Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One Wages etc. 09:40 - Jun 14 with 4094 viewsdale4ever

Some interesting figures on here

[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 10:10]
League One Wages etc. on 09:59 - Jun 14 with 4016 viewsfermin

Did we really pay £625,000 (left hand orange graph) to recruit our squad? Seems very high to me. Where does that come from?
League One Wages etc. on 10:59 - Jun 14 with 3897 viewsdawlishdale

League One Wages etc. on 09:59 - Jun 14 by fermin

Did we really pay £625,000 (left hand orange graph) to recruit our squad? Seems very high to me. Where does that come from?

it seems excessive to me. Can't think of anyone that we paid a fee for last season other than Jordan Williams, and that was thought to be itro £100k.

I do recall us paying some agents fees recently, which we have not done before, but still can't see £625,000 being accurate, which kind of throws doubt over the other charts. The only thing that's certain is that we will have had one of the smaller budgets in the league.
League One Wages etc. on 11:37 - Jun 14 with 3791 viewsjudd

"Bradford's appear to have been prepared by a 6 year old who'se eaten a lot of sweeties"

Jelly bean counter?

Poll: What is it to be then?

League One Wages etc. on 11:43 - Jun 14 with 3773 viewsDaleFan7

The one that really stands out for me is Scunthorpe. Lowest income in the league yet spent twice as much a year on wages as we did. 152% of their income on wages as opposed to teams like us, Shrewsbury and Walsall spending less than 60%.

How is that even allowed?
League One Wages etc. on 11:53 - Jun 14 with 3745 viewsDevonDale

League One Wages etc. on 09:59 - Jun 14 by fermin

No - he's got his figure wrong. Per the accounts it's actually £62.500!
League One Wages etc. on 12:19 - Jun 14 with 3684 views1907

He’s brilliant Kieran Mcguire
League One Wages etc. on 12:33 - Jun 14 with 3639 viewsSandyDrum

League One Wages etc. on 10:59 - Jun 14 by dawlishdale

it seems excessive to me. Can't think of anyone that we paid a fee for last season other than Jordan Williams, and that was thought to be itro £100k.

I do recall us paying some agents fees recently, which we have not done before, but still can't see £625,000 being accurate, which kind of throws doubt over the other charts. The only thing that's certain is that we will have had one of the smaller budgets in the league.

This was an error on his behalf, decimal place in the wrong place, oops!

Tweeted him and it's now fixed, great guy.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

League One Wages etc. on 19:52 - Jun 14 with 3065 viewsCleedale

League One Wages etc. on 11:43 - Jun 14 by DaleFan7

The one that really stands out for me is Scunthorpe. Lowest income in the league yet spent twice as much a year on wages as we did. 152% of their income on wages as opposed to teams like us, Shrewsbury and Walsall spending less than 60%.

How is that even allowed?

Think anything is possible in footie.

Remember an ex-chairman (not at Dale) talking about finances at clubs and mentioning how little was spent on infrastructure (often to the disgust/annoyance of supporters) because basically it all went on players/transfers. He went on about when new directors were accepted to a board...that the first thing asked was always..."how much are you bringing to the party then?"

Back to your Scunny comment. Could It be that their chairman has dipped in his pocket once or twice? The bit under Business makes interesting reading...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Swann
Login to get fewer ads

League One Wages etc. on 23:05 - Jun 14 with 2909 viewsdeeplishblue

Are those wage figures promised wages or paid wages?
For certain clubs there is a difference.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

League One Wages etc. on 10:52 - Jun 15 with 2629 viewsRAFCBLUE

It goes to show how well we have done relatively for the last five years.

I think if we had the data for every year it would show the similar themes of us being in the bottom 4/bottom 8 for the financials.

It's encouraging that we never spend more than 60% of our wages and looking at some of those deficits is truly frightening.

There are so many lower division clubs in hoc to their ownership, which as we are seeing down the road, can lead to a speedy demise should anything untoward happen to the owner.

Kieran McGuire is a really talented chap at presenting this sort of stuff.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

League One Wages etc. on 11:05 - Jun 15 with 2617 viewsJames1980

League One Wages etc. on 23:05 - Jun 14 by deeplishblue

Are those wage figures promised wages or paid wages?
For certain clubs there is a difference.

Isn't this based on 2017/18 accounts? Some clubs are still dotting & crossing those. Am I right in thinking wages outstanding to players & staff would show as a liability however do they have to specify the amount which is outstanding earnings?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024