Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where would you go? 19:28 - Jul 13 with 9870 viewsJames1980

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/pr0a8889c35ce74100b70b85ba4af335.aspx

Thinking about getting one of these tickets. Where would you folk say would be the best route?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Where would you go? on 19:42 - Jul 13 with 4562 viewsAncoats_Blue

Chester and the surrounding towns and villages are lovely spots as is Lancaster. Small cities but lots of character and great for food and drink.

You can’t go wrong with the Lake District for unspoiled beauty.
Where would you go? on 20:50 - Jul 13 with 4423 viewsMolly

Travel along the Settle Carlisle line is well worth the journey. The scenery is spectacular.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2019 20:55]
Where would you go? on 20:52 - Jul 13 with 4420 viewsguiseleyfan

If you want scenery, then you can do no better than the Settle to Carlisle line, followed by the run along the Cumbria coast down to Barrow.
Where would you go? on 20:57 - Jul 13 with 4405 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Where would you go? on 20:52 - Jul 13 by guiseleyfan

If you want scenery, then you can do no better than the Settle to Carlisle line, followed by the run along the Cumbria coast down to Barrow.

Gigg lane in bURY is worth a visit as this time next year it probably won’t be there!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Where would you go? on 21:03 - Jul 13 with 4379 viewsjudd

Bury to settle just will not happen

Poll: What is it to be then?

Where would you go? on 21:44 - Jul 13 with 4327 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Where would you go? on 21:03 - Jul 13 by judd

Bury to settle just will not happen

They would offer to take you 25% of the way, tell you to enjoy the ride, then let you walk the rest!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Where would you go? on 13:07 - Jul 14 with 4071 viewsYadHoDale

Carlisle to Edinburgh or Glasgow is about £27 day return - you could add this on to the Rover ticket as another decent day out.
Where would you go? on 22:29 - Oct 15 with 3597 viewsJames1980

Impulse took over and I have booked a whistle stop tour of the North West for the last week of October
Sunday, Windermere
Monday, Clitheroe
Tuesday, Ravenglass
Wednesday and Thursday. Hexham
Friday, Penrith
Saturday, Rochdale
Back home for a rest on Sunday

Login to get fewer ads

Where would you go? on 07:33 - Oct 16 with 3480 viewsEllDale

Some good spots on that itinary James.
The "Hole in't Wall" in Bowness is recommended for a decent pint and value for money food.
I think we discussed the gourmet merits of Clitheroe on this board a few months ago.
Where would you go? on 08:13 - Oct 16 with 3433 viewsJames1980

Cheers for that it looks like a quality establishment.

Where would you go? on 08:32 - Oct 16 with 3401 viewsSheffdale

Where would you go? on 22:29 - Oct 15 by James1980

Impulse took over and I have booked a whistle stop tour of the North West for the last week of October
Sunday, Windermere
Monday, Clitheroe
Tuesday, Ravenglass
Friday, Penrith
Saturday, Rochdale

Enjoy the trip James, this adds weight to your application for citizenship.
Where would you go? on 09:57 - Oct 16 with 3314 viewschalky_ncfc

Where would you go? on 08:32 - Oct 16 by Sheffdale

Enjoy the trip James, this adds weight to your application for citizenship.

You are moving dangerously close to becoming a northerner James and before you know it you would have sold your one bedroom flat and bought a three bedroom detached house up there,there's a reason that it's cheap up there James... There's a reason!!

Oh and don't forget your flat cap and hob nail boots to blend in

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Where would you go? on 10:25 - Oct 16 with 3275 viewsJames1980

I will stand out 'like a man with a small painted wooden duck on his head'. Wearing hat, coat, scarf and gloves locals will be in shorts and T shirts

Where would you go? on 10:32 - Oct 16 with 3264 viewsMolly

Where would you go? on 09:57 - Oct 16 by chalky_ncfc

You are moving dangerously close to becoming a northerner James and before you know it you would have sold your one bedroom flat and bought a three bedroom detached house up there,there's a reason that it's cheap up there James... There's a reason!!

Do NOT believe him James. Sell your one bedroom flat and you will be able to buy a baronial manor house up here, provided you get through "check point Charlie" in the Nottinghamshire wall.
Where would you go? on 10:50 - Oct 16 with 3235 viewspioneer

Where would you go? on 10:32 - Oct 16 by Molly

Do NOT believe him James. Sell your one bedroom flat and you will be able to buy a baronial manor house up here, provided you get through "check point Charlie" in the Nottinghamshire wall.

