Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... 13:52 - Jul 2 with 2336 viewsCleedale

...if you could choose and sign an ex-player (from whatever time in our history) to come in and really bolster the squad and perhaps inspire us getting top-half; who would it be?

Personally, I'm leaving players like Lambert/Murray/Holt/Hogan although it'd be nice to get Scotty back just to build his confidence back up. Of course doesn't have to be a striker but feel we need someone to compliment Hendo (who has obv. been highly inspirational in any case).

So, perhaps controversially? I'm going for a fully-fit and hungry Paul Connor.

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 14:01 - Jul 2 with 2289 viewsjonahwhereru

If I had just one choice given the squad we have at the moment it would have to be a centre half or a left back.
Dawson is the obvious one but an Alan Reeves would also do nicely.
The LB would have to be Tom Kennedy.
Tough for me to leave out Gary Jones but both Dawson and Reeves were leaders and we have more midfield options in the current squad.
Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 14:35 - Jul 2 with 2202 viewsYadHoDale

Reg Jenkins to take some of the goalscoring burden off Hendo?

Joe Cooke to be a consummate professional at Centre Half.

Eric Snookes as a slightly evil left back?

No. My choice would be Jon Bowden, to add leadership and devilment to an inexperienced midfield... :)
Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 14:53 - Jul 2 with 2178 viewsregjenkins

Tony Buck up front and Colin Waldron at the back.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 15:15 - Jul 2 with 2127 viewsboromat

Obviously it'd be easy to say Craig Dawson and Glen Murray but more realistically and from any era;

A Richard Jobson type signing for the back. I know we don't do old journey men anymore but some real steady experience at the back that can still perform at our level would be great.

In midfield a Gary Jones every day. We're missing some real steel in the middle of the park.

Up front I think we miss a bit of pace but more importantly just someone who can finish and maybe allow Hendo to be more involved in the game so Steve Whitehall because why not. 😂

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 15:27 - Jul 2 with 2100 viewselectricblue

For me it would be.
Banks.
Lyndon.
Jobson.
Evans.
Reeves.
Atkinson before his injury.
Dawson.
Jones.
Buckley.

It depends really what area is short when the season starts..

Add monnington to that list as a cb he could score a few...
[Post edited 2 Jul 2019 19:22]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 15:57 - Jul 2 with 2033 viewsDaleFan7

McCourt, we don't have anyone in the squad who can run at defenders and really put fear into them like he could.
Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 16:04 - Jul 2 with 2013 viewsD_Alien

George Donnelly

We're lacking a scapegoat for the start of the season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 16:24 - Jul 2 with 1960 viewsJumeirahDale

Dawson - to take some of the goalscoring pressure off Hendo!
Login to get fewer ads

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 16:37 - Jul 2 with 1912 viewsEllDale

If we can't pick the genuine stars like Dawson, Murray and Lambert then I would stiffen the spine of the team with Gareth Griffiths, Gary Jones and Steve Taylor.
Would be nice to have Derek Ryder as well!
Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 16:51 - Jul 2 with 1865 viewsCleedale

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 15:57 - Jul 2 by DaleFan7

McCourt, we don't have anyone in the squad who can run at defenders and really put fear into them like he could.

That's an interesting one.

I remember someone telling me about 'this' youth-teamer we had and just wait 'til he gets in the 1st team.

Actually saw him score towards the Sandy end during one of those mazey runs he carried off. I know he had his critics for perhaps not putting his 10-penneth in but once he got the ball, well...
Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 17:49 - Jul 2 with 1786 viewsblackdogblue

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 16:51 - Jul 2 by Cleedale

That's an interesting one.

I remember someone telling me about 'this' youth-teamer we had and just wait 'til he gets in the 1st team.

Actually saw him score towards the Sandy end during one of those mazey runs he carried off. I know he had his critics for perhaps not putting his 10-penneth in but once he got the ball, well...

Ricky Lambert or more realistically..

Jack O’Connell would love to see back, Hogan, Holty but would be happy with anyone who can shoot 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 17:58 - Jul 2 with 1772 viewsShun

NML or Buckley just to get some excitement and pace back into the team.
Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 18:23 - Jul 2 with 1735 viewsPotterDale

Steve Taylor, Hendo would then be playing the Ronnie Moore role and we'd be comfortable by January.
Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 20:35 - Jul 2 with 1583 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I always rated Andy flounders but sadly Sutton never got the best out of him, Steve Taylor was awesome, particularly in his first spell, Reeves at the time was beyond good and Paul Butler remarkably under rated.

For me though I would go for Alan Johnson in defence, just what we need.
Midfield wise Jonah is a given but Shaun Reid would add that bite.
Forward wise Mark Stuart was mesmerising at his best.

I have tried to pick players we could realistically attract rather than the superstars we have managed to bring on

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 20:37 - Jul 2 with 1570 viewspioneer

Norman Whitehead
Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 02:37 - Jul 4 with 1336 viewsNigeriamark

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 20:37 - Jul 2 by pioneer

Norman Whitehead

Always liked Tony Ellis even though we only got him at the end of his career. Him and Hendo would be a handful for anyone at this level

Jonah in midfield especially in the season when he bagged a few. Joe Cooke was a good shout from someone but probably edged by Dawson for me. When you look back we’ve had a lot of good centre backs
Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 05:33 - Jul 4 with 1294 viewsPeaky

Nothing Exciting Yet...BUT... on 02:37 - Jul 4 by Nigeriamark

Always liked Tony Ellis even though we only got him at the end of his career. Him and Hendo would be a handful for anyone at this level

Jonah in midfield especially in the season when he bagged a few. Joe Cooke was a good shout from someone but probably edged by Dawson for me. When you look back we’ve had a lot of good centre backs

For me:
Alan Reeves to bolster the defence although personally i feel EEL is as the best option we have in the current game if we could get him. Thought he really solidified our back line.

I would have Jimmy graham for left back for his cheeky throw ins and ability to deliver a ball

Jones/shauny reid for some guile to add to the midfield. If money was no object would throw in Jason Peake so we could see some worldies from midfield again.

NML to give us some pace out wide and my favourite striker Stevie Whitehall to give hendo a break. A fit and firing Paul Conner would not go a miss either.

Left out the the usual candidates ie Dawson/Lambert/Holt/Murray etc but would have them in a heartbeat.

Always a fan of Animal (Jonny Bowden) just to get the crowd going and dare i saw Simpson as we have not seen anyone as good at taking free kicks.

These posts are starting to make me feel my age
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024