Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where would you go? 19:28 - Jul 13 with 10054 viewsJames1980

https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/pr0a8889c35ce74100b70b85ba4af335.aspx

Thinking about getting one of these tickets. Where would you folk say would be the best route?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Where would you go? on 16:55 - Oct 17 with 1341 viewsrochdale_ranger

Where would you go? on 16:42 - Oct 17 by D_Alien

I was offered more gear in Lisbon a week or so ago than i've ever been offered in my life in Rochdale

Is Lisbon a shithole too?

When you say gear what kind of gear are we talking.
Where would you go? on 16:57 - Oct 17 with 1339 viewsrochdale_ranger

Where would you go? on 15:59 - Oct 17 by rochdaleriddler

Never been offered either, in Rochdale , in Manchester the other day a guy with a bin bag full of tobacco in the pub , what a shithole

Town (Manchester) is the pits these days why anyone would pay the money to buy or rent an apartment there is beyond me.
Where would you go? on 16:58 - Oct 17 with 1333 viewsrochdale_ranger

I was approached by a trans woman a few years ago on drake street who offered to suck my willy. So it does happen.
Where would you go? on 17:01 - Oct 17 with 1329 viewsJimmyRustler

Where would you go? on 16:42 - Oct 17 by D_Alien

I was offered more gear in Lisbon a week or so ago than i've ever been offered in my life in Rochdale

Is Lisbon a shithole too?

That's spurious logic at best but even so, you managed to pick out the only part of my post where I was quite obviously being facetious. I've never been offered drugs in my life though. Perhaps they only approach certain types of people? ***

FAO Judd: There's a belter who hangs around the job centre at all hours

*** I AM JOKING
Where would you go? on 17:02 - Oct 17 with 1326 viewsJames1980

The walk from the station into town, doesn't really sell the place. I will give the naysayers that.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Where would you go? on 17:02 - Oct 17 with 1326 viewsJimmyRustler

Where would you go? on 16:58 - Oct 17 by rochdale_ranger

I was approached by a trans woman a few years ago on drake street who offered to suck my willy. So it does happen.

Better than an offer to suck hers surely?

Or is it his?

Or is it theirs?

Dunno anymore
Where would you go? on 17:04 - Oct 17 with 1317 viewsMolly

Where would you go? on 16:58 - Oct 17 by rochdale_ranger

Did it?
Where would you go? on 17:09 - Oct 17 with 1306 viewsrochdale_ranger

Where would you go? on 17:02 - Oct 17 by JimmyRustler

Better than an offer to suck hers surely?

Or is it his?

Or is it theirs?

Dunno anymore

It’s the right of every woman in the 2019 to get her big hairy plums sucked. Less of the transphobia.
Login to get fewer ads

Where would you go? on 17:29 - Oct 17 with 1280 viewsScunnydale

Where would you go? on 15:19 - Oct 17 by JimmyRustler

No-one is doubting that improvements are being made. And of course, if you sit stationary in a newly opened swanky bar, in front of one of the most impressive landmarks in the country, you'd have to be a moron to complain about the view.

But that just makes it a shithole in (attempted) transition. I don't mean to labour the point or seem like I'm constantly belittling the town where I was born and bred but I don't get the sensitivity around the issue. The town centre is a dive. You know it. I know it. The pigeons know it. The crisp packets taken away by the blustery winds (the lucky sods) know it.

As I've already mentioned, finding somewhere to eat and drink isn't all that difficult. And tbh, once you're in the confines of an establishment, the area outside is largely none of your concern. But as soon as you step out of the door, your chances of being offered a blowy for 50p and a pack of Malboro's increases tenfold (especially on Drake Street or Yorkshire Street - two of the shittiest shithole bits)

To be fair, 50p and a packet of Malboros is about £15 these days.
Where would you go? on 17:31 - Oct 17 with 1277 viewsrochdale_ranger

Where would you go? on 17:29 - Oct 17 by Scunnydale

To be fair, 50p and a packet of Malboros is about £15 these days.

To be fair I don’t see what’s so objectionable about being offered a “blowy” for fifty pence and a packet of Marlboro.
Where would you go? on 18:00 - Oct 17 with 1232 viewsnordenblue

Where would you go? on 16:57 - Oct 17 by rochdale_ranger

Town (Manchester) is the pits these days why anyone would pay the money to buy or rent an apartment there is beyond me.

