Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20 months 19:29 - Jul 10 with 5209 viewsisitme

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/129032/woman-jai

Twenty months for killing someone and then trying to flee the country, what a derisory sentence.
20 months on 19:34 - Jul 10 with 4036 viewsjudd

Can't lenient sentencing be appealed by the CPS?

It is an utterly disgraceful sentence, all things considered

Poll: What is it to be then?

20 months on 19:44 - Jul 10 with 3986 viewsThacks_Rabbits

20 months on 19:34 - Jul 10 by judd

Absolutely fcking ridiculous

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

20 months on 19:49 - Jul 10 with 3966 viewsmightydale

A person got longer sentence then that, for putting bacon on a mosque door handle.

Fcuking joke, but what you expect from our justice system.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

20 months on 20:01 - Jul 10 with 3935 viewsisitme

I'm sure the feminists will protest to get her a longer sentence in the name of equality.
20 months on 20:02 - Jul 10 with 3924 viewskel

20 months on 19:49 - Jul 10 by mightydale

A person got longer sentence then that, for putting bacon on a mosque door handle.

Fcuking joke, but what you expect from our justice system.

Not heard that one before. Have you got a link?
20 months on 20:05 - Jul 10 with 3906 viewsCleedale

20 months on 19:34 - Jul 10 by judd

The 'general public' can influence unduly lenient sentencing...

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/aug/06/slight-fall-in-number-of-sentences-i
20 months on 20:07 - Jul 10 with 3894 viewsisitme

20 months on 20:02 - Jul 10 by kel

Not heard that one before. Have you got a link?

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/24/extremist-left-bacon-mosque-died-prison-drug-over

A very strange guy by the sounds of it. Jailed for a year but never made it out.
20 months on 20:18 - Jul 10 with 3832 viewskel

20 months on 20:07 - Jul 10 by isitme

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/24/extremist-left-bacon-mosque-died-prison-drug-over

A very strange guy by the sounds of it. Jailed for a year but never made it out.

Cheers but it doesn’t mention what the full sentence was.

A “far right football hooligan” eh? I can see now why some think he was hard done by.
Login to get fewer ads

20 months on 20:21 - Jul 10 with 3813 viewsisitme

20 months on 20:18 - Jul 10 by kel

Cheers but it doesn’t mention what the full sentence was.

A “far right football hooligan” eh? I can see now why some think he was hard done by.

It says he was jailed for a year for his 'protest' a bit under the image.
20 months on 20:23 - Jul 10 with 3804 viewsDaley_Lama

The law in this area has always been woefully lenient on the perpetrator.

It is no deterrent and leaves the family/friends angry.

Death by dangerous driving sentences can be appealed.
Death by careless driving sentences can’t.

Poll: DF in or out

20 months on 20:23 - Jul 10 with 3802 viewskel

20 months on 20:21 - Jul 10 by isitme

It says he was jailed for a year for his 'protest' a bit under the image.

Sorry missed that.

I also must have missed the part in life where 20 months was less than a year.
20 months on 20:28 - Jul 10 with 3770 viewsisitme

20 months on 20:23 - Jul 10 by Daley_Lama

I agree entirely. Think of the likes of Lee Hughes and the guy the death at the Sandy Lane lights a few years ago.
20 months on 20:30 - Jul 10 with 3762 viewsThacks_Rabbits

20 months on 20:23 - Jul 10 by Daley_Lama

How about attempting to abscond, perverting the course of justice, fleeing the scene of a crime, etc. For her and her husband in some cases. Mind you she might have had lee Hughes lawyer!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

20 months on 00:04 - Jul 11 with 3475 viewsShun

20 months on 20:28 - Jul 10 by isitme

I agree entirely. Think of the likes of Lee Hughes and the guy the death at the Sandy Lane lights a few years ago.

I remember that accident at the Cemetery junction like it was yesterday. It’s just down the road from my house and I remember seeing the aftermath the morning after on my way to work - it was absolutely horrific. There were protests at the time I think to have the scumbag’s sentence increased but I’m not sure if they were listened to or not.
20 months on 00:33 - Jul 11 with 3453 viewsKenBoon

20 months on 00:04 - Jul 11 by Shun

I remember that accident at the Cemetery junction like it was yesterday. It’s just down the road from my house and I remember seeing the aftermath the morning after on my way to work - it was absolutely horrific. There were protests at the time I think to have the scumbag’s sentence increased but I’m not sure if they were listened to or not.

Barely a year after at the same junction I saw some scumbag swerve out from behind the car in front that was stopping for the red light and sped through at stupid speed. Had the traffic the other way not been at a standing start then there would have been a collision. If a pedestrian had been crossing then I daren't think what'd happen. This was about 2pm on a matchday too. I can understand the "moment of madness" thing, or where someone diverts their attention for a second and something terrible happens, but these scumbags aren't that. They are selfish c u next tuesdays and should be banned from owning even a space hopper.
20 months on 00:44 - Jul 11 with 3441 viewsNigeriamark

Doesn’t seem to be any consistency. A week or so ago someone got 11 years for virtually the same thing. Also in terms of crime in general which has spiked I think almost all of the police chiefs have put it down to 2 things, not enough police on the street and a move to softer sentencing. The latter just allows the criminal class of this country to take the preverbal IMO
20 months on 07:43 - Jul 11 with 3305 viewsEllDale

Trying to flee to Saudi!
She certainly wouldn't be allowed to drive there.
20 months on 07:48 - Jul 11 with 3302 viewskel

20 months on 00:04 - Jul 11 by Shun

Had to give a statement to the police after that crash as the lad that caused it tried escaping in a taxi more or less right outside my house. Was the worst scene of a crash I’ve ever seen and it was made worse when the scumbag’s mates turned up the day after taking selfies next to Audi he was driving.

