Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players out 19:47 - May 30 with 10656 viewsisitme

With finances being tight and most of the players out of contract being offered new deals there appear to be little scope to make many signing, unless some of those who are currently under contract are moved on. Any ideas who might, or who you would like to go?

Gilliam does not look to have developed over the past two seasons and probably needs a couple of seasons of non league football. Tavares could probably fill his role as the development forward who could appear in the Checkatrade games and at a push spot bench duty.

With McNulty and possibly Nithle we could have too many left sided centre backs which could see Delaney as the odd man out. After a half decent first season he looked okay, but his performance last year left a lot to be desired. Maybe a bit of time out of the starting line up and a good preseason could see him build up his confidence and form.

This brings me onto Andrew, who will run through a brick wall, but is just not enough of a goal threat. He is rumoured to be on a decent wage, which could be useful for a different type of forward, unless he is being reinvented as another left sided defender!

The only player who might bring in some money would be Camps. The quality is there for him to play at a higher level, but again he was someone who appeared to stagnate under Hill. Would a club higher up the food chain be prepared to shell out a fee and sign him?
Players out on 21:56 - May 30 with 6316 viewsChaffRAFC

As I've mentioned a few times, Wilbraham and Done not signing new deals will be a good start.

I would personally aim to move Andrew and Delaney on. Delaney has had an awful past 12 months. He's been at fault for so many goals by not picking his man up and I'm not convinced you're gonna be able to coach that into him.

By the same token, my heart sank a little hearing that McNulty had another year (albeit unannounced by the club). As well as he did at the back end of the season, he's not played well for the season up to that point and didn't have a great season last season. He's probably handy to have around the dressing room like Calvin and Wilbraham but when they're on decent money, they need to be more than old heads and they need to contribute and none of them have contributed enough and are big part players in us having struggled so much in the past two seasons.

Gillam has proven to not be quite good enough, couldn't break into Cork's side in his loan spell and offered very little in our side apart from a goal away at Scunthorpe (a game Wilbraham should have won for us I might add!).

We saved money, or at least clawed some back in January in selling McGahey, Rafferty and Cannon and letting Perkins and Moore go but I'd have prefered the one's mentioned above to have gone way before any of the ones that did!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Players out on 22:11 - May 30 with 6293 viewssouthealingdale

I think it is time for Andrew to move on. We saw from Wilbraham's performances after BBM took charge what he can offer (should he sign).
We do not need both of them.

Camps is intriguing. From what I see of him he has all the ability but not enough of an engine to play higher - runs out of gas in the last quarter.

Agree on Gillam, not developed - move him on and give the youth team players recently given a contract a go.

Budget key to decisions -

The stats suggest that we need more incisiveness from midfield - 2nd in division possession but create little -

@upthedale on Twitter

Players out on 01:04 - May 31 with 6172 viewsShun

Players out on 22:11 - May 30 by southealingdale

I think it is time for Andrew to move on. We saw from Wilbraham's performances after BBM took charge what he can offer (should he sign).

Camps is intriguing. From what I see of him he has all the ability but not enough of an engine to play higher - runs out of gas in the last quarter.

Agree on Gillam, not developed - move him on and give the youth team players recently given a contract a go.

The stats suggest that we need more incisiveness from midfield - 2nd in division possession but create little -

Whatā€™s xG? Iā€™m surprised our shots figures are so low given that for goals scored we were pretty mid-table - I suppose that just shows how clinical Henderson is.

That possession stat is insane!
Players out on 04:49 - May 31 with 6138 viewsrichfoad32

Players out on 22:11 - May 30 by southealingdale

Yeah great, let's 'move them on'. Any idea who wants them? If they want to be 'moved on'? Shall we pay them up and let them go on frees?
Players out on 08:09 - May 31 with 6003 viewsTVOS1907

Players out on 01:04 - May 31 by Shun

Whatā€™s xG? Iā€™m surprised our shots figures are so low given that for goals scored we were pretty mid-table - I suppose that just shows how clinical Henderson is.

That possession stat is insane!

Expected goals.

https://www.optasports.com/services/analytics/advanced-metrics/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Players out on 08:15 - May 31 with 5994 viewsDaleFan7

Just shows for all the 'pretty football' we played, especially under Hill. It was as expected, just us keeping the ball and doing absolutely bugger all with it.
Players out on 08:21 - May 31 with 5974 viewsisitme

Players out on 04:49 - May 31 by richfoad32

Yeah great, let's 'move them on'. Any idea who wants them? If they want to be 'moved on'? Shall we pay them up and let them go on frees?