Just make sure its got an inside toilet and the coal hole is fully functioning.
Where would you go? on 11:37 - Oct 16 with 3195 viewsJames1980

Where would you go? on 10:50 - Oct 16 by pioneer

Just make sure its got an inside toilet and the coal hole is fully functioning.

I hope that's clean coal

Where would you go? on 12:16 - Oct 16 with 3159 viewsD_Alien

Where would you go? on 11:37 - Oct 16 by James1980

I hope that's clean coal

If you'd had a northern lass for a mother, you'd know they pride themselves on polishing t' coal to a reet good sheen afore it gets placed in t' scuttle

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Where would you go? on 12:25 - Oct 16 with 3133 viewsD_Alien

Where would you go? on 22:29 - Oct 15 by James1980

Sunday, Windermere
Monday, Clitheroe
Tuesday, Ravenglass
Friday, Penrith
Saturday, Rochdale

From Clitheroe station, head directly uphill to the main street, turn right and (after taking in the castle) about 400 yards on you can't miss the huge food hall and beer palace.* Since it's a Monday, look out for the signs on individual handpumps advertising half price ale with a burger or similar

*Holmes Mill
[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 12:28]

Where would you go? on 13:28 - Oct 16 with 3034 viewsupthedale

Where would you go? on 12:25 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

From Clitheroe station, head directly uphill to the main street, turn right and (after taking in the castle) about 400 yards on you can't miss the huge food hall and beer palace.* Since it's a Monday, look out for the signs on individual handpumps advertising half price ale with a burger or similar

*Holmes Mill
[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 12:28]

I was there this weekend, great place and they're adding quite a bit, cinema opening very soon.

It seemed to be signposted more obviously as Bewery by Bowland (or something like that) rather than Holmes Hill (I managed to drive around the block several times until I realised it was the same place!)
Where would you go? on 13:31 - Oct 16 with 3027 viewsD_Alien

Where would you go? on 13:28 - Oct 16 by upthedale

I was there this weekend, great place and they're adding quite a bit, cinema opening very soon.

It seemed to be signposted more obviously as Bewery by Bowland (or something like that) rather than Holmes Hill (I managed to drive around the block several times until I realised it was the same place!)

Yes, you're right, it's the home (holme?!) of Bowland Brewery

Where would you go? on 13:32 - Oct 16 with 3027 viewsnordenblue

Where would you go? on 09:57 - Oct 16 by chalky_ncfc

You've forgot our famous rag "pie" too?
Where would you go? on 17:28 - Oct 16 with 2884 viewsJames1980

Itinerary is going to pretty packed. Along with the ale houses suggested, I am going to try The Ratty Arms in Ravenglass. Any suggestions for Penrith and Hexham are much appreciated.

Where would you go? on 17:29 - Oct 16 with 2883 viewsblackdogblue

Only problem I see on your scenic railway journey is Rochdale or Dogdale as more commonly known.

Town centre is handy for a range of vape, pawn, pound, charity shops or a bank. No fast food outlets greater than 1* Food Hygiene rating nor any resteraunt chains / decent Indian or Chinese either..

Alternatively you can get freely any form of illegal substances or purchase a big issue to while away the hours back down south from outside B&M..

There are many pubs & clubs, none friendly though and Saturday night resembles Ibiza on speed, with the exception of the Black Dog obviously 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Where would you go? on 17:46 - Oct 16 with 2862 viewsrochdaleriddler

Where would you go? on 17:29 - Oct 16 by blackdogblue

Only problem I see on your scenic railway journey is Rochdale or Dogdale as more commonly known.

Town centre is handy for a range of vape, pawn, pound, charity shops or a bank. No fast food outlets greater than 1* Food Hygiene rating nor any resteraunt chains / decent Indian or Chinese either..

Alternatively you can get freely any form of illegal substances or purchase a big issue to while away the hours back down south from outside B&M..

There are many pubs & clubs, none friendly though and Saturday night resembles Ibiza on speed, with the exception of the Black Dog obviously 😀

He’s been to Rochdale before, but I disagree with you. The flying Horse, the Medicine Tap, the Baum, are three great and friendly Rochdale pubs. If you travel a little way out you have The Healey, the Oxford, the Cemetary and many more

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Where would you go? on 17:46 - Oct 16 with 2861 viewsJames1980

Where would you go? on 17:29 - Oct 16 by blackdogblue

Alas I can't partake in any illegal contraband sold by street traders, due to zero tolerance at work and random testing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024