Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£3.50 pies 18:33 - Jul 21 with 35341 views_dezzy

Scandalous

KHBA

£3.50 pies on 11:11 - Aug 12 with 2780 viewschalky_ncfc

£3.50 pies on 21:33 - Aug 11 by Thacks_Rabbits

When I first started watching I looked forward to the pie, peas and gravy or a nice bovril with mushy peas more than the majority of the first half, I think bovril and peas with a spoon was about 80p and pie peas and gravy was about 1.60 or so. I would happily pay double this as that was about 1984 so obviously inflation comes into it.

The difference is that the product now appears to be shite, caterers could still make a decent profit flogging bovril with a scoop of mushy peas at say 1.75 and pie peas and gravy at 4 quid, even if just a Holland’s pie.

Cost for pie chips and gravy, bought in bulk, is about 75p, add staff costs and cooking etc call it 1.50 being stupidly generous, still a huge profit. 1.60 for a twix, you can get 4 for a quid!

Someone is fleecing us, so just don’t buy anything there and tell everyone else not to, remember Northampton away years ago when pie stands were boycotted!!!!

Bovril and peas,that's a pot of peas and nothing else like chips with it? If the peas have sold out are beans an acceptable alternative? Why have just a bowl of peas on their own? I'm not having a pop at you Thacks as I'm presuming it's normal in Rochdale

I honestly would like to take the p1ss out of you lot for a tread lasting six pages about pies but having gone through it there's some serious posts about the situation on here,it seems like a serious concern in which you are all United and making a stand against which seems bizarre to me,I think that there was some complaints about the quality of the pies at Meadow Lane on a Notts forum once and it went like this....

"The pies was like cardboard today" ...

"Yeah next time I'm buying a pasty"....

" I'm bringing in some crisps and a Mars bar from home ".... And seriously that was the extent of the conversation

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

£3.50 pies on 11:14 - Aug 12 with 2766 viewschalky_ncfc

Fook me,just to rub salt into the wound I've started page seven

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

£3.50 pies on 11:21 - Aug 12 with 2743 viewsMeanwood

Can still remember the Pie, peas and gravy that i used to buy from the kiosk in the corner of the Sandy and Willbutts. The chaps names i think was Ashworth, and he ran a printers based in Woodhouse Mill up Norden at the time. Simply the best, the gravy was actually homemade Oxtail soup, so thick i would put hairs on your chest and lead in your pencil, Halcyon days indeed! sounds better than today's offering?
£3.50 pies on 11:26 - Aug 12 with 2728 viewsSuddenLad

£3.50 pies on 11:21 - Aug 12 by Meanwood

Can still remember the Pie, peas and gravy that i used to buy from the kiosk in the corner of the Sandy and Willbutts. The chaps names i think was Ashworth, and he ran a printers based in Woodhouse Mill up Norden at the time. Simply the best, the gravy was actually homemade Oxtail soup, so thick i would put hairs on your chest and lead in your pencil, Halcyon days indeed! sounds better than today's offering?

Jack Ashworth.

It was like napalm. It stripped the skin off the roof of your mouth if you weren't careful, but it was a life saver on cold nights. Bloody marvellous stuff.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

£3.50 pies on 11:36 - Aug 12 with 2705 viewsMeanwood

£3.50 pies on 11:26 - Aug 12 by SuddenLad

Jack Ashworth.

It was like napalm. It stripped the skin off the roof of your mouth if you weren't careful, but it was a life saver on cold nights. Bloody marvellous stuff.

Napalm is a good description, remember the skin blistering my soft palate on many a tuesday evening.

Yesterdays catering, todays football?
£3.50 pies on 17:28 - Aug 13 with 2422 viewsblackdogblue

£3.50 pies on 11:14 - Aug 12 by chalky_ncfc

Fook me,just to rub salt into the wound I've started page seven

Chalky lad, before we get to page 8, what’s the grub like at a non league club? 😀

Harrogate will be doing some nice Yorkshire sorry Nottingham Puddings tonight 😂

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

£3.50 pies on 08:17 - Aug 14 with 2292 viewstodmordendale

Did someone mention that a Pasty was thrown onto the pitch last night.
Just wondering whether it may have been a throw of no confidence in the catering or what ?
£3.50 pies on 08:23 - Aug 14 with 2279 viewsjudd

£3.50 pies on 08:17 - Aug 14 by todmordendale

Did someone mention that a Pasty was thrown onto the pitch last night.
Just wondering whether it may have been a throw of no confidence in the catering or what ?

Yes, I mentioned it. It was more expensive than the whole of the Bolton squad.

By the way, I did not buy nor throw it - I wouldn't waste my money on a scandalously priced piece of pitch-damaging tat.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

£3.50 pies on 08:53 - Aug 14 with 2226 viewswindowsbug

£3.50 pies on 11:21 - Aug 12 by Meanwood

Hilton's pies
£3.50 pies on 08:57 - Aug 14 with 2220 viewsBigKindo

£3.50 pies on 08:53 - Aug 14 by windowsbug

Hilton's pies

........ and before 'Pork Pie Hilton' I think it was another local piemen Jack Leach.
£3.50 pies on 09:17 - Aug 14 with 2177 viewsSandyman

£3.50 pies on 08:57 - Aug 14 by BigKindo

........ and before 'Pork Pie Hilton' I think it was another local piemen Jack Leach.

