Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) 12:31 - Jun 26 with 8087 viewshammerdale

Rumours going round hornets game off or being switched to Salford. Ground unfit?
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 12:48 - Jun 26 with 6006 viewsjudd

I just spoke to a Hornet's players' mum and she says it is definitely ON.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 13:16 - Jun 26 with 5920 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 12:48 - Jun 26 by judd

I just spoke to a Hornet's players' mum and she says it is definitely ON.

Update: she just got back to me to say there are doubts about the pitch readiness and other arrangements may have to be made.

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 13:24 - Jun 26 with 5930 viewsmingthemerciless

I suspect this won't the only fixture to be re-arranged. Sounds like the groundsman hadn't got his mind on the job !
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 13:59 - Jun 26 with 5806 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 13:24 - Jun 26 by mingthemerciless

I suspect this won't the only fixture to be re-arranged. Sounds like the groundsman hadn't got his mind on the job !

Maybe he's had his hands full?

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 14:25 - Jun 26 with 5768 viewsdeeplishblue

It's been wet and warm * pitch should be in good condition.

(* that's not meant to be a double entendre btw)

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 14:35 - Jun 26 with 5723 viewsdingdangblue

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 14:25 - Jun 26 by deeplishblue

It's been wet and warm * pitch should be in good condition.

(* that's not meant to be a double entendre btw)

It was only re-seeded the 2nd week of June - I think it will take longer than a few weeks to establish and be strong enough to play on.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 15:59 - Jun 26 with 5559 views442Dale

Work was originally supposed to start on 20/5/19 as per this: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/05/minutes-from-meeting-with-directors/

However we know this was delayed by a week:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/june/pitch-renovations--2019/

The important thing is that it’s all sorted, but it would be good to know if there have been any issues and reasons for the delay.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 17:53 - Jun 26 with 5395 viewsPotterDale

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 13:59 - Jun 26 by judd

I don't think that's an issue anymore.
Login to get fewer ads

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 18:19 - Jun 26 with 5310 viewsArthurDaley

Not to much info on the Hornets MB.
http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/343087-swinton-at-home/

A large VAT Dave

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:27 - Jun 26 with 5093 viewsflyerdale

New groundsman in place
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:39 - Jun 26 with 5037 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:27 - Jun 26 by flyerdale

New groundsman in place

Blimey, he came quick

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 18:24 - Jun 27 with 4544 views442Dale

https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/53004/crown-oil-arena-not-available

Hope we get a full update from Dale now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 18:48 - Jun 27 with 4475 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 18:24 - Jun 27 by 442Dale

https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/53004/crown-oil-arena-not-available

Hope we get a full update from Dale now.

Loss of revenue will probably equate to less than 5k after costs so it’s nothing in real terms to get the pitch right for the start of the season.

They forget so quickly what they have done in the past and would probably be better taking a more appreciative approach!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:10 - Jun 27 with 4364 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 18:48 - Jun 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

Loss of revenue will probably equate to less than 5k after costs so it’s nothing in real terms to get the pitch right for the start of the season.

They forget so quickly what they have done in the past and would probably be better taking a more appreciative approach!

Irrespective of the past, there is an agreement in place that the football club signed up to in order to obtain shares that ultimately gave back control of the stadium.

Apparently we are in no position to not embrace every source of income we can, whether that is honouring agreements, renting the old pitch out or selling commemorative fookin mugs.

As well as the loss of income we have to compensate Hornets. Salford want £8k to stage the game. Hmmm...

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 22:33 - Jun 27 with 4191 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 18:48 - Jun 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

If Hornets have to play at Salford's ground they charge 8 grand to rent the stadium. Mayfield would obviously be cheaper and more suitable but may not be deemed acceptable to the RFL. . The way I heard it the pitch is miles off being ready and more games will have be moved to alternative venues including the up coming Dale friendly with Blackburn Rovers.
At lot will depend on the weather.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2019 22:37]
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 22:40 - Jun 27 with 4162 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 22:33 - Jun 27 by mingthemerciless

If Hornets have to play at Salford's ground they charge 8 grand to rent the stadium. Mayfield would obviously be cheaper and more suitable but may not be deemed acceptable to the RFL. . The way I heard it the pitch is miles off being ready and more games will have be moved to alternative venues including the up coming Dale friendly with Blackburn Rovers.

If I were Hornets I would be expecting the football club to compensate the cost of games at Salford, who already have the licence. I would also add that future cooperation of two months of solid away games will not happen for pitch renovation if the football club do not comply.
I would hope the football club has penalty clauses in place with the pitch company to cover this issue with Hornets. I'm sure they have and I look forward to public affirmation.

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 22:45 - Jun 27 with 4151 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 22:33 - Jun 27 by mingthemerciless

If I was Mayfield I wouldn't be much cheaper at all.

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 08:42 - Jun 28 with 3950 viewssoulboy

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 22:45 - Jun 27 by judd

If I was Mayfield I wouldn't be much cheaper at all.

Does anyone know what Hornets gates are these days? A few years ago Oldham played their games on that rugby ground at Limeside which is similar to Mayfield.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 11:39 - Jun 28 with 3829 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 08:42 - Jun 28 by soulboy

Does anyone know what Hornets gates are these days? A few years ago Oldham played their games on that rugby ground at Limeside which is similar to Mayfield.

Depends who the opposition is so it can be anything between 500 to 1,200.

Sunday's game has been moved to Mayfield. Swinton aren't happy but it was the best alternative for me.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 15:39 - Jun 28 with 3710 viewsjudd

https://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/53003/swinton-lions-match-moved-to-

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:26 - Jun 28 with 3665 viewssmaclad1

If I were Hornets and didn't like this, I would p*ss off and sign up with another local sporting club with a pitch. One that accords with our high ideals, our own sense of self-importance and has a similar business model to our own. bury it is then. Cheerio.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:39 - Jun 28 with 3644 viewsEllDale

I think that Swinton are going a bit over the top calling Mayfield "an amateur pitch with a rail round it". Not bad for a club who don't have a ground of their own and who have been nomadic since 1992.
Anyone who spends time in Hornets' division will tell that Sheffield is basically a field with a marquee and some portaloos round it.

I can understand Hornets feeling aggrieved though, especially after the aggro when York arrived one Sunday earlier in the season and the posts hadn't been put up because it was too windy.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:48 - Jun 28 with 3620 viewsaleanddale

have a missed something Judd with the groundsman?

I thought he was a new fella who started at the Dale the middle of last year?.

I take it there is rumblings of extra curricular?
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 17:14 - Jun 28 with 3580 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:39 - Jun 28 by EllDale

I think that Swinton are going a bit over the top calling Mayfield "an amateur pitch with a rail round it". Not bad for a club who don't have a ground of their own and who have been nomadic since 1992.
Anyone who spends time in Hornets' division will tell that Sheffield is basically a field with a marquee and some portaloos round it.

I can understand Hornets feeling aggrieved though, especially after the aggro when York arrived one Sunday earlier in the season and the posts hadn't been put up because it was too windy.

This will be the fourth game this season were the pitch has been unavailable for Hornets to play on and games have had to be called off. 1 pre season friendly and 3 league games.

The York game was particular bad as the players from both teams were ready to play and York had brought a substantial following over.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 17:27 - Jun 28 with 3547 viewsjudd

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:26 - Jun 28 by smaclad1

If I were Hornets and didn't like this, I would p*ss off and sign up with another local sporting club with a pitch. One that accords with our high ideals, our own sense of self-importance and has a similar business model to our own. bury it is then. Cheerio.

You could argue that this may be RAFC's overall strategy in "encouraging" Hornets to move away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024