It's all hypothetical to promote discussion, as as you quite rightly say who would sign them and would they go? It takes two to tango!

If a player is not going to feature they may prefer a greater chance of playing elsewhere.
Players out on 08:45 - May 31 with 5937 viewsCreepy

Interesting when you look into those figures.

Our wage budget for 2018 was 3.18 million. The budget shown for Bristol Rovers is 5.63 million. In 2017, their wage budget was double that of ours.

Just shows what we are up against when trying to attract players to the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Players out on 09:04 - May 31 with 5899 viewsKenBoon

Losing Ā£19k a week. For all the mocking of other clubs and heralding of ourselves, without transfer fees and cup runs we're hardly in great health. The club have continually failed to maximize match day revenue (increase attendances not prices). Maybe that's why fans are being ripped off again with so-called booking fees when using online ticketing.
Players out on 09:32 - May 31 with 5840 viewsD_Alien

Players out on 09:04 - May 31 by KenBoon

Losing Ā£19k a week. For all the mocking of other clubs and heralding of ourselves, without transfer fees and cup runs we're hardly in great health. The club have continually failed to maximize match day revenue (increase attendances not prices). Maybe that's why fans are being ripped off again with so-called booking fees when using online ticketing.

Fans being ripped off? Seriously?

ST prices are incredible value. Have a word with yourself

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Players out on 09:44 - May 31 with 5818 viewsTVOS1907

Players out on 09:04 - May 31 by KenBoon

Which clubs donā€™t lose money?

The difference is in trying to minimise those losses, starting with not over-spending unnecessarily.

Thatā€™s why the phrase ā€œheralding of ourselvesā€ is a little disappointing.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Players out on 11:01 - May 31 with 5679 viewsDaleiLama

Players out on 09:32 - May 31 by D_Alien

I confess to having some sympathy with Ken's comment.

Your comment on vfm for STs is absolutely spot on.

On the other hand, there were supposed to be no booking fees (as I understood it) this year on STs, due to the fact that they weren't on sale until after the last game of the season.

From the Trust meeting

"In terms of impacting on Dale supporters, there was an acknowledgement that as a club, we donā€™t have a history of supporters buying tickets in advance, for both home and away fixtures. As such, the club were looking to scrap all telephone / internet charges for all tickets for collection from next season. There is a genuine desire to make the purchase of tickets more accessible, and the club are looking at the possibility of selling tickets in the club shop and away from the ground.
We queried the date that season tickets go on sale being after the end of the season, meaning that supporters would have to visit Spotland or pay an additional charge. The change to telephone and internet charges would help alleviate this, and there is no cost to have season tickets delivered this season."

When I rang to renew, I was told I would be charged and when I quoted this message, a Director who was present confirmed there was still a charge.

I challenged this with our new CEO by e-mail on the 14th of May. I sent him a polite reminder on 17th of May. Still heard nothing.

As it happens, I had to go up to Rammy on business and made a detour via the ticket office on the way home. It's not something I'll be doing next year if this isn't fixed by then (as promised).

I get that Ticketmaster (shysters) can add whatever booking fee they like on to a concert that is 100x oversold and people will/have to pay it. But can a small L1 club afford to do this to loyal fans? A fee to give the club the ST money 3+ months before a ball is kicked? It's a snidey surcharge which disadvantages non-locals. It needs to end. This is the 21st century FFS. Get systems in which don't involve fleecing customers.

OK, rant over. Like I said, most of what we as a club do is good, but that doesn't mean to say there aren't still things which need fixing.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Players out on 11:10 - May 31 with 5653 viewsDaleiLama

Players out on 08:15 - May 31 by DaleFan7

Just shows for all the 'pretty football' we played, especially under Hill. It was as expected, just us keeping the ball and doing absolutely bugger all with it.

Were you against "pretty football" when we were promoted then finished 8th, 10th and 9th in L1? We seemed to score quite a few goals in this campaigns. Just curious.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Players out on 11:44 - May 31 with 5581 viewsD_Alien

Players out on 11:01 - May 31 by DaleiLama

On the other hand, there were supposed to be no booking fees (as I understood it) this year on STs, due to the fact that they weren't on sale until after the last game of the season.

From the Trust meeting

"In terms of impacting on Dale supporters, there was an acknowledgement that as a club, we donā€™t have a history of supporters buying tickets in advance, for both home and away fixtures. As such, the club were looking to scrap all telephone / internet charges for all tickets for collection from next season. There is a genuine desire to make the purchase of tickets more accessible, and the club are looking at the possibility of selling tickets in the club shop and away from the ground.
We queried the date that season tickets go on sale being after the end of the season, meaning that supporters would have to visit Spotland or pay an additional charge. The change to telephone and internet charges would help alleviate this, and there is no cost to have season tickets delivered this season."

