Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Done for 2 more years 16:08 - Jun 25 with 4188 viewsoddjob007

Key for me is what BBM says

““I see him very much as part of our attacking unit and he remains a very important part of what we do as part of that attacking unit. Towards the end of last season, we identified a lot of trends that saw him being involved in a lot of our goals and attacking movement, so we’re very, very keen to retain and enhance that.”

Thank fook he’s not going to be on the left!!
Done for 2 more years on 16:27 - Jun 25 with 4107 viewsEllDale

I'm quite happy with that as long as the lad isn't seen as a leftback.....
I think that BBM sees him upfront though which is heartening. No more square pegs in round holes.
Done for 2 more years on 16:30 - Jun 25 with 4091 viewsChaffRAFC

Big season for Done, his last two seasons simply haven't warranted him getting a new contract and he can consider himself very lucky not to have been released. Now he's going to be utilized in an attacking role, he has to show us he's worthy of it.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Done for 2 more years on 16:34 - Jun 25 with 4061 viewsDaleFan7

“Brian was a major factor in me signing for another two-years"

“I see him very much as part of our attacking unit"

These are the keys, he clearly wasn't enjoying, nor very effective as a left back. His performances were better when he was pushed forward under BBM. Hopefully he can give it a full season doing that.
Done for 2 more years on 17:06 - Jun 25 with 3911 views56years

Done deal- very pleased- has a lot to offer up front, not in defence!
Done for 2 more years on 17:15 - Jun 25 with 3865 viewsblackdogblue

Done for 2 more years on 17:06 - Jun 25 by 56years

Done deal- very pleased- has a lot to offer up front, not in defence!

Pleased for him & the club, came back to us unfit & put In strange roles by KJH. Onwards & upwards 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Done for 2 more years on 17:22 - Jun 25 with 3836 viewsSuddenLad

If we see the Matt Done we all know - and see him played in the right role, then this is almost the equivalent of a new signing.

Good news.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Done for 2 more years on 17:33 - Jun 25 with 3773 viewsaleanddale

Done for 2 more years on 16:30 - Jun 25 by ChaffRAFC

Big season for Done, his last two seasons simply haven't warranted him getting a new contract and he can consider himself very lucky not to have been released. Now he's going to be utilized in an attacking role, he has to show us he's worthy of it.

Lets hope we hear of more this week.

Over to MD now to show us all he can get back to his very best.

Seasoned Pro - knows the score. I hope he can develop something special with Hendo up front.
Done for 2 more years on 17:54 - Jun 25 with 3695 viewsboromat

I think a Matty Done that's used correctly could be a great asset. Really looking forward to see if BBM can play to his strengths.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Done for 2 more years on 18:03 - Jun 25 with 3649 views1907

Good signing for me

Experienced pro who’s had a somewhat tough time since returning to the club.

Knows the division & the game really well, hope he can progress and cement a place in the team this season.
Done for 2 more years on 18:14 - Jun 25 with 3590 viewsD_Alien

At 30 years of age, and reliant on speed and sharp movement when at his best, he'll need to show he can still produce at this level. Not unhappy with this, but think we need some fresh legs up front alongside our aging forwards, especially if Alby signs too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Done for 2 more years on 18:52 - Jun 25 with 3439 viewsJimmyRustler

I'm actually quite shocked that we offered him that length of contract. Would have been happy with a year but two is pushing it for me. He improved under BBM last year in advanced role but I would imagine he almost snapped our hands off when he saw what was on the table
Done for 2 more years on 19:23 - Jun 25 with 3288 viewsDalenet

Done for 2 more years on 18:52 - Jun 25 by JimmyRustler

I'm actually quite shocked that we offered him that length of contract. Would have been happy with a year but two is pushing it for me. He improved under BBM last year in advanced role but I would imagine he almost snapped our hands off when he saw what was on the table

Still took 6 weeks to sign-up - not sure that would be described as a "Snapped our hand off" deal. I suspect he had a sniff around to see if there was interest. Happy with him on board if he is played in the right position. Just one weakness for me - he bottles every challenge
Done for 2 more years on 19:44 - Jun 25 with 3216 viewsjonahwhereru

I am conflicted by this news. A bit of me says Matt has been sold by us twice and has played wherever he’s been asked , regardless of his own preferences and Always tries hard. Plus his match winning performance at Leyton Orient (where even the home fans applauded him when substituted) lives long in the memory. So part of me thinks ok the club have done the right thing by him. However he has been well short of his peak ever since his return regardless of the position played. He hasn’t been able to reinvent himself since his pace went. With a heavy heart I have to say I would have preferred taking a chance on a a fresh face and would have let him go. So a two year deal is the main conflict for me.
Will cheer him on 100% whenever he pulls the shirt on mind, and would love him to prove me wrong.
Done for 2 more years on 21:00 - Jun 25 with 3033 viewskiwidale

