Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris 16:42 - Jul 23 with 7512 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Just been on telly promising to get a new deal, unite the country, deliver Brexit, end austerity, give the NHS an extra zillion a week, build aparthotels and have us in a new country in five years time.

Still, if enough idiots believe it then why not?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 18:16]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Boris on 17:11 - Jul 23 with 4541 viewspnc4eva1

Boris Johnson the Stewart Day of politics

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Boris on 17:15 - Jul 23 with 4527 viewsD_Alien

"And the word was made flesh, and dwelt aMONGst us"

John 1:14

It was all predicted a long time ago

Edit: just to clarify, BDMC's original post had the word 'mongs' which has been changed to 'idiots'. Without prejudice
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 20:29]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Boris on 17:42 - Jul 23 with 4445 viewsNigeriamark

Phew, we are saved !!
Boris on 18:57 - Jul 23 with 4278 viewsjonahwhereru

Just heard a commentator on C5 describe him as “a PoundshopTrump”, brilliant!!

I may be wrong but I think the majority of the people have a negative view of him, but the Tory membership see him as an election winner. Maybe I am wrong but I think he needs to win people over and quick. The honeymoon is already over and he hasn’t started the job yet.
Boris on 19:10 - Jul 23 with 4242 viewssoulboy

God help us. A new PM picked by a tiny percentage of the population, the "I'm all right Jack" brigade.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 19:32]
Boris on 19:41 - Jul 23 with 4171 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Boris on 18:57 - Jul 23 by jonahwhereru

Just heard a commentator on C5 describe him as “a PoundshopTrump”, brilliant!!

I may be wrong but I think the majority of the people have a negative view of him, but the Tory membership see him as an election winner. Maybe I am wrong but I think he needs to win people over and quick. The honeymoon is already over and he hasn’t started the job yet.

Strange but in work today and literally every man and woman, many of whom I would have imagined would be conservative leaning, were very much bemoaning his election. The feeling was he was there by default, Brexit’s put him there, and that he is very ill equipped for the job.

For what it’s worth I think he will be found out massively. His issue is that he’s a charismatic rabble rousing hack. He’s very good at that. That’s what Brexiters and in particular the ERG like about him. However, what he says isn’t necessarily what he believes or is deliverable. For example, in the leadership contest he strongly forwarded his ‘do or die’ approach to Brexit but when pressed and was under a bit of pressure he came out with ‘the chances of a no deal Brexit are a million to one’. That’s the man, and that’s what a lot of people have issues with. He’s actually not that good under pressure. That’s where the lies start. He’s going to really upset one side and I suspect it will be the Brexiters.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 19:42]

Boris on 19:58 - Jul 23 with 4129 viewsmikehunt

This is where we should have been three years ago. Someone at the helm who wanted out. Whatever your standpoint he (with one or two others) got us into the mess and he now has the task of delivering his promises. Let’s see. (I still want out by the way).
But how has it come to Boris being the best choice of the lot of them (I’m including all parties here)? That’s what worries me.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Boris on 20:16 - Jul 23 with 4081 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Boris on 19:58 - Jul 23 by mikehunt

This is where we should have been three years ago. Someone at the helm who wanted out. Whatever your standpoint he (with one or two others) got us into the mess and he now has the task of delivering his promises. Let’s see. (I still want out by the way).
But how has it come to Boris being the best choice of the lot of them (I’m including all parties here)? That’s what worries me.

He’ll do platitudes and optimism and ‘can-do’. The Panorama documentary was very insightful. What was fascinating was that the EU negotiators were genuinely astonished at how unprepared the British representatives, including ardent Brexiters like David Davis (who I thought came out of it very badly) and later Raab, were and how they didn’t seem to know what Brexit meant. They wanted it but when it got down to the detail of what they wanted they were floundering. The EU was more prepared and had a far better grasp of the detail.
I don’t think the EU will be particularly concerned about Boris. It’ll be more of the same if not worse.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 20:22]

Login to get fewer ads

Boris on 20:25 - Jul 23 with 4040 viewsArthurDaley

You forgot about big tax cuts for the richest Big dave. That's the only thing he will do.

A large VAT Dave

Boris on 20:27 - Jul 23 with 4034 viewssoulboy

Stand by for the reurn of Lord Lucan, alias Rees Mogg. Things will then get a lot, lot worse.
Boris on 21:10 - Jul 23 with 3938 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Not going to add a lot to this thread as I honestly don’t think we have a politician of any party capable of seeing past their own personal agendas and self promotion.

Watching question time it’s the same every week, other than the non political guest, such as the weatherspoons chap the other week.

Labour want an election, and will say whatever around brexit to try and get it, with a revote.

Tories have had May who had been utterly shite in doing anything in 2 years of “negotiations”

UKIP/Brexit just buy into the fact everyone has been pissed about and are fed up with a referendum meaning sod all.

Greens talk about the environmental effects of leaving the eu. And want another vote.

