Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury fc 18:22 - May 20 with 6247 viewselectricblue

And the bucket shaking is so real..

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/17651521.desperate-appeal-for-food-and-cash-as-

Asking for money is soooo wrong its their mess they should resolve it....

[Post edited 20 May 2019 18:23]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Bury fc on 18:36 - May 20 with 5485 viewsblackdogblue

Add to their released list:

Groundsmen
Stewards
Bar staff
Car park attendants
Ticker office staff
Programme Sellers
“Superstore” employees
Catering Staff
Tannoy Announcer
Community staff
Lottery agents

Bury are falling apart like Bolton who co incidentally are also in the news about food bank donations for employees.

Bolton was miss run in a lot of ways, Buckets I have no sympathy for at all...

They deserve 2 leagues drop & reinstate NCFC to cheer Chalky up a bit 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Bury fc on 18:37 - May 20 with 5478 viewsMolly

Why is it sooo wrong? The appeal is reportedly being made by Bury fans to support staff and players who have not been paid. If you had not been paid by your employer and people came along to help you put food on the table would you consider it sooo wrong. It is the ownership of the club , not the pbi that is wrong.
Bury fc on 18:41 - May 20 with 5460 viewselectricblue

Just had a arguement with my Bury loving mate and told her that its disgusting asking for money when the club have thousands in ticket sales....season ticket sales...corporate funding...sponsorship....league money from the EFL and squandered it....
Its time Bury and Bolton where kicked into non league now....

It really pees me off....

Bury fc on 18:47 - May 20 with 5421 viewsblackdogblue

Bury fc on 18:37 - May 20 by Molly

Why is it sooo wrong? The appeal is reportedly being made by Bury fans to support staff and players who have not been paid. If you had not been paid by your employer and people came along to help you put food on the table would you consider it sooo wrong. It is the ownership of the club , not the pbi that is wrong.

Not being controversial here but if you didn’t get paid, I’m pretty sure you would be looking for another job & I'm damn sure I wouldn’t turn up for nothing & spend my time doing just that..

Bury fc on 18:48 - May 20 with 5411 viewsHopwoodblue

It’s an absolute disgrace! These people who put peoples homes / families at risk should be totally accountable. As much as I dislike bUry a lot of these people are just trying to work for a living and bring a family up. The players should be able to cut their cloth and survive it’s the poor office staff I really feel sorry for.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Bury fc on 18:51 - May 20 with 5382 views49thseason

I imagine ticket sales money for next season should be held in qn escrow account until such time as the future of the club is known and only released once it is know that the clubs future is secure.
Bury fc on 18:55 - May 20 with 5363 viewselectricblue

Its not the staff im having a go at as i do feel for them as they are innocent in all of whats happened.

But when a nondesript like Stewie Day literally piles ££££££s of debt onto the club and then literally hands it over to a guy who by the looks of it is as clued up about running a football club as Ken Anderson people need to be held accountable in some way.....
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:44]

Bury fc on 19:13 - May 20 with 5294 viewsrochdale_ranger

Bury fc on 18:48 - May 20 by Hopwoodblue

It’s an absolute disgrace! These people who put peoples homes / families at risk should be totally accountable. As much as I dislike bUry a lot of these people are just trying to work for a living and bring a family up. The players should be able to cut their cloth and survive it’s the poor office staff I really feel sorry for.

Welcome to the world of work in 2019. They should just jack and get another job. Firms go under all the time due to bad management.
Login to get fewer ads

Bury fc on 22:38 - May 20 with 4831 viewsMolly

Bury fc on 18:55 - May 20 by electricblue

Its not the staff im having a go at as i do feel for them as they are innocent in all of whats happened.

But when a nondesript like Stewie Day literally piles ££££££s of debt onto the club and then literally hands it over to a guy who by the looks of it is as clued up about running a football club as Ken Anderson people need to be held accountable in some way.....
[Post edited 20 May 2019 19:44]

Could not agree more, but this is a totally different message to your OP.
Bury fc on 07:00 - May 21 with 4575 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

The first fundraiser totted up 6,475 quid in the first two weeks. The second currently stands at 1,310 quid after 17 days.

Tough ask, I wonder if it is the same people giving time and again.
Bury fc on 08:31 - May 21 with 4418 viewsSuddenLad

Bury fc on 07:00 - May 21 by Albert_Whitehurst

The first fundraiser totted up 6,475 quid in the first two weeks. The second currently stands at 1,310 quid after 17 days.

Tough ask, I wonder if it is the same people giving time and again.

Hard to tell, of course, but despite the undoubted generosity of many Gigglers, it's clear from those figures that their generosity is waning as time goes by. Maybe they think a buyer is on the horizon and he can sort it out.

Doubtless, those worst affected will be (rightly) turning to the welfare benefit system to ease their plight, whilst probably seeking employment elsewhere. I hope they can find alternative employment and put this sorry episode behind them.

The whole set up down there is a moral junkyard. Utter disgrace. The EFL are spineless and should have acted long ago and prevented this situation from ever reaching this point.

