Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£3.50 pies 18:33 - Jul 21 with 35033 views_dezzy

Scandalous

KHBA

£3.50 pies on 19:21 - Aug 11 with 2836 viewsjudd

£3.50 pies on 19:19 - Aug 11 by fitzochris

Wasn’t there an assurance this would be dealt with?

Skips had been ordered to remove the tyres, I seem to recall.

Poll: What is it to be then?

£3.50 pies on 19:31 - Aug 11 with 2806 viewsDalenet

£3.50 pies on 19:21 - Aug 11 by judd

Skips had been ordered to remove the tyres, I seem to recall.

They will be the same skips needed to dispose of the concrete pies
£3.50 pies on 19:32 - Aug 11 with 2800 viewsjudd

£3.50 pies on 19:31 - Aug 11 by Dalenet

They will be the same skips needed to dispose of the concrete pies

Looks like we're stuck with the concrete pies

£3.50 pies on 19:34 - Aug 11 with 2792 viewsD_Alien

£3.50 pies on 19:32 - Aug 11 by judd

Looks like we're stuck with the concrete pies

Won't make them any more pallettable

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£3.50 pies on 21:07 - Aug 11 with 2638 viewssince58

£3.50 pies on 19:34 - Aug 11 by D_Alien

Won't make them any more pallettable

Stack em high sell em low.
£3.50 pies on 21:33 - Aug 11 with 2573 viewsThacks_Rabbits

When I first started watching I looked forward to the pie, peas and gravy or a nice bovril with mushy peas more than the majority of the first half, I think bovril and peas with a spoon was about 80p and pie peas and gravy was about 1.60 or so. I would happily pay double this as that was about 1984 so obviously inflation comes into it.

The difference is that the product now appears to be shite, caterers could still make a decent profit flogging bovril with a scoop of mushy peas at say 1.75 and pie peas and gravy at 4 quid, even if just a Holland’s pie.

Cost for pie chips and gravy, bought in bulk, is about 75p, add staff costs and cooking etc call it 1.50 being stupidly generous, still a huge profit. 1.60 for a twix, you can get 4 for a quid!

Someone is fleecing us, so just don’t buy anything there and tell everyone else not to, remember Northampton away years ago when pie stands were boycotted!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

£3.50 pies on 06:00 - Aug 12 with 2404 viewsColDale

£3.50 pies on 15:04 - Aug 11 by judd

I notice those pesky tyres haven't been skipped as promised and have now been joined by pallets.

It was stated on here with photographic evidence that the tyres are used to assist with the pitch covers. The issue with the tyres quite rightly was that they were accessible to be used as a weapon. Since then, they have been cordoned off (presumably with a lock tho happy to be put right if thats not the case). Might not look great but the risk has been dealt with, and their use with the frost covers means they don't need scrapping. Presumably the pallets serve a similar purpose.
£3.50 pies on 06:48 - Aug 12 with 2368 viewsfitzochris

£3.50 pies on 06:00 - Aug 12 by ColDale

It was stated on here with photographic evidence that the tyres are used to assist with the pitch covers. The issue with the tyres quite rightly was that they were accessible to be used as a weapon. Since then, they have been cordoned off (presumably with a lock tho happy to be put right if thats not the case). Might not look great but the risk has been dealt with, and their use with the frost covers means they don't need scrapping. Presumably the pallets serve a similar purpose.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

£3.50 pies on 07:09 - Aug 12 with 2350 viewsjudd

Frost.

In the summer.

It was also stated that skips had been ordered.

That was bollox.

£3.50 pies on 07:16 - Aug 12 with 2325 viewsD_Alien

Boxes of unsold concrete pies would do just as well

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£3.50 pies on 07:21 - Aug 12 with 2314 viewsColDale

On the pie situation, we're very fortune to have someone on the Trust board with several years working within this industry, and his continued work in dealing with the club has looked at all aspects of the pies, communicatiing all the feedback that we have received.. I don't believe this has finished yet but we'll report back upon the conclusion.

