Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 16:04 - May 8 with 13536 viewsleedsdale

Only Inman and Williams released.

Hoti, Hopper, Tavares and Bradley offered their first deals.

No mention of McNulty which might be a mistake!
Retained list on 10:12 - May 9 with 3596 viewsTVOS1907

Retained list on 23:26 - May 8 by D_Dale

Like transfer fees, salaries are often not disclosed. But the figures below, semi-randomly taken from online sources, suggest that £50k a year is on the below average side for a L1 player.

In Williams's case, he was meant to be Hill's big signing of the 2017 summer, a player plucked from a non-league side where he'd developed a goal-scoring reputation and persuaded to join Dale rather than another club (Lincoln were said to be interested too). If the reported £100k was paid for him, the same sum for a 2-year contract doesn't seem unlikely. And if not that, what - £30k a year (no more than a nurse of teacher is paid - although it's widely held that footballers get too much compared with such useful workers)?

(I don't blame Hill, incidentally, for taking such a gamble, and I doubt the 'younger' Hill would have managed him any better - there were misjudged signing throughout his managerial career.)

If we look at per week figures:

Premier League: £50,000 pw

Championship: £7,500- £8,500 pw

League One: £1,700- £2,500 pw

League Two: £1,300 - £1,500

Average Premier League Salary

However, we need to be aware that these are “average” wages, which may or may not represent the highest of lowest paid players. For example, in Premier League, the top players will get over £300,000 per week. Per game and performance bonuses can further lift wages.

Clubs like Sunderland will be paying significantly higher salaries which will skew the averages somewhat. You can probably add the likes of Peterborough (outside of the big clubs) into that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Retained list on 10:14 - May 9 with 3586 viewsTVOS1907

Retained list on 09:56 - May 9 by ChaffRAFC

We did beat several other teams to his signature by all accounts though. I strongly suspect the wage mentioned won't be far off at all when the likes of Henderson, Done, Camps, McNulty, Andrew, McGahey etc will have been on considerably more than £1,000 a week.

We also beat several other teams to Marc Twaddle's signature!!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Retained list on 10:28 - May 9 with 3527 viewsSuddenLad

Retained list on 10:14 - May 9 by TVOS1907

Never was a player more aptly named.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained list on 11:36 - May 9 with 3370 viewsmacro

Retained list on 10:14 - May 9 by TVOS1907

I'd blanked him out of my mind. Jesus wept
Retained list on 15:22 - May 9 with 3129 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Retained list on 09:44 - May 9 by TVOS1907

You could be right, but I'd be amazed if a player we signed from Barrow, with zero League experience, was among the top earners at the time of his signing (which was a year before the likes of Wilbraham and Perkins appeared).

I am just guessing to a point TVOS but he won’t have been on £450 quid a week when Lincoln were after him as well, they pay quite highly.

Maybe location was part of it and I can’t remember who we had totally when we signed him. Hendo would clearly be on way more as would Harrison, camps, Allen, et al.

Even if he was on £700 quid a week, less maybe Lincoln picking up some of the bill, he was £125k or so not well spent!!!!

Edit - sorry just pretty much repeating chaffs reply before I had read it.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 15:25]

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Retained list on 15:38 - May 9 with 3071 viewsdawlishdale

Retained list on 15:22 - May 9 by Thacks_Rabbits

I am just guessing to a point TVOS but he won’t have been on £450 quid a week when Lincoln were after him as well, they pay quite highly.

Maybe location was part of it and I can’t remember who we had totally when we signed him. Hendo would clearly be on way more as would Harrison, camps, Allen, et al.

Even if he was on £700 quid a week, less maybe Lincoln picking up some of the bill, he was £125k or so not well spent!!!!

Edit - sorry just pretty much repeating chaffs reply before I had read it.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 15:25]

Lincoln actually offered more than we could, but Williams chose to move here because we increased our initial wages offer (around £1k per week I'm told) and he already knew the area (Barrow trained at Hopwood Hall at the time of his move).
Retained list on 16:58 - May 9 with 2933 viewsjonahwhereru

Tbh I am a bit shocked at the brevity of this list. We became resilient, aided by 2 loanees. The team worked hard without the ball and we beat team around us by a single goal to climb the table.
We are a durable side since KH left but not a good side.

