Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Overcoat Men 07:25 - Jul 31 with 3093 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

The Overcoat Men 31st Jul 2019 07:24
A new Dale book is out now that looks back at the work of David Kilpatrick and Graham Morris and the role that they served in rescuing the club back in the 1980's. We caught up with author Mark Hodkinson to ask him about it. 4

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
The Overcoat Men on 22:07 - Jul 31 with 2943 viewsjudd

Please read the excellent interview and relate it to why we continue to monitor the management of our club. And buy the book.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Overcoat Men on 22:26 - Jul 31 with 2914 viewsrochedale

The Overcoat Men on 22:07 - Jul 31 by judd

Please read the excellent interview and relate it to why we continue to monitor the management of our club. And buy the book.

The Mrs has added it to her Xmas shopping list for me. Looking forward to it.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

The Overcoat Men on 18:00 - Aug 11 with 2647 viewsmodelboydave

Has anyone read it yet ?

My copy has just arrived.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

The Overcoat Men on 20:04 - Aug 11 with 2525 viewsVivaDonaldo

The Overcoat Men on 18:00 - Aug 11 by modelboydave

Has anyone read it yet ?

My copy has just arrived.

Going to make a start on it this week if I get chance.
The Overcoat Men on 23:53 - Aug 11 with 2339 viewsBuckTheTrend

It is absolutely excellent. Read it cover to cover in a single sitting.
The Overcoat Men on 05:53 - Aug 12 with 2266 viewsAlexF

Just finished 3 of Mark’s books, he’s an excellent writer, I’ll deffo be getting this one
The Overcoat Men on 07:19 - Aug 12 with 2217 viewsmodelboydave

The Overcoat Men on 23:53 - Aug 11 by BuckTheTrend

It is absolutely excellent. Read it cover to cover in a single sitting.

I have just read the first chapter, which relates to Rochdale as a town. A thought provoking first chapter.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

The Overcoat Men on 09:01 - Aug 12 with 2145 viewsSheffdale

I started it last night and it's well worth a read. As I effectively left Rochdale in 1972 when I went to uni, I only have vague memories of the dark days of the late 70s and 80s. No internet then of course. I have just reached the point where Mark Hilditch is recruited into the team and the contrast with today's professionalism could not be greater. The opening fifty pages paint a picture of Rochdale 2019, contrasting Norden and Bamford with the majority of Rochdale's shabbier districts, as Mark does a tour of the town. It's a tale for our times as well as the Prologue covers 'football clubs [who] clubs regularly fall foul of incompetent, negligent, profligate or downright corrupt owners'...Ring any bells? I was particularly taken with a quote from John Madjeski, 'The only way to make a small fortune from owning a football club is to start with a large one'. Looking forward to reading the rest this week.
Login to get fewer ads

The Overcoat Men on 11:09 - Aug 12 with 2068 viewsMeanwood

Just ordered my copy, looking forward to delving inside its pages. Marks a great researcher and writer. Looking forward to the postie delivering.
The Overcoat Men on 12:36 - Aug 12 with 1990 viewsdeeplishblue

Last year a friend of mine who knows I am a dale fan gave me a copy of believe in the sign. He had come across it whilst browsing at a book stall in France believe it or not.
I finally got round to reading it in June when on holiday
A very pleasant read which brought back lots of memories.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

The Overcoat Men on 17:24 - Aug 12 with 1817 viewsfinberty

An excellent if slightly dispiriting account of living in Rochdale in 2019. Probably no different from other local towns, before the knowing comments start. Very interesting revelations of who did and said what at the time. The Hilditch era stuff is just unbelievable compared to today’s club. Thankfully.
The Overcoat Men on 11:25 - Aug 13 with 1596 viewsLDuffy

A few Rochdale fans have asked where copies of the book are available.

They will be for sale soon at Touchstones, George Kelsall's in Littleborough and the club shop. In the meantime, they are here:

https://www.pomonauk.com/shop/store.php

Copies bought direct from Pomona include a much better cut for the author and publisher than from other major sources where the share is minimal.

Thanks for all your support - the book is selling extremely well.

Lucy Duffy, Pomona
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024