Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A another vacancy 12:53 - May 13 with 1134 viewsJames1980

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48251716

Hughton sacked by Brighton.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A another vacancy on 14:00 - May 13 with 1040 viewsjonahwhereru

I know Tony Bloom is literally a gambler but this is a big role of the dice. Chris Houghton is an astute manager and his record is pretty good considering he is in that bracket of managers that know their stuff but will never get to manage one of the top eight clubs, unless they are in a crisis at the time (Man U next for Chris then).
A run to the semi’s of the cup while retaining your premier league status all on a average gate of less than 25k, isn’t enough to keep your job. It’s a harsh profession this football management lark.
The good news is Houghton will be back in work with a decent championship side as soon as the managerial slaughter starts after 4 games of the new season.
A another vacancy on 16:02 - May 13 with 985 viewselectricblue

One of the lads asked corals or betfred for odds on Hughton to take over from Raffa..
I think he got a miserly offer of 10/1

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

A another vacancy on 16:58 - May 13 with 911 viewsJames1980

I also would have thought premier league survival with games to spare and a cup semi final would have been enough to keep his job for the start of the next campaign. Not heard much call for head round these parts for his departure.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A another vacancy on 17:44 - May 13 with 853 viewsscarrow

A another vacancy on 14:00 - May 13 by jonahwhereru

I know Tony Bloom is literally a gambler but this is a big role of the dice. Chris Houghton is an astute manager and his record is pretty good considering he is in that bracket of managers that know their stuff but will never get to manage one of the top eight clubs, unless they are in a crisis at the time (Man U next for Chris then).
A run to the semi’s of the cup while retaining your premier league status all on a average gate of less than 25k, isn’t enough to keep your job. It’s a harsh profession this football management lark.
The good news is Houghton will be back in work with a decent championship side as soon as the managerial slaughter starts after 4 games of the new season.

A twist on that is 3 wins in 23 is relegation form and the fans of most clubs would be calling for change

Poll: Final position

A another vacancy on 18:12 - May 13 with 809 viewsJimmyRustler

I would like to hear Brighton fans thoughts on it. On the surface it seems very harsh but that's probably what most neutrals thought about our sacking of KH...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024