Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Game Cancelled 13:13 - Jul 9 with 6787 viewsboromat

Well that's not great is it.

Obviously the pitch being started late has had a knock on effect but I'm sure there's a reason that in previous seasons the home friendlies have been the last that we have played!

Feel like the planning could have been better by the club regardless of the contractors late start.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 13:15]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 13:30 - Jul 9 with 3986 views442Dale

After Trust meeting with the club on 7/5/19
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/05/minutes-from-meeting-with-directors/
<<“As has been the case in the pretty much every single meeting with the Directors, questions were sent in about the pitch and work that was planned for it. We were informed that Premier Pitches Limited were due to start work on the pitch on May 20th. Premier Pitches were responsible for a number of pitches at League One level, with Peterborough and Bristol Rovers cited as examples. as usual as agreement has been reached with Hornets not to play on the pitch once the work has started until an agreed date of 30th June.”>>

From the OS 1/6/19.
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/june/pitch-renovations--2019/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 13:42 - Jul 9 with 3910 viewsBigKindo

Potential clash with the Cricket World Cup Final?
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 13:44 - Jul 9 with 3901 views442Dale

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 13:42 - Jul 9 by BigKindo

Main stand/Willbutts will be a short boundary.

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 13:52 - Jul 9 with 3857 viewsisitme

Wait not only is there an Ashes series but there is a World Cup Final on Sunday! Not sure how I have missed all of this.
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 14:27 - Jul 9 with 3756 viewsTVOS1907

Where can I see that?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 14:38 - Jul 9 with 3725 viewsDaleiLama

If only we'd installed a fence to make it grow?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 14:44 - Jul 9 with 3700 viewsMoonyDale

I wonder if the egg chasers who were slating the football club and throwing comments around about this all being an anti Hairnet ploy by the club will be back on here eating some humble pie......I won't hold my breath...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 14:52 - Jul 9 with 3660 viewssoulboy

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 14:44 - Jul 9 by MoonyDale

I wonder if the egg chasers who were slating the football club and throwing comments around about this all being an anti Hairnet ploy by the club will be back on here eating some humble pie......I won't hold my breath...

Great point, i see Hairnets are playing at "home" on Saturday, unless that game is being switched to Mayfield?
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 15:27 - Jul 9 with 3566 viewsMoonyDale

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 14:52 - Jul 9 by soulboy

Great point, i see Hairnets are playing at "home" on Saturday, unless that game is being switched to Mayfield?

Still at the COA as of today, if you pop over to their forum and read the AGM shambles thread you will see that nothing really changes at egg chasing central....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 17:04 - Jul 9 with 3338 viewsblackdogblue

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 15:27 - Jul 9 by MoonyDale

Still at the COA as of today, if you pop over to their forum and read the AGM shambles thread you will see that nothing really changes at egg chasing central....

Why can’t the egg chasers play at Giggle Lane?

Nothing is going to Played there is it, they only have about 4 players & no keeper....

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 18:42 - Jul 9 with 3150 viewsmingthemerciless

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 15:27 - Jul 9 by MoonyDale

Hornets have kept their side of the bargain. Over to the Dale now. The elephant in the room is why the pitch needs this degree of work every summer.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 19:21]
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 19:04 - Jul 9 with 3103 viewsYorkshire_Dale

So,plans for Sunday out the window.......great stuff.

We've had perfect weather for grass growing.........hot and wet. I know the Club won't loose much financially on this cancellation but it is a bit tinpot after a fair bit of hype going on.
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 19:45 - Jul 9 with 3011 viewsisitme

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 18:42 - Jul 9 by mingthemerciless

Hornets have kept their side of the bargain. Over to the Dale now. The elephant in the room is why the pitch needs this degree of work every summer.

