Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adshead 15:40 - Jun 18 with 27813 viewsColDale

Adshead on 16:59 - Jun 20 with 3298 views100notout

Meanwhile oldham reportedly selling a 21 yo to Rangers for £650k

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Adshead on 18:26 - Jun 20 with 3142 viewsShun

Adshead on 10:48 - Jun 20 by dawlishdale

Whichever way you dress it up, we do indeed seem to have accepted a very low bid for Adshead. Fitz was initially told that it was far in excess of £300k, but has subsequently been told that it was indeed the lower amount.

Yes; there are the usual add on's, but given his young age and the fact that he will likely play in Norwich's Under 23 team this year, almost certainly followed by a spell on loan somewhere, mean that we won't be getting the add ons for quite some time, if ever.

I ask you this.... where else would an EPL team be able to sign a highly talented England u18 international with L1 experience, and under contract until the end of 2021 for £300k?

It just wouldn't happen.

Even bury managed to get £400,000 up front when they sold Matty Foulds to Everton. Foulds had never played any first team games !!!

Have to agree with yours and fitzo’s line of thinking here. In today’s market an England youth international who already has a number of professional appearances is a huge talent, and to only get £350k (and, let’s be honest, that figure is more than just a rumour now) up front is abysmal.

I think anyone with the negotiating skills of a twelve-year-old selling polo mints to his mates in the schoolyard should’ve been able to manage an up front fee of something approaching, if not surpassing, £1million - and that’s with add-ons to boot.

The repeated references to Bury’s greater fee for a lower-profile player with less prestige, and this for a club the same size as us with a much more precarious financial position puts paid to the idea that clubs walk all over us because it’s little Rochdale and we need the money. In reality it just leads me to ask the question of whether we’re simply just weaker than tazzy’s grasp on the English language when it comes to negotiating.
Adshead on 18:37 - Jun 20 with 3107 viewsDale23years

Adshead on 18:26 - Jun 20 by Shun

Have to agree with yours and fitzo’s line of thinking here. In today’s market an England youth international who already has a number of professional appearances is a huge talent, and to only get £350k (and, let’s be honest, that figure is more than just a rumour now) up front is abysmal.

I think anyone with the negotiating skills of a twelve-year-old selling polo mints to his mates in the schoolyard should’ve been able to manage an up front fee of something approaching, if not surpassing, £1million - and that’s with add-ons to boot.

The repeated references to Bury’s greater fee for a lower-profile player with less prestige, and this for a club the same size as us with a much more precarious financial position puts paid to the idea that clubs walk all over us because it’s little Rochdale and we need the money. In reality it just leads me to ask the question of whether we’re simply just weaker than tazzy’s grasp on the English language when it comes to negotiating.

Fee accepted,due to Hill and Dunphies crazy spending last summer on crap standard players, and championship size squad. Forget about the massive pay rise Hill got from his 5 year contract.

It will be like this, for a few seasons now.

I

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Adshead on 18:46 - Jun 20 with 3080 viewsjudd

Adshead on 18:37 - Jun 20 by Dale23years

Fee accepted,due to Hill and Dunphies crazy spending last summer on crap standard players, and championship size squad. Forget about the massive pay rise Hill got from his 5 year contract.

It will be like this, for a few seasons now.

I

So you think we are strapped for cash?

Have you factored in any other sales from 2019?

I'm not having a go, just interested in your take on things.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Adshead on 19:05 - Jun 20 with 3028 views1907

I won’t criticise anyone or express an opinion on anything until I am aware of facts relating to the sale & I would encourage others to do the same.

Nobody knows if we have got a good deal or a bad deal, so continuing to speculate isn’t really doing anybody any favours & really just causes unnecessary negativity.

All will be revealed at one stage or another, let’s just appreciate the fact that the lad is now a Premiership player & we are in a better financial position now than what we were last week.
Adshead on 19:14 - Jun 20 with 2989 viewsD_Alien

Adshead on 19:05 - Jun 20 by 1907

I won’t criticise anyone or express an opinion on anything until I am aware of facts relating to the sale & I would encourage others to do the same.