When I rang to renew, I was told I would be charged and when I quoted this message, a Director who was present confirmed there was still a charge.

I challenged this with our new CEO by e-mail on the 14th of May. I sent him a polite reminder on 17th of May. Still heard nothing.

As it happens, I had to go up to Rammy on business and made a detour via the ticket office on the way home. It's not something I'll be doing next year if this isn't fixed by then (as promised).

I get that Ticketmaster (shysters) can add whatever booking fee they like on to a concert that is 100x oversold and people will/have to pay it. But can a small L1 club afford to do this to loyal fans? A fee to give the club the ST money 3+ months before a ball is kicked? It's a snidey surcharge which disadvantages non-locals. It needs to end. This is the 21st century FFS. Get systems in which don't involve fleecing customers.

OK, rant over. Like I said, most of what we as a club do is good, but that doesn't mean to say there aren't still things which need fixing.

Of course the online booking fee should be scrapped, especially when it's been promised by the club, but to use the phrase "ripped off" in the same breath as referring to buying a ST which means watching L1 football at just over Ā£8 a game is a nonsense

Players out on 12:01 - May 31 with 5539 views442Dale

Players out on 11:01 - May 31 by DaleiLama

From the Trust meeting

Could the Trust follow up on this and report back to members/supporters?

Also, could there be some information around timescales on when weā€™ll hear back around the other issues raised at the meeting between the Trust and the club: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/05/minutes-from-meeting-with-directors/

Thereā€™s no need to list them all here as those requiring follow up information are all mentioned in the link, but worth highlighting one: making Spotland an Asset of Community Value. Itā€™s mentioned that the application is ā€œis currently being processedā€. When are we likely to know this process has been completed?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Players out on 13:15 - May 31 with 5416 viewsKenBoon

Players out on 09:32 - May 31 by D_Alien

I meant being ripped off with booking fees. There should be no booking fees (we didn't charge last season). Next season we're charging more for paying on the day to encourage paying ahead of time, yet that discount could be ate up by a booking fee. People will want to buy their tickets online and if the club charge a booking-fee then it's a rip off. More and more places are moving to cashless and contactless. Getting the majority of fans to buy early makes sense because the club can better estimate the amount of pies and such to buy. They shouldn't be charging more for this. It reminds me of the olden days when record companies charged more for CD's even though they were significantly cheaper to manufacture than vinyl and cassette.
Players out on 13:23 - May 31 with 5394 viewsD_Alien

Players out on 13:15 - May 31 by KenBoon

I meant being ripped off with booking fees. There should be no booking fees (we didn't charge last season). Next season we're charging more for paying on the day to encourage paying ahead of time, yet that discount could be ate up by a booking fee. People will want to buy their tickets online and if the club charge a booking-fee then it's a rip off. More and more places are moving to cashless and contactless. Getting the majority of fans to buy early makes sense because the club can better estimate the amount of pies and such to buy. They shouldn't be charging more for this. It reminds me of the olden days when record companies charged more for CD's even though they were significantly cheaper to manufacture than vinyl and cassette.

Compared with the cost of STs a couple of years ago, what percentage of the current ST saving would be "ate up" with a booking fee?

Agree that booking fees themselves a nonsense now, but the concept of being "ripped off" in that context is a non-starter

Players out on 13:33 - May 31 with 5367 viewsKenBoon

Players out on 13:23 - May 31 by D_Alien

Compared with the cost of STs a couple of years ago, what percentage of the current ST saving would be "ate up" with a booking fee?

Agree that booking fees themselves a nonsense now, but the concept of being "ripped off" in that context is a non-starter

Any booking fee is being ripped off. 1p booking fee would be a rip off. If they're doing it for season tickets they'll do it on match tickets. Ones that are supposedly discounted from paying on the day, yet to actually get the full discount you'll need to get up to the club (between 9 and 5) and buy.

But yes Ā£200 for a season ticket with a good view and access to a warm bar (with a kids club before the game) is exceptional value. Just scrap the booking fees.
Players out on 14:11 - May 31 with 5303 viewsD_Alien

Players out on 13:33 - May 31 by KenBoon

Any booking fee is being ripped off. 1p booking fee would be a rip off. If they're doing it for season tickets they'll do it on match tickets. Ones that are supposedly discounted from paying on the day, yet to actually get the full discount you'll need to get up to the club (between 9 and 5) and buy.

