Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exiles 17:45 - Apr 28 with 2066 viewssuffolkdale

A big thank you to Ian, the Trust and the Club for yet another excellent Exiles day. It was a very busy day for the Club but despite that they managed to arrange a visit from some of the current squad and the 68/69 squad - absolute heroes for those of us of a certain age! Everybody commented upon upon the pleasant openness of players like Hendo, Calvin, Jim and our new hero- BBM.
And ......... the Exiles record continues - we have never seen the Dale lose. We were trying to add up the number of years we have been attending as the Exiles, it is well over a decade we think. Anybody know precisely?
Exiles on 21:23 - Apr 28 with 1929 views56years

I haven't been to the Exiles 'do' for a number of years but I reckon it started around 2006, soon after KH was initially manager. TVOS will advise on KH's initial appointment dates, January 200?
Exiles on 23:26 - Apr 28 with 1813 viewsTVOS1907

Exiles on 21:23 - Apr 28 by 56years

I haven't been to the Exiles 'do' for a number of years but I reckon it started around 2006, soon after KH was initially manager. TVOS will advise on KH's initial appointment dates, January 200?

Appointed as caretaker in December 2006, then permanently at some point in January 2007.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Exiles on 07:47 - Apr 29 with 1664 viewsEllDale

I can only echo those sentiments.
A fantastic afternoon. Really enjoyed it.
When they said that some players would join us for a spell I presumed it would be squad men who weren't selected.
How wrong was I and what splendid ambassadors they are.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:06 - Apr 29 with 1637 viewsJames1980

I agree it was a great afternoon, thank you Ian.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 8:08]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Exiles on 08:14 - Apr 29 with 1628 viewsSheffdale

Exiles on 07:47 - Apr 29 by EllDale

I can only echo those sentiments.
A fantastic afternoon. Really enjoyed it.
When they said that some players would join us for a spell I presumed it would be squad men who weren't selected.
How wrong was I and what splendid ambassadors they are.

It was a great afternoon and I think the only thing we slipped up on was letting people know where the MoM awards were taking place. I thought they'd be in the Main Lounge area as in previous years and as I Ieft early to resume Florence Nightingale duties back in Sheffield, I saw exiles heading there. It turns out that on Extra Time events, the awards take place in the Ratcliffe Bar. Thankfully a couple of exiles were there to present Aaron Wilbraham with his award - and it was a close call who we nominated.

We'll know next time where the awards take places and I am already looking forward to the fixture list coming out to select both a home and away Exiles match.
Exiles on 08:41 - Apr 29 with 1586 viewsNigeriamark

Yes well Done Ian on organising a great day. Good that some of the starting 11 came to meet us before the game as it is usually non squad players I think

Regarding when the exiles started, I think the trust have done it for over 10 years but did the club do it for 2 or 3 years first? My recollection was that they did a couple and because it was successful they tried to do 2 during a particular season but it went back to 1 again. I also thought the first one was about 2003 or 2004. However I am crap on dates so probably wrong

one improvement area IAN - It has peed it down with rain on both the ones you have arranged - Sort out the weather next time !!
Exiles on 09:13 - Apr 29 with 1541 viewsSheffdale

Exiles on 08:41 - Apr 29 by Nigeriamark

Yes well Done Ian on organising a great day. Good that some of the starting 11 came to meet us before the game as it is usually non squad players I think

Regarding when the exiles started, I think the trust have done it for over 10 years but did the club do it for 2 or 3 years first? My recollection was that they did a couple and because it was successful they tried to do 2 during a particular season but it went back to 1 again. I also thought the first one was about 2003 or 2004. However I am crap on dates so probably wrong

one improvement area IAN - It has peed it down with rain on both the ones you have arranged - Sort out the weather next time !!

It's why we have a box or two! You can't seriously be asking me to be accountable for SE Lancs weather - everyone I know from afar who has been to Spotland says it was either really cold, really windy or really wet!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024