Most teams do it.
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 20:33 - Jul 9 with 2921 viewsmacro

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 18:42 - Jul 9 by mingthemerciless

Hornets are leeches of the greatest order. They screwed the football club over for years - you expect sympathy....
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 20:36 - Jul 9 with 2902 views442Dale

Hornets are really irrelevant in this situation, the main thing is that the work on the pitch ensures we have a good surface for the entire season.

As with everything else, decisions can be evaluated based on evidence and outcomes.

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 21:08 - Jul 9 with 2833 viewsmingthemerciless

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 20:33 - Jul 9 by macro

Hornets are leeches of the greatest order. They screwed the football club over for years - you expect sympathy....

No, we expect to be able to use the pitch as per the the contract both clubs signed.
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 21:35 - Jul 9 with 2780 views442Dale

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 21:08 - Jul 9 by mingthemerciless

No, we expect to be able to use the pitch as per the the contract both clubs signed.

Yes. But again, this is irrelevant. It is not about who is using the pitch and how much over a period of time when such an amount of fixtures are to be expected, but whether the work on the pitch has gone well to ensure a good quality surface for the next ten months. There is absolutely no reason for this not to be the case based on the information in the links earlier in the thread.

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 11:34 - Jul 10 with 2418 viewsDalenet

Like everyone, I am a bit cheesed off that I now have to abandon the weekend plans. But if the pitch isn't stable so be it. Lets hope it is strong enough for the rugby games over the next few weeks.

Just wonder how Blackburn feel about it. I am sure they feel disgruntled and won't be offering to come to us any time soon if asked
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 12:30 - Jul 10 with 2337 viewselectricblue

Cant even see Bury starting the season..
Who would want to actually sign for them with the huge possibility of not getting paid..
If any out of contract player used their brains they just wouldnt sign....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 12:35 - Jul 10 with 2322 viewsoff2div1

What about getting the team up to match fit, can we not find a pitch in Greater Manchester.
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 16:23 - Jul 10 with 2202 viewsmingthemerciless

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 11:34 - Jul 10 by Dalenet

Like everyone, I am a bit cheesed off that I now have to abandon the weekend plans. But if the pitch isn't stable so be it. Lets hope it is strong enough for the rugby games over the next few weeks.

Just wonder how Blackburn feel about it. I am sure they feel disgruntled and won't be offering to come to us any time soon if asked

I'm just a cheesed off as you. I was intending to go over on Sunday. Nice day out, cheap admission and the chance to see a decent game against a team with a few good players that we've all heard of.
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 16:25 - Jul 10 with 2193 viewsEllDale

Are Hornets still playing Toulouse at Spotland on Saturday or has it been moved to Mayfield?
Be hard to shift that one to a different date when flights, hotels etc have been booked.
Blackburn Game Cancelled on 16:30 - Jul 10 with 2175 viewsfitzochris

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 16:25 - Jul 10 by EllDale

Are Hornets still playing Toulouse at Spotland on Saturday or has it been moved to Mayfield?
Be hard to shift that one to a different date when flights, hotels etc have been booked.

Hornets are still playing at Spotland, yes.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 17:05 - Jul 10 with 2140 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 16:30 - Jul 10 by fitzochris

Hornets are still playing at Spotland, yes.

In fairness it’s a vital game for them, it could mean all the difference between relegated to championship 1 with an embarrassing 1 win or being relegated to championship 1 with more points!!!

Was there no discussion about sharing gate receipts after costs and we fulfilled the Blackburn game and they play elsewhere? Surely it makes more sense for us both, as I doubt they will have many there.

What’s the average attendance for hornets and estimated match day revenue? Anyone got a rough idea after costs?

This is not a case of beating hornets for what they have done in the past, that may as well be forgiven if not forgotten, but if it made financial sense why not?

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Blackburn Game Cancelled on 18:47 - Jul 10 with 2036 viewsboromat

I think in terms of choosing the competitive rugby fixture over a friendly football match the club have made the right decision. Competitive games should come first in my opinion.

However my original points about getting into this situation in the first place and having the home friendlies early in preseason still stand.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024