Said this before but the pies are expensive in the same way that when I go to the cinema, I pay more for pick and mix than I would at Tesco, the way I'll pay more for a beer at the Test match next week than I would at an off license or if I get food or drink at a concert, I'd be paying through the roof. I don't think there is any "event" which charges what would be classed as being a fair price. On evidence so far, the prices are in line with other grounds with Tranmere also charging £3.50 a price, and we'll continue to monitor the prices at other grounds throughout the season.

Personally, what I think does need taking into consideration is that we have the cheapest season tickets in the division, with even our most expensive season ticket cheaper than all but two other club's cheapest season ticket. That brings with it, as we've known from similar plans at Hartlepool and Bradford, increases in other things such as the walk up price, Cat A/B games or costs of drinks/food. Fans have been crying out for us to adopt a scheme like this for years, and the number of season tickets sold is an indication that it works with the last two years reporting record season ticket sales, and a highest average attendance in over 40 years. You take the increases in the things that come with these schemes in isolation and £27 for a game of League 1 football certainlty sounds excessive but I don't believe it is something that should be looked at without taking the cheap season tickets into consideration.

Not gonna compare us to Bury as they are so far removed from where we are as a club, but you look at Oldham and they charged £270 for their cheapest season ticket even during the Early Bird. Had we charged that, there would be a signficant number of people priced out of going to matches completely. Genuine question, but would fans be happier had season tickets gone up in price to say £175/£225/£275 with less price increases in other areas? Of course, it may well transpire that the other price increases have been counter productive, and our continued monitoring / dialogue will address that later in the season when sufficient eveidence is available, but I really believe that we have to look at the much bigger picture which has a commitment to affordable football and ensuring the club's future is not put in jeopardy.
£3.50 pies on 07:26 - Aug 12 with 2309 viewsColDale

£3.50 pies on 07:09 - Aug 12 by judd

Frost.

In the summer.

It was also stated that skips had been ordered.

That was bollox.

Where else are we gonna keep them? Course we don't need them now, but we're not gonna bin them and order new ones when needed. Skips were mentioned but the tyres are used - they're not litter or left over from something else. Their potential use as a missile has been addressed, so does it just come down to the fact that it was said skips were ordered?
£3.50 pies on 07:53 - Aug 12 with 2280 viewstodmordendale

The volume of correspondence on the subject of the pies is indicative of how important it is to the match day experience.
I do not think it is relevant to the overall picture Col. It’s about the standard of the product.
I’m sure fans would quite happily pay £3.50 if the product was quality. The fact is that they are poor.
Nothing to do with tyres, weather covers or season tickets.
It’s about shite overpriced pies. That is where specific attention is needed.
£3.50 pies on 08:02 - Aug 12 with 2264 viewsjudd

£3.50 pies on 07:26 - Aug 12 by ColDale

Where else are we gonna keep them? Course we don't need them now, but we're not gonna bin them and order new ones when needed. Skips were mentioned but the tyres are used - they're not litter or left over from something else. Their potential use as a missile has been addressed, so does it just come down to the fact that it was said skips were ordered?

Yes.

£3.50 pies on 08:04 - Aug 12 with 2261 viewsColDale

£3.50 pies on 07:53 - Aug 12 by todmordendale

The volume of correspondence on the subject of the pies is indicative of how important it is to the match day experience.
I do not think it is relevant to the overall picture Col. It’s about the standard of the product.
I’m sure fans would quite happily pay £3.50 if the product was quality. The fact is that they are poor.
Nothing to do with tyres, weather covers or season tickets.
It’s about shite overpriced pies. That is where specific attention is needed.

