Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings etc 12:05 - Jun 15 with 3001 viewselectricblue

We all know that players offered new contracts have until 30th June to decide to sign or move on..

But surely in the past players offered new contracts some have signed before the date....

Also on the other foot a new player or two have indicated they are signing on aswell...

There is nothing eminating from the club at all if this is sign of things to come then its a long long season..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Signings etc on 12:26 - Jun 15 with 2927 viewsTVOS1907

Perhaps we haven't yet got to the deadline players were given to decide if they were going to sign or not.....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Signings etc on 16:28 - Jun 15 with 2652 viewsYadHoDale

Jimmy Keohane's presence at the kit unveiling may indicate that he is going to sign.

Or not, if he decides Grey or Pink don't suit his image... :)
Signings etc on 16:34 - Jun 15 with 2636 viewsmacro

Signings etc on 16:28 - Jun 15 by YadHoDale

Jimmy Keohane's presence at the kit unveiling may indicate that he is going to sign.

Or not, if he decides Grey or Pink don't suit his image... :)

He wasn’t at the kit launch - it was Camps, Tavares and Lillis
Signings etc on 17:42 - Jun 15 with 2494 viewsYadHoDale

Signings etc on 16:34 - Jun 15 by macro

He wasn’t at the kit launch - it was Camps, Tavares and Lillis

Maybe not there in terms of trying on/modelling he kits, but Chaff said he was there on the kit launch thread on here...
Signings etc on 17:58 - Jun 15 with 2455 viewsmacro

Signings etc on 17:42 - Jun 15 by YadHoDale

Maybe not there in terms of trying on/modelling he kits, but Chaff said he was there on the kit launch thread on here...

The only players who were at the signing were Lillis, Tavares & Camps

Keohane wasn’t there - the info about him being there is wrong!
Signings etc on 18:06 - Jun 15 with 2433 viewsseasidedale

It could be that the out of contracts have agreed verbally and will sign on first day of training
Signings etc on 18:55 - Jun 15 with 2301 viewsscarrow

Could be.

If Keohane was there he did a bloody good job of being invisible.

Poll: Final position

Signings etc on 19:59 - Jun 15 with 2178 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Signings etc on 18:55 - Jun 15 by scarrow

Could be.

If Keohane was there he did a bloody good job of being invisible.

Can’t see him getting a better offer tbh

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Signings etc on 20:12 - Jun 15 with 2135 viewsCleedale

Interesting post electric.

Perhaps we've overspent last season plus the KH pay-off (or whatever that entails/ed). Add to that a director as CEO, which also sounds like tightening on outgoings?

Can't take away from the remarkable end-of-season finish but...

...unless some of the lads make the grade pretty damned quick, (which I really hope they do), as you say possibly a long season. Our almost continued/sole reliance on Hendo (for goals/vision/fantastic ability) is a worry particularly as the guy has been so reliable in terms of fitness/availability. At the same time where are we seriously going to find, if ever, another Hendo?

Guess that is where we'll always stand. Down the pecking order in being able to meet the demands of the better players at our level and therefore (mainly) dependent on bringing on our own or mending broken toys...the latter of which appears to have seriously dried up.
Signings etc on 21:55 - Jun 15 with 1999 viewsRAFCBLUE

Signings etc on 20:12 - Jun 15 by Cleedale

Interesting post electric.

Perhaps we've overspent last season plus the KH pay-off (or whatever that entails/ed). Add to that a director as CEO, which also sounds like tightening on outgoings?

Can't take away from the remarkable end-of-season finish but...

...unless some of the lads make the grade pretty damned quick, (which I really hope they do), as you say possibly a long season. Our almost continued/sole reliance on Hendo (for goals/vision/fantastic ability) is a worry particularly as the guy has been so reliable in terms of fitness/availability. At the same time where are we seriously going to find, if ever, another Hendo?

Guess that is where we'll always stand. Down the pecking order in being able to meet the demands of the better players at our level and therefore (mainly) dependent on bringing on our own or mending broken toys...the latter of which appears to have seriously dried up.

You can argue that it's our financial prudence on signings that has got us this far and the shrewdness of that financial prudence is keeping us in League 1.

Like King Canute though you can't hold back the tide.

I'd expect us to have a bottom 4 budget for League 1 again this season when you consider who is coming down from the Championship and up from League 2.

You then have to look at four teams we think we might be able to finish above.

bury definitely should finish below us with the complete disarray there and Tranmere too. I think that Lincoln and MK Dons will invest and push on and finish above us.

I'd expect that Accrington, Wycombe and possibly Coventry have a bit of second season syndrome and don't do as well as last year.

After that, you hope that AFC Wimbledon, Southend and Shrewsbury have similar seasons to last year and have similar sized catchments and budgets in their respective areas.

The other wildcard is Bolton. We have +12 point start on them but I think they will finish above us.

That puts me hoping we have a decent start and get points on the board early spending time looking up and not down the table.

My expectations are a bottom 10 but not a bottom 4 finish. 15th to 20th separated by 4 points last season so it may be very tight again.

If you're a North West based player you do have a choice at this time of the year and unless its an amazing contract you might want to see what offers develop for you. Danny Mayor at bury being a good example of this.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Signings etc on 11:34 - Jun 16 with 1613 viewsCleedale

Great addition RAFC.
Signings etc on 12:16 - Jun 16 with 1562 viewsaleanddale

I think we are in for another tough season unless BBM pulls some rabbits.

League 1 is just so ultra competitive.

Like others have mentioned there will be others for various reasons that will probably struggle.

Bury / Accy / Coventry / Bolton ( -18 hopefully ) there will be others.

Who would have thought Bradford last season?.

Really important to have a solid start and win our own mini league of 6/8 teams.
Signings etc on 14:49 - Jun 16 with 1398 viewsDareToCalvin

Although League 1 is obviously very competitive, I do think it has got weaker this year. Plymouth, Scunthorpe, Bradford and even Walsall were all strong, established League 1 teams (or so it seemed) and they've been replaced with Lincoln, Bury, Tranmere and MK. Similarly, 3 very strong teams in Barnsley, Luton and Charlton went up, whereas they've been replaced with Bolton, who I think will go down again, and Rotherham and Ipswich (who I think will fill the top 2 spots come May). There are roughly 6 good teams in League 1 and the rest are all as bad as each other really, it's almost as if there is a split; if we finish near the top of this mini-league we can easily finish in the top half; Oxford were dire for most of last season but kicked on and finished in the top half; we could easily do the same without baffling tactics and team selections and a few signings in the right areas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024