Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£3.50 pies 18:33 - Jul 21 with 35429 views_dezzy

Scandalous

KHBA

£3.50 pies on 18:02 - Aug 16 with 3395 viewsTVOS1907

£3.50 pies on 17:56 - Aug 16 by fitzochris

Other than it’s what them cinema and festival types charge?

Yeah, but do they use words like 'decal' to throw people off the scent?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

£3.50 pies on 18:07 - Aug 16 with 3365 viewsfitzochris

£3.50 pies on 18:02 - Aug 16 by TVOS1907

Yeah, but do they use words like 'decal' to throw people off the scent?

There are certainly a few decals involved.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

£3.50 pies on 18:12 - Aug 16 with 3356 viewsMoonyDale

£3.50 pies on 10:14 - Aug 14 by D_Alien

The Old Bridge Inn in Ripponden serves up a decent pork pie, but insists on adding mint sauce. Just weird

If you like partaking in a chunk of pork pie, I urge you to try Bradleys Bakery in Ashton. I drive over regularly to grab one of their award winning pies. If you haven't tried it already you will not be disappointed....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

£3.50 pies on 18:15 - Aug 16 with 3344 viewsScunnydale

£3.50 pies on 10:00 - Aug 14 by fitzochris

Talking of food customs, when I was at university in an unnamed Yorkshire city, I visited a greasy spoon to obtain a morning cure for the previous night’s reverie.

I ordered a sausage butty.

The buxom lass behind the counter promptly asked: “D’yer want thum dipped, luv?”

While I was trying to overcome my bashfulness, and, dare I say it, excitement, I realised she was asking if I wanted the sausages lowered into a vat of peeled plum tomatoes prior to them being laid on the bread.

A strange, but actually quite tasty, experience.

I was in Liverpool a while back and ordered donner meat and chips. I was surprised and delighted to discover it also came with curry sauce. Magic madness!
£3.50 pies on 19:15 - Aug 16 with 3271 viewsD_Alien

£3.50 pies on 18:12 - Aug 16 by MoonyDale

If you like partaking in a chunk of pork pie, I urge you to try Bradleys Bakery in Ashton. I drive over regularly to grab one of their award winning pies. If you haven't tried it already you will not be disappointed....

I'm down that way every now and again, so thanks

Incidentally, there's a new home-made pie shop opened at bottom end of Whit''orth Rd, near Globe Taxis. Not tried it, but sign outside says trade enquiries welcome. Club could do worse than support local businesses

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£3.50 pies on 19:53 - Aug 16 with 3182 views442Dale

£3.50 pies on 19:15 - Aug 16 by D_Alien

I'm down that way every now and again, so thanks

Incidentally, there's a new home-made pie shop opened at bottom end of Whit''orth Rd, near Globe Taxis. Not tried it, but sign outside says trade enquiries welcome. Club could do worse than support local businesses

From what I believe, that idea was put to the Trust on Tuesday night to take forward with the club. We can only await the full report on whether it’s an option.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£3.50 pies on 20:05 - Aug 16 with 3153 viewsWalboro

Can only agree with what has already been said about Bradleys Pies at the end of Lees New Rd across from Ashton Utds Ground. The Pork and Stilton is excellent and you can always have them warm or cold.
£3.50 pies on 20:26 - Aug 16 with 3108 viewsSandyman

These from Haslingden are my faves

http://cissygreens.co.uk/ or

https://www.facebook.com/CissyGreensBakery
[Post edited 16 Aug 2019 20:29]
Login to get fewer ads

£3.50 pies on 20:36 - Aug 16 with 3086 viewsSuddenLad

Nowt wrong with Smiths at Castleton. They do some cracking pies...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

£3.50 pies on 20:42 - Aug 16 with 3073 viewstodmordendale

Does the new catering trailer on the car park offer a pie alternative. Burgers and hot dogs but I suppose it is forbidden to take it into the ground.
£3.50 pies on 21:14 - Aug 16 with 3027 viewsJames1980

Amazing what gets pass security and what doesn't. Maybe the sniffer dogs I suggested for pyrotechnics could also sniff out any illicit munchies that supporters might try to smuggle in.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

£3.50 pies on 21:35 - Aug 16 with 2996 viewstodmordendale

I suspect the sniffer dogs may pass out when they are down wind of the pie kiosk eh James
£3.50 pies on 22:47 - Aug 20 with 2665 viewsrochdale_ranger

Bought myself and my mate a pie before the game got three pound back after handing over a tenner. Totally forgot, Johnson’s Britain.
£3.50 pies on 22:53 - Aug 20 with 2629 viewstodmordendale

10p bread roll and 10p frankfurter at the bargain price of £3.80.
At least the ketchup sachet was free but unopenable
£3.50 pies on 23:34 - Aug 20 with 2526 viewsoff2div1

£3.50 pies on 20:05 - Jul 22 by D_Alien

Gary Linear, goalscorer turned pundit?

