Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£3.50 pies 18:33 - Jul 21 with 34432 views_dezzy

Scandalous

KHBA

£3.50 pies on 15:40 - Jul 26 with 3068 viewsMoonyDale

The solution is simple, stop bloody buying overpriced crap from the kiosks......Go to the chippy beforehand or take some munchies with you....£3.50 for a pie is daylight robbery...Even at a night match..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

£3.50 pies on 15:47 - Jul 26 with 3045 viewsEllDale

I can understand wanting a pie at a night match if you've gone straight from work.
I stopped buying one on Saturday afternoons years ago when I realised that it was just habit.
There are plenty of cheaper alternatives. A meal deal with a pint in the Regal Moon can be less than £7!
£3.50 pies on 16:46 - Jul 26 with 2962 views442Dale

£3.50 pies on 15:40 - Jul 26 by MoonyDale

The solution is simple, stop bloody buying overpriced crap from the kiosks......Go to the chippy beforehand or take some munchies with you....£3.50 for a pie is daylight robbery...Even at a night match..

Yes, everyone knows that. However, like all aspects of the club, some things affect some more than others and in this case it could affect revenues (once specifics are confirmed by the Trust/club) which could then in turn affect the playing budget, albeit minimally.

It doesn’t affect me one bit, but I still think it’s a subject that needs addressing and am interested in why changes have been made.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£3.50 pies on 17:20 - Jul 26 with 2917 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Talking of pies.......the pies that are sold in the bars in the Ratcliffe are far better tasting than the kiosks and at £1.50(?) are better value and I suspect the sales go straight into the bar takings?

Am I correct?

In addition,the few times that there has been catering in the Ratcliffe,usually for high profile matches and Cup games the choice is good and value. Is this our friends from the Flying Horse?

Again,profits to the Club?. If would be good to let fans know in advance if this facility might be on offer this season and if so, when?
£3.50 pies on 18:47 - Jul 26 with 2866 viewsMoonyDale

£3.50 pies on 16:46 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

Yes, everyone knows that. However, like all aspects of the club, some things affect some more than others and in this case it could affect revenues (once specifics are confirmed by the Trust/club) which could then in turn affect the playing budget, albeit minimally.

It doesn’t affect me one bit, but I still think it’s a subject that needs addressing and am interested in why changes have been made.

Sorry but overpriced crap is overpriced crap whichever way you wrap it up....there's usually one reason that prices rise so drastically when you have a captive audience....It's called greed.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

£3.50 pies on 18:49 - Jul 26 with 2859 views442Dale

£3.50 pies on 18:47 - Jul 26 by MoonyDale

Sorry but overpriced crap is overpriced crap whichever way you wrap it up....there's usually one reason that prices rise so drastically when you have a captive audience....It's called greed.

And this thread is around establishing the reasons for the price rises so that supporters are aware.

£3.50 pies on 19:12 - Jul 26 with 2819 viewsD_Alien

£3.50 pies on 18:49 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

And this thread is around establishing the reasons for the price rises so that supporters are aware.

I think the point MD is trying to make is that prices have risen because people continue to buy the product and the club are looking for ways to increase income from every source

If the increased income doesn't materialise due to falling sales, they'll have to think again

The simple reason for the increase is "because they can"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£3.50 pies on 19:22 - Jul 26 with 2792 views442Dale

£3.50 pies on 19:12 - Jul 26 by D_Alien

I think the point MD is trying to make is that prices have risen because people continue to buy the product and the club are looking for ways to increase income from every source

If the increased income doesn't materialise due to falling sales, they'll have to think again

The simple reason for the increase is "because they can"

Which may be the case, but on page one there was talk about the club having very little involvement in setting prices.

As mentioned in the Trust report, the club replied to them on behalf of fans so we await info on what that reply was. It may turn out that it’s exactly as you say, which is fair enough as we’ll know exactly where we stand.

Login to get fewer ads

£3.50 pies on 19:29 - Jul 26 with 2779 viewsD_Alien

£3.50 pies on 19:22 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

Which may be the case, but on page one there was talk about the club having very little involvement in setting prices.

As mentioned in the Trust report, the club replied to them on behalf of fans so we await info on what that reply was. It may turn out that it’s exactly as you say, which is fair enough as we’ll know exactly where we stand.