Obviously the majority don't share your opinion, the price is only going one way and it's certainly not downwards.
Where would you say is better locally?
Where would you go? on 18:10 - Oct 17 with 1212 viewsrochdale_ranger

Where would you go? on 18:00 - Oct 17 by nordenblue

Obviously the majority don't share your opinion, the price is only going one way and it's certainly not downwards.
Where would you say is better locally?

I meant the city centre rather then Manchester as a whole. My brother pays astronomical rent to live in a city centre apartment. He’s had enough of the crazies and homeless people on his doorstep and is looking elsewhere after two years of living there.
Where would you go? on 18:14 - Oct 17 with 1206 viewsblackdogblue

Where would you go? on 19:02 - Oct 16 by D_Alien

Ignore him James, he's quite simply wrong

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/128/advertorials/130695/experienc

[Post edited 16 Oct 2019 19:04]

Actually I’m not completely wrong, nor was absolute tripe..

Yes the Medicine Tap & the Flying Horse may be nice to stand or sit outside on a balmy summer evening but that’s where it ends.

Last time I went in Yates I stuck to the floor...

All is looking well on the refurb front until it starts to go dark... then from Yates to the Flyer turns into a strip Albufura would be proud of. Full of kids, nobs, drugs & hissed up idiots wanting to fight anyone who looks at them for a split second.

99% of what goes on doesn’t make the Rochdale Online News, I know quite a few of the doormen & it’s a nightmare.. I’m sure I read on the MEN there was someone seriously battered outside the Empire was it last weekend..?

How would anyone feel if we said Rochdale was a sound night on a Saturday to James & something happened to him..

It isn’t a good place to be when the sun goes down nor is it safe at times, it is better to be forewarned what the truth actually is...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Where would you go? on 18:16 - Oct 17 with 1202 viewsrochdale_ranger

Where would you go? on 18:14 - Oct 17 by blackdogblue

Actually I’m not completely wrong, nor was absolute tripe..

Yes the Medicine Tap & the Flying Horse may be nice to stand or sit outside on a balmy summer evening but that’s where it ends.

Last time I went in Yates I stuck to the floor...

All is looking well on the refurb front until it starts to go dark... then from Yates to the Flyer turns into a strip Albufura would be proud of. Full of kids, nobs, drugs & hissed up idiots wanting to fight anyone who looks at them for a split second.

99% of what goes on doesn’t make the Rochdale Online News, I know quite a few of the doormen & it’s a nightmare.. I’m sure I read on the MEN there was someone seriously battered outside the Empire was it last weekend..?

How would anyone feel if we said Rochdale was a sound night on a Saturday to James & something happened to him..

It isn’t a good place to be when the sun goes down nor is it safe at times, it is better to be forewarned what the truth actually is...

Fights happen in bars and clubs the world over. Alcohol and dickheads with small cocks don’t mix well. Rochdale isn’t downtown Baghdad.
Where would you go? on 18:19 - Oct 17 with 1194 viewsblackdogblue

Where would you go? on 18:16 - Oct 17 by rochdale_ranger

Fights happen in bars and clubs the world over. Alcohol and dickheads with small cocks don’t mix well. Rochdale isn’t downtown Baghdad.

Nope, but it is full of dikcheads with small cock fights on a Saturday night..

Have you been down there on a Saturday night recently?

Where would you go? on 18:33 - Oct 17 with 1177 viewsnordenblue

Where would you go? on 18:10 - Oct 17 by rochdale_ranger

I meant the city centre rather then Manchester as a whole. My brother pays astronomical rent to live in a city centre apartment. He’s had enough of the crazies and homeless people on his doorstep and is looking elsewhere after two years of living there.

Did he expect it to be quiet and green slap bang in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the country?

The city centre is absolutely booming and has been for years, the option for bars,restaurants and general choice of everything is nothing short of ridiculous.
Where would you go? on 18:48 - Oct 17 with 1162 viewsjudd

Where would you go? on 17:01 - Oct 17 by JimmyRustler

That's spurious logic at best but even so, you managed to pick out the only part of my post where I was quite obviously being facetious. I've never been offered drugs in my life though. Perhaps they only approach certain types of people? ***

FAO Judd: There's a belter who hangs around the job centre at all hours

*** I AM JOKING

The "job" centre you say?

Covers a multitude of services I suppose.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Where would you go? on 19:59 - Oct 17 with 1096 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Where would you go? on 18:33 - Oct 17 by nordenblue

Did he expect it to be quiet and green slap bang in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the country?

The city centre is absolutely booming and has been for years, the option for bars,restaurants and general choice of everything is nothing short of ridiculous.

