Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday 14:57 - Jun 15 with 8107 viewsDale_Trust

The Dale Trust are hosting it’s annual Quiz Night at the Flying Horse pub on Wednesday 19th June — 8pm.

Entry to the quiz is free of charge to everyone. The quiz will be in your usual Pub Quiz style, with one round dedicated purely to all Dale matters, so please feel free to bring family and friends with you.

Plus we have special guest on the evening, as we are proud to announce the quizmaster will be Mike Minay from BBC Radio Manchester Sport.

The event will also see the opportunity to join the Trust, for the forthcoming 2019-20 season.

Free food will be provided for all those taking part in the quiz.

Everyone welcome!

http://daletrust.co.uk
Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 14:28 - Jul 26 with 2443 viewsDaleiLama

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 13:46 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/07/trust-minutes-22nd-july/

<<“The meeting with the club from last week was discussed by the group. It was agreed to support the Xmas activities that the club were planning rather than hosting an independent event. Investigations would take place and quotes obtained to support this, with decisions to be taken at the next meeting. Other issues surrounding the meeting was discussed, including members feedback on this meeting with actions for the Trust to follow up.”>>

What issues were discussed?
What was the members feedback and when will these actions be followed up?
––––

And from the other thread:
<<“Discussions took place regarding a response from the Trust to the changes in pricing at the kiosks at the ground. A number of members and supporters had contacted the Trust following Sunday’s game. Contact had been made with the club on Sunday. The club had replied and we discussed how we would follow up on this.“>>

What was the club’s reply and when will it be made public to supporters?
What was the result of the discussion of how the Trust would follow up on this and will there be confirmation around whether the Trust were involved in any discussions around price rises - with particular emphasis around the MOU when it comes to consultation around issues that affect supporters?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 9:48]

Bit fed up with the club saying one thing then doing something else tbh. Was thinking of going to Tranmere away with my g/f and my mate from Lincoln who is coming over to stay that weekend, but saw prices rise on the day and advanced ticket surcharges are more of a lottery than the golden gamble so I'm off to watch the Imps instead. Punters voting with their feet in a free market economy is something which I don't think RAFC will ever get.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 14:37 - Jul 26 with 2412 viewsD_Alien

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 14:28 - Jul 26 by DaleiLama

Bit fed up with the club saying one thing then doing something else tbh. Was thinking of going to Tranmere away with my g/f and my mate from Lincoln who is coming over to stay that weekend, but saw prices rise on the day and advanced ticket surcharges are more of a lottery than the golden gamble so I'm off to watch the Imps instead. Punters voting with their feet in a free market economy is something which I don't think RAFC will ever get.

Likewise (not the Lincoln bit, obvs!)

The free market economy... hmm, now there's an idea that could take some selling to the club

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 15:13 - Jul 26 with 2372 viewsEllDale

I asked a few questions about premium pricing for what are known these days as walk-up customers because more and more clubs are following this practice.
The answer I got was that clubs don't like handling cash on matchdays any more because the banks are charging them for actually receiving it into their account.
Tickets and cards are no problem because cash doesn't change hands.
Whether or not this is purely an excuse I don't know.
What I do know is that plenty of factors sometimes can make me decide to go an accessible away match on the spur of the moment on the morning of the match itself - things like weather, other plans falling through, perhaps even just on a whim.
What can put me off on the other hand s a being penalised for not pre-buying a ticket.
Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 15:35 - Jul 26 with 2350 viewsDaleiLama

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 15:13 - Jul 26 by EllDale

I asked a few questions about premium pricing for what are known these days as walk-up customers because more and more clubs are following this practice.
The answer I got was that clubs don't like handling cash on matchdays any more because the banks are charging them for actually receiving it into their account.
Tickets and cards are no problem because cash doesn't change hands.
Whether or not this is purely an excuse I don't know.
What I do know is that plenty of factors sometimes can make me decide to go an accessible away match on the spur of the moment on the morning of the match itself - things like weather, other plans falling through, perhaps even just on a whim.
What can put me off on the other hand s a being penalised for not pre-buying a ticket.

You can certainly p-o-t-d with a card at Fleetwood, as that's a regular game for me. Not sure if prices rise on the day.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 15:18 - Aug 12 with 2219 views442Dale

Interesting reaction from some Sunderland fans in response to this tweet for the Trust/club to take on board.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 19:38 - Aug 23 with 2048 views442Dale

Re-posting the below as I may have missed answers being provided (see final point). If they have been, or are about to be, please could someone post a link/the Trust communicate this (and sorry I’ve missed it!). As we’ve seen, keeping transparent, informative links with supporters/Trusts/football clubs is vital and we all have a part to play. If the Trust do not wish to take questions from this messageboard in future, please can this be clearly established with reasons as to why. Thank you.

