Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Halifax pics... 21:59 - Jul 31 with 2930 viewsTVOS1907

@HxtfcRichard is definitely worth a follow on Twitter for those watching Dale in the 70s & 80s.

Take this little beauty, for example...

[Post edited 31 Jul 2019 22:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Old Halifax pics... on 22:03 - Jul 31 with 2911 viewsTVOS1907

Or even from the early 1990s? Does anyone recognise themselves?

Old Halifax pics... on 22:07 - Jul 31 with 2893 viewsLaveritty

Are you sure about the date? The state of the pitch looks as if the picture could have been taken on Saturday against Bradford!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Old Halifax pics... on 22:14 - Jul 31 with 2867 viewsTVOS1907

Old Halifax pics... on 22:07 - Jul 31 by Laveritty

Are you sure about the date? The state of the pitch looks as if the picture could have been taken on Saturday against Bradford!

Good question!

Old Halifax pics... on 05:26 - Aug 1 with 2716 viewsJames1980

The pic on the OP reminds me of spot the ball. A mates dad did it with out fail every week. Don't recall he ever won anything though.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Old Halifax pics... on 08:36 - Aug 1 with 2565 viewsfrenzied

on that first picture..is that 5 defenders and one attacker?...zonal marking/..or complete disarray?
Old Halifax pics... on 08:51 - Aug 1 with 2551 viewsDaleiLama

Old Halifax pics... on 05:26 - Aug 1 by James1980

The pic on the OP reminds me of spot the ball. A mates dad did it with out fail every week. Don't recall he ever won anything though.

Funny you should say that - I took a quick gander at the pic and looked at the crowd to see what they were wearing. Saw the two fellas with flat caps and thought why has one got a sack of flour on his shoulder at a footy match? On closer inspection …….

My grandad used to do it and I think he got the odd win. Must skip two generations? (might be time to upgrade my reading glasses, or at least give them a wipe)
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 8:51]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Old Halifax pics... on 11:07 - Aug 1 with 2451 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Very colourful ill-fitting anoraks.
Old Halifax pics... on 11:40 - Aug 1 with 2417 viewsFrog

All in One Garden Garden Centre kit, loved it.
Login to get fewer ads

Old Halifax pics... on 11:51 - Aug 1 with 2400 viewsEllDale

Is the Dale player Ronnie Moore?
Old Halifax pics... on 12:07 - Aug 1 with 2371 views442Dale

Old Halifax pics... on 11:51 - Aug 1 by EllDale

Is the Dale player Ronnie Moore?

Yep, being marked by Alan Knill.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Old Halifax pics... on 12:09 - Aug 1 with 2368 viewsTVOS1907

Old Halifax pics... on 08:36 - Aug 1 by frenzied

on that first picture..is that 5 defenders and one attacker?...zonal marking/..or complete disarray?

It's Dale attacking in a thrilling 1-0 win on Easter Monday 1986.

Moore scored the winner.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 12:10]

Old Halifax pics... on 12:15 - Aug 1 with 2354 viewsEllDale

Looks like traditional bank holiday weather.
Old Halifax pics... on 20:31 - Aug 1 with 2136 viewsTVOS1907

Some crackers here from the 5-3 win on May Bank Holiday 1987

Old Halifax pics... on 20:48 - Aug 1 with 2096 viewsBartRowou

For younger viewers, the '87 game v Halifax is one of the most important games in the club's history. A defeat would have left us needing wins at home to Stockport (possible) and away at Scunny (unlikely) to avoid the GM Vauxhall Conference. These days, getting relegated to non-league, a la Notts, is pretty bad but not terminal; back then, it was like the world had ended.

Anyhoo, it was a sunny Bank Holiday Easter Monday and Dale went 1-0 up but, at some point in the second half, as the grey skies converged (see pics), we found ourselves 2-1 down and staring down the barrel.

