Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer 15:04 - Apr 28 with 5485 views1907

Am I right in thinking he only needs 10 goals now to beat Reg?
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 16:00 - Apr 28 with 5400 viewsseasidedale

Not quite, I think Reg got 119 league goals so Hendo needs 13 to beat it, I think Reg got 128 in total but not sure about that but it’s somewhere in the late 120’s
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 16:14 - Apr 28 with 5347 viewsTVOS1907

Current state of play:

Jenkins: 129 (119 league, 5 FAC, 5 LC)
Whitehurst: 124 (117 league, 7 FAC)
Henderson: 110 (97 league, 10 FAC, 1 EFLC, 2 EFLT)

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 16:57 - Apr 28 with 5237 viewshammerdale

There aren't many who have scored 50 yet alone100+
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 17:06 - Apr 28 with 5206 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 16:57 - Apr 28 by hammerdale

There aren't many who have scored 50 yet alone100+

129 Reg Jenkins
124 Albert Whitehurst
110 Ian Henderson
92 Steve Whitehall
80 Gary Jones
74 Billy Bertram
73 Ronnie Cairns
65 Jimmy Wynn
60 Chris Dagnall
56 Frank Lord & Steve Taylor
55 George Morton
50 Bobby Hughes

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 17:22 - Apr 28 with 5156 viewsSheffdale

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 17:06 - Apr 28 by TVOS1907

129 Reg Jenkins
124 Albert Whitehurst
110 Ian Henderson
92 Steve Whitehall
80 Gary Jones
74 Billy Bertram
73 Ronnie Cairns
65 Jimmy Wynn
60 Chris Dagnall
55 George Morton
50 Bobby Hughes

So another season like this one then we could have Hendo at the top of the leaderboard. Albert Whitehurst's 124 certainly within sight. Keep him here and fit BBM!
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 14:54 - Apr 29 with 4782 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo has scored some magical goals for us down the years but these last 2 home games prove what he is worth to us - he's priceless.
2 winning goals, rebound's off the keeper, both less than 5 yards out - scruffy as you like but the best goals ever for us. Where would we be without him? (no need to answer that).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 15:44 - Apr 29 with 4677 viewssweetcorn

Hopefully he scores enough and cements his place as the GOAT

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 15:56 - Apr 29 with 4647 viewsFrog

I remember Stevie Whitehall being a cracking little goal scorer but didn't think he got so close to a century!
Login to get fewer ads

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 16:04 - Apr 29 with 4630 viewsSheffdale

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 14:54 - Apr 29 by dingdangblue

Hendo has scored some magical goals for us down the years but these last 2 home games prove what he is worth to us - he's priceless.
2 winning goals, rebound's off the keeper, both less than 5 yards out - scruffy as you like but the best goals ever for us. Where would we be without him? (no need to answer that).

I think one of those hot spot things would be great to show where Hendo has bagged them all from. I reckon he's scoring more goals from 10 yards or less these days than the spectacular ones of the past (e.g. never to be forgotten one v Leeds in the Cup). Can we have one TVOS? With hyperlinks to every goal please...
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 17:13 - Apr 29 with 4543 viewsreggie_rocket

Amazed to see how many Ronnie Cairns got. Usually remembered by my generation for the number of 'sitters' he missed.
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 18:02 - Apr 29 with 4453 viewsscarrow

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 16:04 - Apr 29 by Sheffdale

I think one of those hot spot things would be great to show where Hendo has bagged them all from. I reckon he's scoring more goals from 10 yards or less these days than the spectacular ones of the past (e.g. never to be forgotten one v Leeds in the Cup). Can we have one TVOS? With hyperlinks to every goal please...

The last few have been excellent poacher goals that’s why he should NEVER be played in midfield!!!!

Poll: Final position

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 19:58 - Apr 29 with 4346 viewshammerdale

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 17:13 - Apr 29 by reggie_rocket

Amazed to see how many Ronnie Cairns got. Usually remembered by my generation for the number of 'sitters' he missed.

George Morton was terribly underrated and released on a free transfer.
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 22:15 - Apr 29 with 4208 views49thseason

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 19:58 - Apr 29 by hammerdale

George Morton was terribly underrated and released on a free transfer.

