Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. 19:00 - Jul 22 with 4621 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Feel free to add answer and add your own.

Bringing back Sweetmore, is that higher or lower in own goals than announcing our new signing is a billboard!
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 19:04]

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 19:04 - Jul 22 with 3564 viewsjudd

That was pretty low.

Factually incorrect scratch card?

Gala dinner, carriages but no kids allowed?

The vote of confidence?

Groundsmangate?

Selling out to Sunderland?

Dan Adshead?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 19:08 - Jul 22 with 3530 viewsJames1980

What about the screen?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 19:21 - Jul 22 with 3478 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 19:08 - Jul 22 by James1980

What about the screen?

I remember Us offering Graham Atkinson a new contract then changing our minds, I remember how chuffed he was at nemesis at end of season do.

Sadly had to get taxi home as no other form of transportation was offered back then.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 19:27 - Jul 22 with 3460 viewsKenBoon

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 19:08 - Jul 22 by James1980

What about the screen?

That was magnificent and improved by the piss taking crowdfund for it. £100k for what was a video screen for showing adverts on the main road, but occasionally would be used at the Football.
Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 19:47 - Jul 22 with 3405 viewsChaffRAFC

* The fact that we've entered into a new (last season) long term deal (4 years rumoured but it went unannounced I think) deal with a kit manufacturer that STILL have no full kids kits on sale, 5 months after the kit launch. And seemingly no away shorts or socks for the away kit for even the first team.

* And possibly the worst ever tweet of "Rochdale Football Club is delighted to announce that goalkeeper Magnus Norman has extended his stay at the club." Three days after his errors had given Doncaster a 5-0 win in which the Dale fans chanted for Josh Lillis.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:01 - Jul 22 with 3357 viewsSandyman

Sacking Graham Barrow, nobody telling Joe Hinnighan who turned up at the end of season do clueless as to what had happened.

Selling shirts by auction that had the backs needlessly taken out so they could be framed. Widgibob's "Coleman Cape" became the stuff of legends.

The £2.80 pie.
The £3.50 pie.

The Sunderland fiasco (the stands and the mugs)

THAT do celebrating anniversaries that weren't of any significance that excluded kids, invited Jeff Stelling that was cancelled because "those who know best" completely misunderstood the fanbase.

Dropping the Goal Sponsorship page (which has been in the programme for yonks) for 2019/20, to be replaced with an anonymous web page on the fishul site, which has caused sponsors to leave the scheme.
Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:45 - Jul 22 with 3271 views442Dale

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 09:54 - Jul 23 with 2918 viewsParkinsGimp

Sweetmore very low and the way the new guy was treated.
Carriages obviously
5 year contract to a Manager who wasnt in demand.
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 10:17 - Jul 23 with 2885 viewsdingdangblue

Selling blue Tranmere kits with a blue patch stitched over the top with our sponsor on.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 10:30 - Jul 23 with 2864 views100notout

Jesus its amazing we're still in existence! These fookin chairmen / CEO's / directors they're a bunch of idiots who can't do anything right.

Oh hang on they've done loads and loads of things right. Ok they get some things wrong - let him / her who has never done anything wrong post next .........

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 10:56 - Jul 23 with 2813 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 10:30 - Jul 23 by 100notout

Jesus its amazing we're still in existence! These fookin chairmen / CEO's / directors they're a bunch of idiots who can't do anything right.

Oh hang on they've done loads and loads of things right. Ok they get some things wrong - let him / her who has never done anything wrong post next .........

Edit: just posting to carry on the thread...

[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 11:29]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 11:31 - Jul 23 with 2756 viewssoulboy

Threatening to give the Sandy Lane end to Burnley fans, thankfully it didnt happen after protests from Dale fans.
Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 11:53 - Jul 23 with 2726 viewsScunnydale

The Hollins fax.
Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 12:49 - Jul 23 with 2649 viewsEllDale

All the furore over letting fans out for a cigarette at halftime
Being in the national press after a sellout cuptie against Huddersfield because of the state of the seats
Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:16 - Jul 23 with 2446 viewsmikehunt

Bloody hell! What’s brought this on? What are we beating ourselves up for? We should be looking forward to the brand new season with enthusiasm. Jeez! Give it a month: we’ll have plenty to moan about then. 😀

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:20 - Jul 23 with 2436 viewschalky_ncfc

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 10:17 - Jul 23 by dingdangblue

Selling blue Tranmere kits with a blue patch stitched over the top with our sponsor on.

Did that really happen and if so what lead to it occurring ?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:33 - Jul 23 with 2403 views442Dale

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:20 - Jul 23 by chalky_ncfc

Did that really happen and if so what lead to it occurring ?