Like I said, the work with regards to the pies has been ongoing since the day of the JT testimonial, and has been ongoing from that day to at the very least Thursday / Friday of last week where meetings were being held. I'll chase it up this morning, but I think its still very much ongoing. Once concluded, we will report back on it.
£3.50 pies on 08:08 - Aug 12 with 2250 viewsEllDale

Thanks for clarifying that Col.
My original moan though was that one of unavailability. I was ready and willing to pay £3.50 on Saturday at 2.30pm but they only had a dozen pies in that heated unit that they use.
I could have understood it if it had been just after halftime but not at that time.
I won't make the same mistake again.
£3.50 pies on 08:38 - Aug 12 with 2202 viewsDalenet

£3.50 pies on 08:04 - Aug 12 by ColDale

Like I said, the work with regards to the pies has been ongoing since the day of the JT testimonial, and has been ongoing from that day to at the very least Thursday / Friday of last week where meetings were being held. I'll chase it up this morning, but I think its still very much ongoing. Once concluded, we will report back on it.

With all due respect for the work that the Trust tries to do, I don't trust the club on anything anymore. You did a catering survey 12 months ago and nothing has changed. Our coffee is awful. The pies are clearly awful. The food choice is limited and has no correlation with the claim the club made 2 years ago towards helping fans make healthier choices.

I also don't believe that the new catering company is entirely to blame as their website seems to imply that venues set their own prices.

If the club claim that they need higher "other" revenue to cover the lower revenue from season tickets then offering an awful proposition won't help them. Everybody that sits around me stopped using the kiosks last year. They clearly are not listening and the Trust hasn't been able to make a difference after 12 months of trying.

The old problems were back on Saturday. The stand hadn't been prepared for the new season with pigeon shite on the seats. There were no programme sellers around the ground. The away fans were treated with disrespect. Yes we are streets ahead of bury, but that isn't hard is it? But we are still a bit tinpot. Maybe we could ask the players chef to help with the kiosk catering?
£3.50 pies on 08:57 - Aug 12 with 2164 viewsdawlishdale

Whilst Col is being very diplomatic here (and it must be difficult to remain as impartial as he does), I think you have to look at the fans perspective.

I'll wager that all the fan base recognises that the cheap season tickets are excellent value and that we are very fortunate to be enjoying them, thanks in the no small part to the work that Russ Green put in when he was CEO.

Let's not forget that together with Colin Garlick, it was David Bottomley who stood up and defended the "no price rise" a few years ago, when supporters clearly suffered a big price rise and an adult ticket in the Main Stand was just over £400. As a new Director, he lost much goodwill by taking such a standpoint. Colin Garlick on the other hand had been a fantastic ambassador for the club down the years and had earned the right to make the occasional blunder.

This hasn't been forgotten by many fans, and is probably one of the reasons that DB gets such a rough ride on here.... although he does seem to have made some very strange business decisions since.

What grates with me personally is that it feels like the club have said "ok...we're committed to cheap season tickets; let's fleece the supporters on everything else"

It's at the point where I'd actually be happier to pay another £50 on my season ticket provided I was treated with decency and respect by the Board. Currently, I don't feel loved or even wanted by the Directors, despite the football on offer being a much better product than under Hill and the season tickets superb value. We even had a Director criticising the home fans at the recent Fans forum for not making more noise. Well; I don't hear any noise coming from the Directors box so perhaps people in glass houses etc.

I want decent quality products at the kiosks, or I won't bother going. I want reasonable prices in the bars, or I'll take my custom elsewhere, and I want the half time draw to offer a better chance of winning a decent prize...even a simpleton can tell it's now stacked heavily against winning. I'll be amazed if the takings for the Grab a hundred quid draw are anywhere near the same level as the Golden Gamble once people realise what's happened.

The Board should really take note of the comments on here, as there are plenty of supporters who have a good working knowledge of customer service. and finally, I simply do not believe that the club has no input into the pricing and quality of products available at the kiosks on match day.
£3.50 pies on 09:05 - Aug 12 with 2145 viewsdingdangblue

£3.50 pies on 08:02 - Aug 12 by judd

Yes.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

£3.50 pies on 09:41 - Aug 12 with 2065 viewspioneer

£3.50 pies on 07:21 - Aug 12 by ColDale

On the pie situation, we're very fortune to have someone on the Trust board with several years working within this industry, and his continued work in dealing with the club has looked at all aspects of the pies, communicatiing all the feedback that we have received.. I don't believe this has finished yet but we'll report back upon the conclusion.