They are all lying pricks, self serving lying turds.

Obviously there is more to all the parties involved, but that’s the jist.

Corruption has been going forever, remember the tiles and contract on the market years ago, common knowledge brown envelopes were involved in that!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Boris on 10:59 - Jul 24 with 3574 viewsjonesy

Boris on 21:10 - Jul 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

Not going to add a lot to this thread as I honestly don’t think we have a politician of any party capable of seeing past their own personal agendas and self promotion.

Watching question time it’s the same every week, other than the non political guest, such as the weatherspoons chap the other week.

Labour want an election, and will say whatever around brexit to try and get it, with a revote.

Tories have had May who had been utterly shite in doing anything in 2 years of “negotiations”

UKIP/Brexit just buy into the fact everyone has been pissed about and are fed up with a referendum meaning sod all.

Greens talk about the environmental effects of leaving the eu. And want another vote.

Corruption has been going forever, remember the tiles and contract on the market years ago, common knowledge brown envelopes were involved in that!!!!

Agree with all of this. The preceding comments are all typical moaning minnies. Who would they want as prime minister? Easy to slag off Boris especially if you are brainwashed by the media. Let’s see how he gets on. At least he’s a leaver (I hope).
Boris on 11:08 - Jul 24 with 3561 viewsDaleFan7

The result of a GE if it happened soon would be interesting. There isn't enough support for any of the parties to get close to a majority so would be interesting to see who got in bed with who and even then would they have enough for a majority.

At the moment, none of the parties are electable and though he thinks its a good idea, I think the next GE would spell the end for Corbyn. He's not as popular as he'd like to think he is.
Boris on 11:49 - Jul 24 with 3513 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Boris on 10:59 - Jul 24 by jonesy

Agree with all of this. The preceding comments are all typical moaning minnies. Who would they want as prime minister? Easy to slag off Boris especially if you are brainwashed by the media. Let’s see how he gets on. At least he’s a leaver (I hope).

Most of the media is pro Brexit and, albeit nervously, Boris.

Boris on 12:10 - Jul 24 with 3480 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Nonsense, Theresa May got a deal. It’s 600 pages long and called the ‘Withdrawal Agreement’. I can see why you are attracted to Boris.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 12:12]

Boris on 12:10 - Jul 24 with 3478 viewsScunnydale

Boris on 10:59 - Jul 24 by jonesy

He wasn't a leaver a few years ago, until he realised fronting the leave campaign would be an easier path into power.
Boris on 12:10 - Jul 24 with 3478 viewselectricblue

Boris when under pressure hides behind his platitudes and his privilaged education..

Im more worried about the rise of the Libdems tbh......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Boris on 12:15 - Jul 24 with 3467 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Boris on 12:10 - Jul 24 by electricblue

Boris when under pressure hides behind his platitudes and his privilaged education..

Im more worried about the rise of the Libdems tbh......

He relies on telling people what they want to hear and bonhomie to get himself out of difficult situations. The EU negotiators will run rings around him.

Boris on 12:28 - Jul 24 with 3440 viewselectricblue

Boris on 12:15 - Jul 24 by BigDaveMyCock

He relies on telling people what they want to hear and bonhomie to get himself out of difficult situations. The EU negotiators will run rings around him.

The missus says he is an over educated buffoon definately not to be trusted..
She had her doubts about Blair when he won his first GE..

Boris on 12:36 - Jul 24 with 3427 viewsD_Alien

Boris on 12:28 - Jul 24 by electricblue

The missus says he is an over educated buffoon definately not to be trusted..
She had her doubts about Blair when he won his first GE..

Your missus knows a potential future as been when she sees one

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Boris on 12:42 - Jul 24 with 3409 viewsjonesy

Boris on 11:49 - Jul 24 by BigDaveMyCock

You obviously have a sense of humour! Presumably you are a remainer?
Boris on 12:47 - Jul 24 with 3391 viewsjudd

Boris on 12:15 - Jul 24 by BigDaveMyCock

But this lank haired womaniser can carve wine boxes out of London buses.

Nothing is beyond his capabilities.

Bexhill here we come!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Boris on 12:57 - Jul 24 with 3377 viewsmingthemerciless

Boris on 11:49 - Jul 24 by BigDaveMyCock

Yes and most of the owners of the Pro Brexit media live abroad.
Boris on 12:58 - Jul 24 with 3374 viewselectricblue

Boris on 12:36 - Jul 24 by D_Alien

Your missus knows a potential future as been when she sees one

You could say that....

Boris on 13:11 - Jul 24 with 3351 viewsEllDale

I suspect that Labour may have a shock nationally if a general election were to be called.
There shouldn't be a problem for them locally where the present incumbent would seem to have a job for life.
They seem to have lost a lot of their momentum (no pun intended) since 2017. Brexit has split the Labour ranks every bit as it has the Conservative ones if you ask me.
As for Boris, I just view him as the ultimate opportunist both politically and privately.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024