Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrison Mcgahey 13:20 - May 6 with 4405 viewskiwidale

It's strange how things turn out when Harrison Mcgahey left for Scunthorpe it looked like he had jumped a sinking ship for better money and better prospects and who could blame him, however it's a funny old game and hindsight is a wonderful thing. I wonder what he's thinking now.

This is not the time for bickering.

Harrison Mcgahey on 13:34 - May 6 with 4357 viewssykeboy

Dale did fantastic to get a decent fee for in reality a bang average defender who played for the 2 worst defences in League 1 and finished the season on the Scunthorpe bench
Harrison Mcgahey on 13:43 - May 6 with 4329 viewsmidlandsdale

A little harsh on the lad to be honest.

Given the end of the Hill tenure and what it entailed you can't really blame him for leaving for potentially better prospects although it always looked at best a sideways pass to me! I think he gave us some great performances in the time he was here if not always the most consistent at times.
Harrison Mcgahey on 13:54 - May 6 with 4277 viewssykeboy

Harrison Mcgahey on 13:43 - May 6 by midlandsdale

A little harsh on the lad to be honest.

Given the end of the Hill tenure and what it entailed you can't really blame him for leaving for potentially better prospects although it always looked at best a sideways pass to me! I think he gave us some great performances in the time he was here if not always the most consistent at times.

Maybe the games about opinions, and whilst Jim always has a mistake in him the vast improvement with a strong capable partner at his side is there for all to see.
Harrison Mcgahey on 13:56 - May 6 with 4263 views49thseason

It seemed that a lot of potential was lost during Hills final two years. No fear was replaced by lots of it and young players like McGahey and Delaney suffered , Morley was overlooked and we went from a hard working team to one that lost the basics because Hill wanted to play like Barca . The change since BBM has been huge .Smiles are back and the players are doing simple things well rather than complicated stuff badly.
Harrison Mcgahey on 14:26 - May 6 with 4177 viewsoddjob007

Think he would have done well under BBM in a back 3. However we wouldn’t have seen the resurgence of Kgosi...
Harrison Mcgahey on 14:39 - May 6 with 4141 views1907

Always felt Mcgahey was vastly overrated. I’d go so far as saying if he didn’t have such pace he would be a very poor player.
Harrison Mcgahey on 17:18 - May 6 with 3825 viewsD_Alien

How much did we get for him? A fantastic bit of business, whatever it was

My impression is he was moved on to generate funds, rather than itching for a move himself although he no doubt thought he was moving on to better things

Did well for us, once he'd gained some confidence. Looked like he'd lost it again when we beat them during the upturn under BBM
[Post edited 6 May 2019 17:22]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Harrison Mcgahey on 17:56 - May 6 with 3720 viewssykeboy

Harrison Mcgahey on 17:18 - May 6 by D_Alien

How much did we get for him? A fantastic bit of business, whatever it was

My impression is he was moved on to generate funds, rather than itching for a move himself although he no doubt thought he was moving on to better things

Did well for us, once he'd gained some confidence. Looked like he'd lost it again when we beat them during the upturn under BBM
[Post edited 6 May 2019 17:22]

Not sure of the exact amount they are always undisclosed ,paper talk seem to indicate similar to Rafferty 200k which if anywhere near that amount was as you say fantastic business
Login to get fewer ads

Harrison Mcgahey on 19:27 - May 6 with 3558 viewsmacro

I wasnt bothered when he departed. He hasn't exactly improved Scunny.
Harrison Mcgahey on 19:54 - May 6 with 3493 viewsD_Dale

Harrison Mcgahey on 17:56 - May 6 by sykeboy

Not sure of the exact amount they are always undisclosed ,paper talk seem to indicate similar to Rafferty 200k which if anywhere near that amount was as you say fantastic business

Perhaps some accountant will get an inkling of the sums involved when the club's balance sheet appears.

But transfer fees can be one of the games darker corners. Or the subject of misinformation. (Though it was said to be a free, Soccerbase states an 'undisc.' fee for Dave Perkins' move to Tranmere - he's is 37 next month, but given his part in helping Tranmere to get into the play-offs, Dale perhaps deserved a fee!)

I half-recall that Kenny Jackett announced his signing of Andy Cannon a few days before the January window opened, and in the Pompey paper a £150K fee being mentioned. But Andy, injured since his second appearance, has fared even worse than Harrison MgGahey, who managed 8 starts for Scunny.