Nobody knows if we have got a good deal or a bad deal, so continuing to speculate isn’t really doing anybody any favours & really just causes unnecessary negativity.

All will be revealed at one stage or another, let’s just appreciate the fact that the lad is now a Premiership player & we are in a better financial position now than what we were last week.

I'll second that, even though i have expressed an opinion

I think some of the negativity also arises from natural disappointment at not having the opportunity to see Adshead develop further as a Dale player, which is understandable. To take the example of a previous transfer to Norwich - Dave Cross - we had the chance to see him develop and score some iconic goals before his transfer. It'll be interesting to see whether Adshead gets a debut in the Premier League this coming season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Adshead on 19:21 - Jun 20 with 2945 views1907

Adshead on 19:14 - Jun 20 by D_Alien

I think some of the negativity also arises from natural disappointment at not having the opportunity to see Adshead develop further as a Dale player, which is understandable. To take the example of a previous transfer to Norwich - Dave Cross - we had the chance to see him develop and score some iconic goals before his transfer. It'll be interesting to see whether Adshead gets a debut in the Premier League this coming season

I think the best case scenario for us, as a club moving forward, is to move the academy players on as quickly & profitably as possible without them really making much of an impact on the first team.

We’re going to struggle to give these lads opportunities in a ridiculously competitive league & it would be better to invest the proceeds in signing experienced pro’s capable of taking us forward & keeping us competitive.

In all honesty I don’t believe that Adshead would have progressed any further than what he already has, had he stayed with us any longer. In fact, you could argue that he could potentially have regressed.
Adshead on 19:22 - Jun 20 with 2943 viewsaleanddale

Adshead on 19:14 - Jun 20 by D_Alien

Lets hope he does.

I guess we need to hope for a Hogan situation when we profit from the sell on.

Fingers crossed Craig Dawson too.

It is no secret we are watchful with the purse strings and £350k will probably cover the budgeted loss for 2019/20.

If he kicks on and Dale get 20% of £10 million in 3 or 4 years the deal becomes a very good one.
Login to get fewer ads

Adshead on 21:00 - Jun 20 with 2843 viewsjudd

Adshead on 19:05 - Jun 20 by 1907

Not all speculation on this thread is negative in relation to the purported initial fee. Its a fans forum and speculation, assumption, .supposition will all form part of the discussion.
You have gone on to opine that the player would not develop further had he stayed at Rochdale. You cannot base that on anything factual and may create negativity as to the ability of our academy staff to develop first team players even though they have a track record of doing so.

As I understand it Adshead has signed for the academy at a premiership club. As to the financial position of the club, could it have done better? Did the deal need to be done right now? I think they are fair questions for a fan to ask.

Adshead on 21:18 - Jun 20 with 2786 views1907

Adshead on 21:00 - Jun 20 by judd

Not all speculation on this thread is negative in relation to the purported initial fee. Its a fans forum and speculation, assumption, .supposition will all form part of the discussion.
You have gone on to opine that the player would not develop further had he stayed at Rochdale. You cannot base that on anything factual and may create negativity as to the ability of our academy staff to develop first team players even though they have a track record of doing so.

As I understand it Adshead has signed for the academy at a premiership club. As to the financial position of the club, could it have done better? Did the deal need to be done right now? I think they are fair questions for a fan to ask.

I don’t think he would have progressed. How could a light weight, central midfielder who physically struggled with the athleticism require to progress in this division? Playing in a team that will undoubtedly be battling regelation year on year will not do any creative, young, inexperienced player any favours.

Complaining about sales figures (that nobody can prove one way or another until accounts are published) is unnecessary negativity.

Nothing I have posted is negative. All I want is a positive environment which will help all.

Adshead has gone for whatever amount he has. It is what it is.

