Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nahki Wells 14:00 - Jul 5 with 5879 viewsfournil

Just wondered what people's thoughts were on getting him back on loan - obviously wages a problem but if they weren't would he be welcomed back?
Personally I could see his class and can't think of many better tried and tested strikers that might/would be available. I'd give him another season, when he was on it I thought he was excellent although obviously tailed off at the end
I did see a tweet where he said he would love to come back again but probably lip service.

Thoughts
Nahki Wells on 14:03 - Jul 5 with 5028 viewsBuckR

If you'd have asked me in January I would have said absolutely but now I would say no
Nahki Wells on 14:10 - Jul 5 with 4974 viewsToast_R

He was a bit sh*t in the end wasn't he?
What was it, fatigue, attitude, lack of service or just when it came to the crunch he just wasn't that good?

My preference would be If was on a free and fits into the current wage budget then yes fine because we only have Oteh but that's just not going to happen is it? He's 30 next year so needs a solid contract before he winds down .
Nahki Wells on 14:13 - Jul 5 with 4959 viewsMytch_QPR

Ask me again on 2 Aug - if we haven't got any strikers on board then it's a yes from me (but don't let him take the penalties)...

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Nahki Wells on 14:21 - Jul 5 with 4893 viewsaston_hoop

Its a tough one because at his best, he was exceptional. But I really can't see it. Really, unless our scouts have got something really special up their sleeves, the kind of markets we are looking at are Cameron Jerome on a free transfer from the Turkish league and Ben Woodburn on loan from Liverpool or someone like that.

edit - by the above examples, I mean players who nobody else wants or are not experienced enough to command a decent fee
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 14:22]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Nahki Wells on 14:46 - Jul 5 with 4761 viewsfrancisbowles

Nahki Wells on 14:10 - Jul 5 by Toast_R

He was a bit sh*t in the end wasn't he?
What was it, fatigue, attitude, lack of service or just when it came to the crunch he just wasn't that good?

My preference would be If was on a free and fits into the current wage budget then yes fine because we only have Oteh but that's just not going to happen is it? He's 30 next year so needs a solid contract before he winds down .

He was playing for himself, so desperate to score he was having ridiculous shots that were a danger to the scoreboard and grabbing the ball for penalties.

I would't really want him back unless it's a permanent free and within our budget, which is unlikely. On a loan it could go the same way again.
Nahki Wells on 14:59 - Jul 5 with 4697 viewsBoston

Always a fan, though disappointed with his performances over the last two months.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nahki Wells on 15:07 - Jul 5 with 4660 viewsbosh67

Really prone to go off the boil but really good when on his game. Terrible penalty taker but as a player, very talented, very good passer of the ball and link up work when on form was excellent, as was his finishing. But too many confidence crisis in between. Out of our league wages wise now so sadly a non starter.

We've picked up manning and Smyth from the Irish leagues. There must be a few decent young strikers out there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nahki Wells on 15:20 - Jul 5 with 4597 viewsSir_Chops

Think someone from the club was out in Portugal watching a game or two recently too, weren't they? Clearly casting the net nice and wide. I wonder if they'll be taking a look at anyone in Austria.
Login to get fewer ads

Nahki Wells on 15:33 - Jul 5 with 4536 viewsstevec

He’s always looked best at teams who move the ball quickly and let’s face it, that’s not us.
Nahki Wells on 15:41 - Jul 5 with 4494 viewsdannyblue

Nahki Wells on 14:46 - Jul 5 by francisbowles

He was playing for himself, so desperate to score he was having ridiculous shots that were a danger to the scoreboard and grabbing the ball for penalties.

I would't really want him back unless it's a permanent free and within our budget, which is unlikely. On a loan it could go the same way again.

This
Nahki Wells on 15:42 - Jul 5 with 4485 viewsLblock

Nahki Wells on 15:20 - Jul 5 by Sir_Chops

Think someone from the club was out in Portugal watching a game or two recently too, weren't they? Clearly casting the net nice and wide. I wonder if they'll be taking a look at anyone in Austria.

That was me and a few other lads..... took in a game just outside Porto. Didn't see anything much on offer but we had a great time.

Nik Nak? Ahhhh... Nik Nak. i think he's a great player, Schteeve flogged him to death and I think once he realised we weren't going to make the play offs, were out of the FA Cup and probably couldn't sign him.... he went a bit selfish and/or through the motions.
I'd take him back on a permanent deal every day of the week as long as he was a nominal fee, sensible wages and agreed to never take a penalty again. EVER.

Not going to happen - he's got too much in his locker and will go to better clubs than us.