Both sides had kits made by En-S, Tranmere had a blue away kit that was the same design as our home shirt. It wasn’t strictly a Tranmere shirt that went on sale as they had Dale badges, but there’d clearly been a mistake at the manufacturers as WIRRAL was the sponsor that had to be covered with a sewn on piece of material. Dale’s SMITH METALS sponsor was on the patch but fans returned them to the club shop straight away (we were playing Carlisle in a League Cup tie on the night they went on sale) to be met with the then commercial manager asking “what’s wrong with them?”

They were all refunded though before a proper batch arrived. We’ve always been a set of fans who don’t put up with nonsense from our club, Chalky. Lessons to be learnt there.

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:44 - Jul 23 with 2363 viewschalky_ncfc

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:33 - Jul 23 by 442Dale

Both sides had kits made by En-S, Tranmere had a blue away kit that was the same design as our home shirt. It wasn’t strictly a Tranmere shirt that went on sale as they had Dale badges, but there’d clearly been a mistake at the manufacturers as WIRRAL was the sponsor that had to be covered with a sewn on piece of material. Dale’s SMITH METALS sponsor was on the patch but fans returned them to the club shop straight away (we were playing Carlisle in a League Cup tie on the night they went on sale) to be met with the then commercial manager asking “what’s wrong with them?”

They were all refunded though before a proper batch arrived. We’ve always been a set of fans who don’t put up with nonsense from our club, Chalky. Lessons to be learnt there.

Could you see the "WIRREL" underneath the Smiths Metals patch then?
I'm surprised that the commercial manager let them go on sale and just returned them to the manufacturer

Upon reflection I think it's fair to say that some Notts fans have believed in magic beans in the past

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 21:27 - Jul 23 with 2299 views442Dale

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:44 - Jul 23 by chalky_ncfc

I'm surprised that the commercial manager let them go on sale and just returned them to the manufacturer

Upon reflection I think it's fair to say that some Notts fans have believed in magic beans in the past

You could when you turned them inside out. The patch was far too obvious.

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 22:06 - Jul 23 with 2236 viewsdingdangblue

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:44 - Jul 23 by chalky_ncfc

I think there had been a delay by the supplier's so on the night of the game they were literally just opening the boxes and selling the shirts in the wrappers so they hadn't noticed. I was one of the 'lucky' ones who bought one and noticed the patch but just thought the sponsor had been sewn on. Like 442 said it wasn't till I got home and turned it inside out that I noticed 'Wirrel' underneath.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 22:09 - Jul 23 with 2225 viewssoulboy

Letting Tommy Cannon on the board was bad, even worse the Euroway Car scenario, owned by Andrew Hindle who had the ground earmarked for a housing development.
Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 00:15 - Jul 24 with 2113 viewsDaley_Lama

Selling my season ticket seat for the Rochdale v Darlington 2nd leg playoff to another during the "selling only to season ticket holders" window.

Never forget
Never forgive

Poll: DF in or out

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 06:54 - Jul 24 with 2004 viewswidgibob

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 20:01 - Jul 22 by Sandyman

Sacking Graham Barrow, nobody telling Joe Hinnighan who turned up at the end of season do clueless as to what had happened.

Selling shirts by auction that had the backs needlessly taken out so they could be framed. Widgibob's "Coleman Cape" became the stuff of legends.

The £2.80 pie.
The £3.50 pie.

The Sunderland fiasco (the stands and the mugs)

THAT do celebrating anniversaries that weren't of any significance that excluded kids, invited Jeff Stelling that was cancelled because "those who know best" completely misunderstood the fanbase.

Dropping the Goal Sponsorship page (which has been in the programme for yonks) for 2019/20, to be replaced with an anonymous web page on the fishul site, which has caused sponsors to leave the scheme.

I've still got the cape.

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 08:04 - Jul 24 with 1941 viewsblackdogblue

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 12:49 - Jul 23 by EllDale

All the furore over letting fans out for a cigarette at halftime
Being in the national press after a sellout cuptie against Huddersfield because of the state of the seats

Having a fag at half time?, that brings back memories...

The most ridiculous decision in club history? - Banning smoking at half time in the smoking area 😡😡😡😡😡

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 08:19 - Jul 24 with 1928 viewsjudd

Rochdale AFC Own Goal play your cards right. on 22:09 - Jul 23 by soulboy

Letting Tommy Cannon on the board was bad, even worse the Euroway Car scenario, owned by Andrew Hindle who had the ground earmarked for a housing development.

Together with Jim Fagan, those custodians were ousted after efforts by fans and shareholders.

Wholly agree that there have been a great deal of successes generated by the board and a couple of the chief executives over the years, not least of which is that we get to watch sustained professional league football in our own ground, and that we are not operated as a North Korean style autocracy, whereby dissenting voices are never heard.

I could add the sponsored walk for the Bowlee training ground and community facility as an own goal, but I have made mistakes...

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024