Let’s celebrate the success of achieving such an achievement of an academy player & move on.
Adshead on 21:20 - Jun 20 with 2779 viewsCreepy

How much did we get for Kevin Townson?

All sales are a gamble. Dan might fade away and never be better than league 1 or 2 standard. Or he may become a premier league veteran.

No right deal for this one, just see how it pans out.

Plus, it’s a great move for the lad.
Adshead on 21:31 - Jun 20 with 2757 viewsjudd

Adshead on 21:18 - Jun 20 by 1907

I don’t think he would have progressed. How could a light weight, central midfielder who physically struggled with the athleticism require to progress in this division? Playing in a team that will undoubtedly be battling regelation year on year will not do any creative, young, inexperienced player any favours.

Complaining about sales figures (that nobody can prove one way or another until accounts are published) is unnecessary negativity.

Nothing I have posted is negative. All I want is a positive environment which will help all.

Let’s celebrate the success of achieving such an achievement of an academy player & move on.

Fine, you're expressing an opinion, as is your right on here.
You cannot possibly know how he might have developed physically or football-wise. My opinion is that you do the coaching staff a disservice.
As.I said earlier, not all.posters have complained about the fee, but the speculation and debate is a direct result of a policy of non-disclosure of transfer fees. It is what it is.
I'll choose to celebrate and move on in my own good time, thank you. Its almost as if you're taking personal credit for the deal.

Adshead on 21:49 - Jun 20 with 2698 viewsDaleiLama

Adshead on 21:18 - Jun 20 by 1907

Trying to extrapolate how a player will develop is almost impossible, but what was very evident is he could pick a pass, always looked forward and had a decent motor on him.

At 17, it's difficult to know to the nearest 6" how tall someone might grow to at 21+ these days, even if his parents weren't tall. Then when he's finished growing up he'll start to fill out.

He was capped for the England u17s and scored on his debut I think? This is what he has achieved to date and is probably a better yardstick than speculation on what he might become. None of us has a crystal ball.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adshead on 21:53 - Jun 20 with 2679 viewsjudd

Adshead on 21:49 - Jun 20 by DaleiLama

Trying to extrapolate how a player will develop is almost impossible, but what was very evident is he could pick a pass, always looked forward and had a decent motor on him.

At 17, it's difficult to know to the nearest 6" how tall someone might grow to at 21+ these days, even if his parents weren't tall. Then when he's finished growing up he'll start to fill out.

He was capped for the England u17s and scored on his debut I think? This is what he has achieved to date and is probably a better yardstick than speculation on what he might become. None of us has a crystal ball.

HE'S MOVED ON.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put up and shut up - follow the bury model of not challenging .

Adshead on 21:54 - Jun 20 with 2674 viewsJumeirahDale

Adshead on 21:49 - Jun 20 by DaleiLama

Not to mention Luton just went a season with Shinnie (5'11" ) and Mpanzu (5'8") at CM. Didn't do them much harm!
Adshead on 21:55 - Jun 20 with 2668 viewsDaleiLama

Adshead on 21:53 - Jun 20 by judd

HE'S MOVED ON.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put up and shut up - follow the bury model of not challenging .

Or paying the piper!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adshead on 22:58 - Jun 20 with 2557 viewsscarrow

I see sky are now saying turnbull to Celtic.

Poll: Final position

Adshead on 23:02 - Jun 20 with 2547 viewsfitzochris

Adshead on 22:58 - Jun 20 by scarrow

I see sky are now saying turnbull to Celtic.

One of the most unnecessarily protracted and farcical transfer sagas for a long while.

His agent needs a good talking to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48712448

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Adshead on 06:58 - Jun 21 with 2342 views1907

Adshead on 21:31 - Jun 20 by judd

You cannot possibly know how he might have developed physically or football-wise. My opinion is that you do the coaching staff a disservice.
As.I said earlier, not all.posters have complained about the fee, but the speculation and debate is a direct result of a policy of non-disclosure of transfer fees. It is what it is.
I'll choose to celebrate and move on in my own good time, thank you. Its almost as if you're taking personal credit for the deal.