Keep your fingers crossed Warbs can unearth the next Neil Maupay for a fraction of the cost. I can't see it myself but we live in hope

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Nahki Wells on 16:08 - Jul 5 with 4381 viewsoldmisery

Nahki Wells on 15:42 - Jul 5 by Lblock

That was me and a few other lads..... took in a game just outside Porto. Didn't see anything much on offer but we had a great time.

Nik Nak? Ahhhh... Nik Nak. i think he's a great player, Schteeve flogged him to death and I think once he realised we weren't going to make the play offs, were out of the FA Cup and probably couldn't sign him.... he went a bit selfish and/or through the motions.
I'd take him back on a permanent deal every day of the week as long as he was a nominal fee, sensible wages and agreed to never take a penalty again. EVER.

Not going to happen - he's got too much in his locker and will go to better clubs than us.

Keep your fingers crossed Warbs can unearth the next Neil Maupay for a fraction of the cost. I can't see it myself but we live in hope

Don't know if Maupay was ever on Warburton's radar but he signed for Brentford two years after M.W left. Know what you mean though, hopefully someone at the club is in the process of unearthing a hidden gem of a striker or two.
Nahki Wells on 16:26 - Jul 5 with 4314 viewssimmo

Nahki Wells on 14:59 - Jul 5 by Boston

Always a fan, though disappointed with his performances over the last two months.

Basically this, although I have to say someone like him (maybe actually him) would go down well in a MW team. He can lead the line as a lone striker, run the channels and finish. If he's not flogged to death and properly motivated I think we could do a lot worse...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Nahki Wells on 16:45 - Jul 5 with 4233 viewsLowerloftLad

he was to hit and miss for me felt he really let the side down in the fa cup vs watford

bagged 9 goals but also missed 5 pens and must have been our top earner will be interested to see were he ends up as the bookies have burnley to be in the bottom three come the end of the season
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 16:48]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Nahki Wells on 07:42 - Jul 8 with 3440 viewsGloucs_R

Went off the boil, as did many last season. I'd have him back, play to his strengths and he'll score 15-20. Keep booting it up to his head and he won't score. We need to strikers though, one maybe a little more raw.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Nahki Wells on 08:08 - Jul 8 with 3361 viewsenfieldargh

Give me Crouchy on a pay as you play contract anytime.

Nakki not for me though I'm sure he'll come back to haunt us...probably from the penalty spot

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nahki Wells on 08:43 - Jul 8 with 3262 viewsdaveB

one of the most over rated players we've had in recent years, a big upgrade on Washington and Sylla but still not all that
Nahki Wells on 08:43 - Jul 8 with 3261 viewsWestbourneR

Around Crimbo a bunch of people on here were they’d have over Austin...

Anyway stupidity like that aside I have to say I really liked his attitude for a loan player. He seemed committed and he always grafted, even when his form went south.

For me his biggest problem is his finishing and shooting technique. He just could hit the ball clean and hard - and that was a problem

Which brings me back to Austin... sigh... now that man can spank a ball.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Nahki Wells on 08:52 - Jul 8 with 3227 viewsQPROslo

No from me. Even at his best Wells was running all over the place but not into their box. Hemed was better because he got where he was supposed to be when fit, in their box.
Nahki Wells on 09:28 - Jul 8 with 3126 viewsPeterHucker

No thanks.
I'm sure there are many better hungrier strikers out there on much lower wages.
Nahki Wells on 11:25 - Jul 8 with 2953 viewsrobith

Got us out of a hole last season, but it's not a sustainable way to live. Money better spent on a player who belongs to us, who can be developed with a sell on value
Nahki Wells on 11:56 - Jul 8 with 2863 viewsenfieldargh

Nahki Wells on 11:25 - Jul 8 by robith

Got us out of a hole last season, but it's not a sustainable way to live. Money better spent on a player who belongs to us, who can be developed with a sell on value

I think Oteh had he been given a chance would have done no worse...especially from the penalt spot

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nahki Wells on 20:53 - Jul 8 with 2571 viewsDejR_vu

Whether he’s rated or not, i’d be very surprised, given our financial position, if we signed anyone anywhere near as good.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Nahki Wells on 21:20 - Jul 8 with 2478 viewscolinallcars

Not for me. We need to bite the bullet and somehow come up with a striker of our own.
Nahki Wells on 22:10 - Jul 8 with 2341 viewsichbinnaughty

Nahki Wells on 21:20 - Jul 8 by colinallcars

Not for me. We need to bite the bullet and somehow come up with a striker of our own.

Where’s Tom Hitchcock when you need him?!?!

(Where TF IS Tom Hitchcock these days?!?!!!)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024