Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have i got news for you 08:20 - May 26 with 2491 viewsfrenzied

If anyone saw this on Friday on TV..

There was a small item where a book written by Steve Bruce..a crime thriller got a slating...it did sound dreadful..

Can anyone think of any other footballer has written anything apart from their own career memoirs?
Have i got news for you on 08:24 - May 26 with 2474 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Former Man City and Dale player Ian Bishop wrote childrens books. He was a good cartoonist apparently.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Have i got news for you on 09:05 - May 26 with 2389 viewsVivaDonaldo

It wasn't just one book by Bruce, think he did 3 or 4 in the same series.

The "quickly Kevin will he score" 90s football podcast with Josh Widdecombe has a couple of episodes dedicated to them.

Well worth a listen on a long journey.
Have i got news for you on 09:14 - May 26 with 2367 viewsdeeplishblue

Terry venables co wrote some detective stories which were made into a TV series called Hazel.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Have i got news for you on 09:19 - May 26 with 2349 views442Dale

https://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/

This is a great read, especially the focus on shoehorning his bitterness around not playing for England into the plot. Also, look at the prices of the books!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Have i got news for you on 09:57 - May 26 with 2279 viewsYadHoDale

Julian Sturgis, who played in the winning FA Cup Final for Wanderers in 1873, became a poet, novelist and librettist, being particularly noted for his libretto for Arthur Sullivan's opera "Ivanhoe".

Being born in Boston, Massachusets, and not obtaining British Nationality until 1877, he was therefore the first American (and first foreign player) to play in an FA Cup Final.
Have i got news for you on 14:28 - May 26 with 2091 viewschalky_ncfc

Have i got news for you on 09:57 - May 26 by YadHoDale

Julian Sturgis, who played in the winning FA Cup Final for Wanderers in 1873, became a poet, novelist and librettist, being particularly noted for his libretto for Arthur Sullivan's opera "Ivanhoe".

Being born in Boston, Massachusets, and not obtaining British Nationality until 1877, he was therefore the first American (and first foreign player) to play in an FA Cup Final.

After reading that post I thought that I would have a quick look at the team that played that day and noticed that they also had a Reverend play as well,can't be many times that has happened,what I didn't realise was that Wanderers had a bye straight through to the final being the previous years winners with the other teams battling to play in the final game

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Have i got news for you on 17:13 - May 26 with 1980 viewskiwidale

Have i got news for you on 14:28 - May 26 by chalky_ncfc

After reading that post I thought that I would have a quick look at the team that played that day and noticed that they also had a Reverend play as well,can't be many times that has happened,what I didn't realise was that Wanderers had a bye straight through to the final being the previous years winners with the other teams battling to play in the final game

A bye to the FA cup final final your joking? that kind of devalues the FA cup. I heard Bury's torturous path to the finals was two games of crib and a coin toss.

This is not the time for bickering.

Have i got news for you on 18:56 - May 26 with 1873 viewsnumber30

Have i got news for you on 17:13 - May 26 by kiwidale

A bye to the FA cup final final your joking? that kind of devalues the FA cup. I heard Bury's torturous path to the finals was two games of crib and a coin toss.

Was supposed to be a coin toss but they couldn't find a coin so ended up as an IOU note toss
Login to get fewer ads

Have i got news for you on 21:16 - May 26 with 1775 viewsDalenet

Frank Lampard has been writing children's books for years. He has made a good additional income from it
Have i got news for you on 21:34 - May 26 with 1755 viewspioneer

Have i got news for you on 17:13 - May 26 by kiwidale

It was originally the FA Chalenge Cup with the previous winners being ‘challenged’ by the best of the rest, the wiiners of a knock out tournament to earn the right to chalenge for the trophy.

One of the early stars of the FA Cup was Lord Kinnear. He not only played in the final and won winners medals but also refereed.

There is a story about his mother discussing him with oneof his team mates. She expressed concern that him playing footy might end up in a broken leg. His teamate reassured her that if it did it wouldnt be his own.
Have i got news for you on 21:41 - May 26 with 1739 viewsDaleiLama

Don't know if any ex-players have been involved in the production of accounts, but the balance sheets from Gigg Lane have been works of fiction for years now.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Have i got news for you on 22:54 - May 26 with 1666 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Have i got news for you on 21:41 - May 26 by DaleiLama

Don't know if any ex-players have been involved in the production of accounts, but the balance sheets from Gigg Lane have been works of fiction for years now.

How to Win Friends and Influence People (yer set of literate prawn sandwich munching feckers) by Roy Keane aged 53 and a turd.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Have i got news for you on 23:00 - May 26 with 1656 viewskiwidale

Have i got news for you on 21:34 - May 26 by pioneer

It was originally the FA Chalenge Cup with the previous winners being ‘challenged’ by the best of the rest, the wiiners of a knock out tournament to earn the right to chalenge for the trophy.

One of the early stars of the FA Cup was Lord Kinnear. He not only played in the final and won winners medals but also refereed.

There is a story about his mother discussing him with oneof his team mates. She expressed concern that him playing footy might end up in a broken leg. His teamate reassured her that if it did it wouldnt be his own.

It just gets sillier. Roy Kinnear was too fat to play football and wasn't much cop as a jockey but if he did play in a cup final and also reffed the game no wonder he won a cup winners medal... Total farce.

This is not the time for bickering.

Have i got news for you on 05:41 - May 27 with 1523 viewsfrenzied

Have i got news for you on 09:19 - May 26 by 442Dale

https://thesetpieces.com/features/sweeper-steve-bruce-review/

This is a great read, especially the focus on shoehorning his bitterness around not playing for England into the plot. Also, look at the prices of the books!

That is an awful piece of writing...and the cover!!..crikey!!
Have i got news for you on 05:42 - May 27 with 1522 viewsfrenzied

Have i got news for you on 09:14 - May 26 by deeplishblue

Terry venables co wrote some detective stories which were made into a TV series called Hazel.

James Hazel..that does bring back some memories
Have i got news for you on 06:56 - May 27 with 1499 viewspioneer

Have i got news for you on 23:00 - May 26 by kiwidale

It just gets sillier. Roy Kinnear was too fat to play football and wasn't much cop as a jockey but if he did play in a cup final and also reffed the game no wonder he won a cup winners medal... Total farce.

Apologies...it was Lord Kinnaird I think not (Roy) Kinear!

known as twofo to his mates cos whenever he was asked to do anything he always said it was twofo Kinnaird.

probably ended up on the board at Gigg Lane
Have i got news for you on 07:23 - May 27 with 1479 viewsDaley_Lama

Have i got news for you on 21:16 - May 26 by Dalenet

Frank Lampard has been writing children's books for years. He has made a good additional income from it

I think it is as likely that Frank wrote his series of books himself as it is of a boy having a magical football that transports him through time and space.

Poll: DF in or out

Have i got news for you on 19:30 - May 28 with 1159 viewsfinberty

Saw the item on HIGNFY. Seemed to be a diversion into the merits of north country reservoirs and their ability to gather rainwater. It all seemed so bizarre that for a moment I considered getting hold of a copy.

Then I remembered it was Steve Bruce and decided not to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024