Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Today? 08:00 - Jun 26 with 20384 viewsisitme

With Rathbone on Monday and Done on Tuesday, which player will be announced as signing their contract extension today? I am going for Wilbraham on a one year deal.

It appears that these extensions are being drip fed up until the early bird season ticket deadline on Sunday in an attempt to 'drum up interest'.

Who Today? on 08:32 - Jun 26 with 6499 viewsboromat

I thought exactly the same. It'll be Wilbs today. :-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Who Today? on 09:09 - Jun 26 with 6411 viewsdingdangblue

Rathbone signs on Monday
Then it was Done on Tuesday

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Who Today? on 09:23 - Jun 26 with 6392 viewsEllDale

Without wishing to insult the guy perhaps we need to remember that when Alby impressed in the run-in towards the end of the season that he was relatively fresh after being underused in the period between December and March.
Could he play 40 plus games next season?
Who Today? on 09:24 - Jun 26 with 6390 viewselectricblue

To throw a spanner in the works....
Keobane and morley today....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Who Today? on 09:33 - Jun 26 with 6348 viewsSheffdale

Now if you had another squad member re-signing to announce today would you lead with the news that Kevin Gibbins is back? Or is this just to whet the appetite? The tension builds!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/

BBM stamping his style on the backroom staff - reads well as always.
Who Today? on 10:04 - Jun 26 with 6267 viewsjonahwhereru

Who Today? on 09:33 - Jun 26 by Sheffdale

Now if you had another squad member re-signing to announce today would you lead with the news that Kevin Gibbins is back? Or is this just to whet the appetite? The tension builds!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/

BBM stamping his style on the backroom staff - reads well as always.

Like the positive spin BBM has put on this bit of business.
Interesting that Ross Jones departs at the same time. Not my normal style to get involved in conspiracy theories but do wonder how this change came about. Did Ross signal he was on the move so Kevin was brought in, or did Ross not take kindly to Kevin’s introduction. If the latter it is indicative of a no nonsense approach from BMM in getting the man he wanted regardless of rustle feathers in other members of the staff.
Who Today? on 10:08 - Jun 26 with 6239 viewsSandyDrum

Who Today? on 09:23 - Jun 26 by EllDale

Without wishing to insult the guy perhaps we need to remember that when Alby impressed in the run-in towards the end of the season that he was relatively fresh after being underused in the period between December and March.
Could he play 40 plus games next season?

If Wilbs takes a reduced wage under the premise that he's not going to play 40 games a season, but can still provide the goals and play that he did in the latter part of the season then that's fine by me.

1 year deal with a nice goal bonus would be a good incentive if we can afford it.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Who Today? on 11:52 - Jun 26 with 6032 viewsRAFC_1990

Anyone any idea how many season tickets we have now sold?

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Login to get fewer ads

Who Today? on 11:58 - Jun 26 with 6013 viewsdawlishdale

Who Today? on 11:52 - Jun 26 by RAFC_1990

Anyone any idea how many season tickets we have now sold?

It's been a while since the club tweeted about the number of Season Tickets sold. We must be due for an update soon?
Who Today? on 12:34 - Jun 26 with 5885 viewsEllDale

I don't know. My mate bought one this week and paid the £2.50 handling fee and was also asked if he wanted to have it posted out to him for £5.
He declined and said that he'd collect it but it seems a lot. How much is recorded delivery or whatever it's called these days?
Who Today? on 12:41 - Jun 26 with 5849 viewsAncoats_Blue

Who Today? on 11:58 - Jun 26 by dawlishdale

It's been a while since the club tweeted about the number of Season Tickets sold. We must be due for an update soon?

I get the feeling the lack of updates are because sales have stalled and aren't as strong as last year. Sales surely can't be helped by the fact we seem to be the only club in the EFL who hasn't announced a new finance partner. I know a lot of people who used Zebra last season who are hanging back on renewing this year.