Hopefully by collating things in one place, including links to the Trust site when updates are provided, will help supporters who use this forum appreciate the work of the Trust and increase membership.

––––

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/07/meeting-with-the-club-3/

<<“We had been contacted regarding online charges for season tickets over the Summer which went against previous communications with the club. The reason behind this is that the club had come to the end of their contract with the ticketing company and were being charged on a season ticket by season ticket basis by the company. The charge went to the company each time.”>>

As per Dalei_Lama’s post above, the situation was around both online AND telephone sales, so could the Trust confirm that they will be establishing why fans were continued to be charged for buying over the phone? This is something the Trust themeselves has initially received assurances about, for clarification:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/04/meeting-with-the-club-season-tickets/

<<“In terms of impacting on Dale supporters, there was an acknowledgement that as a club, we don’t have a history or supporters buying tickets in advance, for both home and away fixtures. As such, the club were looking to scrap all telephone / internet charges for all tickets for collection from next season. There is a genuine desire to make the purchase of tickets more accessible, and the club are looking at the possibility of selling tickets in the club shop and away from the ground.”>>
<<“We queried the date that season tickets go on sale being after the end of the season, meaning that supporters would have to visit Spotland or pay an additional charge. The change to telephone and internet charges would help alleviate this, and there is no cost to have season tickets delivered this season.”>>

Action point for the next Trust monthly meeting with the club (as per the MOU):
Please can it be established why there were charges made for telephone sales, if so:
Are supporters still charged for buying tickets over the phone? ***Update*** ticket sales prices on the OS now make a point of saying this is no longer the case. Apologies if the Trust has communicated this.***
Will supporters who have incurred charges since the above information was released be refunded if these are no longer continuing?

–––––––––––––––––

Also from the latest meeting:
<<“We’d been asked to bring up the selection of the Category A/B games, specifically the Rotherham and Portsmouth games. We were told that all selections had been made based upon matches that would see a large away following come to Spotland.”>>

Whereas here:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/04/meeting-with-the-club-season-tickets/
<<“We talked about the introduction of Category A/B games and the on the day price increases, the decision behind it, and the impact this would have on Dale supporters. We were informed that this would see the club fall in line with the EFL where such policies are commonplace. When asked how many games over the season would we have looked to introduce the higher category admission, and we were told that in hindsight we would only have looked upon the Sunderland game at the higher tier. However, all admission pricing needs to be with the EFL before June 1st. In doing this, and by introducing this, it would alleviate this situation.”>>

Action point for the Trust: As mentioned previously, were the Trust consulted, as per the MOU, around the choices of the six games that are now Category B? This is important when considering the following: “When asked how many games over the season would we have looked to introduce the higher category admission, and we were told that in hindsight we would only have looked upon the Sunderland game at the higher tier.”

And also:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/07/trust-minutes-22nd-july/

<<“The meeting with the club from last week was discussed by the group. It was agreed to support the Xmas activities that the club were planning rather than hosting an independent event. Investigations would take place and quotes obtained to support this, with decisions to be taken at the next meeting. Other issues surrounding the meeting was discussed, including members feedback on this meeting with actions for the Trust to follow up.”>>

Action point for the Trust:
What issues were discussed?
What was the members feedback and when will these actions be followed up?
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 20:00]

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 00:15 - Aug 28 with 1888 views442Dale

Spoke to a Trust representative tonight regarding the unanswered points raised here. They have their monthly meeting tomorrow and it was asked that those points were looked at; with particular regard for ensuring that the process around following up on action points/questions put to them is clear, informative and visible to all supporters. The request was made again that the Trust establish whether they will address concerns raised via this messageboard as part of that agreed process.

It was appreciated that time was taken to listen to these concerns.

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 19:36 - Aug 30 with 1757 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/08/trust-meeting-28th-august/

<<“A meeting had taken place at the club on Wednesday afternoon. This was reported back to the committee and a full report will be added to the Trust website very soon, once the third parties involved had been informed.”>>

Presumably, clarification on the outstanding issues raised by members will be included as part of the above. Hopefully, in the absence of a reply on here as discusssed previously, this includes confirmation on whether points raised on this messageboard after Trust meetings are followed up. If not, details on how they should be communicated to ensure there’s the informative transparency wherever possible for all fans, something that we’ve come to realise is vital as football moves forward.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 13:21 - Sep 3 with 1623 viewsSandyman

Just been to the COA for Man U tickets.
We play Man City U21's next Wednesday.
The old favourite. Nothing on the Willbutts/Sandy Lane fixture board advertising the game. Again.
Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 13:32 - Sep 3 with 1606 viewsSuddenLad

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 13:21 - Sep 3 by Sandyman

The old favourite. Nothing on the Willbutts/Sandy Lane fixture board advertising the game. Again.