Done for 2 more years on 19:44 - Jun 25 by jonahwhereru

I am conflicted by this news. A bit of me says Matt has been sold by us twice and has played wherever he’s been asked , regardless of his own preferences and Always tries hard. Plus his match winning performance at Leyton Orient (where even the home fans applauded him when substituted) lives long in the memory. So part of me thinks ok the club have done the right thing by him. However he has been well short of his peak ever since his return regardless of the position played. He hasn’t been able to reinvent himself since his pace went. With a heavy heart I have to say I would have preferred taking a chance on a a fresh face and would have let him go. So a two year deal is the main conflict for me.
Will cheer him on 100% whenever he pulls the shirt on mind, and would love him to prove me wrong.

This is very good news the problem with Done this last two seasons is no longer mismanaging the team. Done will be played as he should have been all along and I now expect all those offered deals will sign. Maybe Wilbraham will get an offer better than ours from a club maybe a non league club who will see him as an experienced forward to lead the line and push for promotion, it remains to be seen but I trust BBM's judgment over some pundits on here.

This is not the time for bickering.

Done for 2 more years on 12:46 - Jun 26 with 2593 viewsJimmyRustler

Done for 2 more years on 19:23 - Jun 25 by Dalenet

Still took 6 weeks to sign-up - not sure that would be described as a "Snapped our hand off" deal. I suspect he had a sniff around to see if there was interest. Happy with him on board if he is played in the right position. Just one weakness for me - he bottles every challenge

He would have been mad not to wait and see if something better came up but it wasn't ever going to. Wrong side of 30 with patchy form and offered a 2 year deal by a stable League 1 club on what is still probably a very good salary. Living the dream
Done for 2 more years on 15:38 - Jun 26 with 2469 viewsfitzochris

Done for 2 more years on 12:46 - Jun 26 by JimmyRustler

He would have been mad not to wait and see if something better came up but it wasn't ever going to. Wrong side of 30 with patchy form and offered a 2 year deal by a stable League 1 club on what is still probably a very good salary. Living the dream

That’s what all the players who have been offered new deals are doing. Their agents are very busy people.

Still, if they’re committing to us in the end, we must be doing something right.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Done for 2 more years on 11:11 - Jun 27 with 2190 viewsJimmyRustler

Done for 2 more years on 15:38 - Jun 26 by fitzochris

That’s what all the players who have been offered new deals are doing. Their agents are very busy people.

Still, if they’re committing to us in the end, we must be doing something right.

Or nothing better is coming up.....
Done for 2 more years on 11:48 - Jun 27 with 2123 viewsfitzochris

Done for 2 more years on 11:11 - Jun 27 by JimmyRustler

Or nothing better is coming up.....

I can’t speak for Done but there was definitely a Championship club interested in Rathbone.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Done for 2 more years on 15:16 - Jun 27 with 1979 viewsJimmyRustler

Done for 2 more years on 11:48 - Jun 27 by fitzochris

I can’t speak for Done but there was definitely a Championship club interested in Rathbone.

Would you care to elucidate now he's signed a deal?
Done for 2 more years on 18:02 - Jun 28 with 1714 viewsD_Dale

Done for 2 more years on 16:34 - Jun 25 by DaleFan7

“Brian was a major factor in me signing for another two-years"

“I see him very much as part of our attacking unit"

These are the keys, he clearly wasn't enjoying, nor very effective as a left back. His performances were better when he was pushed forward under BBM. Hopefully he can give it a full season doing that.

"... part of our attacking unit" is an odd piece of jargon, but I hope it
simply means that BB-M thinks that Matt will score a few goals. Both must remember the 2014-15 season when he scored 22 (14 for Dale, 8 for Sheffield United).

In the BBC's transfer details today, Micky Mellon enthuses at the signing of Stefan Payne, a 27-year-old "striker" who last season managed 3 goals in 27 appearances. A threat to look out for when Dale play Tranmere 5 weeks tomorrow:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48804756

And yesterday Hearts signed another 27-year-old forward, Conor Washington, who QPR reportedly paid Peterborough £3m for. Last season in 22 appearances for QPR and Sheffield United his goal tally was 0:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48785480

With 2 goals last season, when he often played in defence, Matt is well qualified to be part of an attacking unit!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024