I was disgusted as a kid when I discovered Morton had gone to New Brighton, he could conjure a goal from fresh air. And no one kept the lad, whose job was to fetch the balls back that went over the stand, busier than Ronnie Cairns, often from inside the six-yard box too.
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 22:50 - Apr 29 with 4156 viewskiwidale

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 22:15 - Apr 29 by 49thseason

I was disgusted as a kid when I discovered Morton had gone to New Brighton, he could conjure a goal from fresh air. And no one kept the lad, whose job was to fetch the balls back that went over the stand, busier than Ronnie Cairns, often from inside the six-yard box too.

That's how I remember Morton and Cairns, Morton was to my young eyes a great player with goals and flair, I was stunned as I think everyone was when he was released more so that he went non league. Cairns was renowned for not only missing sitters but also clearing the sandy stand however he would unleash from anywhere and the stats say he bagged more than a few.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 22:52]

This is not the time for bickering.

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer (n/t) on 05:36 - Apr 30 with 4070 viewsdavidab2202

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 22:50 - Apr 29 by kiwidale

That's how I remember Morton and Cairns, Morton was to my young eyes a great player with goals and flair, I was stunned as I think everyone was when he was released more so that he went non league. Cairns was renowned for not only missing sitters but also clearing the sandy stand however he would unleash from anywhere and the stats say he bagged more than a few.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 22:52]

Think I must have been stood in Sandy Lane end next to you!!
I have admit to being surprised by the number Ronnie scored in his time at Dale.
Cows a**e and banjo spring to mind but those figures perhaps belie that thought.
Agree George Morton is still up there as one of my favourite Dale players of the Sixty odd years of Dale support,may have lacked a yard of pace but very skilful
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 5:45]
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 13:04 - Apr 30 with 3841 viewsD_Dale

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 17:06 - Apr 28 by TVOS1907

129 Reg Jenkins
124 Albert Whitehurst
110 Ian Henderson
92 Steve Whitehall
80 Gary Jones
74 Billy Bertram
73 Ronnie Cairns
65 Jimmy Wynn
60 Chris Dagnall
55 George Morton
50 Bobby Hughes

It's a bit unfortunate that Ron Cairns isn't joint sixth on the list. On 24 Feb 1961 he scored a last-minute goal in Dale's 2-0 win at Accrington, but it was expunged soon after when Stanley resigned from the league.

It's looking increasingly likely that before this time next week all the goals scored against (and for) Bolton will also be washed from the record.
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 13:41 - Apr 30 with 3803 viewsVespaDale

Gary Jones from midfield is more than impressive. Few pens yeah but to outscore Holt, Flounders, Lambert etc (although appearances to goals may tell a different story) shows what a player he actually was.
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 07:23 - May 1 with 3585 viewsaleanddale

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 13:41 - Apr 30 by VespaDale

Gary Jones from midfield is more than impressive. Few pens yeah but to outscore Holt, Flounders, Lambert etc (although appearances to goals may tell a different story) shows what a player he actually was.

Jones was just a freak of nature.... I love that man.

Hopeful Hendo can sign off this season with a goal on Saturday and then bag a fair few next season to get close to if not go past Reg's record.
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer (n/t) on 10:23 - May 1 with 3477 viewsmingthemerciless

Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer (n/t) on 05:36 - Apr 30 by davidab2202

Think I must have been stood in Sandy Lane end next to you!!
I have admit to being surprised by the number Ronnie scored in his time at Dale.
Cows a**e and banjo spring to mind but those figures perhaps belie that thought.
Agree George Morton is still up there as one of my favourite Dale players of the Sixty odd years of Dale support,may have lacked a yard of pace but very skilful
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 5:45]

I liked George as well. A very skilful player who as we can see knew where the goals where.

What amazed me at the time was a pretty large offer for him was turned down mid season only for him to be released at the end of the same season.

Then there's the old story that Peterborough signed Tony Moulden by mistake when they really thought the were signing George.
Hendo - The hunt for all time leading scorer on 13:07 - May 8 with 3126 viewsD_Dale

Looking at all Hendo's goals together, it's noticeable how many are 'fox-in-the-(six-yard)-box' type, and not goals from distance, 'unstoppable' hard shots, individual efforts, chips or lobs, etc.

This isn't a criticism - it's been a brilliant performance. And how far ahead he is of other Dale league scorers, the total of the runners-up - Inman, Andrew, etc. - is 4 goals!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024