Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? 21:41 - Apr 23 with 5161 viewssmaclad1

What they say and what they mean -

The Club says "We’re encouraging supporters to dig out their retro shirts and wear them to the Crown Oil Arena for our final home game of the season".

The Club says "it would be great to see as many fans as possible, both young and old, wearing a retro shirt on the day."

The Club means "That's all a load of bollox if you are a supporters group on a sponsorship package".

"As many fans as possible" obviously doesn't include the members and friends of SMAC who are matchball sponsoring on Saturday and, while several are keen to give their old shirts an airing, they have been told in no uncertain terms that they have to adhere to the strict Main Lounge dress code despite the club's call to ALL supporters to pull an old shirt over their now expanded guts.

As was made clear towards the end of last season the Club distinguishes between sponsors (people to be lauded and feted, and to be cosseted away from the supporters) and the great unwashed (ie the supporters). By allowing supporters to engage in a sponsorship activity it is obvious they have to toe the line and not present themselves in a manner that might cause upset to the prawn sandwich eaters and those of a nervous disposition.

After last seasons events and the intended misappropriation of the SMAC Player of the Season Award there were several SMAC members who were minded to knock it all on the head. This ain't gonna improve things and might prove a tipping point for some. Our event co-ordinator has called on the Club to reconsider - after all, it isn't going to hurt for one match to drop the dress code which, after all, would accord with the club's call for as many supporters as possible to wear a retro shirt.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2019 21:44]
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:49 - Apr 23 with 1839 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:39 - Apr 23 by judd

All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.

But are you a napoleon or a boxer my Judd 😂😂😂

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:54 - Apr 23 with 1817 viewsrochdale_ranger

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:46 - Apr 23 by D_Alien

Before you embarrass yourself any further with clichés, some of the classiest (and wealthiest) people I've ever met used to frequent Sankeys

And I’m sure all of them will admit that it’s a dive, I’m far from wealthy (or classy for that matter) it was a jokey comment hence the wink. Anyway you carry on parroting a bloke who has made you look a d1ck on here time and time again. Nit pickers corner indeed. Kiwi has summed it up perfectly with regards to the original issue.
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:55 - Apr 23 with 1814 viewsjudd

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:49 - Apr 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

But are you a napoleon or a boxer my Judd 😂😂😂

Wrong book for me Thacks. I was thinking 1984. Except in the main stand lounge.

Snort!!!

Was there a dress code at the last home game? I've seen video evidence to the contrary, I think.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:59 - Apr 23 with 1793 viewsD_Alien

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:54 - Apr 23 by rochdale_ranger

And I’m sure all of them will admit that it’s a dive, I’m far from wealthy (or classy for that matter) it was a jokey comment hence the wink. Anyway you carry on parroting a bloke who has made you look a d1ck on here time and time again. Nit pickers corner indeed. Kiwi has summed it up perfectly with regards to the original issue.

I've just made you look a dick

There's nothing you can say to change that, although parrotting might help you sound more interesting

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 23:42 - Apr 23 with 1696 viewsShun

Can’t tell if serious.
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 03:14 - Apr 24 with 1643 viewsSandyman

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:55 - Apr 23 by judd

Wrong book for me Thacks. I was thinking 1984. Except in the main stand lounge.

Snort!!!

Was there a dress code at the last home game? I've seen video evidence to the contrary, I think.

This video from t'Official Facebook page shows that "strict dress code" isn't always applicable, especially when the Matchball sponsor is on a stag do!!

Surely this matter can be sorted for just one day?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2019 3:18]
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 06:21 - Apr 24 with 1591 viewssmaclad1

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 22:22 - Apr 23 by rochdale_ranger

If you want all the hooha that goes with going in the main lounge then you adhere to the dress code. It’s simple really. I wouldn’t try and get into a nightclub or an upmarket restaurant wearing trainers.

It's not hooha about getting into the lounge, it's a club sponsorship package that a supporters group take up once a season. Personally not bothered about the lounge, the main stand whatever - matchball sponsorship is one of the things SMAC does.

Over the years very few football shirts have been worn by SMAC attendees at matchball sponsorship, but the clubs announcement this year raised an expectation and several attendees are keen to get involved. It won't hurt to relax the 'strict dress code' for one game.

By the way, didn't recognise which kit featured in Sandyman's post - could anyone help on that one? Ta.
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 07:01 - Apr 24 with 1556 viewswindowsbug

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 06:21 - Apr 24 by smaclad1

It's not hooha about getting into the lounge, it's a club sponsorship package that a supporters group take up once a season. Personally not bothered about the lounge, the main stand whatever - matchball sponsorship is one of the things SMAC does.

Over the years very few football shirts have been worn by SMAC attendees at matchball sponsorship, but the clubs announcement this year raised an expectation and several attendees are keen to get involved. It won't hurt to relax the 'strict dress code' for one game.

By the way, didn't recognise which kit featured in Sandyman's post - could anyone help on that one? Ta.

Just wear a retro Dale shirt under your formal shirt.
Get into the lounge and take off the formal shirt.
Are they going to ask you all to leave?
Login to get fewer ads

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 07:26 - Apr 24 with 1534 viewsrod_leach

What's SMAC?
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 08:02 - Apr 24 with 1499 viewsjudd

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 07:26 - Apr 24 by rod_leach

What's SMAC?

Shirt Mad Anti Climax

South Manchester & Cheshire Supporters club

Poll: What is it to be then?

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 08:15 - Apr 24 with 1475 viewsfitzochris

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 07:26 - Apr 24 by rod_leach

What's SMAC?

Irvine Welsh wrote a half-decent book about it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 18:58 - Apr 24 with 1272 viewsDale_Trust

All sorted, retro shirts given thumbs up for Saturday
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 20:28 - Apr 24 with 1172 viewskiwidale

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 18:58 - Apr 24 by Dale_Trust

was it ever a problem?

This is not the time for bickering.

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:37 - Apr 24 with 1078 viewssmaclad1

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 18:58 - Apr 24 by Dale_Trust

Thanks to the Trust and a victory for quiet diplomacy from SMAC and the Trust and a diatribe from the smaclad! Probably didn't want to read more sh*te from me!

Seen the very nice email from Mr Bottomley. Always said he was a good 'un.
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:45 - Apr 24 with 1068 viewsrochdale_ranger

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:37 - Apr 24 by smaclad1

Thanks to the Trust and a victory for quiet diplomacy from SMAC and the Trust and a diatribe from the smaclad! Probably didn't want to read more sh*te from me!

Well done mate I’m proud of you.
Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:53 - Apr 24 with 1059 viewskiwidale

Retro Shirts Day - Sham? on 21:37 - Apr 24 by smaclad1

Its good that its been sorted the club needs all the goodwill it can get, pockets of fans like SMAC are important I wish there was something like that here in Auckland or NZ wide. It could happen if I someone has a mind to organise it. There are several Dale fans on here and others I meet in my wanderings plus the Aussie dale fans so its not out of the question. Anyway what has been highlighted on this thread is the lingering dislike and distrust of the new board, one man in particular coming in for what can only be described as vitriol which I personally find distasteful. Just my opinion you will have yours.

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024