Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans questions to the board 18:11 - Apr 30 with 3879 views442Dale

The Trust are meeting with the club next week:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/04/meeting-with-the-directors-3/

Please take advantage of this route of communication and send in questions.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans questions to the board on 19:08 - Apr 30 with 3829 viewsrochdale_ranger

What happened at the stag do?
Fans questions to the board on 19:09 - Apr 30 with 3824 viewsJames1980

Fans questions to the board on 19:08 - Apr 30 by rochdale_ranger

You know the rule, what goes on tour stays on tour.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fans questions to the board on 19:47 - Apr 30 with 3762 viewsDaleiLama

Will any more of those limited edition mugs, produced to celebrate playing a club who will probably be promoted to a League higher than ours, be available any time in the future? Not everyone got one last time. Although it could be argued that some of our neighbours are more in need of a pot to piss in than us?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans questions to the board on 19:56 - Apr 30 with 3738 views442Dale

Hopefully fans will make use of this opportunity as it allows an insight into the club. We’ve all seen the positive of answers to specific questions, so get them asked.

Fans questions to the board on 23:37 - Apr 30 with 3599 viewsShun

Fans questions to the board on 19:47 - Apr 30 by DaleiLama

Will any more of those limited edition mugs, produced to celebrate playing a club who will probably be promoted to a League higher than ours, be available any time in the future? Not everyone got one last time. Although it could be argued that some of our neighbours are more in need of a pot to piss in than us?

If, in the 75% likelihood that we’re still in the same league as Sunderland next season, will the club make the mugs available again when we play them?

Serious tho:

- The fan involvement in kit designs is a great initiative and leads to some attractive kits. Will this be a regular thing now?

- Why isn’t the fixture board being changed within a few hours (or at the very latest the next morning/working day) despite numerous promises that it will be?

- What are the club’s thoughts on last year’s pitch relay and what are the plans for it?

- The Rochdale in Bloom flower display behind the Sandy Lane looks really nice and was a really nice idea.

- What happened at the stag do?
Fans questions to the board on 18:45 - May 10 with 3214 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/05/minutes-from-meeting-with-directors/

Fans questions to the board on 19:11 - May 10 with 3134 viewsSuddenLad

Could someone please edit/update the list of Friends of the Trust ? Some are no longer part of the scheme and in at least one case, no longer exist. Thanks.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fans questions to the board on 23:30 - May 10 with 2946 viewsfitzochris

Appreciate the summary, but are the full minutes available anywhere? It would be good to see what the complete answers were to some of the questions.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Fans questions to the board on 06:43 - May 11 with 2823 viewsD_Alien

Fans questions to the board on 23:30 - May 10 by fitzochris

Appreciate the summary, but are the full minutes available anywhere? It would be good to see what the complete answers were to some of the questions.

It'd be good to see what the complete questions were. Only then could it be determined whether the answers provided by the board were actually complete

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans questions to the board on 10:10 - May 11 with 2662 views442Dale

Fans questions to the board on 06:43 - May 11 by D_Alien

It'd be good to see what the complete questions were. Only then could it be determined whether the answers provided by the board were actually complete

Here is what I sent in:

Hi,
Some questions below for the meeting with the club next week. Some have come via other fans, so please can full responses to each individual question be included on the Trust site as usual. Thanks for all your hard work this season, particularly in illustrating that the voice of supporters is one that should be listened to.

1. In recent years, there have been moves from Supporters Trusts and fan groups to make their stadiums 'Assets of Community Value'. With this in place, it would ensure that the ground would be safeguarded for the future. This is particularly important for all the club’s young fans, who may witness many changes in the years to come - as we’ve seen recently at clubs in the local area. With the ACV in place it will offer them a reassurance that their club’s ground is protected from development. Could the Trust and the club confirm whether they can work together and look to make Spotland an ACV?
- As an aside, what are the thoughts of the Trust in making this their main project for next season? It would hopefully encourage more fans to join, possibly from other areas of the local community - something an ACV particularly focuses on.

