Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heritage numbers 22:47 - Jun 5 with 3085 viewsVivaDonaldo

Thought this was a great idea from Bradford, similar to the English Cricket numbering system.

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/bantams-to-carry-heritage-number

Anyone feel like doing the required research to compile a Dale list?
Heritage numbers on 07:55 - Jun 6 with 2914 viewsEllDale

This is an idea copied from cricket and rugby league - even Hornets have their own Heritage list with a unique number for every player who has played in the first team.
I'm all for it.
Heritage numbers on 11:25 - Jun 6 with 2758 viewsboromat

Would lead the way to lots of collectable merchandise.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Heritage numbers on 13:28 - Jun 6 with 2640 viewsTVOS1907

If it's something the club ever decided to pursue, I'd be able to produce the list of names at the touch of an Excel button.

I think it's an excellent idea.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Heritage numbers on 13:43 - Jun 6 with 2609 viewsD_Alien

Heritage numbers on 13:28 - Jun 6 by TVOS1907

If it's something the club ever decided to pursue, I'd be able to produce the list of names at the touch of an Excel button.

I agree, but whatever happened to the drop of a hat? Haven't you got one?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Heritage numbers on 13:44 - Jun 6 with 2603 viewsjudd

Heritage numbers on 13:43 - Jun 6 by D_Alien

Are you using cockney rhyming slang?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Heritage numbers on 13:53 - Jun 6 with 2583 viewsTVOS1907

Heritage numbers on 13:43 - Jun 6 by D_Alien

Yeah, but it's been put away for the summer.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Heritage numbers on 14:11 - Jun 6 with 2555 viewsD_Alien

Heritage numbers on 13:44 - Jun 6 by judd

Are you using cockney rhyming slang?

Nah, get's on my titfer

Heritage numbers on 14:13 - Jun 6 with 2546 viewsD_Alien

Heritage numbers on 13:53 - Jun 6 by TVOS1907

Yeah, but it's been put away for the summer.

Good chapeau

Login to get fewer ads

Heritage numbers on 17:59 - Jun 6 with 2433 viewsRAFCBLUE

Heritage numbers on 13:28 - Jun 6 by TVOS1907

How many players have we used in our history TVOS, vs the Bradford 1,300?

Gut feel says a lot more remembering a lot short term journeymen passing through vs stable squads at Bradford.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Heritage numbers on 20:38 - Jun 6 with 2330 viewsTVOS1907

Heritage numbers on 17:59 - Jun 6 by RAFCBLUE

How many players have we used in our history TVOS, vs the Bradford 1,300?

Gut feel says a lot more remembering a lot short term journeymen passing through vs stable squads at Bradford.

Remarkably, It looks to be 1300 exactly, made up of 321 pre-War and 979 post-War.

However, there is some confusion over some of the players from the 20s & 30s who share similar surnames, such as Wood/Woods, as to whether they were different players or if their names have become confused over time and it's the same man.

My list includes players who have appeared for us in any first team competition since we became a league club in 1921, so there are some who have featured in the cups, but not the league and vice-versa.

If the club ever pursued it, I'd do a more detailed and accurate search to get the figures spot on, as it would be so important.

Heritage numbers on 07:59 - Jun 7 with 2200 viewsfermin

Heritage numbers on 20:38 - Jun 6 by TVOS1907

Remarkably, It looks to be 1300 exactly, made up of 321 pre-War and 979 post-War.

However, there is some confusion over some of the players from the 20s & 30s who share similar surnames, such as Wood/Woods, as to whether they were different players or if their names have become confused over time and it's the same man.

My list includes players who have appeared for us in any first team competition since we became a league club in 1921, so there are some who have featured in the cups, but not the league and vice-versa.

If the club ever pursued it, I'd do a more detailed and accurate search to get the figures spot on, as it would be so important.

Would you not need to go back to 1907?

I see Bradford do not have this problem as they were voted into the League immediately after founding in 1903. In fact it was the reason the club changed code from Rugby League to football.
Heritage numbers on 08:40 - Jun 7 with 2164 viewsTVOS1907

Heritage numbers on 07:59 - Jun 7 by fermin

Would you not need to go back to 1907?

I see Bradford do not have this problem as they were voted into the League immediately after founding in 1903. In fact it was the reason the club changed code from Rugby League to football.

Dunno, you could start the list wherever you decided. I just thought starting when we became a league club was more sensible and easier to trace.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024