But whilst we're stood on the spot, waiting for an explanation which will be less than the full picture (as we're getting used to, or maybe it always was that way) the fans can do their bit by supporting alternative food business outlets

I'd hope you'd at least agree with that
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 19:30]

£3.50 pies on 19:30 - Jul 26 with 2770 views442Dale

£3.50 pies on 19:29 - Jul 26 by D_Alien

But whilst we're stood on the spot, waiting for an explanation which will be less than the full picture (as we're getting used to, or maybe it always was that way) the fans can do their bit by supporting alternative food business outlets

I'd hope you'd at least agree with that
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 19:30]

I already do!

£3.50 pies on 19:35 - Jul 26 with 2757 viewsD_Alien

£3.50 pies on 19:30 - Jul 26 by 442Dale

I already do!

Great! I'm not waiting for an 'explanation' because I'm pretty sure it'll just make me feel less connected to the club, as recent ones have done

£3.50 pies on 19:40 - Jul 26 with 2747 views442Dale

£3.50 pies on 19:35 - Jul 26 by D_Alien

Great! I'm not waiting for an 'explanation' because I'm pretty sure it'll just make me feel less connected to the club, as recent ones have done

And I’m sure you can detect a certain level of that within posts that merely ask the Trust and the club to follow previously agreed procedures.

On the subject of matchday food, the pie and peas they have at Spotland Social Club is excellent value, just wish it was available for every game.

£3.50 pies on 12:43 - Jul 30 with 2477 viewstodmordendale

Concrete crust and inedible.
Threw it in the bin.
£3.50 pies on 12:55 - Jul 30 with 2436 viewsYorkshire_Dale

£3.50 pies on 12:43 - Jul 30 by todmordendale

Concrete crust and inedible.
Threw it in the bin.

Did it dent the bin?
£3.50 pies on 13:25 - Jul 30 with 2378 viewstodmordendale

Cleaning staff could not lift it
£3.50 pies on 09:38 - Aug 11 with 2139 viewstodmordendale

Following the first home game are there any gastronomic up dates on the pies ?
£3.50 pies on 09:50 - Aug 11 with 2093 viewsDalenet

£3.50 pies on 09:38 - Aug 11 by todmordendale

Following the first home game are there any gastronomic up dates on the pies ?

Nephew had one. Said it was like concrete and had no filling. He said it was the worst pie he had ever eaten and he knows a pie or three. I did warn him :)
£3.50 pies on 10:00 - Aug 11 with 2060 views442Dale

I think we are still waiting on details of what the club’s reply was to the Trust and their plans to follow up on this after their last meeting 22/7/19. (See the previous page on this thread, not bloody linking again...)

Apologies if I’ve missed a response on this and supporters are now fully aware of the reasons behind price increases, that their concerns around the products have been taken on board by the club and there is a plan going forward to change/monitor the situation

£3.50 pies on 10:05 - Aug 11 with 2040 viewsmacro

Boxes and boxes being given away free after the game in the lounge before the motm presentation
£3.50 pies on 10:08 - Aug 11 with 2028 views442Dale

A box of them would be akin to a Euromillions win.

£3.50 pies on 11:07 - Aug 11 with 1910 viewsR17ALE

The kiosks won't be seeing me again this season. £1.60 for a Twix.

£1.60!! 80p a finger!

I'll take my own next game.

I don't know who is responsible for the pricing but £1.60!

It used to be less than that to get into the ground in the 80s.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

£3.50 pies on 11:10 - Aug 11 with 1896 viewsSuddenLad

£3 for a packet of Haribos. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

£3.50 pies on 11:36 - Aug 11 with 1828 viewsTVOS1907

£3.50 pies on 11:07 - Aug 11 by R17ALE

The kiosks won't be seeing me again this season. £1.60 for a Twix.

£1.60!! 80p a finger!

I'll take my own next game.

I don't know who is responsible for the pricing but £1.60!

It used to be less than that to get into the ground in the 80s.

Your own fingers?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

£3.50 pies on 11:43 - Aug 11 with 1823 viewsD_Alien

£3.50 pies on 11:36 - Aug 11 by TVOS1907

Your own fingers?

Maybe his own kiosk?

£3.50 pies on 11:47 - Aug 11 with 1812 viewsEllDale

Scandalous yesterday. The kiosk in the Sandy has no steak or mince and onion pies left at 2.30
I won’t be going again that’s for sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024