Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Focus group for the kids 13:03 - May 13 with 1641 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/may/focus-group--junior-dale-fans/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Focus group for the kids on 13:21 - May 13 with 1605 viewsjudd

Great idea. Well done the club. Also good to read that the ticket office hours are extended in May to facilitate season ticket sales. Really helps those who prefer not to or cannot order on line.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Focus group for the kids on 13:33 - May 13 with 1587 viewskel

Are kids who weren’t allowed to renew season tickets due to their parents not having one allowed to participate too?
Focus group for the kids on 14:15 - May 13 with 1532 viewsAncoats_Blue

Focus group for the kids on 13:33 - May 13 by kel

Are kids who weren’t allowed to renew season tickets due to their parents not having one allowed to participate too?

How many games do you to a season and what stand are you in?

Getting an adult and junior season ticket in the Sandy for next season (£160)

Is going to be cheaper than last season’s junior season ticket plus paying on the day 9 times.

The club are letting kids in on ridiculously low costs, less than 50p a game, so not surprised there’s a caveat to their offer. Even with an adult ST the Sandy would be less than £3.50 each per match.
Focus group for the kids on 14:17 - May 13 with 1526 viewsjudd

Focus group for the kids on 13:33 - May 13 by kel

I thought there had been some relaxation on this?

Focus group for the kids on 14:29 - May 13 with 1510 viewskel

Focus group for the kids on 14:15 - May 13 by Ancoats_Blue

How many games do you to a season and what stand are you in?

Getting an adult and junior season ticket in the Sandy for next season (£160)

Is going to be cheaper than last season’s junior season ticket plus paying on the day 9 times.

The club are letting kids in on ridiculously low costs, less than 50p a game, so not surprised there’s a caveat to their offer. Even with an adult ST the Sandy would be less than £3.50 each per match.

Around 5 or 6 and main stand. Out of the 3 kids I have I bring 2 to the football and one is too small to see from the sandy and the other is probably too bone idle. For last Christmas however, I ventured into the club shop for the first time in years to make sure the new supporters they had become had some dale stuff to wear which the youngest of the two was over the moon with.

So that’s 22 quid (or whatever it is now on the day) times 5/6 for me that the club won’t be getting next season plus any merchandise sold. Not to mention the immediate demands to go to the kiosk for food that the little bleeders pester me for. I’m not alone in this situation from some I’ve spoken to so I guess the club can do without the money along with a new generations of fans.

City won the league though yesterday so they’ll have to be happy to watch them on tv next season instead.
Focus group for the kids on 14:30 - May 13 with 1508 viewskel

Focus group for the kids on 14:17 - May 13 by judd

I thought there had been some relaxation on this?

Not that I’m aware of.

I believe an adult purchasing a season ticket can now get a few kids ones but I don’t attend enough games to purchase one for myself.
Focus group for the kids on 15:16 - May 13 with 1438 viewsDaleiLama

Focus group for the kids on 14:30 - May 13 by kel

Not that I’m aware of.

I believe an adult purchasing a season ticket can now get a few kids ones but I don’t attend enough games to purchase one for myself.

Might it be worth dropping the new CEO an e-mail explaining your circs and how the policy affects/deters you from attending? The worst he can say is too bad, but he just might sort you out with what you want. Russ certainly went the extra mile for me a couple of times …….. got to be worth a punt?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Focus group for the kids on 17:05 - May 13 with 1351 viewskel

Focus group for the kids on 15:16 - May 13 by DaleiLama

Might it be worth dropping the new CEO an e-mail explaining your circs and how the policy affects/deters you from attending? The worst he can say is too bad, but he just might sort you out with what you want. Russ certainly went the extra mile for me a couple of times …….. got to be worth a punt?

Worth a try, yes, but a bit unfair on others in a similar situation.

I was delighted last season when I found out how I could manage the situation and it just seems a bit daft to start putting restrictions on it.
Login to get fewer ads

Focus group for the kids on 18:13 - May 13 with 1285 viewsDaley_Lama

Anybody getting an adult ST can buy multiple Junior STs as long as they are not perceived as abusing the system, if you have a relative or friend you could ask them to do that kel. I got 4 adults 8 kids for example, all which will be used regularly next season.

I do actually understand why the club are trying to change things with junior season tickets, however also understand why it is still not great for the likes of yourself.

With the junior STs being so cheap the suspicion is that loads were bought last season but not used or hardly used. Pay £10 - take a kid to 2/3 games sort of things or in some cases less. Worth getting one at £10 on the off chance that a kid might go to more that one game.

Looking at seat availability online in either the TDS or main stand and there is next to nothing available in either aside from the front of the TDS. This is despite us only averaging total 3.5K (estimate 2.5 home fans in these two stands)

The only logical explanation for this is that there are loads of STs booked but not being used.

This manifests itself for big games.

When we played Sunderland, the club announced there were only 150 tickets available in the TDS on the morning of the game. These quickly went and fans were directed to the Sandy instead. There was however loads of empty seats in the TDS.

Same when trying to renew this season, trying to get seats together was impossible unless I chose to sit right down near the bottom.

For league matches the club has to honour season tickets, the unused junior season ticket seats have to be left empty. As the club moves to partitioning the TDS for some games with away fans, this could become more problematic.

The alternate would have been for junior season tickets to become more expensive so that people don't buy them to only use them once or twice. Don't think that would have been popular either.

Never easy.

Poll: DF in or out

Focus group for the kids on 18:45 - May 13 with 1233 viewskel

Some good points, Lama. I could possibly come across as being a a bit selfish but I just thought the system I encountered worked very well for me personally. Might not work out as well for the club though so I may have to just accept this one.
Focus group for the kids on 19:39 - May 13 with 1167 viewsblackdogblue

They are looking for contributions from the Juniors for Desmond’s Den.

1. Introduce a half time club like Plymouth
2. Give the kids a half time Ice Crean, in a tub with Home/Away teams crest on it like Plymouth
3. Let my dad out for a fag at at half time like.... Most teams in League 1 next season ..
4. Improve the catering, bring back the proper hotdogs & donate the Steak and Pepper Pies to a local pig farm (to make better hotdogs with maybe a bacon topping?

Gutted my boy is 13 this year 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Focus group for the kids on 12:42 - May 14 with 1011 viewsjudd

Talking to a Burnley season ticket holder earlier and one of the fans he sits near came to the game on Sunday with a baby in a papoose, strapped across her front.

Apparently she was charged £15.00 to bring the baby into the ground, it was not even taking up a seat.

Focus group for the kids on 13:02 - May 14 with 984 viewsD_Alien

Focus group for the kids on 12:42 - May 14 by judd

Talking to a Burnley season ticket holder earlier and one of the fans he sits near came to the game on Sunday with a baby in a papoose, strapped across her front.

Apparently she was charged £15.00 to bring the baby into the ground, it was not even taking up a seat.

I'd pay £15 for that...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Focus group for the kids on 13:21 - May 14 with 937 viewsjudd

Focus group for the kids on 13:02 - May 14 by D_Alien

I'd pay £15 for that...

...she was wearing other items of clothing as well, apparently.

Focus group for the kids on 13:42 - May 14 with 909 viewsD_Alien

Focus group for the kids on 13:21 - May 14 by judd

Even so, it'd be better than watching us get thrashed 0-4

I take your point, btw. Hope the woman put a complaint in

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Focus group for the kids on 18:09 - May 14 with 833 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Focus group for the kids on 13:21 - May 14 by judd

She also got to see the joint winner of the Golden Boot......how lucky is that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024