On the 7th May the club said details of the finance partner"... will be announced within the next two weeks...". Well, 7 weeks later and no update. I've enquired about this myself twice and just got "we'll get an update to you soon". Given the prices are about to rise I've bitten the bullet and just paid off in full but not what I really wanted to do given I've just shelled out to move house.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 12:42]
Who Today? on 12:48 - Jun 26 with 5805 viewsAncoats_Blue

Who Today? on 12:34 - Jun 26 by EllDale

I don't know. My mate bought one this week and paid the £2.50 handling fee and was also asked if he wanted to have it posted out to him for £5.
He declined and said that he'd collect it but it seems a lot. How much is recorded delivery or whatever it's called these days?

This gets my goat. I know it's not just RAFC that charge "admin fees" for simply completing a transaction. Whether it's gigs, flights whatever it really annoys me to pay extra for something that is surely just the job of the person carrying out the "admin". If I go and buy a ST in person I'm not charged £2.50. Surely it's part of the normal job description of the ticket off staff to... erm... sell tickets. You're not paying for a bespoke service where the staff have to go out of their way to help you.

And signed for 1st class mail varies depending on size and weight. For something to close to £5 it'd need to be the size of a parcel.

It all smacks of profiteering and frankly fooks me off.
Who Today? on 12:54 - Jun 26 with 5763 viewsEllDale

If sales have plateaued it may well be due to the lack of signing activity.
Not just incoming but also retained players.
I know a couple of people who bought a ticket two years ago and then saw the likes of Lund and NML leave the club.
They swore then they'd hang on until the last minute in future.
Who Today? on 12:57 - Jun 26 with 5746 viewsboromat

Who Today? on 12:48 - Jun 26 by Ancoats_Blue

This gets my goat. I know it's not just RAFC that charge "admin fees" for simply completing a transaction. Whether it's gigs, flights whatever it really annoys me to pay extra for something that is surely just the job of the person carrying out the "admin". If I go and buy a ST in person I'm not charged £2.50. Surely it's part of the normal job description of the ticket off staff to... erm... sell tickets. You're not paying for a bespoke service where the staff have to go out of their way to help you.

And signed for 1st class mail varies depending on size and weight. For something to close to £5 it'd need to be the size of a parcel.

In a lot of cases I should imagine buying from the club in person is more work for them.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Who Today? on 13:04 - Jun 26 with 5711 viewsRAFC_1990

I get the points above, but surely if your a Dale fan and planning to go to most of the home games it makes sense to get a ticket. You only have to go to less than half the games and you get your money back. Its just an absolute no brainer for me. If you don't really go to many and just pick and choose a handful then I get it but if you generally go to most why would you not get one?

The finance thing I don't get either, might just be me and this might sound harsh. But you know when ST renewal time is, if you can't put £50 a month away a couple of months ahead then maybe its time to seriously look at your finances and your abilities to manage them. I know we don't have the wealthiest of fans but its just a couple less drinks at the bar a month, or a packet of fags less a week, or 1 less takeaway a week, or that overtime shift at work thats going once a month for a few months. Its really not hard to free up £200 when you know its coming, and if it is maybe its time to look in the mirror and think how can you improve your income or outgoings.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 13:05]

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Who Today? on 13:08 - Jun 26 with 5681 viewsjudd

From the Trust meeting with the club dated 5th April 2019:

"We queried the date that season tickets go on sale being after the end of the season, meaning that supporters would have to visit Spotland or pay an additional charge. The change to telephone and internet charges would help alleviate this, and there is no cost to have season tickets delivered this season."

Poll: What is it to be then?

Who Today? on 13:11 - Jun 26 with 5659 viewsD_Alien

Who Today? on 13:08 - Jun 26 by judd

From the Trust meeting with the club dated 5th April 2019:

"We queried the date that season tickets go on sale being after the end of the season, meaning that supporters would have to visit Spotland or pay an additional charge. The change to telephone and internet charges would help alleviate this, and there is no cost to have season tickets delivered this season."

Doesn't mention carriage fees

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Who Today? on 13:16 - Jun 26 with 5631 viewsjudd

Who Today? on 13:11 - Jun 26 by D_Alien

Doesn't mention carriage fees

Because common sense prevailed.