If there is no enquiry into this sh*tshow, there will never be one anywhere.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 8:48]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bury fc on 08:48 - May 21 with 4369 viewsEllDale

The least that should happen is that Day is disqualified from being a director anywhere for a long period of time.
And the PFA and EFL should be donating to the fund for the staff members, especially the former who have money swilling around in their bank accounts.
Bury fc on 09:22 - May 21 with 4311 viewselectricblue

Bury fc on 22:38 - May 20 by Molly

Could not agree more, but this is a totally different message to your OP.

At the time i was really angry about it all...
And im still angry by it....

Bury fc on 09:26 - May 21 with 4305 viewsMass_Debater

Bury fc on 09:22 - May 21 by electricblue

At the time i was really angry about it all...
And im still angry by it....

Course you are...
Bury fc on 14:30 - May 21 with 3908 viewsaleanddale

Bury fc on 08:31 - May 21 by SuddenLad

Hard to tell, of course, but despite the undoubted generosity of many Gigglers, it's clear from those figures that their generosity is waning as time goes by. Maybe they think a buyer is on the horizon and he can sort it out.

Doubtless, those worst affected will be (rightly) turning to the welfare benefit system to ease their plight, whilst probably seeking employment elsewhere. I hope they can find alternative employment and put this sorry episode behind them.

The whole set up down there is a moral junkyard. Utter disgrace. The EFL are spineless and should have acted long ago and prevented this situation from ever reaching this point.

If there is no enquiry into this sh*tshow, there will never be one anywhere.
[Post edited 21 May 2019 8:48]

The whole set up down there is a moral Junkyard.

Sudden you wordsmith take a bow. Summed up perfectly in 10 words.
Bury fc on 21:32 - May 21 with 3472 viewsmikehunt

And saying they should be dropped a couple of leagues or whatever is also a kick in the teeth for EVERY team, whatever division they are in. They should be booted out of football full stop! Then made to re-apply at the very bottom of the pyramid. This, at least, gives the fans a team to support if membership is granted: so not necessarily the complete death of a club.
I remember the debate about Luton at the time and that they should be kicked directly into the Conference. The Conference said, what makes you think we want them?!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bury fc on 09:13 - May 22 with 3110 viewsDaleFan7

Bury fc on 21:32 - May 21 by mikehunt

And saying they should be dropped a couple of leagues or whatever is also a kick in the teeth for EVERY team, whatever division they are in. They should be booted out of football full stop! Then made to re-apply at the very bottom of the pyramid. This, at least, gives the fans a team to support if membership is granted: so not necessarily the complete death of a club.
I remember the debate about Luton at the time and that they should be kicked directly into the Conference. The Conference said, what makes you think we want them?!

Non-league are a lot better at dealing with financial cheats than the EFL are. The EFL have no backbone.
Bury fc on 11:59 - May 22 with 2959 viewsParkinsGimp

Bury fc on 09:13 - May 22 by DaleFan7

Non-league are a lot better at dealing with financial cheats than the EFL are. The EFL have no backbone.

Are they? Fylde , Salford? Having said that they did sort Colne out.
Bury fc on 13:31 - May 22 with 2830 viewsSuddenLad

Bury fc on 11:59 - May 22 by ParkinsGimp

I think that there are differences between the rules for EFL and the Conference. I'm sure those clubs will be on the radar, as they must adapt now that they are EFL clubs.

That might be a problem for them, but they won't have a choice.........

Bury fc on 19:27 - May 22 with 2619 viewsCleedale

See that the latest twist is a 'sort of' alleged letter from the players in an attempt to get dale to resign? (NB small letters)!

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/34474-players-statement/

Could, in theory, backfire?
Bury fc on 19:46 - May 22 with 2547 viewselectricblue

Sell up they are asking.....
Surely he can afford to lose the £ he paid for the club....

The sad state of affairs is with stewie day.....

Bury fc on 18:30 - May 23 with 2138 viewsblackdogblue

Never worked out how to add links from an I phone but nice article on Twitter about the Dale Silver 60”s day out on a steam train starting from Bury.

Heard they had to dodge 20 people shaking Bury FC buckets for loose change on the way from the bus terminus.

Bury fc on 18:37 - May 23 with 2116 viewsSuddenLad

Granada Reports claims that all staff will be paid tomorrow, but that the crisis is deepening every day with the interest on outstanding loans rising at 'a crippling rate'. That's EVERY day.

Bottomless pit of debt, from which there will be no escape.

Bury fc on 20:42 - May 23 with 1971 viewsDaleiLama

Bury fc on 19:27 - May 22 by Cleedale

See that the latest twist is a 'sort of' alleged letter from the players in an attempt to get dale to resign? (NB small letters)!

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/34474-players-statement/

Could, in theory, backfire?

It must be from one or more players ……. they referenced themselves "as players" 4 times.

Fans would have called themselves fans and anyone else connected with the club would have been football people surely?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bury fc on 18:32 - May 24 with 1516 viewsfermin

Bury fc on 11:59 - May 22 by ParkinsGimp

Try this:

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/27058/gateshead-suspended-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024