Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Schedule 18:28 - Jul 8 with 6338 viewsSuddenLad

Battle of the Bankrupt... September 8th

[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 18:28]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sky Schedule on 18:34 - Jul 8 with 4011 viewsblackdogblue

Money from TV will come in handy towards redundancy money for the back office staff at the Buckets...

Absolute disgusting decision to show this game, what they promoting it as, the battle of the -12 pointers???

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Sky Schedule on 18:40 - Jul 8 with 3987 viewsrafc1984

Sky Schedule on 18:34 - Jul 8 by blackdogblue

Money from TV will come in handy towards redundancy money for the back office staff at the Buckets...

Absolute disgusting decision to show this game, what they promoting it as, the battle of the -12 pointers???

I dont think it makes any difference. I'm pretty sure now efl tv money is divied up equally whether you're on telly or not
Sky Schedule on 18:41 - Jul 8 with 3971 viewsdale1968

Looking at their CVA Document I cant see them lasting that long..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Sky Schedule on 18:52 - Jul 8 with 3921 views1907

Sky Schedule on 18:34 - Jul 8 by blackdogblue

The money is shared amongst clubs, no bonus for having a match shown now.

This was the case when we played Charlton on the final game last year.

Ridiculous how they’re advertising two terrible clubs who have caused so much damage to so many.
Sky Schedule on 19:00 - Jul 8 with 3867 viewssince58

Will be giving that game a miss. IF it even goes ahead.
Sky Schedule on 19:55 - Jul 8 with 3709 viewsTVOS1907

Unfortunately, it clashes with day 5 of the Old Trafford Ashes Test on Sky Sports Cricket...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sky Schedule on 20:02 - Jul 8 with 3689 viewsisitme

Sky Schedule on 19:55 - Jul 8 by TVOS1907

Unfortunately, it clashes with day 5 of the Old Trafford Ashes Test on Sky Sports Cricket...

What the Ashes is on at Old Trafford? How do I not know about it? If only they had mentioned it on BBC or ITV!
Sky Schedule on 20:08 - Jul 8 with 3652 viewsTVOS1907

Sky Schedule on 20:02 - Jul 8 by isitme

What the Ashes is on at Old Trafford? How do I not know about it? If only they had mentioned it on BBC or ITV!

Or Pathe News...

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Schedule on 20:16 - Jul 8 with 3629 viewsfitzochris

What’s cricket?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sky Schedule on 07:56 - Jul 9 with 3179 viewsaleanddale

A disgrace showing this fixture rewarding cheating with TV exposure.

I know the reward is not financial as evenly distributed but still!

Sky are a joke I hope they are rewarded with shockingly low viewing figures.
Sky Schedule on 08:16 - Jul 9 with 3147 viewsDaleiLama

Dubbed El Boracico on Beardy. Mostly gallows humour but a few seemed to take some perverse pride in it.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sky Schedule on 08:24 - Jul 9 with 3122 viewsSandyDrum

Sky Schedule on 07:56 - Jul 9 by aleanddale

A disgrace showing this fixture rewarding cheating with TV exposure.

I know the reward is not financial as evenly distributed but still!

Sky are a joke I hope they are rewarded with shockingly low viewing figures.

Curious.

In what way are they being rewarded?
Now that the money is evenly distributed I don't see how it's a reward.

If anything, floating fans will choose to watch the game at home on Sky so the teams will lose revenue rather than gain it.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Sky Schedule on 09:02 - Jul 9 with 3059 viewsaleanddale

Sky Schedule on 08:24 - Jul 9 by SandyDrum

Curious.

In what way are they being rewarded?
Now that the money is evenly distributed I don't see how it's a reward.

If anything, floating fans will choose to watch the game at home on Sky so the teams will lose revenue rather than gain it.

Rewarded because BWFC & BFC will play the woe is us card getting the maximum tv exposure.

Sky playing up to the poor little blighters that have been hard done by.

It’s a kick in the kahunas for all clubs trying to get by the right way.

Hope the game starts with them both on -12 it finishes 0-0 and both clubs move onto -11.
Sky Schedule on 09:21 - Jul 9 with 3024 viewsEllDale

England might win the test match within four days?
Sky Schedule on 09:27 - Jul 9 with 3006 viewsTVOS1907

Sky Schedule on 09:21 - Jul 9 by EllDale

They might, but nobody will know about it.

Sky Schedule on 09:28 - Jul 9 with 3003 viewsisitme

Sky Schedule on 09:21 - Jul 9 by EllDale

What test match?
Sky Schedule on 09:33 - Jul 9 with 2988 viewsTVOS1907

Sky Schedule on 09:02 - Jul 9 by aleanddale

Rewarded because BWFC & BFC will play the woe is us card getting the maximum tv exposure.

