

So did I! That still happens, though, so no change from then
St.Georges Day on 09:10 - Apr 24 with 2587 viewsdingdangblue

St.Georges Day on 21:34 - Apr 23 by DiddyDave

My kids are doing their Scouts/Cubs St George's day parade through Heywood this Sunday. Sadly Ive heard it could be the last one as Rochdale Council are threatening to stop funding the road closure after this years celebration.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

St.Georges Day on 09:24 - Apr 24 with 2558 viewseitoof

St.Georges Day on 19:00 - Apr 23 by rochdale_ranger

Do you put an Irish accent on after you’ve had a few?

Don't have to "put on" an Irish accent you clown.
St.Georges Day on 12:30 - Apr 24 with 2436 viewsupthedale

St.Georges Day on 09:10 - Apr 24 by dingdangblue

My kids are doing their Scouts/Cubs St George's day parade through Heywood this Sunday. Sadly Ive heard it could be the last one as Rochdale Council are threatening to stop funding the road closure after this years celebration.

From a selfish point of view, what time is this please? Not seen any road closure signs as of yet (they're usually quite good at putting them up too) but I will be driving through Heywood on Sunday.
St.Georges Day on 13:41 - Apr 24 with 2369 viewsdingdangblue

St.Georges Day on 12:30 - Apr 24 by upthedale

From a selfish point of view, what time is this please? Not seen any road closure signs as of yet (they're usually quite good at putting them up too) but I will be driving through Heywood on Sunday.

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/127228/celebrati

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024