Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI as things stand. 16:57 - Jun 9 with 5109 viewsYadHoDale

Had a quick look at the released list, and also who's still contracted. As nobody offered a new contract has accepted as yet (as far as I know), the following team appears to pick itself! In a 4-2-3-1 formation:

Lillis
McLaughlin
Williams
McNulty
Delaney
Camps
Adshead
Dooley
Gillam
Andrew
Henderson

Subs:
Matheson
Collis?
BBM
Bradley*
Hopper*
Hoti*
Tavares*
(*I'm assuming the four young lads will sign on)

Priority signings for me are a solid, experienced, Right-sided Centre Back; a left back; a defensive midfielder; a goalscoring forward.

Some of the gaps will no-doubt be filled by lads agreeing to their new deals - Rathbone and Ntlhe both look more than useful, while Keohane looked a reliable and versatile player at the tail end of last season. And I think Matt Done - if not wasted at left back - could grab some goals to take the pressure off Hendo. We don't, however, have a right-sided CB among those offered contracts - for me this would be a priority.
Starting XI as things stand. on 17:45 - Jun 9 with 4999 viewsmacro

All been very quiet as it stands. Has to be more friendlies to announce. With the kit launch next weekend I expect new deals and signings (maybe) to start to appear this coming week.
Starting XI as things stand. on 18:40 - Jun 9 with 4887 viewsseasidedale

I just have this feeling that there will be no new signing if all out of contracts sign, think we will only sign new players if they don’t sign maybe on a 2 out 1 in basis
Starting XI as things stand. on 19:36 - Jun 9 with 4780 viewsfitzochris

Starting XI as things stand. on 18:40 - Jun 9 by seasidedale

I just have this feeling that there will be no new signing if all out of contracts sign, think we will only sign new players if they don’t sign maybe on a 2 out 1 in basis

Not the case. Areas for strengthening have been identified regardless of who signs and who doesn’t. However, getting the right players in will be the challenge.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Starting XI as things stand. on 08:22 - Jun 10 with 4380 viewsscarrow

They'll be new signings. Left back for a start. I'd prefer 3 or 4 good ones rather than a scatter gun approach and 8 mediocre ones.

Poll: Final position

Starting XI as things stand. on 12:35 - Jun 10 with 4259 viewsboromat

With BBM saying he wants a smaller squad I don't think we'll see a lot of new players if all players sign their contracts. I predict we'll sign 3 players Bunney, a right centre back, a striker. And that'll be it, any more will be loan players and will only come in if the younger players like Morley and Adshead still aren't looking ready.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Starting XI as things stand. on 17:46 - Jun 10 with 4045 viewsYadHoDale

Starting XI as things stand. on 12:35 - Jun 10 by boromat

With BBM saying he wants a smaller squad I don't think we'll see a lot of new players if all players sign their contracts. I predict we'll sign 3 players Bunney, a right centre back, a striker. And that'll be it, any more will be loan players and will only come in if the younger players like Morley and Adshead still aren't looking ready.

I know he divides opinions on here, but Bunney isn't a bad shout. Especially if we play 3 at the back with wing backs.

Depending on how the soap opera at Gigg Lane goes on, I wouldn't be averse to acquiring Aimson from them - solid defender who pops up with the odd goal from corners, etc. Not moving far and getting paid on time might appeal.

Would also like Ethan Hamilton, if available,.
Starting XI as things stand. on 17:58 - Jun 10 with 4020 viewsSaxonDale

Starting XI as things stand. on 17:46 - Jun 10 by YadHoDale

I know he divides opinions on here, but Bunney isn't a bad shout. Especially if we play 3 at the back with wing backs.

Depending on how the soap opera at Gigg Lane goes on, I wouldn't be averse to acquiring Aimson from them - solid defender who pops up with the odd goal from corners, etc. Not moving far and getting paid on time might appeal.

Would also like Ethan Hamilton, if available,.

As much as I rated him in his first spell I'd be disappointed if we were to go in for Bunney. Too often last season teams targeted our left flank last season knowing that it was competition between the two worst full-backs in the league for that slot. Unfortunately his crossing hasn't returned to the quality he showed in his first 6 months of the position either- almost like he's got the yips in his feet.

I'd hope there were much better options available to us.
Starting XI as things stand. on 18:30 - Jun 10 with 3965 viewsisitme

Starting XI as things stand. on 19:36 - Jun 9 by fitzochris

Not the case. Areas for strengthening have been identified regardless of who signs and who doesn’t. However, getting the right players in will be the challenge.

