Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good things come to those who wait... 16:28 - Jun 24 with 9407 viewsleedsdale

[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 16:29]
Good things come to those who wait... on 16:34 - Jun 24 with 5578 viewsleedsdale

3 years!
Good things come to those who wait... on 16:35 - Jun 24 with 5576 viewsisitme

For me the best of the seven offered new deals. A three year deal is a big commitment from both sides. I suppose there will be a release clause in case a decent offer comes in for him if he continues to progress.

Interesting that the article on the official sites says he had a lot of suitors. I wonder who else was interested and did the fact they would have to pay a fee for him ultimately put them off?
Good things come to those who wait... on 16:42 - Jun 24 with 5494 viewsDaleFan7

Great news!
Good things come to those who wait... on 16:44 - Jun 24 with 5473 viewsoddjob007

Awesome news!

If I could only pick one player to keep - would have been Ollie.

It’s clearly an investment from the club to tie him down for three years, and if he gets a big move in the next couple of years then good luck to the lad.

Can only see positives from this!
Good things come to those who wait... on 17:03 - Jun 24 with 5328 viewsboromat

Great news hopefully the first of many this week.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Good things come to those who wait... on 17:21 - Jun 24 with 5241 viewselectricblue

Well done to the club for investing in a 3yr contract..

I wonder if Rathbone happened to be BBM priority and more so when Ashead signed for Norwich...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Good things come to those who wait... on 18:11 - Jun 24 with 5027 viewsCleedale

Good things come to those who wait... on 17:21 - Jun 24 by electricblue

Well done to the club for investing in a 3yr contract..

I wonder if Rathbone happened to be BBM priority and more so when Ashead signed for Norwich...

Guess so.

Total focus, never-give-up spirit, great work ethic combined with skills. Think we're a different team when he's playing and I hope the future of the 1st team squad's built around the likes of him.

The Adshead thing was always going to be difficult - cutting it in L1 is hard enough anyway but for a very skilful 17 year old with hopefully an immense future ahead there quickly becomes, I suppose, a cut-off point.

Think BBM proved that with the team selections in that run-in. No disrespect there to any of our youngsters and hope they all come good - time will tell hey?
Good things come to those who wait... on 18:55 - Jun 24 with 4834 viewsBoss_Hog

I'm going to go against the grain here and say it wouldn't have concerned me had he left.

I like him, don't get me wrong, he seems a nice lad and a good ambassador for the club. I am, however, amiss to what he brings us on the field. Please don't tell me works hard and all that, that is a basic in my eyes, every player who pulls on the shirt should have that mentality.

What's his best position for example? Can he play in a 4-man midfield? What does he excel at? Passing, tackling, scoring goals? None of the above for me, he excels with his work-rate I agree but so did Scott Warner.

I welcome your thoughts......

Like I say, happy he's signed
Login to get fewer ads

Good things come to those who wait... on 19:08 - Jun 24 with 4789 viewsDareToCalvin

Good things come to those who wait... on 18:55 - Jun 24 by Boss_Hog

I'm going to go against the grain here and say it wouldn't have concerned me had he left.

I like him, don't get me wrong, he seems a nice lad and a good ambassador for the club. I am, however, amiss to what he brings us on the field. Please don't tell me works hard and all that, that is a basic in my eyes, every player who pulls on the shirt should have that mentality.

What's his best position for example? Can he play in a 4-man midfield? What does he excel at? Passing, tackling, scoring goals? None of the above for me, he excels with his work-rate I agree but so did Scott Warner.

I do see where you're coming from but for me we're a better player with him in the side, for me he's not spectacular at any of those attributes you mentioned; just solid at all of them and seems to love playing for us.
Delighted and excited to see what news is coming this week.
Good things come to those who wait... on 19:16 - Jun 24 with 4760 viewsShun

Great news - our second best player behind Henderson.

Agree with the post above, I think we’re a better side when he plays. He’s the only one of our midfielders that seems to have any urgency about him. Whereas Camps and MJW are usually looking to slow the play down, Ollie generally tries to speed things up.
Good things come to those who wait... on 19:50 - Jun 24 with 4584 viewsTVOS1907

Rathboni...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Good things come to those who wait... on 19:52 - Jun 24 with 4558 viewsoddjob007

You’ve just compared the lad to Scott Warner? Wow. Did you see Scott Warner play?

Rathbone is the energy in midfield, closing down, running around - Scott Warner style if you will. However he can also pick a pass and has a decent shot on him, nothing Scott Warner about him from that angle.