But yes Ā£200 for a season ticket with a good view and access to a warm bar (with a kids club before the game) is exceptional value. Just scrap the booking fees.

Your use of "rip off" is a challenge to the English language then, rather than the club

The implication that the club is trying - deliberately - to rip people off (and how else might they do that than deliberately?) whilst affording them a major discount is simply nonsense, and there's no getting away from it

Players out on 14:50 - May 31 with 5215 viewsKenBoon

Players out on 14:11 - May 31 by D_Alien

Your use of "rip off" is a challenge to the English language then, rather than the club

The implication that the club is trying - deliberately - to rip people off (and how else might they do that than deliberately?) whilst affording them a major discount is simply nonsense, and there's no getting away from it

Online booking fees should not be charged on season tickets and if they add them to individual tickets then it makes the matchday price hike just a price hike. To charge them is a rip-off. I'm sorry you cannot differentiate between the cost of something and an additional fee being added for selling it online. We managed to not charge a so-called booking fee last season. What changed? If the Ā£2.50 is so important then advertise the price as Ā£202.50 and charge that price to everyone.
Players out on 15:04 - May 31 with 5176 viewsD_Alien

Players out on 14:50 - May 31 by KenBoon

Online booking fees should not be charged on season tickets and if they add them to individual tickets then it makes the matchday price hike just a price hike. To charge them is a rip-off. I'm sorry you cannot differentiate between the cost of something and an additional fee being added for selling it online. We managed to not charge a so-called booking fee last season. What changed? If the Ā£2.50 is so important then advertise the price as Ā£202.50 and charge that price to everyone.

Not as sorry as i am that in your confused attempt to implicate the club in a "rip-off scandal" you not only can't see the wood for the trees but have actually ruined your own point by implying that someone being charged a booking fee whilst buying a ST is being "ripped off"

And yes, i know the booking fee might apply to other tickets too. There is therefore, a valid point to be made but not in the context of buying a ST, which costs Ā£200 for certain sections of the ground or significantly less in the Sandy, not Ā£202.50

The club should waiver online booking fees

There, i've made the point for you

[Post edited 31 May 2019 15:06]

Players out on 15:32 - May 31 with 5108 viewsKenBoon

Players out on 15:04 - May 31 by D_Alien

Not as sorry as i am that in your confused attempt to implicate the club in a "rip-off scandal" you not only can't see the wood for the trees but have actually ruined your own point by implying that someone being charged a booking fee whilst buying a ST is being "ripped off"

And yes, i know the booking fee might apply to other tickets too. There is therefore, a valid point to be made but not in the context of buying a ST, which costs Ā£200 for certain sections of the ground or significantly less in the Sandy, not Ā£202.50

The club should waiver online booking fees

There, i've made the point for you

[Post edited 31 May 2019 15:06]

"rip-off scandal"?
My actual quote:
"Maybe that's why fans are being ripped off again with so-called booking fees when using online ticketing"
Get a job at buzzfeed.

The cost of the product is meaningless. I was talking about booking fees being a rip-off. You should not be charged for booking. I think you quite understand I was quoting the price of an adult/senior in one stand. I could go through each stand at each age range but that'd be a waste of everyone's time (this conversation is a total waste of time tbh). If you have an issue with the term "rip-off" then we can go with unfair, unjustifiable, unnecessary, misleading (its not advertised) but tbh you knew what I meant.
Players out on 15:42 - May 31 with 5078 viewsJames1980

How many season tickets have been purchased online?
It could be the cost of getting to the ticket office actually outweighs the admin fee for the majority of online purchasers.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Players out on 15:49 - May 31 with 5056 viewssykeboy

Players out on 15:42 - May 31 by James1980

How many season tickets have been purchased online?
It could be the cost of getting to the ticket office actually outweighs the admin fee for the majority of online purchasers.

Iā€™m a out of towner and was charged Ā£2.50 to renew over the phone and Ā£3 to receive my ticket by post , very disappointing DaveĆ°Åøā€˜Å½
Players out on 15:55 - May 31 with 5030 viewsKenBoon

Players out on 15:49 - May 31 by sykeboy

Iā€™m a out of towner and was charged Ā£2.50 to renew over the phone and Ā£3 to receive my ticket by post , very disappointing DaveĆ°Åøā€˜Å½

Does anyone know if they charge the Ā£2.50 for in-person sales (when paying with either card or cash)?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024