Said this before but the pies are expensive in the same way that when I go to the cinema, I pay more for pick and mix than I would at Tesco, the way I'll pay more for a beer at the Test match next week than I would at an off license or if I get food or drink at a concert, I'd be paying through the roof. I don't think there is any "event" which charges what would be classed as being a fair price. On evidence so far, the prices are in line with other grounds with Tranmere also charging £3.50 a price, and we'll continue to monitor the prices at other grounds throughout the season.

Personally, what I think does need taking into consideration is that we have the cheapest season tickets in the division, with even our most expensive season ticket cheaper than all but two other club's cheapest season ticket. That brings with it, as we've known from similar plans at Hartlepool and Bradford, increases in other things such as the walk up price, Cat A/B games or costs of drinks/food. Fans have been crying out for us to adopt a scheme like this for years, and the number of season tickets sold is an indication that it works with the last two years reporting record season ticket sales, and a highest average attendance in over 40 years. You take the increases in the things that come with these schemes in isolation and £27 for a game of League 1 football certainlty sounds excessive but I don't believe it is something that should be looked at without taking the cheap season tickets into consideration.

Not gonna compare us to Bury as they are so far removed from where we are as a club, but you look at Oldham and they charged £270 for their cheapest season ticket even during the Early Bird. Had we charged that, there would be a signficant number of people priced out of going to matches completely. Genuine question, but would fans be happier had season tickets gone up in price to say £175/£225/£275 with less price increases in other areas? Of course, it may well transpire that the other price increases have been counter productive, and our continued monitoring / dialogue will address that later in the season when sufficient eveidence is available, but I really believe that we have to look at the much bigger picture which has a commitment to affordable football and ensuring the club's future is not put in jeopardy.

So folks not able or willing to buy a season ticket are screwed twice - massive increases in prices of admission and pies. Glad the strategy was based on evidence from Hartlepools and Bradford...remind me where they are playing their football this season.

Talk about feeling unwanted.
£3.50 pies on 10:13 - Aug 12 with 1999 viewskel

£3.50 pies on 09:41 - Aug 12 by pioneer

So folks not able or willing to buy a season ticket are screwed twice - massive increases in prices of admission and pies. Glad the strategy was based on evidence from Hartlepools and Bradford...remind me where they are playing their football this season.

Talk about feeling unwanted.

That’s my situation summed up. I’m getting mithered by my kids to take them to a game so I’m going to take advantage of the cheap ticket prices tomorrow as I’m certainly not happy paying league game prices at the moment due to the stupid new policy on kids season tickets.

Anyone know the price of those cardboard BSE burgers as for some reason my fussy eater lad likes them?
£3.50 pies on 10:13 - Aug 12 with 1997 viewsSuddenLad

£3.50 pies on 08:57 - Aug 12 by dawlishdale

Whilst Col is being very diplomatic here (and it must be difficult to remain as impartial as he does), I think you have to look at the fans perspective.

I'll wager that all the fan base recognises that the cheap season tickets are excellent value and that we are very fortunate to be enjoying them, thanks in the no small part to the work that Russ Green put in when he was CEO.

Let's not forget that together with Colin Garlick, it was David Bottomley who stood up and defended the "no price rise" a few years ago, when supporters clearly suffered a big price rise and an adult ticket in the Main Stand was just over £400. As a new Director, he lost much goodwill by taking such a standpoint. Colin Garlick on the other hand had been a fantastic ambassador for the club down the years and had earned the right to make the occasional blunder.