Nothing compared to what the landlady of the Cem went through though when she went to help the lad in the other car but found him already dead. The sentence handed down was a disgrace and no doubt the bellend will drive like that in the future too.
20 months on 08:22 - Jul 11 with 3260 viewsisitme

Unfortunately there is a culture of hiring fancy cars and then driving them with reckless abandon. I'm pretty sure the Sandy Lane lights scumbag was boasting how fast he had travelled on the M62 earlier that ill fated night.

Why is it that very often those that cause the accidents end up with lesser or no injuries compared to the innocents who are unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?
20 months on 08:28 - Jul 11 with 3250 viewsCleedale

20 months on 00:44 - Jul 11 by Nigeriamark

Doesn’t seem to be any consistency. A week or so ago someone got 11 years for virtually the same thing. Also in terms of crime in general which has spiked I think almost all of the police chiefs have put it down to 2 things, not enough police on the street and a move to softer sentencing. The latter just allows the criminal class of this country to take the preverbal IMO

One trouble is a simple arrest involves 2 hours of 'whatever' filling in loads of paper.

Yes, numbers are down but the vast majority have lost faith with the Police and the system. The (growing) periphery of the (just slightly more) militant in the populace is spilling out with angry vigilantism because 'stuff' is NOT being sorted within the law...which in itself creates more lawlessness and yet more crime.

Add to that the fact that prisons are NOT being built. The existing ones are overcrowded anyway and the system then lets (some/ possibly lots of) bad eggs out on bail/conditional/suspended etc....

Oh, and all those pretty likkle court cases involving our neighbours @ bury - someone's making some big money there and obv. hoping for it to continue.

Corrupt or what? Perhaps be grateful we're not turning into another Mexico...yet!

PS. We're also the most PC country in the world which adds further to folk's seeethingness - rant over!
20 months on 08:56 - Jul 11 with 3204 viewssoulboy

20 months on 08:22 - Jul 11 by isitme

Unfortunately there is a culture of hiring fancy cars and then driving them with reckless abandon. I'm pretty sure the Sandy Lane lights scumbag was boasting how fast he had travelled on the M62 earlier that ill fated night.

Why is it that very often those that cause the accidents end up with lesser or no injuries compared to the innocents who are unfortunate to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Youre right, he had been boasting about his speed, sending either a picture or a video of his speedometer showing something like 120mph and later he bragged that it took less than 20mins from Leeds to Rochdale. Add to that no insurance or licence, killing another motorist at the Sandy Lane lights, he should have got 20 years, at least.
20 months on 12:09 - Jul 11 with 3047 viewsShun

20 months on 07:48 - Jul 11 by kel

Had to give a statement to the police after that crash as the lad that caused it tried escaping in a taxi more or less right outside my house. Was the worst scene of a crash I’ve ever seen and it was made worse when the scumbag’s mates turned up the day after taking selfies next to Audi he was driving.

Nothing compared to what the landlady of the Cem went through though when she went to help the lad in the other car but found him already dead. The sentence handed down was a disgrace and no doubt the bellend will drive like that in the future too.

Didn’t realise you lived so close, Kel. It must’ve been absolutely shocking for you and the landlady. Disgusting of his mate as well.
20 months on 12:24 - Jul 11 with 3009 viewsAncoats_Blue

20 months on 07:43 - Jul 11 by EllDale

Trying to flee to Saudi!
She certainly wouldn't be allowed to drive there.

Nah the law’s changed now. Although that may just be for residents.
20 months on 12:29 - Jul 11 with 2997 viewsAncoats_Blue

20 months on 08:22 - Jul 11 by isitme

When I lived in the Rochdale area this was prevalent in the Asian community. Young lads of about 18-21 driving 300bhp+ cars very badly. Lost track of the amount of times I’d be cut up by some dickhead weaving through traffic at 70+mph down St Mary’s Gate or Halifax Road. Given the lack of traffic cops and the weak sentencing it doesn’t surprise me that people drive this way.
20 months on 13:01 - Jul 11 with 2927 viewskel

20 months on 12:09 - Jul 11 by Shun

Didn’t realise you lived so close, Kel. It must’ve been absolutely shocking for you and the landlady. Disgusting of his mate as well.

At the time I lived about 50 yards from the junction (my stalker on here will know the exact distance) so I can’t imagine the speed he must have been going at to chop another car in half and only come to a stop after that distance. The noise it caused was unbelievable.

I was told I may be called as a prosecution witness but the tw@t changed his plea at the last minute so a full trial wasn’t needed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024