By the end, a brace from balding, ex Bury, future PFA, top-scoring centre-half and el capitano, John Bramhall, a header from the much-maligned Simon Holden (people really hated him) and the best Dale goal ever from Robbie Wakenshaw made it 5-3.

Honestly, there would be houses on Spotland now if that miracle hadn't happened. We were going nowhere at 2-1 and looked doomed. It was borne from sheer desperation, determination and belief.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 20:49]

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Old Halifax pics... on 21:01 - Aug 1 with 2068 viewssoulboy

Old Halifax pics... on 20:48 - Aug 1 by BartRowou

For younger viewers, the '87 game v Halifax is one of the most important games in the club's history. A defeat would have left us needing wins at home to Stockport (possible) and away at Scunny (unlikely) to avoid the GM Vauxhall Conference. These days, getting relegated to non-league, a la Notts, is pretty bad but not terminal; back then, it was like the world had ended.

Anyhoo, it was a sunny Bank Holiday Easter Monday and Dale went 1-0 up but, at some point in the second half, as the grey skies converged (see pics), we found ourselves 2-1 down and staring down the barrel.

By the end, a brace from balding, ex Bury, future PFA, top-scoring centre-half and el capitano, John Bramhall, a header from the much-maligned Simon Holden (people really hated him) and the best Dale goal ever from Robbie Wakenshaw made it 5-3.

Honestly, there would be houses on Spotland now if that miracle hadn't happened. We were going nowhere at 2-1 and looked doomed. It was borne from sheer desperation, determination and belief.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 20:49]

Some brilliant pictures there, the expressions on the faces of Dave Grant and Reidy were enough to put the fear of God into the opposition supporters, never mind the players!
On a more serious note, does anyone know how Keith Welch, one of our greatest ever keepers, is doing these days after reading on here some time ago he was seriously ill.
Old Halifax pics... on 21:25 - Aug 1 with 2010 viewssoulboy

Old Halifax pics... on 08:51 - Aug 1 by DaleiLama

Funny you should say that - I took a quick gander at the pic and looked at the crowd to see what they were wearing. Saw the two fellas with flat caps and thought why has one got a sack of flour on his shoulder at a footy match? On closer inspection …….

My grandad used to do it and I think he got the odd win. Must skip two generations? (might be time to upgrade my reading glasses, or at least give them a wipe)
[Post edited 1 Aug 2019 8:51]

My late Mum did spot the ball every week and won nothing. She decided to increase her chances of winning with the aid of a magnifying glass. She carried on winning nowt!
Old Halifax pics... on 22:41 - Aug 1 with 1910 viewsswindondale

Old Halifax pics... on 21:01 - Aug 1 by soulboy

Some brilliant pictures there, the expressions on the faces of Dave Grant and Reidy were enough to put the fear of God into the opposition supporters, never mind the players!
On a more serious note, does anyone know how Keith Welch, one of our greatest ever keepers, is doing these days after reading on here some time ago he was seriously ill.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-hero-kei

Looks from this he was doing well earlier this year after a difficult few years. My favourite goalkeeper of all time. Always calm and looked to be in control, during a very difficult time for the team and club.
Old Halifax pics... on 07:28 - Aug 2 with 1779 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Very good! I can see myself sitting on the Sandy Lane wall behind the goals in the photo of Halifax scoring.
Old Halifax pics... on 10:48 - Aug 2 with 1710 viewschalky_ncfc

Bloody hell,in the top photo the pitch looks like it's had oil poured all over it,I can remember when pitches looked like a beach with the amount of the sand on it and I suppose that's the reason why

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Old Halifax pics... on 10:51 - Aug 2 with 1704 viewsDaleiLama

Old Halifax pics... on 10:48 - Aug 2 by chalky_ncfc

Bloody hell,in the top photo the pitch looks like it's had oil poured all over it,I can remember when pitches looked like a beach with the amount of the sand on it and I suppose that's the reason why

Welcome to the Crown Oil Arena (formerly and always known as Spotland)

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024