2. With the launch of Dale Lotto it was good to read that proceeds will support the Academy department. Does this mean that every penny raised goes directly to the Academy, if not what percentage is it?
- Could the club look to give regular totals of money that the Lotto contributes to the Academy as this will encourage more supporters/members of the local community to possibly take part? eg. “This month, thanks to those who play Dale Lotto, our Academy has benefited to the tune of £xxxx”

3. How often do the Trust and the Dale board commit to meeting next season to take questions from supporters?

4. On average, how much is raised from the sale of shirts and associated Errea leisurewear each season and what plans are in place to increase sales?
- Would the club welcome a supporters focus group to take feedback on this area? (not specifically around choosing kits because it is a positive that fans get to vote, but also the other products Errea supply)

5. What are the club’s thoughts on last year’s pitch re-lay and what are the plans for it going forward?

Fans questions to the board on 10:18 - May 11 with 2644 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Fans questions to the board on 23:37 - Apr 30 by Shun

If, in the 75% likelihood that we’re still in the same league as Sunderland next season, will the club make the mugs available again when we play them?

Serious tho:

- The fan involvement in kit designs is a great initiative and leads to some attractive kits. Will this be a regular thing now?

- Why isn’t the fixture board being changed within a few hours (or at the very latest the next morning/working day) despite numerous promises that it will be?

- What are the club’s thoughts on last year’s pitch relay and what are the plans for it?

- The Rochdale in Bloom flower display behind the Sandy Lane looks really nice and was a really nice idea.

- What happened at the stag do?

The fixture board has been sorted. Anyway, what’s your starting xi for Maidstone next week?

Reminder. Regurgitate this joke on 11.05.2029 but replace Maidestone with Bury.
[Post edited 11 May 2019 10:18]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Fans questions to the board on 11:21 - May 11 with 2577 viewsD_Alien

Fans questions to the board on 10:10 - May 11 by 442Dale

Here is what I sent in:

Hi,
Some questions below for the meeting with the club next week. Some have come via other fans, so please can full responses to each individual question be included on the Trust site as usual. Thanks for all your hard work this season, particularly in illustrating that the voice of supporters is one that should be listened to.

1. In recent years, there have been moves from Supporters Trusts and fan groups to make their stadiums 'Assets of Community Value'. With this in place, it would ensure that the ground would be safeguarded for the future. This is particularly important for all the club’s young fans, who may witness many changes in the years to come - as we’ve seen recently at clubs in the local area. With the ACV in place it will offer them a reassurance that their club’s ground is protected from development. Could the Trust and the club confirm whether they can work together and look to make Spotland an ACV?
- As an aside, what are the thoughts of the Trust in making this their main project for next season? It would hopefully encourage more fans to join, possibly from other areas of the local community - something an ACV particularly focuses on.

2. With the launch of Dale Lotto it was good to read that proceeds will support the Academy department. Does this mean that every penny raised goes directly to the Academy, if not what percentage is it?
- Could the club look to give regular totals of money that the Lotto contributes to the Academy as this will encourage more supporters/members of the local community to possibly take part? eg. “This month, thanks to those who play Dale Lotto, our Academy has benefited to the tune of £xxxx”

3. How often do the Trust and the Dale board commit to meeting next season to take questions from supporters?

4. On average, how much is raised from the sale of shirts and associated Errea leisurewear each season and what plans are in place to increase sales?
- Would the club welcome a supporters focus group to take feedback on this area? (not specifically around choosing kits because it is a positive that fans get to vote, but also the other products Errea supply)

5. What are the club’s thoughts on last year’s pitch re-lay and what are the plans for it going forward?

Thanks for that

Just for clarity, where more than one question is submitted on the same issue, do we know how questions are put to the board, i.e. are they amalgamated into a generic question? Or is each question submitted given it's own space for consideration?

I'm just interested in the actual mechanics of how the questions are put to the board, and the answers received, i.e. verbally and with note-taking, but not formally minuted? The reason i ask is that some answers appear generic, whilst others appear very specific

Fans questions to the board on 11:53 - May 11 with 2534 viewselectricblue

Fans questions to the board on 19:08 - Apr 30 by rochdale_ranger

Obessed

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Fans questions to the board on 12:14 - May 11 with 2500 viewsBobsAdaley

Fans questions to the board on 19:11 - May 10 by SuddenLad

Could someone please edit/update the list of Friends of the Trust ? Some are no longer part of the scheme and in at least one case, no longer exist. Thanks.

Thanks Sudden Lad, I have PM you but for those who are interested the post ironically passes my email and mail letters to the existing Friends. As a member of the Trust board one of the things I am tasked with is the “Friends” where both recruitment and writing the blog is concerned. Each year, at the end of the Trust 12 Month season we appraise the friends along with other things and bring the Website up to date, with the friends in mind once we have asked, or been approached and we post on the site we leave it, unless told, like now that things have changed. As a trust we want to actively encourage local businesses, be it large, medium or the one person band, in whatever the service is they provide to see if they can offer trust members their services maybe with a particular deal, we post across the various boards so all fans can see who’s supporting the dale. In Sudden Lads case we can only respond and correct if we are told of changes and are always grateful for feedback. If you do know of anyone who has a business and wants to become a “Friend” then please email us at info@daletrust.co.uk and for those wishing to join the trust, or renew their membership then that can be done on line at www.daletrust.co.uk and click on membership.