I was buying my tickets this morning and a bloke asked me 'What time's the kick-off tonight'. Had to disappoint him and tell him it was next week. Wonder how many will actually turn up tonight ?? The notice board would have helped with that confusion,let alone promoting the match.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 14:35 - Sep 3 with 1578 viewsTVOS1907

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 13:21 - Sep 3 by Sandyman

But the Trust were told...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 14:45 - Sep 3 with 1570 viewsdawlishdale

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 14:35 - Sep 3 by TVOS1907

But the Trust were told...

The fixture board has been done to death on here, and despite numerous promises by at least 3 CEO's down the years, the issue of it not being updated continues to annoy supporters.

I know that our present CEO reads this messageboard avidly, so c'mon Dave, either keep the bloody thing updated as you keep promising to do, or have it pulled down, so it isn't constantly used as another stick to beat you with. Every time it's out of date is another broken promise.
Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 19:31 - Sep 4 with 1465 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/09/meeting-with-the-club-4/

Some positive stuff in here including the bits about Country Season Tickets for students and dealing with issues raised by fans. Well worth a read.

It’s disappointing that the Trust are still to provide clarification on the issues raised in this thread despite it being specifically brought up with a Trust representative at the Carlisle game, added to the ongoing request for a simple reply to say questions on here will/won’t be followed up on. There was also a request for clarification on the process in reply to a Trust representative who posted in that capacity in the Man U tickets thread.

There’s plenty in there open for further discussion however the final part was of particular interest:
<<“Given the club have spoke on a number of different occasions in the past couple of years about attracting investment into the club, we shared our concerns that it is exactly these sort of outside investors that had brought such misery into certain clubs, and that we would be naturally very wary. The club stated that as a club that doesn’t even own its own training facilities, such investment was necessary for us to continue at the level we are but there would be no consideration whatsoever about involving someone like those seen down the road.”>>

Why is such investment “necessary for us to continue at the level we are”? What reasons were given for it being “necessary” when we have continued to compete at this level while developing young players to sell on using the training facilities we have in recent years?

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 21:20 - Sep 4 with 1410 viewsjudd

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 19:31 - Sep 4 by 442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/09/meeting-with-the-club-4/

Some positive stuff in here including the bits about Country Season Tickets for students and dealing with issues raised by fans. Well worth a read.

It’s disappointing that the Trust are still to provide clarification on the issues raised in this thread despite it being specifically brought up with a Trust representative at the Carlisle game, added to the ongoing request for a simple reply to say questions on here will/won’t be followed up on. There was also a request for clarification on the process in reply to a Trust representative who posted in that capacity in the Man U tickets thread.

There’s plenty in there open for further discussion however the final part was of particular interest:
<<“Given the club have spoke on a number of different occasions in the past couple of years about attracting investment into the club, we shared our concerns that it is exactly these sort of outside investors that had brought such misery into certain clubs, and that we would be naturally very wary. The club stated that as a club that doesn’t even own its own training facilities, such investment was necessary for us to continue at the level we are but there would be no consideration whatsoever about involving someone like those seen down the road.”>>

Why is such investment “necessary for us to continue at the level we are”? What reasons were given for it being “necessary” when we have continued to compete at this level while developing young players to sell on using the training facilities we have in recent years?

*Ahem* training trip sponsors *Ahem*

I'm sure the old guard on the board are wary.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust Quiz Night - Wednesday on 18:26 - Sep 9 with 1238 views442Dale

In response to this, I have been informed via email from the Trust the best way of raising any issues with them is face to face in the Dale Bar or via email to their address. I raised the point that the Trust have posted and answered questions from members and supporters on here before and that a simple reply around process could have seen this established, but we all know the agreed method now.

To assist supporters/the Trust/the club in maintaining clear, informative and consistent routes of communication, happy to clarify this so that all supporters are aware of how their questions and points can be brought up.

Their email address is: info@daletrust.co.uk

The Trust desk is in the Dale Bar at home games and there were plans for this to be extended to the Carlsberg Lounge from the Wycombe game.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024