Adshead and Morley don’t look ready and we have supplemented them with 4 more from the very successful youth. That is a right gamble. Plus there is Brad Wade who looks small framed to me. Surely we are going with just 2 keepers next year. Surprised we haven’t transfer listed a few to reduce the bloated squad. May be some of the terms offered are so low some may choose to walk to give BBM more wriggle room.

Overall expected BMM to use the window to put his stamp on the squad, but he has had a very assured start to the job so in BMM I trust.
Retained list on 17:20 - May 9 with 2859 viewselectricblue

Retained list on 16:58 - May 9 by jonahwhereru

Tbh I am a bit shocked at the brevity of this list. We became resilient, aided by 2 loanees. The team worked hard without the ball and we beat team around us by a single goal to climb the table.

Adshead and Morley don’t look ready and we have supplemented them with 4 more from the very successful youth. That is a right gamble. Plus there is Brad Wade who looks small framed to me. Surely we are going with just 2 keepers next year. Surprised we haven’t transfer listed a few to reduce the bloated squad. May be some of the terms offered are so low some may choose to walk to give BBM more wriggle room.

Overall expected BMM to use the window to put his stamp on the squad, but he has had a very assured start to the job so in BMM I trust.

There is the chance that Done and Wilbraham may not like the terms offered and decide to move on more so Done as he is younger..

Wilbraham might decide to give it another season and call it a day to his playing days then again he may do a job at league 2 or the conference..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 18:24 - May 9 with 2721 viewsaleanddale

A very level headed post.

I also expected more outs TBH but a lot depends on who wants to stay from the players offered new terms.

We need to start better next season if we want to avoid a third successive season of struggle.
Retained list on 18:38 - May 9 with 2690 viewsSuddenLad

He's probably been made aware of thebudget for transfers, so he's had to keep players he might well have wanted to off-load.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained list on 20:31 - May 9 with 2509 views49thseason

Whoever re-signs, the elephant in the room is the fact that we have 2 left-side centre-halves ... McNulty and Delaney, maybe 3 if Ntlhe re-signs, no right sided CH and no left back.
We can't have a situation where we are leaking 2 goals a game simply because we want to play non-defenders in defensive positions. So whatever BBM does, he must target a left back and a RHS CH as a priority.
And it's hard to say we have suitable forwards for L1 when, Henderson apart, six other forwards managed just 15 goals between them all season: Williams 2, Pike 1, Gillam 1, Inman 4, Andrew 3, Wilbraham 4,

Indeed , including loan forwards, Clough, Pike and Holden, between 9 "forwards" , in 121 starts and 65 subs, they managed just 35 goals including Henderson's 20 or, put another way, 1 goal every 5.3 appearances by a "forward" (term "forward" used very loosely).

Since the start of last season, we have lost McGahey Rafferty Perkins, Moore, Cannon, Norman(loan) Hart (loan) Randall (loan) Thompson (Ret) so there is probably a bit of money still to invest. The priorities are clear.
[Post edited 9 May 2019 20:44]
Retained list on 16:47 - Jun 21 with 1793 viewsboromat

From the BBM interview on the OS it sounds like we should start hearing news next week and have an idea of who has and hasn't signed by the end of the week.

With Monday being the 1st July the Friday might be the last opportunity for the players to sign if it's the last working day of the week for the club.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Retained list on 16:51 - Jun 21 with 1756 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Retained list on 16:47 - Jun 21 by boromat

From the BBM interview on the OS it sounds like we should start hearing news next week and have an idea of who has and hasn't signed by the end of the week.

With Monday being the 1st July the Friday might be the last opportunity for the players to sign if it's the last working day of the week for the club.

Early news might just help Season Tickets sales as we head to the end of the Early Bird jobby.

Please Olly Rathbone,get signed up.........cheerio Matty Done and Alby?
Retained list on 18:15 - Jun 21 with 1562 viewsboromat

I hope they all sign. BBM has offered them all contracts for a reason and obviously has them in his plans. I'd just like some news at this point a slow window is an understatement!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024