In the meantime please feel free if you are aware of any changes in the friends, or want to nominate or bring a business to us then as above info@daletrust.co.uk. And cheers Sudden lad for your help
Fans questions to the board on 12:43 - May 11 with 2466 viewsBobsAdaley

Fans questions to the board on 11:21 - May 11 by D_Alien

Thanks for that

Just for clarity, where more than one question is submitted on the same issue, do we know how questions are put to the board, i.e. are they amalgamated into a generic question? Or is each question submitted given it's own space for consideration?

I'm just interested in the actual mechanics of how the questions are put to the board, and the answers received, i.e. verbally and with note-taking, but not formally minuted? The reason i ask is that some answers appear generic, whilst others appear very specific

To add clarity to 442,s answers And your question. All the questions asked are individually read out to the board, no almagamation of questions unless it’s word for word nearly the same. The board give their answers, a note is taken of the points they say and you can see from the published answers exactly what was said, we were not there to debate the answers so if some seem generic, or light weight then that’s what was said.however, as we mention in all we do, if you have or need a specific point raising from the answers we do have regular meetings with the club and any additional query you feel needs raising we will do it, but the answer we get may well be the same., hope that helps a bit
Fans questions to the board on 12:57 - May 11 with 2448 views442Dale

Fans questions to the board on 12:43 - May 11 by BobsAdaley

To add clarity to 442,s answers And your question. All the questions asked are individually read out to the board, no almagamation of questions unless it’s word for word nearly the same. The board give their answers, a note is taken of the points they say and you can see from the published answers exactly what was said, we were not there to debate the answers so if some seem generic, or light weight then that’s what was said.however, as we mention in all we do, if you have or need a specific point raising from the answers we do have regular meetings with the club and any additional query you feel needs raising we will do it, but the answer we get may well be the same., hope that helps a bit

So, to use the question around the pitch on my post as an example, if read out individually and not as part of an amalgamation of questions (presuming nobody else was nearly the same word for word), where is the response to “What are the club’s thoughts on last year’s pitch re-lay”?
Presumably, although those present weren’t there to debate answers, they would highlight if a question, or part thereof, wasn’t answered? If not, all answers could be given in French and on unrelated subjects without a need for clarification.

Fans questions to the board on 13:17 - May 11 with 2423 viewsDalenet

Was there any update on the catering offer? I know that the Trust thought the club was listening after the survey at the start of the season. Has anything changed?
Fans questions to the board on 13:18 - May 11 with 2422 viewsD_Alien

Fans questions to the board on 12:43 - May 11 by BobsAdaley

Thanks for that clarification

And further to 442's point - i appreciate how the Trust aren't there to necessarily challenge answers, but any lack of response to particular aspects of questions might be worth considering. It may well be that with certain lengthy questions, or those involving multiple aspects, key sections aren't dealt with. It'd be in the interests of the board, surely, to help prevent them from being seen as avoiding contentious issues

Fans questions to the board on 14:30 - May 11 with 2357 viewsDaleiLama

Fans questions to the board on 12:57 - May 11 by 442Dale

So, to use the question around the pitch on my post as an example, if read out individually and not as part of an amalgamation of questions (presuming nobody else was nearly the same word for word), where is the response to “What are the club’s thoughts on last year’s pitch re-lay”?
Presumably, although those present weren’t there to debate answers, they would highlight if a question, or part thereof, wasn’t answered? If not, all answers could be given in French and on unrelated subjects without a need for clarification.

Bien sur

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans questions to the board on 08:25 - May 13 with 2075 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I’m not sure I’m comfortable with fans being involved in kit design. Given what’s happened with Brexit, I’m just a bit concerned we’ll be playing in Superdry tops and grey joggers.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Fans questions to the board on 12:36 - May 13 with 1955 viewsSaxonDale

Fans questions to the board on 08:25 - May 13 by BigDaveMyCock

I’m not sure I’m comfortable with fans being involved in kit design. Given what’s happened with Brexit, I’m just a bit concerned we’ll be playing in Superdry tops and grey joggers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024