Not been back for years but back on the mid 90’s there were some seriously shit areas and pubs, but as long as you did not look for trouble you did not get any, and most were a good experience, enhanced by the character and characters you encountered.

I expect most have gone years back but the Dicken Green (Kirkholt in general), anything on drake st further up than Xanadu’s, any pub on Belfield, three ships, highland laddie, that Irish bar Murphy’s, anywhere near millstone rd, were all rough as hell, but ok if you behaved.

I can’t remember the pub up near milkstone rd but I played pool for them for a while, it was run by a Muslim guy and the pub was well known for attracting working girls, also had a Scottish guy called billy who was a convert to Islam, horrible bastard. Wonder if anyone knows the pub name and anyone mentioned btw.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Where would you go? on 20:06 - Oct 17 with 1084 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Where would you go? on 19:59 - Oct 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

Not been back for years but back on the mid 90’s there were some seriously shit areas and pubs, but as long as you did not look for trouble you did not get any, and most were a good experience, enhanced by the character and characters you encountered.

I expect most have gone years back but the Dicken Green (Kirkholt in general), anything on drake st further up than Xanadu’s, any pub on Belfield, three ships, highland laddie, that Irish bar Murphy’s, anywhere near millstone rd, were all rough as hell, but ok if you behaved.

I can’t remember the pub up near milkstone rd but I played pool for them for a while, it was run by a Muslim guy and the pub was well known for attracting working girls, also had a Scottish guy called billy who was a convert to Islam, horrible bastard. Wonder if anyone knows the pub name and anyone mentioned btw.

Brown Cow. Landlord Javid.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 20:06]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Where would you go? on 20:30 - Oct 17 with 1047 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Where would you go? on 20:06 - Oct 17 by foreverhopefulDale

Brown Cow. Landlord Javid.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 20:06]

That’s the guy, really nice bloke was javid.
Thanks fhd

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Where would you go? on 21:02 - Oct 17 with 1019 viewsrochdaleriddler

Where would you go? on 18:19 - Oct 17 by blackdogblue

Nope, but it is full of dikcheads with small cock fights on a Saturday night..

Have you been down there on a Saturday night recently?

I have, it’s fine. Obviously avoid places like Yates, not been in for many years and never will

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Where would you go? on 23:17 - Oct 17 with 959 viewsrochdale_ranger

Where would you go? on 18:33 - Oct 17 by nordenblue

Not at all. Just not the levels of increasing homelessness and criminality on his doorstep. Didsbury is only a ten minute cab into town.
Where would you go? on 17:19 - Oct 18 with 780 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Where would you go? on 20:30 - Oct 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

That’s the guy, really nice bloke was javid.
Thanks fhd

Yes he was a decent chap. I liked it in there , full of characters, definitely not trendy. Javid also had at least one other business, off license on corner of Drake Street and Milkstone Road.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Where would you go? on 18:01 - Oct 18 with 740 viewsblackdogblue

Where would you go? on 19:59 - Oct 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

Dicken Green - Closed now a resteraunt
anything on drake st further up than Xanadu’s (gone), Navigation, Dick Whittington, Last orders etc all gone
any pub on Belfield, printers arms - gone
three ships - gone
highland laddie now a take away
that Irish bar Murphy’s - gone
Could rattle another 10 paces at least within 15-20 mins walk from the bus station as well in cba

Not much left to be honest

Where would you go? on 18:20 - Oct 18 with 715 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Where would you go? on 18:01 - Oct 18 by blackdogblue

Dicken Green - Closed now a resteraunt
anything on drake st further up than Xanadu’s (gone), Navigation, Dick Whittington, Last orders etc all gone
any pub on Belfield, printers arms - gone
three ships - gone
highland laddie now a take away
that Irish bar Murphy’s - gone
Could rattle another 10 paces at least within 15-20 mins walk from the bus station as well in cba

Not much left to be honest

Thanks fhd & bd.

I do find it sad that so many pubs have gone, I doubt any of my favourite haunts are left now, well most I know are gone, sawyers, wagon and horses, baileys, industry, Gale, Phoenix, Britannia, enteistle, the manor, and that pub near Asda, real ale pub with outside toilets, forget the name.

Pubs, pool, 9 card, crib, darts, football etc were a 7 day a week entertainment (I drove most nights) and for various reasons this has been destroyed, along with the community it attracted.

Still at least now you can get 12 cans for the price of a pint and a taxi and get leathered and have a fag where you want, anyone would think the government wanted this!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024