You tease!
Login to get fewer ads

Starting XI as things stand. on 18:48 - Jun 10 with 3924 views1907

Starting XI as things stand. on 17:58 - Jun 10 by SaxonDale

As much as I rated him in his first spell I'd be disappointed if we were to go in for Bunney. Too often last season teams targeted our left flank last season knowing that it was competition between the two worst full-backs in the league for that slot. Unfortunately his crossing hasn't returned to the quality he showed in his first 6 months of the position either- almost like he's got the yips in his feet.

I'd hope there were much better options available to us.

Would much rather have Buchanan
Starting XI as things stand. on 21:41 - Jun 10 with 3725 viewsNorthernDale

I think we need 2 central defenders, a left back (I would say no to Bunney, he was obvious last season that he was not good enough at league 1, but I would not pass the club signing him back) and a striker ( some to score and take the burden of Hendo)

How many will be permanent and how many loan will be loan signings will be interesting.

I would like Hamilton back on loan, but will he give Adshead and Morley a chance in midfield and Gillam a chance up front to prove they have a future at the Dale.
Starting XI as things stand. on 12:43 - Jun 11 with 3405 viewsboromat

Can't imagine we'll get many new players in before 4th July if the players that still haven't signed contracts wait until the 30th June.

Starting XI as things stand. on 15:36 - Jun 11 with 3268 viewsBainesy15

Starting XI as things stand. on 21:41 - Jun 10 by NorthernDale

I think we need 2 central defenders, a left back (I would say no to Bunney, he was obvious last season that he was not good enough at league 1, but I would not pass the club signing him back) and a striker ( some to score and take the burden of Hendo)

How many will be permanent and how many loan will be loan signings will be interesting.

I would like Hamilton back on loan, but will he give Adshead and Morley a chance in midfield and Gillam a chance up front to prove they have a future at the Dale.

I'd love to see Adshead, Morley and Gillam given an extended run of starts in the league, give them a chance to make their mark
Starting XI as things stand. on 16:12 - Jun 11 with 3222 viewsChaffRAFC

Gillam has had opportunities and been poor.

If we're giving extended first team runs to the likes of Gillam, I don't see the season ending well.

We have to improve the squad, and improve it considerably.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Starting XI as things stand. on 17:12 - Jun 11 with 3171 views1907

Starting XI as things stand. on 15:36 - Jun 11 by Bainesy15

I'd love to see Adshead, Morley and Gillam given an extended run of starts in the league, give them a chance to make their mark

Literally couldn’t think of anything worse, sorry.

After spending 2 years narrowly avoiding relegation, flooding the team with kids isn’t going to improve things.

We need some players that are in their peak, 27, 28 etc...
Starting XI as things stand. on 18:20 - Jun 11 with 3076 viewsaleanddale

Starting XI as things stand. on 17:12 - Jun 11 by 1907

After spending 2 years narrowly avoiding relegation, flooding the team with kids isn’t going to improve things.

I am somewhere in the middle.

I think its just the extra 10% that the young lads need to find for them to make it.

Find that magic key and the footy world can be at there feet. Its do they want it enough?

To be honest I could ask the same question of some now senior players. A big year for some contracted players who need to find that extra spark that turns them from slightly below average league 1 players into very good ones.

I really hope we see some of these lads properly joining the party this season.
Starting XI as things stand. on 21:13 - Jun 11 with 2937 viewsMolly

Starting XI as things stand. on 17:12 - Jun 11 by 1907

Michael Simpkins was 27 when he was with us.
Starting XI as things stand. on 21:29 - Jun 11 with 2907 viewsMolly

George Donnelly was almost 27 when he left. Perhaps we should have kept him for another year?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 21:49]
Starting XI as things stand. on 22:35 - Jun 11 with 2812 viewsD_Alien

Starting XI as things stand. on 21:29 - Jun 11 by Molly

George Donnelly was almost 27 when he left. Perhaps we should have kept him for another year?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 21:49]

For every extra year Donnelly was here, we'd all have aged five

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Starting XI as things stand. on 11:31 - Jun 12 with 2565 viewssweetcorn

Bunney is a massive NO from me, we only signed him as a last minute panic loannee when Hill realised we couldnt get another left back.

Far better options out there, who may actually be able to defend.

I’d expect 5/6 signings this summer. I’d also hope we’re looking to move a few on as well.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Starting XI as things stand. on 17:48 - Jun 12 with 2408 viewsboromat

Felt compelled to share this tweet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024