Who Today? on 13:47 - Jun 26 with 5543 viewsBigKindo

I recently bought 2 x £ 12-50 tickets direct from the Royal Albert Hall for a BBC Prom Concert in August. Handling charges totalled £ 4-50 and I had to remind them after 4 weeks I hadn't received the tickets. They arrived in the post by standard franked Royal Mail first class i.e.
£ 0-61. Rip off Britain
Who Today? on 14:14 - Jun 26 with 5445 viewsAncoats_Blue

Who Today? on 13:04 - Jun 26 by RAFC_1990

I get the points above, but surely if your a Dale fan and planning to go to most of the home games it makes sense to get a ticket. You only have to go to less than half the games and you get your money back. Its just an absolute no brainer for me. If you don't really go to many and just pick and choose a handful then I get it but if you generally go to most why would you not get one?

The finance thing I don't get either, might just be me and this might sound harsh. But you know when ST renewal time is, if you can't put £50 a month away a couple of months ahead then maybe its time to seriously look at your finances and your abilities to manage them. I know we don't have the wealthiest of fans but its just a couple less drinks at the bar a month, or a packet of fags less a week, or 1 less takeaway a week, or that overtime shift at work thats going once a month for a few months. Its really not hard to free up £200 when you know its coming, and if it is maybe its time to look in the mirror and think how can you improve your income or outgoings.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 13:05]

I don't disagree with planning ahead but in my circumstances that was a little difficult. Nevermind putting £50 per month away , try 10 x that being taken up for me. So, as I say, the finance option was something I was particularly keen on exploiting to ease cash flow. As it happens I've sorted myself out but I do wonder how many others haven't.

The club should be removing as many barriers as possible to get bums on seats and in a credit dependent society and in a fairly skint town a pay-monthly finance deal is just the solution. If it wasn't worthwhile other clubs wouldn't do it. Bradford do it, similar demographic, similar price for a ST.

In any case the club putting out messages of "updates in 2 weeks" , "updates soon" and not actually giving out any information is just sh1t communication. Sadly that's something I've got used to from RAFC over the years.
Who Today? on 14:35 - Jun 26 with 5368 viewsjudd

Who Today? on 14:14 - Jun 26 by Ancoats_Blue

I don't disagree with planning ahead but in my circumstances that was a little difficult. Nevermind putting £50 per month away , try 10 x that being taken up for me. So, as I say, the finance option was something I was particularly keen on exploiting to ease cash flow. As it happens I've sorted myself out but I do wonder how many others haven't.

The club should be removing as many barriers as possible to get bums on seats and in a credit dependent society and in a fairly skint town a pay-monthly finance deal is just the solution. If it wasn't worthwhile other clubs wouldn't do it. Bradford do it, similar demographic, similar price for a ST.

In any case the club putting out messages of "updates in 2 weeks" , "updates soon" and not actually giving out any information is just sh1t communication. Sadly that's something I've got used to from RAFC over the years.

More meaningless lip service.

I expect it will only get worse.

Who Today? on 14:41 - Jun 26 with 5335 viewsEllDale

Brad Wade has signed a three year deal so there's your answer.
Who Today? on 15:21 - Jun 26 with 5200 viewsjonahwhereru

Who Today? on 14:41 - Jun 26 by EllDale

Three years. Well done Brad and his agent. This has to be a signal that they see Wade as the future regular keeper, or that they have got him on the cheap.
Can see us going with just 2 keepers this year with this news. Will be interesting if Josh becomes unavailable will they dip into the loan market to drop a loanee into the first team or as a back up to Brad.
He did look light in weight and small in stature to me last year, when taking part in the warm ups. Has anyone seen him play, does he come for crosses and command the defence?
In any event it is a real opportunity for the lad so good luck to him.
Who Today? on 16:18 - Jun 26 with 5023 viewsisitme

Who Today? on 14:41 - Jun 26 by EllDale

Not the answer I expect, unless the rest have turned down their deals. I suppose he is a cheap back up to sit on the bench with the potential to develop. If Lillis is injured a loan signing can be brought in.

It would give Lillis a bit of confidence as well as Hill always seemed to want to replace him, but his replacements never seemed to pan out.
Who Today? on 16:28 - Jun 26 with 4985 viewselectricblue

A 3yr deal wow must have shown something to warrant that....

How does he compare Diba! Did he show enough to get the attention of a few top clubs at one stage and suddenly no offered a new contract..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024