Hope the game starts with them both on -12 it finishes 0-0 and both clubs move onto -11.

I'm curious too.

How many people do you think are realistically going to be sat at home on a Sunday lunchtime in September, thinking, "I know what, I'll watch Bolton v bury on Sky and feel sorry for them?"

That sort of game will realistically only attract the interest of lower division football fans who will know the stories anyway. And if they are anything like 'normal' lower division football fans, they will see through any hype and make up their own minds about things.

It's only the same as when Dale have been featured live and the way we run our club has been positively portrayed. I can't recall us ever being kicked in the kahunas!

If anything, it's the likes of Radio Manchester who have a lot to answer for as they have massaged the egos of and sucked up to those involved with Bolton and bury on an almost weekly basis (and to a more local, interested audience) without ever questioning anything.

Sky Schedule on 09:55 - Jul 9 with 2942 viewsfitzochris

Sky Schedule on 09:33 - Jul 9 by TVOS1907

I'm curious too.

How many people do you think are realistically going to be sat at home on a Sunday lunchtime in September, thinking, "I know what, I'll watch Bolton v bury on Sky and feel sorry for them?"

That sort of game will realistically only attract the interest of lower division football fans who will know the stories anyway. And if they are anything like 'normal' lower division football fans, they will see through any hype and make up their own minds about things.

It's only the same as when Dale have been featured live and the way we run our club has been positively portrayed. I can't recall us ever being kicked in the kahunas!

If anything, it's the likes of Radio Manchester who have a lot to answer for as they have massaged the egos of and sucked up to those involved with Bolton and bury on an almost weekly basis (and to a more local, interested audience) without ever questioning anything.

The final paragraph is bang on. They are not referred to as Matey FM for nothing.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sky Schedule on 10:33 - Jul 9 with 2889 viewsScunnydale

Sky Schedule on 09:02 - Jul 9 by aleanddale

While I don't agree that whatever Sky may or may not say will influence the paltry number of viewers, it does remind me of something from last season.

Clem "ITK" Fandango (or whatever he's called on BBC's Final Score) was trumpeting a Bury victory towards the back end of last season. He said that "after all that's gone on", re unpaid wages, they still managed a win and it was easily his performance of the week.

That "all that's gone on" was skirted over. He didn't mention them putting together a squad they couldn't afford or that winning games against lower/mid-table League Two teams was the minimum that expensively assembled squad should have been capable of doing.
Sky Schedule on 11:01 - Jul 9 with 2818 viewsD_Alien

Sky Schedule on 10:33 - Jul 9 by Scunnydale

While I don't agree that whatever Sky may or may not say will influence the paltry number of viewers, it does remind me of something from last season.

Clem "ITK" Fandango (or whatever he's called on BBC's Final Score) was trumpeting a Bury victory towards the back end of last season. He said that "after all that's gone on", re unpaid wages, they still managed a win and it was easily his performance of the week.

That "all that's gone on" was skirted over. He didn't mention them putting together a squad they couldn't afford or that winning games against lower/mid-table League Two teams was the minimum that expensively assembled squad should have been capable of doing.

The key phrases in that post are "trumpeting" and "back end"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sky Schedule on 12:00 - Jul 9 with 2731 viewsDaleiLama

Sky Schedule on 11:01 - Jul 9 by D_Alien

The key phrases in that post are "trumpeting" and "back end"

Ras per usual

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sky Schedule on 12:21 - Jul 9 with 2676 viewselectricblue

How far away is the season!
Bury have to survive the next few weeks and then find players daft enough to play for the club..

Anybody think Bury might not start the season.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sky Schedule on 12:30 - Jul 9 with 2656 viewsEllDale

I would be extremely surprised if they don't start the season.
It wouldn't be that hard to cobble together a team; whether or not it would be competitive enough to claw back a -12 point deficit is another matter.
Sky Schedule on 13:50 - Jul 9 with 2505 viewsfermin

Sky Schedule on 12:30 - Jul 9 by EllDale

I would be extremely surprised if they don't start the season.
It wouldn't be that hard to cobble together a team; whether or not it would be competitive enough to claw back a -12 point deficit is another matter.

True. you just have to think of Doncaster in 1997/8:

https://thetwounfortunates.com/hopeless-football-league-teams-7-doncaster-rovers
Sky Schedule on 13:56 - Jul 9 with 2490 viewsEllDale

I didn't realise that Danny Bergara had had a short spell in charge at Donny in that season.
And is it the same Andy Thorpe!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024