This one? ;-)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49322966
£3.50 pies on 09:27 - Aug 14 with 2161 viewsBigKindo

£3.50 pies on 09:17 - Aug 14 by Sandyman

This one? ;-)

Yeah. That's him.
£3.50 pies on 09:48 - Aug 14 with 2121 viewsD_Alien

£3.50 pies on 09:27 - Aug 14 by BigKindo

Yeah. That's him.

Isn't he employed by Lord's catering?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£3.50 pies on 09:48 - Aug 14 with 2121 viewsjonesy

£3.50 pies on 11:11 - Aug 12 by chalky_ncfc

Bovril and peas,that's a pot of peas and nothing else like chips with it? If the peas have sold out are beans an acceptable alternative? Why have just a bowl of peas on their own? I'm not having a pop at you Thacks as I'm presuming it's normal in Rochdale

I honestly would like to take the p1ss out of you lot for a tread lasting six pages about pies but having gone through it there's some serious posts about the situation on here,it seems like a serious concern in which you are all United and making a stand against which seems bizarre to me,I think that there was some complaints about the quality of the pies at Meadow Lane on a Notts forum once and it went like this....

" I'm bringing in some crisps and a Mars bar from home ".... And seriously that was the extent of the conversation

Go to Great Yarmouth and you can buy a bowl of mushy peas on the market. Even in “up market” Norwich market you can buy mushy peas on their own or with a submerged pie. Not just a Rochdale delicacy.
£3.50 pies on 10:00 - Aug 14 with 2093 viewsfitzochris

Talking of food customs, when I was at university in an unnamed Yorkshire city, I visited a greasy spoon to obtain a morning cure for the previous night’s reverie.

I ordered a sausage butty.

The buxom lass behind the counter promptly asked: “D’yer want thum dipped, luv?”

While I was trying to overcome my bashfulness, and, dare I say it, excitement, I realised she was asking if I wanted the sausages lowered into a vat of peeled plum tomatoes prior to them being laid on the bread.

A strange, but actually quite tasty, experience.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

£3.50 pies on 10:04 - Aug 14 with 2084 viewsjudd

£3.50 pies on 10:00 - Aug 14 by fitzochris

Talking of food customs, when I was at university in an unnamed Yorkshire city, I visited a greasy spoon to obtain a morning cure for the previous night’s reverie.

The buxom lass behind the counter promptly asked: “D’yer want thum dipped, luv?”

While I was trying to overcome my bashfulness, and, dare I say it, excitement, I realised she was asking if I wanted the sausages lowered into a vat of peeled plum tomatoes prior to them being laid on the bread.

Similarly, when ordering a breakfast in the Trent Bridge café and was asked "would you like toast with that, duck", I thought the last word was an instruction so almost fell to the floor in answering "yes please".

Poll: What is it to be then?

£3.50 pies on 10:05 - Aug 14 with 2083 viewsBigKindo

......... plus the plum tomatoes provided one of your five a day.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 10:08]
£3.50 pies on 10:14 - Aug 14 with 2054 viewsD_Alien

The Old Bridge Inn in Ripponden serves up a decent pork pie, but insists on adding mint sauce. Just weird

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

£3.50 pies on 10:25 - Aug 14 with 2026 viewsDaleiLama

£3.50 pies on 10:00 - Aug 14 by fitzochris

"if I wanted the sausage lowered into a vat of peeled plum tomatoes"

……. was she called Franny? Again, without prejudice.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

£3.50 pies on 10:46 - Aug 14 with 1987 viewsTVOS1907

£3.50 pies on 09:17 - Aug 14 by Sandyman

This one? ;-)

He'd probably get more turn out of one of our pies...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

£3.50 pies on 10:55 - Aug 14 with 1974 viewsjonesy

£3.50 pies on 11:11 - Aug 12 by chalky_ncfc

Just seen you have a mushy pea stall in Nottingham market. Not many about?
£3.50 pies on 12:13 - Aug 14 with 1880 viewsDaley_Lama

Given that the kiosks only have a finite window to sell their fayres and that the ones in the TDS had healthy queues throughout half time last night with a sparse home crowd, i would recommend that prices are put up even more to capitalise on the willingness of people to part with their £££

The £2.60 ‘happy meal’ is a bargain!

Poll: DF in or out

£3.50 pies on 12:32 - Aug 14 with 1845 viewsDalenet

£3.50 pies on 12:13 - Aug 14 by Daley_Lama

Given that the kiosks only have a finite window to sell their fayres and that the ones in the TDS had healthy queues throughout half time last night with a sparse home crowd, i would recommend that prices are put up even more to capitalise on the willingness of people to part with their £££

The £2.60 ‘happy meal’ is a bargain!

Did it make you happy or sick?
£3.50 pies on 17:50 - Aug 16 with 1591 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/08/trust-update-to-members/

Thanks for the update. Can the Trust confirm there will be some clarity and explanation around the price rises too?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

£3.50 pies on 17:56 - Aug 16 with 1568 viewsfitzochris

£3.50 pies on 17:50 - Aug 16 by 442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/08/trust-update-to-members/

Thanks for the update. Can the Trust confirm there will be some clarity and explanation around the price rises too?

Other than it’s what them cinema and festival types charge?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024