Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
play offs etc so far 07:42 - May 12 with 9484 viewsfrenzied

Great to see Conrad Logan in fine form yesterday..
Scott Wiseman on his way to league 2 with Salford.
Sunderlands attendance was far lower than I would have expected for a play off.
Craig D throwing up at the WBA game..off at half time.
If Tranmere get promoted then they along with Luton and Sheff Utd will have all had back to back promotions!!...im not sure but have Salford also had back to back promotions?
play offs etc so far on 08:07 - May 12 with 4853 viewsSheffdale

The Blades actually spent last season in the Championship, started well and topped the table in November but faded and finished 10th. Wilder has done a remarkable job though and there's a feel good factor in the city as a result of a deserved promotion. I think they'll struggle next year though.
play offs etc so far on 08:28 - May 12 with 4816 viewsfrenzied

play offs etc so far on 08:07 - May 12 by Sheffdale

The Blades actually spent last season in the Championship, started well and topped the table in November but faded and finished 10th. Wilder has done a remarkable job though and there's a feel good factor in the city as a result of a deserved promotion. I think they'll struggle next year though.

Cheers mate

My mistake I thought they only went up last season
play offs etc so far on 10:06 - May 12 with 4680 viewsSuddenLad

Salford have had back-to-back promotions and are the first club ever to come straight through the Conference into the football league in one season. They will find next season a lot tougher, I should think.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

play offs etc so far on 11:59 - May 12 with 4549 viewsD_Dale

play offs etc so far on 10:06 - May 12 by SuddenLad

Salford have had back-to-back promotions and are the first club ever to come straight through the Conference into the football league in one season. They will find next season a lot tougher, I should think.

A lot will depend on how much cash the club's backers continue to pour in. When Salford beat Eastleigh a few days ago in the first play-off round the crowd was below 3000. But, then, AFC Fylde is also something of a vanity project. Yesterday's attendance of 8049 must be the lowest for a Wembley play-off at that level.

Re the 26,610 to see Sunderland beat Pompey 1-0 last night, it does seem a big drop on the 41,129 when the two drew 1-1 two weeks ago. Andy Cannon was an unused sub last night - he must be looking forward to playing again.
play offs etc so far on 13:26 - May 12 with 4440 viewspioneer

play offs etc so far on 11:59 - May 12 by D_Dale

A lot will depend on how much cash the club's backers continue to pour in. When Salford beat Eastleigh a few days ago in the first play-off round the crowd was below 3000. But, then, AFC Fylde is also something of a vanity project. Yesterday's attendance of 8049 must be the lowest for a Wembley play-off at that level.

Re the 26,610 to see Sunderland beat Pompey 1-0 last night, it does seem a big drop on the 41,129 when the two drew 1-1 two weeks ago. Andy Cannon was an unused sub last night - he must be looking forward to playing again.

The problem is two fold:
most clubs now rely on season tickets for the major part of their support and these games are not included in season tickets so no one is ‘locked in’ to paying or attending
the games are only set after the regular season is completed so clubs have very little time to market/sell tickets while fans may have other commitments
play offs etc so far on 13:55 - May 12 with 4401 viewsShun

Good to see Doncaster losing at home. Maybe McCann will realise cheats don’t prosper. Absolutely horrible team. Portsmouth weren’t much better so I don’t want them to do well either. I’d be pleased if Charlton went up.
play offs etc so far on 15:08 - May 12 with 4313 viewsYorkshire_Dale

play offs etc so far on 13:55 - May 12 by Shun

Good to see Doncaster losing at home. Maybe McCann will realise cheats don’t prosper. Absolutely horrible team. Portsmouth weren’t much better so I don’t want them to do well either. I’d be pleased if Charlton went up.