Think back to when we first signed him, he’s progressed significantly. If he carries on the same trajectory, I’m confident enough to say he’ll get a Championship club in the next couple of years and a nice transfer fee for us.
Good things come to those who wait... on 19:54 - Jun 24 with 4522 viewsYouTubeDale

He’s our best tackler and therefore is able to switch our defensive play into an attack. He reads the game well and good with the intricate passing and therefore creative. I would like to see him in around the box much more eg. away to Accrington Stanley, because this little fella has the ability to score more goals. Being young but not too young we could get to see his very best years.

As said, a really exciting player to watch and it must rub off on his team mates. BBM making good decisions again.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Good things come to those who wait... on 20:01 - Jun 24 with 4485 viewsfrenzied

For me .hes one of the few players we have who isn’t frightened of having a go..and even if he misses will give it another try..his energy can change a game ..one good season more from this lad and he will be moving on..and fully deserved
Good things come to those who wait... on 20:04 - Jun 24 with 4470 viewsTVOS1907

Good things come to those who wait... on 19:52 - Jun 24 by oddjob007

You’ve just compared the lad to Scott Warner? Wow. Did you see Scott Warner play?

Rathbone is the energy in midfield, closing down, running around - Scott Warner style if you will. However he can also pick a pass and has a decent shot on him, nothing Scott Warner about him from that angle.

Think back to when we first signed him, he’s progressed significantly. If he carries on the same trajectory, I’m confident enough to say he’ll get a Championship club in the next couple of years and a nice transfer fee for us.

I think there's a Scott Warner shot you're forgetting...

Good things come to those who wait... on 21:24 - Jun 24 with 4174 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Good things come to those who wait... on 20:04 - Jun 24 by TVOS1907

Had he stayed out of chocolate in town, he may have made it. Scott and pat mc were in there a lot!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Good things come to those who wait... on 21:56 - Jun 24 with 4056 viewsoddjob007

Good things come to those who wait... on 20:04 - Jun 24 by TVOS1907

Knew someone would remind me of this the second I clicked post! I was at that game as well.

He did only score 2 in 70 odd appearances!
Good things come to those who wait... on 22:05 - Jun 24 with 4023 viewsTVOS1907

Good things come to those who wait... on 21:56 - Jun 24 by oddjob007

Knew someone would remind me of this the second I clicked post! I was at that game as well.

He did only score 2 in 70 odd appearances!

Good point!

Good things come to those who wait... on 22:21 - Jun 24 with 3983 viewsjudd

Good things come to those who wait... on 22:05 - Jun 24 by TVOS1907

Good point!

One of which won goal of the season

Poll: What is it to be then?

Good things come to those who wait... on 22:55 - Jun 24 with 3884 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Well done OllyLad......good decision to stay. As they sang in Grease "you're the one that we want"......just want Done and Alby to move on now and get some new faces in and refresh.

BBM factor is working.
Good things come to those who wait... on 23:13 - Jun 24 with 3831 viewsfitzochris

Good things come to those who wait... on 22:55 - Jun 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

Well done OllyLad......good decision to stay. As they sang in Grease "you're the one that we want"......just want Done and Alby to move on now and get some new faces in and refresh.

BBM factor is working.

Eh?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Good things come to those who wait... on 02:11 - Jun 25 with 3690 viewskiwidale

Good things come to those who wait... on 22:55 - Jun 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

BBM factor is working.

Not having a go Yorkshire Dale or questioning your opinion which you are entitled to but you credit the BBM factor for Rathbone signing a new deal yet question his decisions to offer deals to Done and Wilbraham. I will be happy if all those offered deals sign them BBM would not have offered them new deals if he did not want them next season.

This is not the time for bickering.

Good things come to those who wait... on 06:26 - Jun 25 with 3573 viewsDiddyDave

You`re not Scott Warner`s father in law with a nom de plume are you? Hello Bob,how`s things?!
Good things come to those who wait... on 07:43 - Jun 25 with 3478 viewsEllDale

Last time I saw Scott he was playing for the Copper Pot.
Don't know if scored many for them.
Personally I think it's great news about Olly.
Good things come to those who wait... on 08:59 - Jun 25 with 3329 viewsdingdangblue

Good things come to those who wait... on 19:52 - Jun 24 by oddjob007

Great news - hopefully the 1st of many signings. We dont do 3 year deals normally (think Hendo was the only other I can remember) - the pessimist in me is a little suspicious that its been done knowing that Ollie is being targeted for a move and we are covering ourselves to get a fee rather than just compensation (obviously Ollie would have had to agree to this but historically we dont stand in a players way if they are being chased by another club). Its a win / win for Ollie even if he does go he will get a better wage in the meantime. Just hope he's still here come September and my fears are wrong.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024