Maybe Joe Rafferty has done better than the others. His first Preston appearance wasn't until March, but since then he's regularly featured and presumably - though it's another darker corner - receives an annual income not unadjacent to £300k.
Harrison Mcgahey on 20:17 - May 6 with 3427 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Harrison Mcgahey on 19:54 - May 6 by D_Dale

Perhaps some accountant will get an inkling of the sums involved when the club's balance sheet appears.

But transfer fees can be one of the games darker corners. Or the subject of misinformation. (Though it was said to be a free, Soccerbase states an 'undisc.' fee for Dave Perkins' move to Tranmere - he's is 37 next month, but given his part in helping Tranmere to get into the play-offs, Dale perhaps deserved a fee!)

I half-recall that Kenny Jackett announced his signing of Andy Cannon a few days before the January window opened, and in the Pompey paper a £150K fee being mentioned. But Andy, injured since his second appearance, has fared even worse than Harrison MgGahey, who managed 8 starts for Scunny.

Maybe Joe Rafferty has done better than the others. His first Preston appearance wasn't until March, but since then he's regularly featured and presumably - though it's another darker corner - receives an annual income not unadjacent to £300k.

I have heard a few figures re Harrison as I have a lot of friends that way as lived there. 300 to 400k is what I have heard off all, no idea if that was based on staying up appearances etc.

Andy Cannon was £149,000 and change apparently , that’s from a pe teacher who teaches 1 of the players kids, not certain but I think it has something to do with certain wage set up when players are signed for certain fees.

No idea on Rafferty or the others though and what I say above is just what I have heard.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Harrison Mcgahey on 20:20 - May 6 with 3415 viewssykeboy

Harrison Mcgahey on 20:17 - May 6 by Thacks_Rabbits

I have heard a few figures re Harrison as I have a lot of friends that way as lived there. 300 to 400k is what I have heard off all, no idea if that was based on staying up appearances etc.

Andy Cannon was £149,000 and change apparently , that’s from a pe teacher who teaches 1 of the players kids, not certain but I think it has something to do with certain wage set up when players are signed for certain fees.

No idea on Rafferty or the others though and what I say above is just what I have heard.

If true Scunny must have more money than sense
Harrison Mcgahey on 22:13 - May 6 with 3195 viewsdingdangblue

Him leaving made way for Ebanks Landell to come in and we stayed up. Happy days.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Harrison Mcgahey on 22:19 - May 6 with 3183 viewsjonahwhereru

Said at the time of HG’s departure it was good business. He was the best centre half we had when played in a back four, but that was in the worst defence in the division. The deal had to be viewed in that context.
I still think he can do a stoppers job, but can’t see him reaching the Championship.
As for Jim he is better in a three but there is no doubt playing with EEL improved him no end. A solid commanding centre half is the highest priority for the coming window, unless BBM does a total revamp at the back. The league table suggests a radical overhaul may be a decent shout, but a left back plus the above should do it in my dubious opinion.
Harrison Mcgahey on 22:42 - May 6 with 3102 viewssweetcorn

He’s probably thinking the higher salary he’s getting at scunthorpe is good..

Said when he went to get money was good business. Never rated him that highly.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Harrison Mcgahey on 14:04 - May 7 with 2528 viewsDareToCalvin

Harrison Mcgahey on 20:17 - May 6 by Thacks_Rabbits

I've heard (doesn't mean it's true) that we got around £150k for Cannon and Rafferty and around £200k for McGahey plus a few tiny appearance clauses etc. £500k in one window for us is great business, especially when we signed a player who seems to be just as good as Rafferty already in McLaughlin and a good utility player in Keohane, and obviously already having so many talented centre midfielders. I liked McGahey but as has been correctly said he was the best defender in a team that couldn't defend, there are plenty of players within our reach who are better
Harrison Mcgahey on 15:01 - May 7 with 2463 viewsnordenblue

Harrison Mcgahey on 14:04 - May 7 by DareToCalvin

I've heard (doesn't mean it's true) that we got around £150k for Cannon and Rafferty and around £200k for McGahey plus a few tiny appearance clauses etc. £500k in one window for us is great business, especially when we signed a player who seems to be just as good as Rafferty already in McLaughlin and a good utility player in Keohane, and obviously already having so many talented centre midfielders. I liked McGahey but as has been correctly said he was the best defender in a team that couldn't defend, there are plenty of players within our reach who are better

10% of 500k isn't a bad little number either...
Harrison Mcgahey on 16:57 - May 7 with 2330 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Harrison Mcgahey on 15:01 - May 7 by nordenblue

10% of 500k isn't a bad little number either...

...should knock it off the compo figure?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024