Yeah,much prefer to see the back of Charlton......good attendances from the other 3 so hope they stay with us.
play offs etc so far on 16:27 - May 12 with 4230 viewsdalefertcup2

play offs etc so far on 13:26 - May 12 by pioneer

The problem is two fold:
most clubs now rely on season tickets for the major part of their support and these games are not included in season tickets so no one is ‘locked in’ to paying or attending
the games are only set after the regular season is completed so clubs have very little time to market/sell tickets while fans may have other commitments

‘Other commitments’ - especially on a Saturday night and when there’s no way back to Portsmouth that night by public transport
Login to get fewer ads

play offs etc so far on 19:44 - May 12 with 4087 views100notout

Conrad Logan playing a blinder for Mansfield

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

play offs etc so far on 19:48 - May 12 with 4074 viewsleedsdale

play offs etc so far on 19:44 - May 12 by 100notout

Conrad Logan playing a blinder for Mansfield

Mal Benning (left back we were linked with in January) also playing well
play offs etc so far on 20:52 - May 12 with 3988 viewsscarrow

Newport v vegans/tranmere ar wembley

Poll: Final position

play offs etc so far on 21:09 - May 12 with 3962 viewsTVOS1907

play offs etc so far on 20:52 - May 12 by scarrow

Newport v vegans/tranmere ar wembley

Well-deserved too. They hit the woodwork several times and Logan made some excellent saves.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

play offs etc so far on 21:19 - May 12 with 3937 viewsColDale

The Newport keeper was claiming during the shoot out that the Mansfield 4th penalty shouldn't have been allowed as it rebounded off him. Would have been an own goal during normal play so did he have a case?
play offs etc so far on 22:13 - May 12 with 3833 viewsTVOS1907

play offs etc so far on 21:19 - May 12 by ColDale

The Newport keeper was claiming during the shoot out that the Mansfield 4th penalty shouldn't have been allowed as it rebounded off him. Would have been an own goal during normal play so did he have a case?

Nope.

"A kick is successful if, having been touched once by the kicker, the ball crosses the goal line between the goal posts and under the crossbar, without touching any player, official, or outside agent other than the defending goalkeeper. The ball may touch the goalkeeper, goal posts, or crossbar any number of times before going into the goal as long as the referee believes the ball's motion is the result of the initial kick"

play offs etc so far on 22:16 - May 12 with 3824 viewsColDale

play offs etc so far on 22:13 - May 12 by TVOS1907

Nope.

"A kick is successful if, having been touched once by the kicker, the ball crosses the goal line between the goal posts and under the crossbar, without touching any player, official, or outside agent other than the defending goalkeeper. The ball may touch the goalkeeper, goal posts, or crossbar any number of times before going into the goal as long as the referee believes the ball's motion is the result of the initial kick"

ta
play offs etc so far on 22:22 - May 15 with 3340 views100notout

oops!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

play offs etc so far on 22:38 - May 15 with 3306 viewsscarrow

play offs etc so far on 22:22 - May 15 by 100notout

oops!

Tweaking the nipples of the footballing gods.

play offs etc so far on 22:40 - May 15 with 3301 viewsTVOS1907

play offs etc so far on 22:22 - May 15 by 100notout

oops!

Is that a bloke with a wig on?

play offs etc so far on 22:52 - May 15 with 3263 viewsjudd

play offs etc so far on 22:40 - May 15 by TVOS1907

Is that a bloke with a wig on?

Does look familiar tbh

Poll: What is it to be then?

play offs etc so far on 23:18 - May 15 with 3229 viewsTVOS1907

play offs etc so far on 22:52 - May 15 by judd

Does look familiar tbh

It’s not Denis Norden!

play offs etc so far on 00:15 - May 16 with 3185 viewsrochdale_ranger

Just an ugly woman I think. On another note it’s reminiscent of when Darlington were announcing their coach travel to Wembley after they beat us in the first leg. It ain’t over till it’s over.
play offs etc so far on 05:58 - May 16 with 3114 viewsBartRowou

Derby County are another club that somehow get away with massive overspending through dubious means.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

play offs etc so far on 11:57 - May 16 with 2909 viewsdingdangblue

Brilliant from Derby mocking the Leeds chant about 'spygate'.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

play offs etc so far (n/t) on 12:54 - May 16 with 2809 viewsblackdogblue

play offs etc so far on 11:57 - May 16 by dingdangblue

Brilliant from Derby mocking the Leeds chant about 'spygate'.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

play offs etc so far on 21:39 - May 16 with 2530 viewsscarrow

Another trip to Pompey looms then

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024