Apologies for trying to remain positive amongst endless negativity.

Your final paragraph is just bizarre.
Adshead on 08:10 - Jun 21 with 2268 viewsjudd

Adshead on 06:58 - Jun 21 by 1907

Apologies for trying to remain positive amongst endless negativity.

Your final paragraph is just bizarre.

To expect all Rochdale fans to focus purely on whatever positive there may be without questioning, analysing or debating these types of decisions is either worryingly naïve or brazenly arrogant.

Adshead on 08:59 - Jun 21 with 2200 viewsMass_Debater

Adshead on 21:31 - Jun 20 by judd

Or just believing whatever he's been told.
Adshead on 09:25 - Jun 21 with 2152 views1907

Adshead on 08:10 - Jun 21 by judd

To expect all Rochdale fans to focus purely on whatever positive there may be without questioning, analysing or debating these types of decisions is either worryingly naïve or brazenly arrogant.

You’re just trying to make my comments into something they never were.

My point was that we have sold a kid to a premier league club, who in all honesty wouldn’t have made it into our preferred starting line up.

The directors at the club have made a decision that we have received a good deal, as has BBM.

I’m inclined to believe them, as we’ve had experience in this type of transfer before.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Adshead on 10:49 - Jun 21 with 2054 viewsjudd

Adshead on 09:25 - Jun 21 by 1907

My point was that we have sold a kid to a premier league club, who in all honesty wouldn’t have made it into our preferred starting line up.

The directors at the club have made a decision that we have received a good deal, as has BBM.

I’m inclined to believe them, as we’ve had experience in this type of transfer before.

No I am not.

How can you possibly know our preferred starting line up, when we have 7 players under offer of contract, none of whom has committed, nor have we signed any new players?

How can you possibly know?

The Directors and their employees remain accountable. They are not omnipotent. I am sure they would not want it any other way.

The experience of this type of transfer before also lends weight to the accuracy of the previous disclosure of undisclosed fees, and the consequent disappointment.

I accept the deal has been done.

I remain sceptical as to the detail of the deal.

Adshead on 11:58 - Jun 21 with 1953 viewsShun

Adshead on 09:25 - Jun 21 by 1907

‘In all honesty wouldn’t have made it into our preferred starting line up.’

Again, as judd says, that’s impossible to say. Camps and Allen weren’t rated as highly as Dan yet both became first team regulars for years. It can’t be down to his frame either - he’s only 17 so could easily have bulked up, and Will Buckley was even skinnier and was one of the best players in League Two, before going on to have a successful career in The Championship.

Unless you’re BBM, a club employee, or Tiresias then it’s impossible to say how many appearances Dan would’ve had this season. This isn’t a Matty Hughes or Connor Ronan type situation where a virtual unknown was spirited away from our youth team - Adshead’s been around the first team for a couple of years now without ever looking out of place.
Adshead on 12:02 - Jun 21 with 1942 views1907

Adshead on 11:58 - Jun 21 by Shun

‘In all honesty wouldn’t have made it into our preferred starting line up.’

Again, as judd says, that’s impossible to say. Camps and Allen weren’t rated as highly as Dan yet both became first team regulars for years. It can’t be down to his frame either - he’s only 17 so could easily have bulked up, and Will Buckley was even skinnier and was one of the best players in League Two, before going on to have a successful career in The Championship.

Unless you’re BBM, a club employee, or Tiresias then it’s impossible to say how many appearances Dan would’ve had this season. This isn’t a Matty Hughes or Connor Ronan type situation where a virtual unknown was spirited away from our youth team - Adshead’s been around the first team for a couple of years now without ever looking out of place.

Well you can have an educated guess given that BBM barely used him or any of the kids during the run in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024