Turned bank robber(£1.75 million your having a laugh).
£3.50 pies on 23:55 - Aug 20 with 2484 viewsmikehunt

My occasionals, who always get a pie, slagged them off as awful and expensive tonight.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

£3.50 pies on 10:54 - Aug 21 with 2242 viewspioneer

£3.50 pies on 23:55 - Aug 20 by mikehunt

My occasionals, who always get a pie, slagged them off as awful and expensive tonight.

Caveat emptor.....enough people on here have told us they are sh*t. I’m surprised that anyone buys them.
£3.50 pies on 18:13 - Aug 21 with 2088 viewsJames1980

Considering the queue is out the door of the shop on match days. How about the Willbutts Chippy taking over the catering?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

£3.50 pies on 18:30 - Aug 21 with 2045 views442Dale

£3.50 pies on 18:13 - Aug 21 by James1980

Considering the queue is out the door of the shop on match days. How about the Willbutts Chippy taking over the catering?

Probably too busy supplying the Odeon.

£3.50 pies on 19:02 - Aug 21 with 2003 viewsArthurDaley

Said this before but the pies are expensive in the same way that when I go to the cinema, I pay more for pick and mix than I would at Tesco,

Took the granddaughters to the pictures last Friday. ( First time I have been for years ) let them loose on the pick and mix, and 3 small bottles of water, just short of £20, Has any one else tried to get sweets of a 7 year old and twins at 4, I wouldn't recommend it.
Talking of pies there must be a shortage of Meat & Potato. Went into Iceland at the bottom of Whitworth RD this afternoon for 2 packets of 4 for £4 , and none left. They had plenty of others but no M&P.

A large VAT Dave

£3.50 pies on 20:26 - Aug 21 with 1941 viewsFred_Talbot

Any truth in the rumour that it’s actually £4 for a pie in the away stand?

Where's Fred?

£3.50 pies on 20:32 - Aug 21 with 1912 views442Dale

How much?!?

Can the Trust clarify this in their final report on the situation as well as getting feedback from the club on the comments below (great idea to do this and it’ll be good to see what positive results come from it):

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/survey-on-your-trip-to-spotland.1483713/

It’s a real shame to see such a good response marred by the price issue.

£3.50 pies on 20:36 - Aug 21 with 1903 viewsshawclough_dale

As someone who works all over the borough, and loves a pie I can give the diffinative top three.

3 Smith's Castleton.
2 tattersalls Wardle.
1 browns Heywood.
£3.50 pies on 21:03 - Aug 21 with 1858 viewspioneer

£3.50 pies on 19:02 - Aug 21 by ArthurDaley

Said this before but the pies are expensive in the same way that when I go to the cinema, I pay more for pick and mix than I would at Tesco,

Took the granddaughters to the pictures last Friday. ( First time I have been for years ) let them loose on the pick and mix, and 3 small bottles of water, just short of £20, Has any one else tried to get sweets of a 7 year old and twins at 4, I wouldn't recommend it.
Talking of pies there must be a shortage of Meat & Potato. Went into Iceland at the bottom of Whitworth RD this afternoon for 2 packets of 4 for £4 , and none left. They had plenty of others but no M&P.

If you go back to the start of this thread you will see its the rate of increase, as much as the price, that has irked folks. Almost 100% in two years. I doubt pick and mix has increased that much.

There has been a certain amount of smoke and mirrors surrounding the season ticket initiative...give back with one hand and take with another.
£3.50 pies on 22:51 - Aug 21 with 1786 viewsnordenblue

£3.50 pies on 19:02 - Aug 21 by ArthurDaley

I'm sure I heard something about this a whiĺe back and the reasoning behind it,they claimed a cinema earns next to zero for the actual screening of a film such are their overheads, so the only way they produce any real revenue is to charge extortionate rates for food/drink... a true story
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024