This hasn't been forgotten by many fans, and is probably one of the reasons that DB gets such a rough ride on here.... although he does seem to have made some very strange business decisions since.

What grates with me personally is that it feels like the club have said "ok...we're committed to cheap season tickets; let's fleece the supporters on everything else"

It's at the point where I'd actually be happier to pay another £50 on my season ticket provided I was treated with decency and respect by the Board. Currently, I don't feel loved or even wanted by the Directors, despite the football on offer being a much better product than under Hill and the season tickets superb value. We even had a Director criticising the home fans at the recent Fans forum for not making more noise. Well; I don't hear any noise coming from the Directors box so perhaps people in glass houses etc.

I want decent quality products at the kiosks, or I won't bother going. I want reasonable prices in the bars, or I'll take my custom elsewhere, and I want the half time draw to offer a better chance of winning a decent prize...even a simpleton can tell it's now stacked heavily against winning. I'll be amazed if the takings for the Grab a hundred quid draw are anywhere near the same level as the Golden Gamble once people realise what's happened.

The Board should really take note of the comments on here, as there are plenty of supporters who have a good working knowledge of customer service. and finally, I simply do not believe that the club has no input into the pricing and quality of products available at the kiosks on match day.

The hierarchy at Spotland, seem hell-bent on completely alienating the lifeblood of the club sometimes. First the catering disaster, not just the cost of pies, but the quality of the product, hideous prices for soft drinks (Pepsi-Max £2.20)and sweets, the appalling Grab-a-Grand fiasco, which is likely to never be what it claims to be.

I don't give a tinkers cuss what they charge at 'events'. They are generally 'one-offs' and are out to rip people off for what they can get within a fixed time frame. You can prepare for that by taking your own and you expect it.

l don't expect that from a venue where I attend up to 30 times a season (allowing for cup competitions), nor do I see the reasoning behind being charged an extra 'punitive' fee for someone deciding on the day, to go and watch a game of football. Madness.

If some people want to think that supporters who are expressing their unhappiness about things are 'trying to destabilise the club' (or whatever the nonsense comment was at the recent forum), they are deluded. The club matters more than any of us.

Supporters simply want the best that the club can be and the best that the club can offer for the benefit of the supporters. Anything that devalues the match day experience or reflects badly on the club will have a detrimental effect on us all.

We've previously had supporters prevented from bringing their 'chippy' purchases through the turnstiles. Where does all this utter nonsense stop ??

Get back to basics and put the supporters first, instead on inventing reasons to keep them irate, or even staying away.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

£3.50 pies on 10:18 - Aug 12 with 1974 views442Dale

£3.50 pies on 10:13 - Aug 12 by kel

That’s my situation summed up. I’m getting mithered by my kids to take them to a game so I’m going to take advantage of the cheap ticket prices tomorrow as I’m certainly not happy paying league game prices at the moment due to the stupid new policy on kids season tickets.

Anyone know the price of those cardboard BSE burgers as for some reason my fussy eater lad likes them?

Who knows but other clubs charge a lot and so does the cinema.

Never, ever thought we’d be going down the ‘it happens everywhere else’ route at Dale with things like this and increasing admission on the day, but that’s apparently where we are. So be it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£3.50 pies on 10:45 - Aug 12 with 1937 viewsSandyman

There is some reasoning in the idea of increasing catering prices / reducing prize money etc to cover cheap season tickets, but when this is done to a level where supporters stop buying these products, doesn't it defeat the object?
£3.50 pies on 11:02 - Aug 12 with 1889 viewsjudd

£3.50 pies on 10:45 - Aug 12 by Sandyman

There is some reasoning in the idea of increasing catering prices / reducing prize money etc to cover cheap season tickets, but when this is done to a level where supporters stop buying these products, doesn't it defeat the object?

Are you trying to destabilise the club with your reasoned logic?

It's not just the massive increase in prices, it's the high number of objections to the significant decrease in quality of product on offer that makes it all the more unsavoury.

But what do we matter?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024